Legal help

Really hoping of you fucks is a lawyer or at least handles with the law and public.

So i got pulled over for a broken headlight. The cop comes up to the passenger side vehicle where my roomate was sittting. I had a BB gun on the passenger side floorboard that i had forgot about. Cop pulls out his gun and demands we put our hands up. Asks why is there a gun in the passenger side floorboard in the backseat. I tell him it's just a BB gun. In the police report he acknowledges he smelled cannabis and saw the BB gun. They search my car and get me with drug paraphernalia, (a grinder) and 2 grams of weed. The grinder was in the center console and the weed was under my roomates seat. They pat us down, question us. They let my roomate go and arrest me. Tell the cops after miranda the weed and grinder were not mine. They let me go with a notice to appear to court.

I spoke to a lawyer and he said the BB gun didn't give the officer probable cause to search my vehicle. Even if it was real it still doesn't give him the right. I can't afford $5,000 for a lawyer, nor is this my first offense. I caught a domestic battery and a false imprisonment charge.... on my older brother. I hadn't signed my diversion papers for that offense yet and was told by my public defender that she'll leave a note or something to get me diversion for the new drug charge.

The other day i went to the court appearance and my name was not called for diversion. The prosecutor stated it did not mean that a diversion sentence could not be issued but they need to look over it.

I try not to worry but this kills me knowing if I don't get diversion again i will have to take this to trial and if that state rules against me then it's a year in jail.

Im 18 yo, i got a 5.2 GPA in high school and have 42 credit hours towards my AA degree. I wrecked my car driving to the last court appearance.

Idk if this helps either but my roomate went to jail already for DUI. Also neither of us admitted possession of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/opinions/our-public-defender-system-isnt-just-broken--its-unconstitutional/2015/09/03/aadf2b6c-519b-11e5-9812-92d5948a40f8_story.html?utm_term=.1f175df41931
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thanks, just bought 100k

ok.

c'mon

That's the spirit.

>driving around with weed, a grinder, and a bb gun in the vehicle
>"I caught a domestic battery and a false imprisonment charge.... on my older brother."
>"I wrecked my car driving to the last court appearance."
>"my roomate went to jail already for DUI."

>All of this before you're even 21

You sound like a massive fuck up my dude, good luck with life

How about you actually obey the law and not do nigger-tier drugs

> “forgot” about B.B. gun
> hidden weed, lied to cops
> past criminal history

You sound pretty wreckless so I don’t have any sympathy, guys like you are fucking obnoxious.

Just don’t do dumb shit.

dude, buy some link. when you get out youll be rich as fucking balls.

Just stop being a pothead retard failure and you won't have any problems

OP, you're a certified piece of piece of shit. How about you get your life together and stop acting like a child?

You're 21 and your life is already circling the drain. Stop drinking and smoking pot. Get hobbies. Be productive.

lol. the roommate one's not his fault though

>I wrecked my car driving to the last court appearance.

lol what

im 18. and ok.

yes some redneck liteally cut into the fast lane going 20 in a 55. cant make this shit up

That's what you get for smoking weed fucking hippie trash. Enjoy the raised estrogen levels faggot.
>>>/soy/

>driving around while possessing weed while knowing you have a busted light
>driving around drug paraphernalia clearly visible
>having a BB gun in the car
>beating the shit out of your brother and not letting him leave
>driving recklessly to a court appearance
>probably gonna go to jail for at least a year
>all of this and just 18 years old
Jesus Christ, where the fuck are your parents?

sounds like you love blaming other people for your problems

I'm gonna bet you were driving at least 60mph.

im at home now but i lasted a good 4 months without them
only when its not my fault.

Kids, that why you avoid driving around with drug paraphernalia and bb guns.

>im at home now but i lasted a good 4 months without them
Sure you did, if one forgets about beating the shit out of your brother, falsely imprisoning hum and then driving around with weed and weed paraphernalia, BB guns and probably other garbage in a car that violates traffic rules. Good fucking going my man. Do you lack self-awareness, common sense or both?

