The Official MTG Snowstorm Thread

Welcome to the flake thread!

Previously:
Not much happened. A new flake or two and some arguing.

Previous thread:Writefagging last time:

>None

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come.
>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

What if the eldrazi are suppose to feed on dead planes and the three titans are part of a mutation that turned them into predators?

What if the planes they were visiting were SUPPOSED to already be dead planes. And something is interfering with the natural order?

*waves to Gaia-chan*

Know your trolls, snowflakes.

That was proven inaccurate. There were three different people using the face. As I was one of them and I am one of those flake's user. And not the other's user.

Stop sparking up conflicts, Chillbrass.

Hint: Neither of those posts were Des-chan.

Ulamog consumes the mana of the dying planes and shits it out in the space where the plane used to be. Which is why his lineage has ingest and processor
Kozilek makes the new plane from the shat out mana, which is why his lineage has so much emphasis on reshaping reality.
Emrakul pops along, does her thing, and mutates the life that forms on the plane into more familiar forms, sort of acting as evolution maybe?
Sorin, Nahiri, and Ugin trapped them on Zendikar which threw everything out of whack.
Ulamog isn't that smart and figures that he's here so might as well consume the mana and shit it out. He knows he's not supposed to be on Zendikar as shown by "Memories of Blood" on the mothership.
Kozilek is the nightshift guy who doesn't like people but now he's on a plane filled with these little assholes so fuck them. His job is evidenced when he mindfucks Tazri and she has that part about reshaping Zendikar and waiting for him for millions of years.
Emrakul knew enough of her job that she just fucked off to somewhere else, or maybe she didn't and Nahiri was trapping her on the outside of Innistrad until the shield created by Avacyn shattered when Avacyn was killed by Sorin.

>Writefagging last time:

>None

Sorry about that, I find it really hard to find inspiration for things to write about. I could probably write about Serena doing whatever on Innistrad all day but I don't feel like that's very interesting for the rest of you.

Also Gaia user? Do you think you could finish that picture? I really like it and would like to use it instead of the one I was using before. No worries if not though, it's up to you.

no more
pls

Which plane do you think would be the best to pick up powerful earth magic?

>Do you think you could finish that picture?
I'll get to it this weekend. But work has been taking up a lot of time. And I've been helping my sister move.

Based on the roil. Zendikar.

You're the best.

>Where does the illusion stuff come in?
I just had this image the other day of a vampire about to eat a human, when suddenly it realizes the human is already dead and rotting. And then a mantis person "decloaks" behind it.

Despite that image, I actually don't imagine the mantis killed the person or is evil. It just found a corpse and used it as a puppet in order to study the vampire's behavior.

>What are your thoughts on their green aspects?
Not too sure yet. I just have this association between bugs and nature. It could be monoblue, though.

>Also, they should join Arkhesh in the quest for understanding the multiverse.
Remind me, who is Arkhesh again? I don't see him in the repo. But yeah, I'd be up for it.

Aren't the Roil mages more Blue than any other colors?

They're a new fucker I'm so sorry

No more? I haven't made that many flakes. Do you think I'm Des-chan again? That's the second or third time someone has called me Des-chan. It's kind of getting out of hand. Also, never I d of the pic search. I found one.

Earth.

Oh, you mean nature kind of earth? Hmm.. Dominaria or Alara would probably be your best bets. Third choice would probably be Lorwyn.

Katin is stalking this thread

Maybe you shouldn't use emoticons then, that is what made me think you were Des.
hey bby, what's up?

*sees you*

I'm actually talking about lava and rocks; not plants.
I want to make a character who is sort of like a magical geologist or whatever they call the people who study rocks.

And here is my newest flake. Shit, I haven't made once sing Íreth. Maybe I need to step up my game.

I wasn't the only one though. There was a third person doing it at the same time yesterday. It was kind of amusing though. And no probs. People make mistakes.

