False Dendrite Quest 178

My name is Cecile, and I'm sixteen years old. I already thought my life was odd, what with my parents having moved halfway across the country for their new job and leaving me in the care of my older sister... but then my best friend went and had a book shipped to my house that ended up giving me superpowers.

Thanks to said superpowers, I've been dragged into all sorts of horrible situations, the latest of which involved a masked thief who wanted revenge against me for killing a friend of his.

But now that asshole is dead (and it wasn't my fault for once) and I'm finally able to go back home and relax like a somewhat normal person again... albeit one who can shoot lasers and has a girlfriend who can talk to animals.

>Thread archive:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=false dendrite quest

>Branches known thus far:
pastebin.com/9SQy7UhL

>Twitter:
twitter.com/QM_Archelon

>Ask thing:
maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

>Game production blog:
studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

Other urls found in this thread:

maouzenigame.tumblr.com/page/7
maouzenigame.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I lose track of time while Charlotte's tickling attack continues. The only thing that I can think about is how much this sucks and the only thing I can hear is my increasingly painful laughter and the only thing I can see through my glasses that are now smudged with tears is Charlotte's evil smile as she keeps on without any mercy.

But suddenly, her fingers stop and I'm once again able to breathe normally.

"Ummm..."

Out of the range of my glasses, I can make out a tall, blurry figure with green hair. Irene.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt anything," she says, laughing nervously.
"No, we were just about finishing up," Charlotte sighs.

While Charlotte returns to her previously-seated position, I still remain lying on the couch until I finally catch my breath. Upon which time I realize that my clothes are completely disheveled and my bra is in full view and God damn it Irene probably mistook my tickle hell as some sort of weird sex thing.

>swear vengeance on the charlotte
>go bother the irene
>sulk in my own embarrassment

>swear vengeance on the charlotte

>sulk in my own embarrassment

She's already making us dinner, and we did sort of goad her into it by acting silly.

>>swear LEWD vengeance on the charlotte

>>swear vengeance on the charlotte

>swear LEWD vengeance on the charlotte

Seconded.

Also, why hasn't Charlotte used her fun powers on a spider or bat or something else that doesn't need vision to pinpoint prey?

She's already got pretty good hearing and scent. Spider powers might not scale up very well, and bat hearing might be too sensitive.

>Also, why hasn't Charlotte used her fun powers on a spider or bat or something else that doesn't need vision to pinpoint prey?
Pretty much what
said. She's pretty happy with what she has now and echolocation has too steep of a learning curve for her to really have any interest.

>writing

Turtle!
I have reached 11,000% of my maximum HP.

Quickly pulling my shirt down to cover my shame, I sit back upright and glare at the person who put me in that compromising position.

"I'm going to get back at you for that," I say, pointing at her. "I dunno how, but I will."
"Sure you will," Charlotte pokes me on the forehead. "Get back at me for something that you brought upon yourself by acting weird."
"That's just an excuse," I reply. "And you went and scared Irene off too."
"I'm actually still here?"

I turn towards the doorway and sure enough, there she is with her long, damp hair sticking to her body. But I'm not ogling.

>try and save face
>just apologize for exposing her to that
>quickly change the subject
>[OTHER]

>[OTHER]
Start tickling Charlotte.

>[OTHER]
This!
And invite Irene to join in!

Seconding

Sounds like a plan!

>writing

"Oh," I cough. "Okay then."
"Really, I can go to another room if you two are busy..." Irene says as she starts to ease away.
"No, you're fine," I shake my head.

And then I tackle Charlotte, slipping my hands under her arms and letting loose with sweet glorious VENGEANCE.

"Now I have a witness!" I say with my best smile.
"CECILE WHAHAHAHAHAHA CUT IT OUT NOT IN FRONT OFHAHAHAAAAA!!!"

And even though Charlotte could easily throw me off of her, she instead melts into the chair as I unleash upon her the tickling technique that was honed over sixteen years of being a little sister and nearly as long being Mina's best friend. She screams and wails and begs for me to stop, but I show her no quarter.

>[1/?]

> lewding in front of the Irene
CC has no shame.

