Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Adorable items edition.

Have you ever seen intelligent item consumables, anons? How did you react?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19): paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the unerrata'd content here: web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1SeF1EF2NUNMiVRu2ITpuNDZzwyI14ahXTKFiBP97Yy0/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/instant-weapon
d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms/modern-firearms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nope, apart from the healdo

Tell it to me straight, /pfg/, what's your favorite monster. Homebrew or not

Wheel Skeletons.
DANANA DA DA DANANA

Definitely the Vilderavn. They have a variety of effects that help screw over parties - for one, they can make the party waste actions because it makes them not count as allies anymore. then there's also the fact that thanks to the bleeding damage it can keep damaging people even after it changes targets, hexes which can make people waste even more actions, and it's a pretty damn good fighter on top of all this, with high quality gear.

Plus, while it's sort of edgy in fluff and appearance, the difference between it and a lot of the bullshit people try to pull of is that the vilderavn actually works it, being out and out scary in both potential and personal power. I'm the user that put together a build that can solo linnorms, but I haven't worked out how to consistently solo a vilderavn without overwhelming firepower and surprise.

Top 5, in no specific order:

>Rust Monsters
>Owlbears
>Glimmerskins
>Nimblewrights
>Otyughs

Course, actually /using/ the first of those is heresy and awful.

Go home Pat, you're a blind, overleveled scrub and you're always wrong.

Personally, I'd rather homebrew Bloodborne enemies

What's wrong with using a rust monster?

>tfw I put a pair of rust monsters in a labyrinth my players were in
>tfw I planted a nice shortbow, some really nice arrows, and a keen impervious falcata in easy-to-find places before the fight
>tfw my players found the bow, arrows, and sword, and promptly ran the fuck away from the rust monsters

It was just the two players, but come on.

I'm having a rust monster in an upcoming game with a warforged cleric!

Stalkers
I dont know if theyre homebrew or not but theyre like huge invisible demonic panthers

Ruining treasure makes the game unfun in a game as treasure-focused as PF.

Gear is sacred, moreso than characters. It may be "fair" but it FEELS awful from both sides of the DM screen in my experience.

It cripples characters that rely on metal gear, which is, like, 75% of them. Even clerics tend to have some metal on them, usually in the form of a weapon and chain armor. Hell, even druids tend to have metal weapons, even if it gets subsumed by wildshaping.

What's a Glimmerskin?

It makes the martials even more useless

Battle-crazy cancer ghosts from the Positive Energy Plane that ride along inside and buff up warriors to get their kicks.

Oh, so bored wizards, gotcha.

>pathfinder with one group, once per week
>been playing together for almost a year (less when you account for time off when the GM's wife gave birth)
>halfway through Rise of the Runelords
I made the mistake of just playing a min-maxed-for-combat dumbass. It's a necessary role but I'm kinda tired of it, but our group is pretty attached to our party structure since everyone has well defined roles.

There are so many different builds I want to try though. How do I satisfy my urge to see them in action?

Nah. They're martials too, just incorporeal so they can't stab things on their own.

Airship pirates- they're so fucking metal

Our group's GM wants someone to take over for the next game, and I'm tempted to but I've only been playing for a year or so, and I've never GM'd.
Is GMing for the first time difficult? Is it fun?
What should I run?

Be happy you got a group, fuckboi.
Some of us have to GM if we want to play at all.

>Play Rise of the Runelords with friends
>Never finish it because in the third week the lolsoranimb girl in the group gets the party killed by trying to kill the entire town guard

I really wanted to play it, too.

How do I Gambler Kineticist?

>always wrong
>not liam
What's there to stat from Bloodborne though? Most of them are some kind of beast, which is just a mishmash of monster parts, possibly with some fleshwarping. Winter Lanterns might be fun though, they're probably some kind of Mesmerist-based thing.

it is both difficult and fun. you will definitely make mistakes your first time, but you gotta take that first step.

Make someone else do it. Everyone in the group wants to play.

That sucks. The first module is great. Overall thoguh, it feels really...long and winding. Like the actual storyline could have been in 3-4 books rather than 6.

Living Failures and other Emissary types, Orphan, Moon Presence, Rom, Ebri-chan, the Shadows of Yharnam, the wormheaded beast bosses from the Chalice Dungeons, Amygdala (both Lesser and Greater), the Byrgenwerth students, the Byrgenwerth Flies, Bloodlickers, the Flower Dragons, Ludwig, the Wetnurse, the One Reborn and the mini Ones

And I think there may be some Chalice monsters I'm forgetting

Rule #1: never use your own PP if you can avoid it. Once you get to the point that you're casting almost entirely off of temporary PP, you're much safer unless you piss off whatever deity holds sway over your d20

Rule #2: Cash in early and often. In an ideal fight, you're going to hit it literally every other turn (alternating with a manifested power of choice)

Other than that, have a blast ba-dum-tish

> GM pull out Rusted Monsters
> I am a monster tactician

>Qlippoth get next to no love from Paizo
They have so much potential as a race, it's kind of painful how little they get.
Hell, one species that got mentioned (the Hydraggon) never even got stats.

