fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Crash
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>It's the editionless shitposter again.
No.

Dammit, at least it has the .pdf

>No edition
>Go fuck yourself

Progress report!

>Fairy Tail update almost done - but there wasn't much that needed to be done.

>An announcement concerning Battleborn Jump.

I'm going to confirm a few things in advance, just so you know now.

1. Yes, there will be a Canon Companion option. Battleborn from your Faction will be discounted - so an Eldrid Jumper can Companion Thorn or Miko for half the cost of Companioning Oscar Mike or Orendi.

2. Yes, you can install ISIC into your (insert thing an AI can go in here) if you Companion or Pod him. I just don't know why you think that's at all a Good Idea That Won't Result In Millions Of Deaths. Because it's not. It's a terrible idea likely to result in millions of deaths. Upgrade that to billions if the thing you're installing him in is a starship with any major complement of weaponry.

3. No, your ability to make new stars, if you have it, will not be disabled. What it WILL do is draw Varelsi to you like moths to a flame. Since, ya know, eating/stealing stars is their whole thing, and someone who can outright reverse that makes for a high priority target. Still if you can get them out there and KEEP them out there folks are gonna love you.

4. If you feel like you need to ask me whether or not I'll allow it, it is more likely than not something you, or the universe, or both, will come to regret you doing. Or maybe it's just incredibly silly. Either way, go ahead and ask anyway.

5. Yes, you can use the Canon Companion option to pick up Rendain, but why on Ekkunar would you want to?

I've actually got to applaud his restraint, considering there was a five-hour gap. I think that's the longest gap we've had between threads in an entire month.

Will there be a canon character companion option in the Fairy Tail update?

Jumpers!

What do you do when you're bored?

SMTAnon, this is the list I'm assuming you mean?
>There are a couple of duplicates
>Some of these were WIP when the list was made
>Some more are probably WIP since the list has been made.
>Entire list worth of jumps may have been posted by one person.
>May contain [s]spiders[/s]traces of nuts.
Write responsibly: please check in thread before dumping a new jump in thread.
pastebin.com/CE67M2Uc

Possibly. No promises just yet, because first I'd need to figure out how I wanted to do this. Do I want to scale their price by power level like with the Magics, or do I want to make it a flat price? Do I want to make it a guaranteed Companion, or a chance at convincing them? Do I want to exclude Zeref and Acnologia from the options? Well, okay, yes I do but that's besides the point.

The point being there's a few decisions to be made there.

>Back From the Dead Edition

Tinker with stuff. Bake stuff.
Give people free stuff.

Baldur's Gate (The Game)? Which one, there was a Baldur's Gate for PS2 or PS1 and a completely different series on the PC. Heck from what I remember that's a Forgotten Realms world, or are they not covered by the Forgotten Realms Jump? I have so many questions.

I just want Juvia(and maybe Erza) without a Pod.

Assuming for a moment that I am in fact adding one, that will be possible.

I just need to figure out how best to MAKE that possible.

Justice-chan gets it

Make (mostly) benign SCPs and release them into the wild, putting divination spells on them so I can watch how people react to them.

Perhaps you can make it so that we can take only Guildmates with us, with their price decided by the E to S Rank scale, that way we'd be paying for more the higher the persons starting power level. An EX or challange option for the true outliers, like the Original Fairy Tail Master and Big Z.

JUSTICE FOR THE JUSTICE GOD! WAIFUS FOR THE WAIFU THRONE! THE MULTIVERSE! WILL! LOVE!

You do realize that would take up more pages than the rest of the jump right.

You know, Justice, there are a lot of things I disagree with you on. But if there's one thing in which I can look at you as a comrade on, as a brother... it's this excellent taste in waifus.

I often don't agree with your opinions, but on this we are united. Today, we stand for Justice.

He has so many though, he's bound to get it right on occasion.

“Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, They have managed to invent Boredom.”

That could work, theoretically, though I'd be surprised if anyone went Mermaid Heel, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, etc. if I went with "Guildmates only."