>[2/2]

"CECILE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASESTOP!!!!" Charlotte chokes out.
"Nope," I reply, grinning from ear to ear as I keep on going. "This is payback."
"SEHAHAHAHAHAHA SERIOUSLY STOHAHAHA IMGONNAPEEEESTOPSTOPSTOPLEASE"
"...oh."

My hands immediately stop and I pull away from Charlotte. I've played this game enough times to know that crying "pee" is no empty threat, and I REALLY don't want to have to explain to my Mom when she gets back from the grocery store why her couch is now soaked in piss.

"Okay, tickling time is over," I say, holding up my hands.
"Y..." Charlotte gasps. "you jerk..."

Once her breathing normalizes, she bolts right past Irene and out of the room. I really cut that one close.

>what do I say to the irene?

Someone died and left a leg in your apartment?
Better have victory sex.

It's not that I'm disagreeing. I, too, know the glories of plunder and loot, and the aroused emotions that come with them.

But most normies are like "A person died? eww can't have sex x{"

Yeah, we're done now. Just had to get her back. So what's up? Talk to Theresa yet?

>"You want some?" [threatening tickling motions]

>what do I say to the irene?
"Bet you can't tickle Theresa as thoroughly as I just tickled Charlotte."

>>what do I say to the irene?
"Umm... hi?"

>>what do I say to the irene?
What does she know about cooking? Has she ever contemplated getting Theresa to cook for her?

>writing

"Sorry about that," I say to Irene, "I had to get her back."

Mental note: continue that the next time we're alone.

"Er, sure," Irene says, avoiding eye contact with me.
"Oh, and just a note- Theresa gets really mad when you try to tickle her so I wouldn't suggest trying what I just did with her."
"Advice taken?" she replies with an even more awkward smile than before.

Yeah, Irene seems thoroughly weirded out by what she just witnessed.

"So anyways..." I crack my knuckles, "...what's up? You talk to Theresa today yet?"
"I haven't, actually," Irene replies. "I've been in the shower since like an hour and a half ago, and all the other 'me's have been busy."
"Oh," I nod.
"Not to mention that I kind of doubt that she's even awake yet," Irene sighs.

>ask her about what happened last night
>ask her about her current plans
>ask her about cooking
>[OTHER]

>>ask her about what happened last night

>ask her about her current plans
wachu up2 senpai?

>>ask her about what happened last night
>>ask her about her current plans

>ask her about what happened last night

More details would be good

>writing

Why is Japanese Goburin in ashenvale forest?

"I was actually thinking about going over to her house later today and seeing how she's doing in person," Irene says. "But I'm not sure how well that would go over, considering what happened the last time I saw her."
"Eeeeeh..." I grimace. "...I'm sure that she'd be thrilled just to see that you're actually in one piece," I say. "Hearing you say that you're okay over the phone isn't quite the same as seeing it in person, you know?"
"I guess not."

And speaking of the last time we saw her...

"But, uh... if you don't mind me prying, what exactly happened back there?" I ask. "With Faceless, I mean."

Right after I say that, Irene's expression gets downright gloomy.

"Sorry, I totally understand if you don't want to talk about it."
"No," Irene shakes her head, "it's fine. I can't really blame you for being curious."

>[1/?]

After taking a seat on the couch opposite the side that Charlotte just was, Irene leans forward and heaves a long, tired sigh. As she does this, her long, untied hair falls forward and the lingering water from the shower she took trickles down and my father was totally right about my wandering eyes.

Bad Cecile. Quit ogling your friends.

"As you saw, I had him dead to rights," Irene says in a hushed tone. "I have -plenty- of grappling experience, not to mention my enhanced strength."
"Yeah," I nod. "He was panicking really bad there."
"So he threw off my balance and tried to make us fall through the floor, but that which is never alone tried to pull us back up..."

The sound of Irene slapping her thigh REALLY FREAKING HARD echoes throughout the room.

>[2/?]

That which is never alone calls itself "Shary". :)

post the next part pls

>[3/3]

"Next thing I know, I can't feel my leg anymore," Irene says. "And my lungs were on fire."
"Christ," I wince.
"And to top it all off, 'up' suddenly became 'down' so I landed pretty hard on my head, too."
"...what?"

I stare at her.

