/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Shitty Memes Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus except Therana please.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Redoran_Cooking_Secrets
esoacademy.com/provisioning-recipes/
gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/06/02/elon-musk-discusses-possibility-of-life-existing-as-a-simulation.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just a heads up, we're not really gonna have a shitty memes edition. You can post some, but not too much.

Also, for some reason I couldn't find the last thread, only 2nd to last.

Nevermind, I found it.

/tgesg/ version

Post best out-of-game lore.

What race makes the best booze? Which makes the best food in general?

Actually, tertiary question. Is there curry or anything spicy like that in Tamriel? Cyrodil, Skyrim, and Highrock all seem pretty standard western food. Morrowind I'm really not sure of the cuisine. I imagine Orc food is largely pretty barebones.

Morrowind cuisine will involve a lot of carbohydrates, like Ash Yams, mostly shellfish sort of meat or very tough meat from things like Guar and obviously a lot of spices.
So yes, expect very indian food but with a lot of shellfish meat because I expect they prefer it to tougher meat of larger animals...of course unless they also have some special preparation methods like boiling that meat for hours or some furnace pits and stuff.

Guys, do you think it's possible to manipulate firnament to change location of "stars" or Serpent?
I mean Dawn Magic can make moons disappear, veil has been changed twice once by Alessia and recently by Martin and shit like Numidium exists that can warp everything.
So imagine someone finding a way to change firnament to create a constalation that doesn't exist for some ritual or to make himself more powerful through pure creatia or something.

More importantly, what do you think is nature of firnament and Mundus as a bubbled up plane in general?
Is it a bubble of Oblivion like other planes of Oblivion but with Creatia flowing into it and Akatosh sort of "strecthed" in and around it creating veil and time?

It probably is, but this is world-scale magicks on the level of Middle Dawn.

>elder scrolls food discussion

I love this kinda stuff, even the small bits of information we get, like rat meat being common in stews, with lots of spices to make it taste less crappy.

What spices do we know of?

Salt
Moon Sugar
That's about it.

Basil
Ginger
Garlic
Elves Ear
Frost Mirriam

can't believe I forgot those spices Skyrim added, probably has to do with the fact that they weren't actually used in any cooking recipes

It's strange that there is little to no info on spices used in Morrowind.
Redoran Cooking Secrets book mentions Bittergreen and Ash Salts used as such though:
uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Redoran_Cooking_Secrets

ESO food is boring

ESO _____ is boring

I haven't actually played it, they removed all fantasy cuisine didn't they?

I'm recreating Mournhold in Minecraft

It's gonna be based off Tribunal's Mournhold, but with some artistic license applied. What would you like to see changed?

Currently I'm planning to make the Great Bazaar busier (atleast a dozen market stands instead of 2) and turn the plaza Brindisi Dorom into a lower class residential district.

Hit me up with your suggestions. What does Mournhold look like in your mind?

Thirr river is all wrong.

It only appears in Tamriel Rebuilt and not in any games or official maps, how am I supposed to know what it looks like?

Oh fucking really?

I see. I'll have to talk with the admins about this.

I don't do terrain work anyway, I'm doing Mournhold like I said. Got any ideas for that?

I made a complete map btw

Did you kill Foryn Gilnith?

Yes and no. It's obvious he was in the wrong though.

Yes.

I don't even care if the Census & Excise office is really corrupt, I just want to use his shack as an early game home.

>best booze
Probably the Imperials, I wouldn't be surprised if they have ancient ayleid wines and 500 year old brandy.

>best food
If you want fanciful food that's going to be overpriced, Highrock.
Sweets are from Elsweyr.
The spiciest foods are probably from Morrowind.
Southern Cyrodiil leading into Black Marsh would be a good place to grow a lot of fruits to add to Imperial dishes.

Cyrodil has alcohol with no negative effects, so probably them.

Highrock for the main course, Elsweyr for dessert.

There's some you'll have problem recreating in the real world, such as Sweetmilk; a beer made out of glitter rock and amber malt.