Also I'm currently debating adding a Drawback where Lacrima of your various out-of-Jump magics get scattered throughout the world. The higher-tier they are, the more likely they are to end up in the hands of someone Capital-E Evil. It can also combo with the new 'Acnologia hates you and you specifically' Drawback if you want +800 points and for him to have implanted Lacrima of ALL your magic.

Note, this only applies to MAGIC. Your supertech and psionics are safe.

For now.

Cook, bake, sew, do a bit of gardening, playing a harp, going for drives, wandering about new towns, and window shopping.

Not really that bad a drawback if you have little or no magic then is it?

You would have to do a tiered chart for the characters of every guild for that to work! The whole E - S rank thing doesn't exist in Fairy Tail so you would have to specify for every character that is available!

E-S rank isn't really a thing. You have the S rank mages clearly identified and that's it.

>Sonichu
I vote to add Crash retold and its whole glorious sage
Also Tails gets trolled

Hey umm is there more magic options?
And also will there be perks for allowing for creative exploitation of magic or just stronger magic reserves in general?
Probably not going to change much since I went drop-in Archive and God-killer flame magic.

I'm going all in with those 2 magics.

And even S-rank is flimsy since different guilds have different standards. Phantom Lord's S-class did not reach anywhere near Fairy Tail's S-class.

Please don't use that idea, it would be a mess. A discount for members of the same guild as you might be a good idea though.

Not if you only set it Rank, not detailing the individuals save for the few who are true outliers as I stated before. I see where you could have read my post oddly so I apologized.

Holy shit that spoiler though. It hurts right in my greedy spots.

And I have been told.

Neat idea.

I suppose I'll have to figure out a workaround. Possibly including having him pull from old enemies instead.

Aaaand yeah, that'd also be a concern. I could try ranking them by the Class of their primary Magic on the table, but that carries its own risks and it'd end up making no sense in some cases.

>more magic options
Yes, but it's honestly not too expansive a list of additions.

>creative exploitation, greater reserves
Yes.

That's shounen for you, I guess. You are now reading that line in Happy's voice.

>discount for guildmates

Yeah, that'll work.

Or just have it work on all abilities instead of just magic. Like the previous criticism, pulling from old enemies doesn't matter if none of your enemies used magic.

Meant to delete top line. Crap...

Will Crash work like it is supposed to in the update?

Go flying.

>No Bobobo Jump yet

Until that gets fixed, where I can absurd powers aside from Soft Physics from Worm?

Better yet, will Crash and Disassembly be separated into two magics so they're not just a baseless power grab option?

You do make a very good point.

Congratulations, no one is safe!

Yes, assuming I can remember what I did wrong in the first place.

As it stands they are the weakest option in the S-Rank section. . .

Make chimeras.

What the fuck is going on with that face?!

See There's no reason for 2 S rank magics to be offered as one, beyond the same guy having them both. They do close to the opposite thing, are never used in concert and no other magic is offered in a two for one deal despite being about as justified as the reasoning for these two.

Yeah, not like Gildartz beat Bluenote (The guy with Gravity magic) with just crash huh?

Splitting them up is one thing, but I thought you meant I'd written the description of Crash's effects themselves incorrectly.

Weakest
As compared to Machina Soul (Machines in jump are pretty universally poor, the only reason this is so high is because of inter jump balancing), Satan Soul (Better, but all the good ones require you to beat some of the strongest guys in the show) and Gravity Magic (In series weaker then Crash by itself, much less with the other one added too)

That has less to do with what his magic is and more to do with the fact that Gildarts is a BAMF.

I'm a different guy. Not sure what the other guy is on about, though I guess the description is a little vague compared to "This magic just crushes things"

>a tens of thousands year old multi-dimensional traveler with abilities ranging from conceptual punch ghosts to superhuman card game skills arrive
>they're not even the weirdest thing in the setting

Who knows

You can say the same for almost all magics except for Take Over magics and item magics. ALl of it gets stronger because the user gets stronger, even Slayer stuff or the non take over S class magics.

:(

As a side note, I'd like to apologize for the vagueness of Territory - but it'd be wrong of me to apologize on Mashima's behalf. I gave all the information I could get.

I swear, why did I even bother working with shounen for Jumps.