If it were up to you, what would you do with them?

Can a good cleric cast evil SLA? Logic would say no, but after so many errata about how SLA aren't spell... I am not so sure anymore.

SLA are not spells. therefore, their alignment descriptors don't hit your alignment.

How interested is /pfg/ in homebrew from random posters? It seems like a lot of folks simply get passed over when they post their own.

It varies. If it's the top of a new thread it might not get as lost as if it were post 150-ish at a busy time.

I remember postig some of mine like, a year ago. Lost to the sands of time, sadly; to be fair they probably weren't that good but still.

Depends. I mean, it hasn't stop some people from posting, and often people have to be in the mood to look at homebrew to give feedback... Which isn't often, unless it's something /pfg/ tends to universally like like a waifu race

They're still innately evil. Though the cleric can probably use them, too much use could cause them to fall or shift alignments. Good gods would probably frown upon the use of evil spell-like abilities.

I just want to know whether they can use them or not. It's a simple yes or no question.

No moral/alignment argument, please.

>Her alignment, however, may restrict her from casting certain spells opposed to her moral or ethical beliefs; see Chaotic, Evil, Good, and Lawful Spells.

>A cleric can't cast spells of an alignment opposed to her own or her deity's (if she has one). Spells associated with particular alignments are indicated by the chaotic, evil, good, and lawful descriptors in their spell descriptions.

Spell-likes aren't spells so they're, mechanically, fine to use.

Depends on how invested people are in it, and how well you sell it.
For example, I could go
>Hey check out my fighter fix #346866 pastebin.link
which probably won't get much from you because you threw it in pastebin, when you could have thrown it in googledocs for easy commenting, and everyone's moved away from fighters onto other things by now.
Or you could be like
>Hey, check out my list of new wizard spells, to include Summon: Shotguns and Magic Missile: Nut tap, as well as some new wonderous items at docs.google.blah
And you'll probably get more hits because it's more interesting and it's in a reader/commenter friendly environment.

You tell me:
docs.google.com/document/d/1SeF1EF2NUNMiVRu2ITpuNDZzwyI14ahXTKFiBP97Yy0/edit?usp=sharing
This is my homebrewed vigilante archetype, it's focused on making vigilante's actually able to disguise themselves as other characters.
P.S. It is an initiator archetype that explicitly stacks with the casting archetypes because I want it to.

Vigilantes... already can disguise themselves as other people?

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me why doesn't your party have a cool group name or wear badass color-coordinated attires?

We were brought together by necessity, not choice.

>ze instead of he or she

That's really offputting to the point I had to stop reading, even paizo just picks one and sticks with it.

My Bard tried, user. Believe me, he really tried. It just doesn't fucking stick.

Farewell my dreams of establishing "The Renegade Riders" and their horses with flaming tails and manes (illusory, of course. Nightmares are hard to befriend as a mount unless you're evil as fuck.)

None of us knew each other before the campaign began. Each of us had a different reason to be there, and a different goal.

When the attack came, the four of us were the only survivors. That dragon paid for what it did.

And yet the local populace still calls you 'those heroes who killed a dragon' or 'those guys who saved us from the lich'?

"The Heroes of Rhos Vel" were what we got called. or the "Collared Men". The collars were a long story.

They don't really call us much of anything.

Word about us has a bad habit of never reaching anywhere, due to there always being no survivors besides us by the time we're done killing the monster of the week.

I'm beginning to think our GM hates us.

Speaking of, I was gonna just wait, but circumstances have kind of fucked me.

How much would you price an item that let you use Arcane strike as a free action, as well as increased crit range to 19-20/2x and increased the range of Mystic Bolts by 20-30 ft? I want to say, like, 5000-6000, but it's kinda iffy.

>go to quote
>tablet utterly fucks up post
>don't notice

Maybe I shouldn't be shitposting while sick.

Can I use Instant Weapon spell to create Monowhip?

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/instant-weapon

Do Wizard has no sense of right and wrong?

I hope you enjoy not having any charges in it.

Yes, but no ammo/charges, so it's useless to you.

Yeah, SINGULAR THEY, PEOPLE.

What do your character in this situation?

KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT

Why would it has no charge? Why wouldn't the spell create the weapon in perfect condition? That's like saying the spell would create a bastard sword with broken condition.

Why are all your 'he' mispelled.

Or are you one of those fucking furries that invents new pronouns because simple harmless articles are triggering your fatass memories of that time you were "almost raped" because someone was in the elevator with you and then left without paying attention to you which is exactly the same right tumblr?

Now now, that's far too extreme

>furry
>tumblr-pronouns
Not the same thing man, even I know that. Furries are all about the he and the she, they need to know if they're fucking or getting fucked.