"Difference in orientation, I guess," Irene shrugs. "Like digging a hole to China but way worse."
"I'm still not sure what you're talking about, but okay?" I reply.
"So anyways," she sighs, "I've got a pretty bad head injury and my leg's been severed so I'm losing an insane amount of blood and Faceless broke out of my grasp and I can't breathe AT ALL..." she winces. "...and that's when I realized what happened."
"Huh?"
"That idiot Vine lost control of his ability and dragged us down to Hell itself."

>how do I respond?

"That's like a metaphor right? You mean you just phased into the bedrock or something."

>how do I respond?
"What? That’s a place you can just go to? I thought you went into space or something… Was there fire?"

>how do I respond?
Dude, hell exists?

Also if Faceless broke your grasp how are you sure he ded?

>>how do I respond?
You mean, he had a secret volcano base or something?

>writing

>>how do I respond?
>He went all the way to Texas?

Wait, Hell exists?

"Th... that's like a metaphor, right?" I ask. "Like you phased into the bedrock or something?"
"No," Irene shakes her head. "We were both on solid ground, not inside it. And I saw the lake of fire, and what -felt- like sunlight overhead, and the air reeked of brimstone..." she shudders. "I could withstand it for a time, but Faceless immediately went into convulsions and tore off his mask in hopes of being able to breathe."
"I remember you said he died of suffocation," I mumble.
"Yes," she nods. "First was the screaming, and then his skin began to blister... and also his clothing began to catch fire thanks to the searing heat. By the time his eyes began to boil over, he'd stopped moving so I'm going to assume that the lack of breathable air is what killed him."

>how do I respond?

>>how do I respond?
Well, sounds like he's dead, as in dead.

And YOU had to go through that too? Good lord.

Well, that's...different

Metal.

But what if you left one of your teeth in hell, and now hell are raising an army of Irenes?

Sounds like he teleported near a volcano.

That still sounds like Texas.

>writing

Venus, maybe?
Anyways that's pretty horrifying

>Bitch trippin balls!

Hugs?

She'd immediately notice the massive air pressure were they on Venus.

"...and YOU had to go through all that too?" I ask, staring at her wide-eyed.
"I lasted a little bit longer since I'm made of tougher stuff than most," Irene replies, "but yes. Even with my leg wound cauterized... or sealed over by whatever was in the air, my eyes also started to blister up and my lungs collapsed and I got to die that exact same miserable death."
"Christ."
"I don't know if it's the -worst- way I've died, but it's easily in the top five."
"I, uh... I can definitely see that."

And just picturing it in my head is freaking me right the hell out.

>[1/?]

And that's why Irene should carry cyanide pills on her.

That is a brutal way to die.

But very quick.

>[2/2]

"It's not often that the suffering in one body is felt amongst the others, but that was definitely one such instance," Irene sighs.
"I'm so sorry..." I mumble.
"Hey, it all turned out mostly alright," she replies, patting my shoulder. "At least I had the foresight to plant a tooth here and actually leave my wallet and money and phone in the house this time around!"

Seeing her smile at me like that is almost as unsettling as the horrific story she just told me. Almost.

"While I do wish that I could have arrested that which knows no boundaries instead, it sealed its own fate," Irene says. "My real regret is that you and Theresa were apparently left with our severed legs."

>yell at the irene
>apologize to the irene
>tell the irene that it's no big deal
>[OTHER]

>>apologize to the irene

>tell the irene that it's no big deal

This is probably one of our better victories thus far

>yell at the irene
You fucking died in Hell and you're more worried about leg clean up? Irene for the love of everything stop being so down on yourself
>apologize to the irene
For yelling and that she had to go through that.

>>apologize to the irene

>apologize to the irene
Also hug. Cue Charlotte coming back.

>stop being so down on yourself
Criticizing her is the opposite way to accomplish this/

>writing

I want to yell at her. I want to scream at her for being so stupid and being less concerned about her leg getting CUT THE HELL OFF than she was about the mess that it made and for hating herself so freaking much. But doing something like that is more likely to make things worse, knowing her. Like she'd start hating herself even more for making me worried about her since she clearly doesn't think that she deserves it.

So instead, I just give her a great big hug that completely catches her by surprise.