Dominaria or Mirrodin. Mirrodin have the Auriok tribe who are nomadic humans that have a gold metal sprouting from their bodies kind of like Doomsday with his bone protrusions.

She isn't white. Not a single sword, axe, or bow is shown in the artifacts/equipment section.
Nice trips.

Other than her white part not really being there at all, it's pretty good

>Nothing but hunting wurms
Eh kind of one note there.

And for Dominaria?

Her white comes from Armada Wurm, Autochthon Wurm and Advent of the Wurm.

Reminder that the events of four blocks all happened because Nahiri is a filthy whore

Didn't you know? Literally everyone uses the o__o emoticon with specifically two underscores, it's a really common emoticon.

Do you really think two people are the same person just because they use such a frequently used emoticon as o__o?

So she is white because you want her to summon those monsters?

She is white because she can summon those monsters. Colors are schools of magic used to cast spells with, you don't need to define a character's personality according to them.

That's stupid. You're stupid.

Well the only thing they have going for their character is hunting wurms and being a barbarian.
Not exactly an interesting walker.

Explain what's white about Nahiri's current personality or what's red about Arlinn's personality.

Arlinn is red because she uses werewolf magic.
Nahiri is white because she uses lithomancy.
Sarkhan is blue because he used time magic once.
Xenagos is green because he uses growth magic.

I could keep on going and going and going. There's plenty of planeswalkers that have no personality traits of a color and only have that color because they use a form of magic included in that color. White has some examples of wurm magic, therefore a wurm mage can be white.

I didn't even make that walker and I can tell you that you're obviously blind to what makes a character interesting.

Well that character sure ain't got it.

That's just Wizards being retarded, there's nothing white about Nahiri's goals, she's white because they won't completely change a walkers colours in one go. Or maybe because they want to make it all 'well she was justified in doing it' or 'she was doing it for the greater good' bullshit.

Arlinn has no personality so that's moot.

We've had complete and utter assholes in white before though, just look at Konda and Heliod.

Pretty sure Arlin's is "smug milf"

>Well she was justified in doing it
But that's how she feels, and isn't that what determines what colors a character is?
I think that revenge and justice are perfectly red/white. Just look at the Boros.

I'd argue it's not Wizards being retarded, it's Wizards accepting that a character's color can be decided entirely by the magic they use, hence Narset being UW instead of UR.

Didn't you know?
Nobody fucking uses emoticons on Veeky Forums. Therefore, somebody using emoticons - especially in a specific way with frequency - is easy to pick out.

But literally five different people have used o__o in these threads.

It's a really fucking common emoticon, dude. Get with the program. .__.

Does her super-predator philosophy make her interesting to you or something?

Hear hear

Based on Maro's comments, Heliod is white instead of black despite being amoral, paranoid, treacherous and power-hungry because he genuinely believes his supremacy is for the good of Theros.

Nahiri's seems to be a mix of W/R's vengeance subtheme (generally speaking revenge is in some combination of Mardu as a concept), red lashing out irrationally as a response to her anger, and white in that she's trying to "balance the scales" with her various atrocities on Innistrad, but it's still more in keeping with a whitish character than literally anything Heliod said or did.

Ok Chandere.

But according to Wizards, the magic you use is determined by your personality and what you value.

So would a planewalker be able to command their summoned creatures to carry out tasks out of their line of sight like hunting down fleeing enemies?

Pretty sure yeah.

Sauce? I don't doubt you, I'm just curious.

Loran's Smile I believe? Feldon has to spend time getting into the mindset of being able to cast the black and white spells he does cast.

Hey guys
new Avacyn picture

Your flakes have been invited to a fancy party! And they have to dress up for it
who's excited
who's dreading it
and who has to be dragged into the changing room kicking and screaming?