No, idiot. Tech doesn't come with batteries or charges. When you buy a flashlight you have to put batteries in, don't you? That doesn't make it broken, retard, and neither does having to buy arrows separately from a bow or charges separately from a whip.

Modern Firearm rules allowed.

Gonna get an Aasen Mortar for my Alchemist.
Whats a good method to quick load a full-round action Siege Firearm?

>using a plural as a singular

Singular they is valid grammar and has been for hundreds of years.

It's also something we use in everyday speech.

Depending on the circumstance it's totally valid. In english the "correct" (quotes because grammar and linguistics are weird) for singular and unknown/no gender is either they or he (due to "proper" english grammar being based off of latin grammar which did much the same although almost exclusively using the masculine instead of the neuter).

Assuming he can make the concentration check (which is not that hard), he would Call Lightning down in his own square, vaporizing all of the slugs with only minor electrocution on himself

Siege Mage / Construct Rider

Get two mortars.
Install on Mount.
Get a Tumor Familiar.
Get all the Siege feats.

Point and Shoot Mortar A.
Familiar Reloads Mortar A
Point and Shoot Mortar B
Familiar Reloads Mortar B

Done. You can now fire once every round.
Don't forget to grab Siege Bomb discovery and Vital Strike.

It creates the weapon in perfect condition, sure.
But it doesn't create ammunition; a separate item.

Unfortunately Paizo was very deliberate in the design of 'charges', and explicitly wrote the whole thing as they did so as to fuck people out of being able to use most tech weapons.

This is why the handful of workarounds are popular fortech. Call Weapon (and, had it been melee, 'instant weapon' spell would work there too) functions on Rockets, due to the specific wording of the rocket launcher.

*that said*, a monowhip (all tech is already masterwork but does not have masterwork stat benefits; you can enchant them on the spot though) is 70 000. That's 700 batteries in cost before you start being behind on purely the purchase. Don't put more than 3 charges into it at a time, and at an average of 12 encounters (and that's PFS) per level up, you'd technically be well above level 150 by the time you paid as much as it costs to just buy the damn thing.

>A creature that takes a direct hit from a Rocket cannot attempt a saving throw to reduce the damage taken.
But it's still AoE, SWARM.

They/It can be dehumanizing, since they're usually used for objects!

There are valid arguments for a non-gendered pronoun!

That's incorrect. "they" and "it" aren't the same.

"They" is a neutral term, it's often used for people, and not really dehumanizing.

"It" isn't neutral, it's /neuter/. It's one specific for objects, not people.

The singular they is English's non-gendered pronoun.

Props to whichever user did this.

"It" is dehumanizing. "They" is often used for human subjects and is the accepted standard for a gender-neutral pronoun.

Literally the only controversy surrounding the use of "they" is whether you use "themselves" (as the plural) or "themself" (which makes more sense as a singular, but means that the one word, "they" can be modified two different ways depending on context, which some language purists hate because they're sticks in the mud.)

Just use "they" if you want to use a gender-neutral pronoun. Otherwise just write "he" on one side of a coin, "she" on the other, flip it, and stick to what it says.

Where are the modern firearm rules?

No, "they" is not usually used for objects, you idiot.

Why, hi there

Transgender individual here, so as someone in the LGBT community, I can confirm this. Even the people with a hard on for determining their own pronouns would blanch at a rules description so jarring as to use ze, xe, or any permutation of that.

Just use they, dude.

d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms/modern-firearms

reported uwu

Yeah, no

Thanks heaps, bruh, are there more firearms? Or is that it?

uwu

All the erp discussion was last thread, wait until tomorrow.

Yeah wouldn't a transgender just want to use the one they're trying to switch over to?

I can't imagine not-crystal/tumblrblog/etc wanting to be in "duh struggol" let alone reinforce and advertise it.

That's it. Oh there's the ones (in case they're not there I didn't click the link) in Rasputin must die as well, like the Madsen and the Nagant.

I'd hit it with bonuses from power-attack on every thrust

The next step would be Technological Weapons.

Frankly, the weapon tech in pathfinder is stupid.

It goes from Early Firearms (medieval flair)

Then to Advanced Firearms (wild west)

Then to Modern Firearms (worldwar 2)

Skips to Actual Modern, then proceeds to this Star Wars bullcrap.

I want my Cheytac Ballistic Rifle with smart-targetting. I want my AK-47, the gun that will never misfire. I want my Desert Eagle.

>the gun that will never misfire
You mean Mosin Nagant, you subhuman fuck.

So, if a paladin falls with high charisma and strength. Can I make him into a mediocre/decent mysterious stranger gunslinger? Level 7, by the way.

>I want my AK-47, the gun that will never misfire
>You mean Mosin Nagant, you subhuman fuck.

this is what slavfags actually believe

Do Paizo actually stated anyway that a freshly crafted technological weapon doesn't come out fully charge? Since you don't need battery if you have full internal energy capacity.