"C- Cecile!?" Irene squeaks. "Not that I don't like hugs, but I don't think that Charlotte would appr-"
"I'm sorry," I say, pulling her into an even tighter hold. "you had to go through all that just because I got you involved in my crap."

She goes quiet for a few seconds.

>[1/?]

>[2/2]

"You..." Irene takes a deep breath. "You don't have anything to apologize for, Cecile. I'm the one who volunteered myself for what I knew was the most dangerous position, and that Vine is the one who caused our deaths in the first place. You're completely without fault."
"Still, though..." I mumble.
"I do appreciate the hug, though," Irene replies, hugging me back. "And giving me a nice place to stay, and finding me an adorable girlfriend, and just for being a great friend in general. It means a lot."
"Heh."
"And now please let go of me before Charlotte comes back and kills me all over again."
"Er, yeah. Sure."

And as if on cue, Charlotte returns to the living room where the two of us are practically the instant I let go of Irene. And she doesn't look all that thrilled with me.

"Umm, hi?" I wave to her, playing innocent.
"You're lucky that I was able to hold it," Charlotte grumbles as she stomps back to the couch and falls back next to me. "I would have died of embarrassment."

Oh yeah. That.

>what shall we do now?

Ask Charlotte about any previous cooking experience. Need to know how detailed instructions need to be.

>>what shall we do now?
Is mom back yet? There's some food needing to be done.

More tickling.

>writing

"Can't believe you actually did that..." Charlotte grumbles while nestling up closer to me. "Sometimes you take things TOO far."
"Sorry," I shrug.

While continuing to complain and pout and carry on like she's pissed at me, Charlotte takes hold of my arm and starts hugging it so tightly that it's now pushing all up against her boobs. I am so incredibly confused right now. Not to mention that Irene's here to see all this...

...oh. That's it. She's staking her claim on me because she's a freaking CAT.

"You know..." I sigh.
"What?" Charlotte glares at me.
"Nothing."

Nope, no point in bringing attention to it.

"About dinner," I say, "just how much cooking experience -do- you have?"
"...a little," Charlotte mumbles. "I used to cook for myself sometimes back when I was living in the woods."
"Oh, really?" my eyes widen.
"It's nothing interesting," she shakes her head. "Just some simple campfire roasting to keep from getting parasites from raw meat."
"Hm," I nod.
"I have at least -some- confidence that I won't burn everything," she blurts out. "So quit acting like I'm some incompetent."

She's so cute when she's all insecure like this.

"I never said anything of the sort," I reply, sticking out my tongue at the girl who's literally clinging to me. "And my Mom'll be coaching you, too."
"Eh?" Irene peeks over my shoulder to look at Charlotte. "You're cooking something?"

>how do I respond?

>>how do I respond?
There will be chicken pot pie, and everyone's invited!

>how do I respond?
She is. It’s going to be great.

I'd love to just force this through, but instead we keep going on and on... but this thread was a fun one so I thank you all for that.

The next one will be Friday night.

and now questions.

It was fun indeed. Thank you for the thread.

I know this will probably bring your mood down again, but even after going through your tumblr and and having read your end-of-thread answers from pretty much all threads, I still haven’t seen an actual argument for why you absolutely won’t ever use qst.

Please just point me to where you have written your argument, or just state it again.

The closest I got so far is that you dislike "the whole thing", dislike the mod in particular, but that just isn’t concrete enough for me to understand.

More chapters right?

Have you planned any more song of unison threads?

Quests need readers, and with the overlap with a board that is actually used they get readers.

The popular quests on /qst/ are only that way due to a preexisting fanbase.

Also muh user culture.

Arch has close to 300 followers (translating to a dozen or so posters). I don’t think he really has been gaining any new readers anyway, so for FD the switch would make little difference.

Also, that is opposed to "no readers" if he doesn’t run any more. I just want more Archelon quests. Sorry.

>More chapters right?
It's not looking like it, sorry.

>Have you planned any more song of unison threads?
Assuming things stay as they are, I'll at least attempt to run as many as I can.

>Please just point me to where you have written your argument, or just state it again.
maouzenigame.tumblr.com/page/7

And now I sleep. Thanks for playing!

For further questioning:
maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

Game production blog:

Got it. I had hoped there was something more to it.