Demon Thread

How about a good demon thread, Veeky Forums?

What flavor of demons do you prefer? Lovecraftian? Judeo-Christian? Eastern? I'm personally a big fan of the classic, white-bread, Judeo-Christian inspired stuff but I'm always interested in hearing about new forms of these elemental evils. Every culture has their own version of demons, but which ones are your favorites?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z1L2MuTNH6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Devils also welcomed.

Aren't Eastern ghosts largely just angry human ghosts?

>demons

I'm a fan of wakfu's demons, they don't call them demons but I have made them so in my game.

They can't die per say but when defeated turn into a small gem that can transform ordinary objects into weapons of power. There's a bunch more about them, check it out.

Love a mix of Lovecraftian and Judeo-Christian.

I like them sexy.

No, Veeky Forums. You are the demons.

>Demons
>Not Deamons

Also this

youtube.com/watch?v=z1L2MuTNH6M

I too prefer sexy demons. However, I have precisely zero demon art.

God, I love DOOM.

Have you played the new one?

It's quite good, actually.

>posting the inferior version

I've always had demons as a blanket, catch all term for any malevolent spiritual being that opposes God/goodness/etc (and in some cases, the non malevolent ones too). So you have a lot of variety among demon kind, because its less of a specific group and more of an alliance of necessity against their common enemy, man.

I prefer Lovecraftian demons. Something about unknowable, incomprehensible abominations from beyond the stars just tickles my imagination. I also like how eldritch abominations aren't technically evil, just uber-powerful beings totally unconcerned with human morality whose existence is indifferent or antithetical to our own.

That being said, classical horn-and-pitchfork demons definitely hold a special place in my heart.

This is great.

I've played some of the first levels on the new one, and was loving it.

>good demon thread.
This is now a thread about good demons.
Post demons who are good.

Kek.
All demons are good inside.

I personally like the idea of demons as fallen angels, who chose free will over obedience. Try to swing them in a sympathetic light, beings discarded and stripped of otherwise godly power because of actions they believed to be true and just, but at the same time I like to stress that the majority of them are no less arrogant, bloodthirsty or power hungry. They're still what could be considered evil creatures, but from their perspective they did what they thought was morally right and sound. Pretty much how the demon in The Keep 1983 pretends to be for the first half of the film.

That said, The demons in the setting I'm currently building are much different. In that setting, they're a newer race of elementals, more abstract than their conventional elemental brethren, and all elementals are infant gods, which slowly mature into planetoids and bud off their motherworld.

As weeaboo as this might sound, I really like Japanese demons. Not necessarily evil, just mischievous.

this is cute

I like Hellenistic, Greco-Roman daemons. They're less always chaotic evil and more amoral.