What is to 5E what pathfinder is to 3.5?

What is to 5E what pathfinder is to 3.5?

An invalid comparison.

Pathfinder took the 3.5 rules and added a lot of extra bloat without resolving any of the system's many errors or inconsistencies.

5e is an extremely streamlined system, and nobody has bothered to create a clone of it filled with extensive bloat and/or unresolved mechanical flaws.

3rd edition

There aren't 5E derivatives (yet?)

You are an idiot.

>added extra bloat
I have Pathfinder with a bloody fucking passion, and that's still wrong.

hate*

Nothing yet, if there will be one at all. Pathfinder was a direct derivative of 3.5e's OGL SRD, there are no systems that are a direct derivative of 5e's OGL SRD.

The shit I just took.
It's 5e but better in every regard, even the fragrance.
Not to say I like Pathnigger.

So I take it your 5e book didn't smell too great?

I didn't get the 5e book because it's a shitty system.

I literally bought the 5e PHB today and this post made me sniff it. It has the standard "new book smell" of a paper and glue. I think someone found out that Spoony was buying that copy and farted in it.

Then how do you even know the rules :^)

No, it's dead right.

Martials got a bunch of added powers that basically just wind up being more trap options, they added pointless rules to basic shit that already was pointlessly explained in 3.5, and the bulk of the shit added on in supplements and AP add nothing but even more pointless rules stacked on top of shit like augments, aliens, and fucking cthulhu.

Downloaded it. Waste of disk space, desu.

Sure you did.

Sure, I did.

Your question doesn't make any sense. 5E is still the current system. Pathfinder was created to keep 3.5 going after Wizards stopped supporting it.

Though now you have me curious if there's something like Pathfinder for 4E.

>Though now you have me curious if there's something like Pathfinder for 4E.
4e's "open" licensing was way more restrictive than OGL, so there aren't any direct successors.

A lot of people on Veeky Forums shill "Strike!" though.

Go home Virt. Preferably in a pinewood box.

Rule of Cool made a system called Legend. It's fucking gorgeous in my honest opinion, but it's ded game now. The crew broke up over creative differences before a Monster Manual emerged.

As is, it is an awesome skeleton. But there's no meat, unless you want to handcraft each and every monster yourself. And considering each and every example one was built like a full player character, Fuck all of that.

Who?

Took you long enough, what were you doing? Reading one 5e spell description?

i'm sorry about your illiteracy

shitposting in a shit thread btw

this is correct

Why doesn't the big-bad just nuke Taverns, since that's where all hero's coalesce?

He could take out 30 or 40 of them with a single comet.

Because 90% of the time heroes are in dungeons or wilderness, so all that would really accomplish is killing a handful while the rest get pissed that the BBEG is destroying taverns.

You didn't think this plan through very well.