Warmachine General - Leto Is A Pussy Edition

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?250276-When-our-insider-drops&p=3546274&viewfull=1#post3546274
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Saw spoiler in the old thread and was enraged by how much of a retarded pussy leto is in blood of kings, hence

Absolutely. There's actually a scene in Blood of Kings when he finds out the Empress has double crossed him and his response is.

>But she's a Morrowan!

And everyone else in the room kind of stops for a reason to try and figure that shit out, before they go back to dealing with the situation.

To be fair, the whole issue of Leto being too nice of a person is shown as why he's failing as a king throughout the entire book.

Doesn't Vlad give Leto a run for the title of nicest person in setting, at least re: his people?

I wouldn't call Vlad nice, he's honorable, sure, and not an asshole, but he's not exactly super duper extra friendly.

Hark would be considered a nicer person, for example.

Vlad just has a strong sense of duty and responsibility toward his people. He's also an all round reasonable guy. But I wouldn't call him nice, no

Is it just me or are Idrians looking pretty fuckin neato in Mercs?

Sweet Mat 8 Pow 14 charges, pow 13 shooting that can do Damiano tier Pow 15 2 man CRAs against their prey. Not all that expensive either

That's exactly why Julius was able to become king. Even Cygnarans that hated Vinter wanted Leto gone

Well, that sounds pretty dumb overall. Why would they get rid of one of the few characters that's actually interesting?
He's kind of an ass, to be honest, but at least you can rely on him probably honoring his word and caring about Umbrey as a whole.
Any paladin is probably pretty nice, especially by PoM standards.
The empress is still in the running for top hypercunt, though there is some stiff competition.

The empress just wants to see all of Khador's stolen lands restored at any cost. She's a damn good ruler from Khador perspective and an oportunistic bitch from her enemies point of view.

I guess so, but you'd expect a seasoned politician like her to understand the concept that you don't *have* to betray your temporary allies at the first opportunity. At some point behavior like that would come around to bite you in the ass.

Khador in general just isn't used to having allies is all

TL;DR: everyone loses but nobody actually dies?

Well, Vinter sure does.

there's also the fact that if you were going to betray them, having them at their weakest with their ruler right there would probably be the best time to do it.

that basically had to happen for any of the timeskip plot or new stuff to make sense. close out that fucking chapter

yeah it seems like there are other groups, like Caine's old boss, who are basically like "Leto is too nice to ever order X but X has to get done for the good of the realm so we'll do it in his name."

being too nice is a bad quality in a ruler especially when you're at war with (1) the opportunistic northerners; (2) the religious group you oppressed and then exiled; (3) the people who want to put a carburetor in your corpse and send you screaming at other people; (4) the natives you fucked over, etc etc etc

Wait, who actually approved of imprisoning Menites during the war? Doesn't sound like a Leto thing to do

Is there a pdf for Wrath of the dragon father and blood of kings?

Sure, but her two most compentent generals, Irusk and Vlad, were both highly uncomfortable with the betrayal. It was a pretty dick move.

Sure, it's just a shame we lose one of like maybe three actually interesting people under the swan.

Magnus is back and he's a pretty interesting chap desu

Stryker iirc. he was the only person who needed to approve, being at like the top of the military hierarchy

Actually, didn't he kill a ton of Cygnarean soldiers and agents over the years? I mean, I get it, royal pardon and all, but I cannot imagine the military guys just accepting that. Especially considering that said new king's basis of power is precarious as fuck.

That's why Julius didn't actually give him any real power yet.

Julius told Magnus he needs to stay a merc, but that he will get his reward when the king has the standing to do so. For now, he has his pardon and the personal friendship of the king.

Stryker also seems to be coming around to Magnus as well, he practically spoke in his defense when they were deciding what to do with him.

And that's what makes it interesting, the civil war is over but there's still a lot of bad blood in Cygnar

Yea, and Julius all but shot down Leto's whole "No one will get punished" thing over the traitors as well.

I thought Julius was a bastard, so I'm not getting how he was the "rightful successor" and Leto admits he wasn't. that's not how bastardy works.

did Vinter's pet caster from the 4th army survive? i really want to see her statted out on the table,

I guess the Church of Morrow can declare children legal even if born out of wedlock, if the situation is right.

And given that one of the highest priests of Morrow was standing there claiming he's the rightful heir of Vinter, it sort of worked out.

Leto also said the court system would figure out the bastard aspect out, pretty quickly, likely meaning he was going to force the issue.

She did.

yeah there was a concentrated effort to keep her alive, I'm hoping they'll use her a bunch more in the fiction leading to her tabletop appearance as well

cool. i know casters are rare, so it would suck to waste one, especially if you addressed the concerns she had.