>WG Sonia eagerly dresses to the nines for the occasion, while WR Sonia dreads it because she doesn't feel comfortable in fancy dresses anymore, even though she wants to.
>Zenri would be excited if anything fit her, but since many worlds have clothing scaled only to human sizes, she dreads the idea of showing up in an appropriately sized dress that was meant for a little girl.
>Dyna would dread it; nothing fits her, period, and she frankly doesn't see the point of fancy clothes. You can't fight in a hoop skirt, and a party that doesn't have at least one fist fight is no party at all.
>Astera is a curious sort and so likes investigating local culture by dressing up properly, although her legs sometimes get in the way. She tries not to listen to the voice of instinct telling her that the only proper way to party is naked.

OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.

Ka'koarm dons a pretty pink dress of pure hatred and declares himself prettiest fish at the party, liberates all the liquor and ascends to prettiest passed-out fish at party

I don't see the white. I barely see the black.

Also, am I the only one that's going to point out the use of the word "worm" throughout the bio?

I did forget to mention in the bio that she has a very strong sense of battle ethics. She doesn't fight those whom are defenseless and too weak against her. She won't kill for the sake of killing, only for sport when it's a fair challenge or the odds are stacked against her and obviously for survival as well. A girl has to eat.

That wasn't me, just to let you know.

Yeah, that is somewhat the point. Barbarians aren't particularly complex beings. She lives for the fight. And that's all she needs in life.

As the flake's creator, having a female that doesn't try to be intelligent and basks in her instinctive sense of rage and aggression kind of seems interesting. I like to think that she tends to be more dominant that most males. And if a male wanted to get with her, he best be able and willing to forcefully take her. Because that's the way of nature to her, take what you want or don't get it at all.

Yes. Garruk does this all the time.

Feldon isn't a planeswalker though. He also has a problem summoning anything at all because of this. Non-walkers traditionally can only summon non-specific generic tokens. And he was trying to summon his dead wife. And tried using the wrong types of magic that were associated with her. He didn't understand that she was white and not the other colors.

I think the cannibalism and ruthlessness covers black
also she has a sack boy on her shirt.

The basis of summoning doesn't change whether you are a planeswalker or not, just the amount of mana bonds you have access to and your knowledge of spells is greatly expanded.

Oh, wow!

you may want to re-write the bio a bit to bring in these senses of ethics she has, establish a good understanding of all the colors within her to those trying to figure it out by reading.

Yes, because it also says "monstrous worm", "great and fearsome worms", and "giant worms". But, I see your point. I see it more like referring to a Kird Ape as a monkey. And how is she not black? She's hardcore and obscenely murderous, seeks out power, ambitious as hell, very dominant, ruthless, and selfish. Those are all aspects of black.

And the power you have and the stronger connection to mana, leylines, and magic. You think anyone can literally just use all the mana on a plane to fuel one single spell like Nissa did? Magic in general is so much easier for Planeswalkers.

The green/red sticks out like a sore thumb. Those colors have so much aggro potential that stacking any further power-mongering and hunting just looks like more of the same.

I literally have no room for that least it starts to become hard to read. Perhaps I should take Des-chan's lead and start modifying the boxes to fit more room for the bios.

That's why black goes so well with green and red.

You spent a lot of bio space telling us things specifically instead of finding ways to show them in the context of the character's life. Like, most of it. Some things are easier to do different ways, but maybe you might find a different way to get your point across than the first way that you wrote it. Just a thought.

Here you go. You can use mine. :3

Though, I took out artifacts because most of my flakes don't use them. So, you might want to add that bracket back in if you wanna. o__o

whatever happened to chandere? did they kill?

Suggestion: Having too many preferred spells is generally seen as bad juju, so put the artifacts bracket back in as part of that far right column, taking some space back from that slot.

Hondick is excited to dress up and does his best to be fancy despite being an orc.
Anna is into it as long as it isn't part of her getting screwed by belloski
Jorge and The Cathar are dreading it for different reasons.
Starke was somehow pressured into putting on a dress for the first time in her life and is summoning angels to keep anyone from getting her out of the changing room.

do what said, cut down on the specifics and give us a better general overview of your flake.

