Been wanting to play d&d since high school

>been wanting to play d&d since high school
>have no friends all throughout high school and a few years after
>finally make a friend in art class who wants to play
>still need 3 more to get a game started
I guess I'll finally get to play in 2046.

Join Roll20.net and play online like all the other friendless fa/tg/uys.

Literally google "pen and paper [city]" And go find a local club or something,

But I wanna play with friends not strangers

You NEED just one more for it to not be awkward
Two more for optimum
Large parties are cancer and mess

Strangers become friends.
Or rapists. either/or.

How do you think you meet friends? I responded to an ad at my college for an extra player.
Now I've lived with the gm for about 3 years and been friends for about 6 years

Well I don't really know you as a person, but going by the timeline you've presented so far the one friend you have found will possibly be dead from old age by then. You might have to actually recruit people you don't really know that have a potential interest

In the meantime, user..

I met my group by responding to a flier. they were all pretty chill and the that guy was cut out one session in and promptly kicked.

>Suggesting Roll20 unironically
>Not warning OP he will only find people who ruin the game

okay wait, does your new friend not have other friends or something? can't go look around your college or surrounding area for a gaming group?

It's not exactly a standard game, but you can play one-on-one, at least if you have a good dynamic with the other person involved. Some of my best campaigns have been one-on-one affairs.

>Not warning OP he will only find people who ruin the game
So then pretty much the same as playing in person?

at least in person you can tell who's gonna ruin your game before you play with them. also I realize this is Veeky Forums which means social skills are generally in want, but
1) you can usually scope out severe versions of That Guy pretty easily
2) the problem players who you do end up playing with will help you tell who will ruin your game the next time you go looking for a group
now this does mean you narrow your choices when looking for an RPG party, but being selective means I've had basically only good play experiences for a long while.

Frankly i did find a group that was absolutely awesome and we played for years no problem. im still friends with a couple and some wont talk to me anymore but eh it happens i guess.

I also found a new group on roll20 although i did find 1 who's fucking cancer and always wants to play the same fucking class (warlock) with the same fucking name (azreal) and if i dont let him play his BS homebrew class then he will just multiclass like a fucking asshole.

Look here, friend:

obsidianportal.com
infrno.net
penandpapergames.com
rpol.net
invisiblecastle.com
rpggamefind.com
meetup.com
www.rpggateway.com
roll20.net

>>finally make a friend in art class who wants to play
>But I wanna play with friends not strangers
You can not try to persuade your other friends to give it a go? Shouldn't be too hard?

What edition of D&D are you wanting to play?

Dumb frogposter.

Where abouts are you located, OP?

I don't have any other friends.

Florida.

rude

I got two groups by asking two people to play. They each found three more. I guess I got lucky.

>I got two groups by asking two people to play. They each found three more. I guess I got lucky.
Sounds good.

What edition of D&D are you looking to play? Are you the GM?

I have been GMing D&D 5e for about a year now. Everyone except for me is completely new to tabletop, and so far I've found it to be a great system for new players.

Sadly, one group only meets every 6-8 weeks, and of course it's the more fun group to play with.

The other group can meet pretty much every weekend, which is nice.

>I have been GMing D&D 5e for about a year now. Everyone except for me is completely new to tabletop, and so far I've found it to be a great system for new players.
What type of games are you typically GMing? Narrative driven ones? Crawlers? etc?

With the group that meets more frequently, I ran the starter set to ease them into things and get a feel for the how the players want things to go. I will be starting a new campaign with them next week, not exactly sure what it will be yet, but a good mix of narrative and combat, I think.

Some of the players are surprisingly good at RP, which is great, but the others get bored if they haven't smashed any monsters in a while.

With the other group I'm running an Isle of Dread style hex crawl, with the BBEG slowly but surely making his presence known.

Sounds awesome. So, what about 2046?!
Heh, I am just happy for you, good luck.

That's not me. I'm still sad and lonely.

By 2046 I might be done with the hex crawl based on how often we can get together

I wish you the best of luck my friend. It can be intimidating to put yourself out there and try to find a group, but it's possible, and you'll be glad you did it.

>sad frog meme
>image.jpg

I'm a frog poster AND a mobile poster. What are you gonna do about it?