Senchal Curry Fish and Rice
Mammoth Snout Pie
Solstheim Elk and Scuttle
Curried Kwama Scrib Risotto
Grilled Timber Mammoth Kebabs
Kwama Egg Quiche
Grape Glazed Bantam Guar
Minotaur Slumgullion
Ashlander Nix-Hound Chili
Corinthean Roast Kagouti
Narsis Bantam Guar Hash
Necrom Beetle-Cheese Poutine
Ashhopper Dumplings on Scathecraw
Kwama Egg Omelet
Breton Bubble-and-Squeak
Falinesti Forbidden Fruit
Ashlander Ochre Mash
Khajiiti Apple Spanakopita
Summerset Rainbow Pie
Vvardenfell Cliff Racer Ragout
Direnni Hundred-Year Rabbit Bisque

Most of the strange foods seem to be higher level.

>Risotto
>Kebabs
>Quiche
>Poutine

cmon now

>>Risotto
As opposed to creamed rice.
>>Kebabs
As opposed to _____ on a stick
>>Quiche
As opposed to pastry
>>Poutine
well, you have me there.

ESO also has borscht which is pretty stupid

Decided to look through the drinks as well
>Numidium Brandy

>Numidium Brandy
Wat.

The constellations are images brought over from a pre-existing world. They are aspects of the very idea of creation, in which Nirn was fashioned from.
It is very unlikely that they can be manipulated.

It's painful when these threads aren't up and I have to resort to the official forum.

One day it's someone insisting that there's a canonized male Nerevarine, the next it's "I don't like the esoteric lore, it's so weird!" then directly after "Why are Nords so boring?" in the same thread.

During the Middle Dawn, "eight (?) stars fell from the sky," or something like that.

The Magne Ge come down during dragon breaks.

You mean the bethesda forums? Those are pretty crappy, yeah.

>Fyr's Hyperagonal Potation

>Sload Slime
>Dreugh Spit
Who would want to order these at a bar.
>Yes, I'll have the Sload Slime
>>Y...you what?

esoacademy.com/provisioning-recipes/

Unfortunately, yes.

Yah, and during the Middle Dawn Cyrodiil became an egg and the world spread to be part of the stars.

Maybe they're just creative cocktails.

Yeah, I figure that's what they would be, but I imagine an Imperial on a business trip in Morrowind sitting at a bar, staring at the barmaid as she asks if he would like to try the Sload Slime.

>Numidium brandy
and people still don't believe me that ESO has terrible lore.

Sload Slime and Dreugh Spit are both drinks, not ingredients, probably could've formatted that better.

They're both simple tonics with sea-weed in em so they probably got the names from sailors thinking they taste like shit.

In other news, Elon Musk has achieved CHIM.

gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/06/02/elon-musk-discusses-possibility-of-life-existing-as-a-simulation.aspx

I actually like eso but this fucking killed me.

He gives me the ring which was all I really cared about anyways, no reason to spill more blood.
But he should be dead. I just hate removing characters from the world. It's the biggest reason I hate Oblivion schedules and the dark brotherhood quests in 4 and 5.

Other than the "choice is yours" argument with the nerevar body being mutilated, is there any evidence the nerevarine is female?

>I just hate removing characters from the world.
Thought I was the only one who's severely autistic about this. I can never get myself to kill named NPCs in towns.

Don't you dare talk like that about The Census and Excise Office...

Note the 'if', I don't know if they are corrupt or not.

Or what, you'll tax me more?

You can make a female character in Morrowind.

fucking SJWs ruining our games

>12 june Bethesda Press Conference at E3

fingers crossed

>Morrowind: female reincarnation of a male hero
>Skyrim: maxweight lesbian female dragonkin
Morrowind was the start of the decline of The Elder Scrolls.

I liked how the weight slider in Skyrim allowed you to change muscle mass only. No fatties allowed.

>having faith in Bethesda
>2011+5

There's a cool bean here and there. I don't play, but I do dig through Imperial Library articles looking for building blocks for me UESRPG games.

>Blizzard-quality cinematic opening shot of an old elf leading some people over mountains, alien terrain and flora in the distance
>Cut to gameplay footage of fightan and blastan
>Back to cinematic of cities slowly growing, something like the Civ5 intro
>Gameplay again, now of building those cities up oneself, using the workshop/settlement system of Fo4
>Back to cinematic wide shot of a very large, console-melting city
>Shot pulls back through the clouds to show the entire landmass of Morrowind, continental and island both
>The Elder Scrolls numbered, spinoff, Adventures, who cares: Resdayn

Experimentation with building and crafting materials to produce different styles could be fun, given the House structure wouldn't exist yet. The autist in all of us could assign House identities by region occupied and give them mostly-lore-correct buildings, or not, and RP-lite what might happen if, say, the pre-Redoran settled in the east, or what have you.