And Natsu got wrecked early on by people using way weaker magic then Dragonslaying Magic. Works both ways. Crash is basically the ultimate offensive magic, it crushes anything, even other spells, long as the user has enough power. Disassembly is almost as good, particularly in how it also works on magic and can basically nullify most attacks or massively weaken living beings.

Nina and her dog are such close friends now.

Please don't slit them up, they go together so perfectly and you wouldn't be able to get them both if they were slit up.

Did people actually die in that setting aside from flashbacks?

I don't remember anyone being killed in the series. I have yet to read the manga.

>Go together so well
So do Requip and Sword Magic. We don't get those together, why should we get two super strong magics together either? If you want something, it should be justified, as is it's just a power grab.

No they don't. They do the opposite of what the other does, using them together is a complete waste of energy in most cases because using one can generally accomplish most of what using the other can. They're never used together by Gildartz either.

These two posts are both me as one person by the way, for openness sake. Posted the first on accident before I was done.

I don't mean in terms of complimenting each other's strength I mean they go together thematically, they don't compliment each other that way very much at all.

Honestly the part that surprises me about all this is that it's a 180 from what was - at least as far as I can remember - the general consensus when I was first adding the S-Class table.

Granted, that was nearly a year ago so my memory could be completely wrong.

>Thematically
Not really. Unless you count crushing things and spitting them apart, pretty close to being opposites, as thematic. It's a completely inadequate justification for keeping them as a 2 magic for the price of one deal, considering how many magics in fairy tail work that way.

Oh, you know. Program, do some system defrags, play the theremin, run a few trillion simulations on key shatterpoints in fate, go flying through outer space, play some vidya with the companions and cook.

For what it's worth, Territory's still my favorite purchase from that jump.

I wish I could contribute more in the way of critique but I genuinely don't know Fairy Tail well enough to suggest constructively.

Hence my thoughts that people just wanted power. I did speak up about this back then and why it made no sense but my posts were obviously smothered by the people just wanting both S class magics. I think it'd be fine if it had any justification at all, but there doesn't seem to be any other then "A guy in canon has both." which applies to countless magics.

I thought Crash was explosions, not crushing. Well, I suppose you could crush things with explosions if you aimed them right. Or make something explode if you applied crushing pressure in the right place. The more I think about this the less sure I am there's any appreciable difference.

So, you know that, "Hold my beer" thing? You know, "It would if you could do *this* and *such*." then "I can" then "Nah" and then "Hold my beer" right?

The girls and I do that (especially when we've got transdimensional telepathy), and it can get down right silly. Like the time we had an actual Samurai vs. Mecha battle.

I was the Samurai. Kirishima was (in) the Mecha. Akitsu and Kurumu were the spectators and announcers.

Luckily, this was before the L'Cie got kicked out of Cocoon, so we could still play around.

As a note, at some point Akitsu had a pack of those wolf things (the name escapes me) following her around (it was the result of another 'hold my beer' moment that ended with her suplexing a behemoth) they were surprisingly cute.

For what it's worth I'm all for whatever you suggested if it's closer to canon, I really don't know Fairy Tail enough to be invested in any powergrabby potential herein

It smashes/crushes (The descriptions vary a bit between both terms) anything it comes into contact with, including other magic spells. It can also be used to make cushions against falls by crushing the ground beneath you, as defensive shields against attacks, imbued into your body to enhance destructive power of punches or fired as blasts.

fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Crash

Fairy Tale update? Sweet stuff!

Hopefully I'll still be able to afford Gun, Sword, and Requip Magics. They've been my mainstays throughout my Chain and have life so much more easy in so many ways.

Here is the thing, people want Gildart's magic. Dissasembly isn't that great of a spell at all when compared to Crash but people want them both because they are the signature spells of Gildarts. If we wanted power we would just go Godslayer.

So more like just kinetic shockwaves in general, then, and it can look like either depending on how you use it?

Dissassembly can basically do anything Crash can and more. It can even split apart magic spells like Crash can, with the addition of being able to split living beings into tiny copies.

like Crash can destroy magic*

Also Godslayer is weaker then Dragonslayer so far, given Dragonslayer's get Dragon Force.