>Also neither of us admitted possession of it.

this doesn't matter from a legal perspective

>4 months without them
>beating the shit out of your brother
>driving recklessly
>BB gun in the car

My sweet summer child

hes still a child thats all

Take the loan for a lawyer. AVOID A FELONY AT ALL COSTS. I repeat. AVOID. A. FELONY. At least in America. You WILL fuck up the rest of your life, and the lost opportunity costs will FAR outweigh the $5k over the rest of your life. Unless you already have a felony....then good luck.

no felony charge here. i think ill get a $1,000 fine and a misdemeanor charge. which leaves me 1 option. become a firefighter.

Pay for the lawyer, you don't have a choice. After all of this is done and the lawyer gets you off the hook, reevaluate life and stop being a literal nigger.

>Officer spotting what looks like a real weapon doesn't give him probable cause

lmao. 18 year olds everyone.

>battery charge
>dude weed lmao
>wrecked car driving
>leaving broken headlight unattended
>having a bb gun in the car at all
>shitty roommates

Re-evaluate your life decisions man.

Stop spending money on weed you could be using on crypto.

Since he "smelled cannabis" it gives him probable cause. It's a cheap excuse to search anyone but since you actually had some he probably did smell it.

>become a firefighter

You know they do background checks right? Drug charges are an immediate rejection.

t. Enrollment Advisor

Congrats on this. Seriously.

Not one single time in your entire fucking story did you ask a question of us. There's not even a question mark in your post. Wtf OP? What are you looking for here? Did you just want to tell us a cool story?

This is actually pretty normal business for real men in their younger years.

>and a false imprisonment charge.... on my older brother.
This is gold. I'm going out on a limb and saying your fucked.

>driving around with weed, a grinder, and a bb gun in the vehicle
>"I caught a domestic battery and a false imprisonment charge.... on my older brother."
>"I wrecked my car driving to the last court appearance."
>"become a firefighter"

Lmao, good luck getting on anywhere other than a volunteer service.
As someone that gone through the process is several major cities, you have to explain so much as every minor speeding ticket you've ever had.

>got a 5.2 GPA and 42 credit hours etc. etc.
Don't smoke weed.
>It's 2017 weed isn't even bad what's your problem?
Don't smoke weed. You want to avoid this kind of shit? Don't smoke weed.

i sold an ounce of weed to an undercover cop and it was felony amount and then told the police there was weed in my house so they searched that and i copped a felony and a misdemeanor when i was 16, first offense

got expelled last month of junior year of hs cause it was in the same county as my school (was 100 yd from the county line)
had probation for one year

now im smoking every day again and learned my lesson

why are you retarded?

best tip i can give you is if you break the law dont break 2 laws at the same time, or at least two major laws
>broken headlight
>weed

they probably wont give you the paraphenelia charge so you have to deal with a posession charge and cant strike a deal to end up just w a paraphenelia charge

honestly your life isnt over, i know it feels like it now but youll actually forget about it

be as remorseful as possible when speaking to PO's, intake officers, basically fucking anyone with any connection to the system, use evidence of respectfulness and argue that you have fallen from your path of diligence as a student due to (insert bullshit here)

bullshit being anything like parental issues, drug addiction or depression which you were self-medicating

honestly judges eat up fucking anything cause niggers will go in there and be charged with murder at the same age as you and the nigger will hollar like a fucking monkey and call the judge a shithead even when being nice to them is literally your best weapon

and yeah get a lawyer even if you have no money, take a loan
your lawyer might be retarded or trying to get you to believe he can make the charges disappear, there's no WAY that cop didn't have probable cause to search...

public defender will let you down every chance they get

you sound like a dangerous psychopath but i think there's good in everyone

You know that's a pretty good fucking point. I've done way worse shit than this, have just never been caught. Here's a quick summary:

>Have bought numerous different kinds of drugs
>Have grown and sold magic mushrooms
>Have sold weed
>Have shoplifted numerous times
>Have broken in to a small business's computer system just to fuck with them (password was written on a piece of paper I'm not a hacker)
>Have committed fraud over $500
>Have driven 180+km in an 80 km zone just fuckin' because many times (I was a fucking idiot a few years ago)
>Have gone car hopping several times

Looking back at all that..., jesus. Is this normal behavior or am I a but fucked up?

they can take you with a misdemeanor.
Do i have a case? an attorney said i did but i dont wanna hand over big moniez

I don't know. Do I look like a fucking lawyer?

Have also abused my position of authority at my job to embezzle money. And stolen from friends. And stolen shit from work. And also abused my position of authority at work to sleep with a coworker. And also abused my position of authority as a student leader in uni to sleep with a freshman. And also have stolen property from random people's houses.

Am I a bad person?

what is an attorney gonna do that a public defender won't? the only attorney i talked to said he didn't have probable cause and you're saying he obviously had probable cause. I mean idk. I really wanna believe he didnt have probable cause but i mean if it were me in the cops shoes..... eh.

I sound like a psychopath but i feel like this all happened for a reason. Maybe to get me out of the hell hole that is Tallahassee?
wtf lol never lucky rubber ducky

You're either LARPing or an actual piece of shit. Either way, some serious introspection about your life choices is required.

a public defender wont build a case for you and wont have any leverage when going in to make a deal w the prosecutor
washingtonpost.com/opinions/our-public-defender-system-isnt-just-broken--its-unconstitutional/2015/09/03/aadf2b6c-519b-11e5-9812-92d5948a40f8_story.html?utm_term=.1f175df41931

i felt like it all happened for a reason and im happier now than before to be honest

I... guess I'm a piece of shit. What do I do now?

I do nice stuff sometimes too, like give money to the homeless and help people while expecting nothing in return. Does that kind of balance out the bad stuff?

A misdemeanor drug charge still locks you out of receiving any financial aid.

Enjoy those bank loans boyo

nice blog post

Like people still seem to like me and everything. I guess it's mostly because they don't know all the shit I do.

Not true, that only applies to distribution. I had a felony distribution charge and even still I'm receiving financial aid cause the charges were dismissed or dropped or whatever after my probationary period.

Kek.
>op deserves this for being a degenerate even if the story is true.
>hint, it’s not.
>niggers gonna big! 5.2 GPA.
Keked again.

Yep, fuck this guy. Degenerate. Bullshit about the gpa and aa crap. Probably a low life looking for free legal advice.

You are a redneck!!! That 20 yo cutting you up is YOU in two years time you fucking degenerate. No more drugs, get new friends, no more drinking, get a productive hobby, and get a fucking full time job working with your hands for a year before you do anything else so you learn some life lessons! Otherwise collage will teach you more bad habits and you are already a fucking loser.
Say sorry to the judge and explain, show you understand what a degenerate you were. Tell them you have got rid of your friends, started working out, you don’t do drugs and they can test you if they want, you have a job, you’re a good boy now!
Do that and they will tell you to fuck off. Unless that hit about fighting with your brother was bs and you beat up a girl you will be golden. If you beat up a girl then don’t drop the soap faggot.
T. Qc

OP
Do not listen to this guy. He is a degenerate and heading nowhere fast in life.

>mushroom farming
you fucking monster

Wow, the luck on you wrecking your car driving to your previous court appearance.

It's crazy how even a simple fist fight could be considered a felony here. A lapse in judgement or not taking someone's crap can get your gun rights and chances of a well paying not back breaking job taken away.

>charges dismissed or dropped

Wow it's almost like there isn't a charge on your record then

If you get a drug conviction while on financial aid that shit gets suspended immediately