I like the 12-16 spells. It seems pretty consistent number amongst flakes. The reason I made the bracket longer is to get a better resolution from the cards.

8-12 is typically a better ballpark, IMO, because it's a "preffered" spell list. It's a go-to thing, so the more that you add on the less reasonable it becomes. 16 I feel like is an absolute cap, because you are going way too far once you pass that.

Also, better card resolution? Isn't the purpose really just to lay out what the spells are, since it's not always quite so literal? And that's still a lot of space.

>As the flake's creator, having a female that doesn't try to be intelligent and basks in her instinctive sense of rage and aggression kind of seems interesting. I like to think that she tends to be more dominant that most males. And if a male wanted to get with her, he best be able and willing to forcefully take her. Because that's the way of nature to her, take what you want or don't get it at all.

Wow, are you serious? Holy fuck dude.

I like to think of it as a struggle snuggle.

I think everyone else sees it as "mate with your intended partner without consent and with as much force as possible until she gives in." Which is some kind of rape.

well if she wants them to do it that way, is it really rape?

>As the flake's creator, having a female that doesn't try to be intelligent and basks in her instinctive sense of rage and aggression kind of seems interesting. I like to think that she tends to be more dominant that most males. And if a male wanted to get with her, he best be able and willing to forcefully take her. Because that's the way of nature to her, take what you want or don't get it at all.
And I thought I was bad when I posted that line of fanservice in the last thread. Fuck, dude.

Here is an updated sheet.

I just hate when you can't read the cards, just in case someone finds something they'd like to add to a deck that they didn't know about.

I know that feel
I'm one of the people with 16 cards and I am pretty unhappy with the fact that I had to overlap them a bit to fit them. I kept the names, illustrations and card types visible, but I do admit people might not get the full scope of what my guy is capable of with 3/4 of his cards covered.

Or it's the fact that she dictates her entire life as a display of dominance and power. And that she sees anyone who is weaker than her doesn't deserve her body.

Here is my updated version of Des's stock sheet.

What line of fanservice?

Yeah, I'm still not seeing the white at all. A code of ethics, when described as you have put it, sounds pretty red to me. Honestly, she sounds jund incarnate.

I think they were aiming for the "honour in battle" thing for the white, but I don't see it very well either.

Ow, my feels. Not what I want to wake up to.

I think Serena would be excited, she'd never have been to one before, she'd probably need someone to explain to her why she can't just dress as normal but she'd probably have fun in a cute dress. No alcohol though, though I'm not sure angels can get drunk, lets just say yes.

>Nishal
You had him at party.

>Iosha
She's from Esper, of course she would love it. she's probably got an entire room aboard filled with nothing but fancy dresses

That spoiler about Iosha is adorable and made me smile irl.

No color has to have all aspects that fall under the color. Just look at Boros, they don't share any of the aspects of white amongst the other guides associated with white. And this flake's aspects of white would be idealism, restrictions, and honor in battle.

I mean, the Boros exist to protect people. Which is what white exists almost entirely to do (see their signature species, angels.)

I can see why you included white in her, but it just feels a little forced to me. I feel like she would be fine as a jund walker, but that could very well just be me.

Yes, but Orzhov dowsnt live to protect.

The big thing about white is it tends towards order and civilization, hence why the average human has a color identity of white. Both Boros and Orzhov attempt to impose order and law through their own methods, but order and law are still intrinsic to their identity.

no, they live to keep the law. the Orzhov were originally the lawmakers, before they became corrupt by their ability to subjugate the people.

all of the original ravnican guilds have a very good use of the colour pie; for white the Boros INSTATE the law, the Azorius ENFORCE the law, the Orzhov WRITE the law, and the Selesnyia help everyone in Ravnica find their place