While Crash would just turn that living thing into a stain on the floor.

Oh, right, should probably add a clarification.

Specifically, you'll be able to roll or choose as many Magic types as you can afford, rather than leaving the implication of only 2 - but you'll still get the opportunity to sacrifice your freebie for the 100 CP price reduction on a higher-level Magic.

Sweet! Thanks boss!

So Dissassembly is slightly weaker then Crash in regards to biotic targets. Not convincing me on how this 'isn't that great of a spell' when you can just stomp all the little ones after using it.

Not him but no actually. Gildartz hasn't done that even when fighting seriously against people, meaning you need enough magic power to hurt a strong target and even when relatively equal he didn't turn people to paste with one use. You can argue that Dissassembly could even be superior if it worked regardless of the opponents durability as compared to Crash, where you might not have enough magic power to harm someone.

So is the Xmen movie jump going to get an update for Xmen: We stole Bioware's wardrobe?

Probably

People also survive getting hit with giant fire balls in that series, being crushed with giant rocks, slashed by swords that have been shown to eviscerate giant monsters.

Well that and because the people Gildarts has hit with it are either people he isn't trying to kill or too strong to just be smeared against the floor.

> too strong to just be smeared against the floor.
That's...exactly what I said? I pretty much just said that the magic doesn't automatically kersplode anything it touches because guys like Bluenote, around the user's level, aren't treated like that. Given Bluenote was trying to and almost succeeding in killing Gildartz guildmates and daughter (Can't remember if he knew by then though), I'd say there's a damn good chance he wasn't holding back at all in their fight.

Indeed. They're really inseparable.

So close you could call them siamese twins.

And Dissassembly would work against people that strong? He doesn't even try to use that spell on anyone he considers a threat.

I just put the list together from what everyone shouted out, but I assume they mean the PC series.

Plus I think Neverwinter Nights is also FR and we already have a jump for that, too. There are plenty of series set in Faerun, some less suitable for jumps than others.

Possibly, possibly not. Laxus doesn't use fairy law against everyone he fights (Even though it should be almost certainly his strongest spell and there are definitely fights in which he should have used it- Hades, the recent manga fights of his) so it's not like there isn't plenty of precedence for not using all your magic in a fight.

Even if we say it doesn't, you still have a magic that can nullify pretty much any physical (In the sense it has physical form, so this includes most magic in this world) attack against you, even if it's just a ball of fire and can still potentially cause wide area destruction when used on the landscape or fortresses or vehicles or weapons and so on. It's S class enough to equal the shown feats of things like Gravity Magic and Satan Soul at the very least.

Should there be a Toughness ability in the update to represent this, alongside the existing Agility, Strength, Charisma, etc?

Has anyone uploaded Doom 2016 to the drive? I can't find it.

It's in uploads folder.

Here is the thing about Crash and Dissasembly, people want Gildarts's powerset and if they weren't packaged together they couldn't do that.

If you rolled for S class magic twice, landed Crash/Dissasembly respectively on those rolls, and gave up your free C Class magic to decrease the price of one of them by 100. . .

The total cost would be 1700 points, which is more than you can get from drawbacks.

I'm looking at the uploads folder right now user. It's not there.

Posting the same argument twice doesn't make it more effective, it just shows you have no other argument. People want a lot of things, that doesn't mean they always get them. I'm sure plenty of people want the Three Great Fairy Magics, but you can't buy those in jump. Same with how you can't get Titan and Light Magic as one purchase, despite that being Makarov's powerset. Or Requip and Sword Magic and The Knight as Erza's powerset.

Another user here, I can see the Doom 2016.pdf file.

I don't know what to tell you, then. I can see it quite plain and clear.

You could always risk Acnologia.

Or I could always raise the Drawback limit and add more ways for you to make yourself suffer.

Do you want me to post it here?

People can learn magic in series, the drawback limit is fine as is. If someone wants magic so bad, then they can just go learn from Gildartz himself. It's not like the guy would turn his guildmate down if you were strong enough to handle it.

(Adding onto my post) Though, to be fair, I do think that changing it to a 600cp cap rather then picking two drawbacks would be more in line with most jumps nowadays.