Sort of. In the warmachine storyline Magnus has mostly fucked up inquisitors and sort of helped Vinter early on but after he went epic he mostly just stole that convoy of gold (which Julius also helped with) and killed some sword Knights.

He then proceeded to save an entire city from falling to Khador and keep Vinter from killing Leto so he's kind of a wash

That she was corrupt, insubordinate, and at one point of the novel actively delighted in killing fellow Cygnarans because they were issued better equipment than her? She can rot in jail.

Tbh she was literally just pStryker iirc

She took the pardon she was offered, and was then shunted to the 4th army and left to rot for years, even though she was an experienced and battle tested caster.

Of course she's pretty pissed off at Cyngarians, especially the other armies who spent years calling her trash.

she could totally end up becoming the magnus of the julius era

Venethrax +26
-Withershadow Combine -9
-Deathjack -23
-Deathripper -6
-Deathripper -6
-Inflictor -13
-Inflictor -13
-Harrower -16
Mobius -6
Bloat Thrall -4
Warwitch Siren -4
Soul Trapper -1

thoughts?

So, what happened to Vinter's body? Because if there's a chance we'll get a lichlord Vinter out of this...

Buried under castle raelthorne.

And yes, please

That would be pretty cool. He could basically be the Von Carstein of Warmachine, coming back from the grave to take his rightful kingdom

I was thinking a node, 4 or 5 inflictors, then support as needed

so is Sturgiss less shit in the new meta?

Do not speak of the old times, They have past and are buried under what only amasses to a betrayal greater than the Horus Heresy.

Let the dead rest.

Yeah, you're right. But the new Total War rekindled my interest in WHF. It's such a cruel joke that we get the best WHF video game right after the setting is obliterated

i don't want to buy that many inflictors haha. and having an extra node is always good. what were you thinking for support?

God, I've almost conquered the entire badlands as Grimgor now.

My forth army, I think, is going to be nothing but Savage Orc Big 'Uns. Let's see how Chaos likes that shit.

No, he's still shit

It is but a dream of an age long past. Beautiful yet fleeting

8th endures and then there's 9th age.

Who?

Wsc, darragh, maybe ILO jurys out on them, maybe WWS

holy shit soles actually gave circle an apology for being shit at answering questions

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?250276-When-our-insider-drops&p=3546274&viewfull=1#post3546274

did he apologize for the design decision that is Age of Cygnar too?

>Age of Cygnar
kekek

"It hadn't really occurred to me how divergent my knowledge of the game had become until I started writing these Insiders and realized that I was more likely to recall significant play test changes ran than changes actually from Mk II."

"The change to the Shifting Stone's place effects was so long ago it is not even in my notes... That likely means August of 2013"

They'd been moving away from Mk2 over two years ago, and had been designing for mk3 by the sounds of it. This explains why so many of the last few releases have been bent as fuck.

Not that I agree with all the design decisions I've seen for Mk3, but we'll see how it goes I guess.

there was also this from later in the thread

"I think another missing piece of the puzzle is theme forces. We intend for theme forces to be a regular building block of armies in the new edition. Certainly not all armies will be built using a theme force, but a lot will. And theme forces do not allow for the use of character warbeasts/warjacks that are not expressly listed as a model that can be included in the force army. The exception is that a character warbeast can be included in a theme force if it has a Bond with the warlock that is commanding the army."

so if it actually works like he says then theme forces really are the main factor we aren't seeing when we're trying to judge balance

if this is the case I hope that there will be multiple options for any given caster so even if you dont have a particular infantry unit you can still use that caster effeciently. unlike the fairly narrow current themes

Theme forces are now more akin to what Merc Contracts or Minion Pacts are in Mk2. They're no longer tied to specific casters, they're built more around specific unit/model types.

I think it'll be more like one circle theme force can only use wolf sworn, and another requires no wolf sworn, stuff like that

same time: theme forces aren't going to provide cost discounts.

so what do you suppose they WILL provide? i don't play mercs so what do contracts usually give you

access to new units or changes to unit allowance? Game buffs like being able to advance move or AD?

Theme forces are going to have direct in-game effects

I think an early insider mentioned a gun mage theme that gave gun mages CRA or something like that

Gunmages will get CRA.

gotcha. i remember them saying in-game effects, like a + to the initiative roll, versus pre-game effects, like cost decreases

lol dumb

So would this be where people saying that Legion Infantry got better and Beasts got pulled down a little might make sense?

since the infantry appear sorta nerfed in general.

we've seen they can add non-faction stuff you normally wouldn't be allowed to take

Llaelese Resistance Theme Force (replaces Highborn Covenant) allows one non-character Cygnaran or Protectorate unit as mercenaries.