MUH MUATRA

thanks, I got a whole 2 (you)s

>brandy is typically an aged wine
>its named after numidium
I don't understand what this means for the brandy. Maybe some dipshit saw some writings mentioning numidium and thought it sounded cool.

Made the time with alma all the more interesting, if you ask me.
Can't beat if you're not rich. That's how it used to be, only people who could afford a shit ton of food got fat. Except for people with thyroid problems, but even then a lack of consistent food probably limited the fattening.

>revisiting a main-game setting
>4E 406
I award you no points, and may the reclamations have mercy on your soul.

How do you feel about TES6 potentially being set in Hammerfall?

We have the MMORPG spinoff nobody in particular wanted, and a upcoming card game that no one asked for. Yet I bet we're never going to see another "Elder Scrolls Adventures" game, or a "Elder Scrolls Legend".

HammerfEll
fuck off, it's early

I don't get it.

I had to correct myself before nitpickers descend in clouds worse than Cliffracers

>adventurers find ancient dwemer text in old ruins
>not far from it they find a bottle of gold liqueur
>the text details the Numidium
>they think it refers to the brandy
>dwemer engineers were just alcoholics
Muhlore

Not that guy, but why not?

We haven't seen the mainland, and Vvardenfell would be very different without the empire, house hlaalu, and with the oblivion crisis and red year fucking shit up.

nah, ESO devs just throw in a 'CHIM' and 'Numidium' here and there to satisfy /r/teslore

I'm going to guess it either tastes or looks like brass

Or you guys can try not being /v/-tier haters and accept that words sound cool and characters dont have to know what a numidium is to use it for a drink name
oubt anyone knows what the white tower is in skyrim, but they named a drink after it too

They could've named it "Centurion Brandy" or something that makes them not look like try hard fan fiction writers.

>And where does he live? In the Imperial Palace, in the center of the Imperial City, in the White Gold Tower which was built many ages ago by the godless, Daedra-loving Ayleids.

From guide to the Imperial City in Oblivion

It's almost guaranteed that the game would end up being disappointing. Even if it was well done, the expectations for Morrowind v2.0 would be unrealistically high.

Add to that the issue of there just not being that much interesting shit going on there after the events with the Nerevarine.

I think of all the settings, Black Marsh or Valenwood are the most interesting right now. Summerset Isles could also be cool, but unlikely to happen as it would be quite difficult to explain not-Elves in Nazi Elf Land. Unless they decide to do another huge time-skip, but fuck that.

>Blackwood Borderlands

Where were you when Cyrodiil jungled?

hate ESO all you want, but it does shit like this.

Bless St.Jiub. While we were off doing worthless shit like killing the dead-yet-dreaming god, he was tackling the real issue.

Misread that last part, my bad, but it's called the White Gold Tower in Shezzar and the Divines, and Before the Ages of Man, which also appear in Skyrim. Anyone taught the history of the empire would know it as the White Gold Tower presumably.

I'd guess it's just a marketing ploy. We're talking about a game where you can find a guy who bound his friends ghost in a museum, making him pretend he's an ancient warlord.

I'm not hating, I'm even playing right now, but how often does the word "Numidium" get thrown around that someone would name a beverage after it?

Saying "Numidium" in public should get you abducted by the Blades, some Marukhati Temple Zero types, or a Tharnatos cult.

Or all three at once

>The Elder Scrolls Adventures: I Said Numidium

>Generic 'you are the chosen one' adventure like Skyrim but with an added twist of being chased down constantly

I'd play it

By the third abduction, you're just annoyed.

>We have the MMORPG spinoff nobody in particular wanted
I don't think this is the case, unfortunately. A few years ago I remember talking to a number of mouthbreathers in my university's shitty nerd club who were gushing about the possibility of an elder scrolls MMO. Like most franchises, the fanbase (and therefore the target audience for future iterations) is just shit.

I say it's one of the more likely choices, and probably my second favorite idea after ES6: Dominion covering Summerset, valenwood, and Elsweyr.

Would development of TES VI have started already?