The Kingmaker's Army (replaces Magnus' Agenda and the Bad Seeds theme force) - Magnus1, Magnus2, Bart, Damiano, and Drake MacBain as casters. Allows Long Gunner, Ranger, and Trencher units to count as mercs and join in the army.

That's legacy though, those always did that.

CRA Funmages won't be so bad

right but now they use that mechanic in any given faction

It'll be useless things like 'Place a 3" Cloud Effect that goes away after the first round"

*can use that

Though Legion infantry didn't really get better overall; most of our good units got nerfed too. Swordsmen and Archers got slightly better, bringing them up from 'terrible' to 'ok'.

that's pretty much the only hope left for legionnaires now

really what improved legion infantry was (1) the beebs staying the same; and (2) caster changes

also yeah i get maybe legos were doing too much but as with Gaspy2, the response was incredibly heavy handed.

Absolutely not. While he's not bad by Khadoran standards, Khadoran standards state that "invade countries over ages old butthurt, distracting everyone from the real enemy, and unleash insane superpowered criminals on women and children while doing so" is a 100% okay way to go about your life. Basically every Khadoran character, no matter how personally good they are, is marred by their loyalty to a single-minded evil.

>The empress is still in the running for top hypercunt, though there is some stiff competition.

The primary competition, I'd say, would be Saeryn (tricked her autismo sister into becoming a deranged mindslaved mutant because it might lead to her gaining some power), Krueger (literally willing to destroy everything to prove he's not a second-stringer), and Vayl (sold her entire people into slavery and mutilation due to butthurt).

i am so mad at Saeryn after Wrath of the Dragonfather. hunt down and drag that bitch.

>Lich Lord Vinter

Oh god yes please.

They'd have to tone him down, though, wouldn't they? His stats, when put out before, were such that he would just disintegrate anything he touched with his mad sword skills.

Why did circle get an appology? Hes been just as shitty for the entire insider cycle.

Circle Christmas never ends.

Man, what's she done now?

first main faction post-leak aside from khador, and khador just got a truckload of christmas from it?

beebs as in beth and bel?

he was particularly salty with circle

Nope still a poor mans pgaspy. Even power up fails to make him more interesting as his spellcasting and melee still sucks. His feat could have some synergy with bile thralls now, if you can clump infantry together i guess, as the 8 spray could do some work

blightbringer

she had a chance to get that athanc everyone's been chasing for the whole edition to everblight. instead she betrays him, severs her and rhea's connection to him, and gives the athanc to blighterghast as a counter to everblight.

Nonsense. She gave the Athanc to Blighterghast to prevent Toruk's imminent 100% victory over all dragons and the whole world. Everblight was being a spiteful bitch and wanted the Athanc no matter what, even though it would doom everyone including himself.

Anyone have a current link to the full card decks? Only downloaded the cards for my main faction and I want to familiarize myself with my new enemies.

It is interesting that she can think more strategically than him. And even do her own thing, instead of having to always be subordinate to the dragon. Have they ever gone into how she's able to do so?

sounds interesting; because some cunts have already started list building and it's basically:
caster + all the character WJs
So it would be nice if that wasn't possible.

Then again I kinda hope any kind of spam isn't possible.

I don't think that's unique to her. If I recall, Lylith went epic, don't remember which one, after almost breaking free from everblight after some incident.

Lylyth tore the Athanc shard out of her chest in delirium when Everblight abandoned her. Saeryn is able to very deliberately shield parts of her and her sister's minds from Everblight, to the point he can read those thoughts or exert control over them.

"CAN'T read those thoughts", of course

no it will for sure be possible, it's just the person that chooses to go all characters will have to weigh gaining the character bonuses versus losing the theme bonuses, which sounds okay to me as long as the theme bonuses are worthwhile enough that losing them is an actual penalty

The two theme list bits I've never understood:

-Caine2 requiring multiple Lancers for one of his tiers, despite their counter synergy with his abilities and no particular Lancer presence in his fluff.

-Vayl2 getting to take other people's character beasts for some reason.

And this is the problem with having only skimmed the pre-reckoning books.

Holy fuck they should have let Hungerford answer all the Insider questions, he's been nailing it in the Cygnar thread.

It's twin magic. Twin magic is a big theme in the setting. See: Morrow and Thamar.

Also, Haley and Denny

Vayl is in many ways the heart of the Legion, even if Thags is where most of Everblight lives.

what's he saying?