MTG Pauper General: White Is Right Edition

What's the best mono white deck? What's the most fun? Souls Sisters/Weenie/Rebels?

>MTGO Pauper Guide
cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>BUT I WANT TO SEE ALL VIABLE DECKS!
tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>WAHHH THATS TOO HARD WHERE...
mtg-hunter.com
The bottom left has a box, select MTGO Pauper, all cards in the card pool and banlist are taken into account.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Goblins
>Stompy
>Slivers
>Affinity
>Mono U control
>UB Teachings

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are slivers still viable? Don't see them in the listings.

Yes sir. Remember that not all 5-0 decks are reported. You're seeing randomly chosen decks. It's not the no.1 deck in the game but it's definitely good.

FAMILIARS AHOOOOY

Seriously though, can Drake replace the Faeries? The 5 mana seem too much on Pauper.

5 mana is a lot, but multiple Familiars actually do more work in the long run.

With Cloud of Faeries, sure, they'd only cost one, but that would be if you had one Familiar out or 4. If you have two familiars out, then Peregrine Drake only costs 3 and untaps 5 lands so you net more mana in the long run.

At the very least, it makes Familiars a bit slower so other decks have a chance.

For affinity. Auriok Sunchaser or Somber Hoverguard?

>tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/
So, what happened with the Pauper Cube List in this link?

Daily Pauper thread with daily 10 replies before dying.

Guys, why.

Mostly because Pauper isn't an official paper format. This kills the meta. They should make it a sanctioned format with the paper cards, release some staples as commons in the next Masters set(both for MTGO and paper) and ban the obvious OP shit like Goblin Grenade and Hymn. Bam, done.

So, Chainer's Edict is paper legal?

No, it's not.

Yes. Unless your local scene is retarded and follows some homebrew rules.

I really want to make Mono White viable, but it's too all around to be good. It dosen't bring the pressure that Stompy does, it dosen't damage as fast as burn, and it's disrupted badly by MBC.
It lacks a role that is actually able to outperform to work.

Eat shit for splitting the scene asshats.
If you want to stick to your homebrew rules then fine.

Right now I its legal on MTGO and in the MTGO card pool, it is Pauper legal. MTGO is the only officially recognized Pauper format and until WotC makes rules relating to paper pauper, these are the rules to be followed.

The cards are so cheap and people bitching about having to change 2 or 3 cards because they want to at the same deck they made 19 years ago can seriously fuck off.

If your scene is shit then use Geth's Verdict, which is what people used before Chainer's Edict was down shifted.

Dude, he asked if it's legal in PAPER Pauper, and as far as I know, that's not the stabilished pauper we all know and love. Furthermore, it's really hard to find people playing paper pauper following the MTGO banlist because "hurr how can it be uncommon and playable is pauper?????"

I have a few paper pauper decks but nobody at the closest 5 lgs's play the format and i dont play on mtgo because they are an even more bunch of unsufferable cunts, but hey at least i have a few nice card boxes full of commons on my shelf next to my fully foiled golgari tiny leaders deck

You're a fucking idiot. Of course it's legal on paper. Everyone uses it on paper. Evolve you twat. The pauper you know and love isn't pauper. It's homebrewer bullshit. Stop holding back the format. You are literally a dying or dead breed. Most large tournaments use MTGO card pool and banlist.

PS: Read the fucking sticky. Dumbass.

Sound like a personal problem. If no one wants to play pauper with you your scene sounds like shit anyways.

Oh god please fuck off.

Pauper started on MTGO and all data is based on MTGO

Unless people seriously want High Tide and Peregrine Drake bullshit.

Not sure if bait. WotC says it's legal so... use your brain (or don't, I don't have to play with you.)

The problem is that right now it just isn't fast enough. It's a lower midrange mono color deck. If you want to have fun with white check out mono white Rebels. You super swing on 4 or 7 and if you don't who cares. It is fun though.

There shouldn't be paper and MTGO pauper. There is just Pauper. A lot of new players want to netdeck and that's fine with me. Also helps that MTGO is where pauper is played mostly, so you get a nice meta you can study. It's also sanctioned by WotC, your made up of old school rules are not.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be willing to take those decks off your hands. Go ahead and invest in Modern or whatever it is your scene is playing. I'm sure you won't regret it at all.

So I built this deck ages ago before Temporal Fissure was banned. What would be the wincon now?

Empty The Warrens.

Also banned.
I've seem people use Sage's Row Denizen. Capsize might also work like Fissure with as much mana as you can make with multiple Familiars and the Drake. I guess you could also cast Astral Steel on a flier, if you want to do a bad Graleshot impression.

I'm running my own version of a U/B delver deck

basically cut out the stormbound geits, the ninja of the deep hours, and the eldrazi bulk card most other dudes run

just run the full platset of zombie fish and 2 copies of zombie birds

did away with some of the bulk in the u/b stock lists (think twice and stupid shit like that)

i run 2x daze and sometimes 2x snuff out depending on meta using the evolving wilds to fulfill the alternate casting cost when necessary

and i run 2X mystical teachings to fetch out any specific answers

used to have both UB teachings and UB delver stock

but one felt too control/reactionary in a meta that doesn't allow for it (teachings) and the Delver deck sacrificed control elements and the delver lists started to sacrifice dexterity for a more aggro route which didn't feel correct

when both lists combined my winrate went up

i like mental note and thoughtscour and a lot of people like to run ghastly demise thinking it's a synergy but half the time you're keeping up so much msns or keeping cardsin the yard delaying deploying your angler in case they played something you needed to remove

vapor snag is about useless in pauper

cut preordain

run a copy of gush

deprive over mana leak (most people don't agree with this in paper......deprive so much better agaisnt the durdle decks that are in pauper and there are MANY)

It would all work but I still think it's to slow.

>HEY GUYS EMA AND NEW SETS ARE RUINING THE PAUPER WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE!

This is how stupid you sound.

>Sneak Attack in Peregrin Drake
>Cast everything

"Because it's common on MTGO"

Holy shit that was hard.

>my fully foiled golgari tiny leaders deck
That's gay

Sage's Row Denizen+Archaeomancer+Peregrine Drake+Ghostly Flicker. I really miss an actual storm card there, I was playtesting with the Drakes and there's always a fuckton of W and B mana left from the karoos

I have never seen a store that runs the MTGO banlist and allowed cards. I hate it, but what can I do?

Are you stupid? I love the Masters sets, they give us new toys. They could use them to make the paper pool and the virtual pool have the same cards so this problem ends.

Try explaining that to retards.

Magic is dead. Long live Pauper!

Sunchaser. You're rarely going to cast Hoverguard turn 2 and Sunchaser has a bigger butt once you get Metalcraft, which you'll usually get turn 3.

What are the chances this gets banned to stop time outs on mtgo like with Faeries?

Want to get into pauper because my LGS just started pauper mondays along side legacy, Thoughts on this deck? It's either this or burn because I'm only missing like the chain lightnings.

3 Apostle's Blessing
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Blight Mamba
4 Glistener Elf
4 Ichorclaw Myr
2 Cystbearer
4 Mutagenic Growth
4 Groundswell
4 Rancor
4 Seal of Strength
4 Vines of Vastwood
2 Lotus Petal
4 Tree of Tales
13 Forest

sideboard:
4 Gut Shot
3 Predator's Strike
4 Nature's Claim
2 Spider Umbra
2 Corpse Cur

>to stop time outs
They banned the Faeries just because of that?

Yep

Rot Wolf is a better three-drop than Cystbearer IMO.

Partially, people said that the deck was really unbeatable but it was only around 5% of the meta because it timed out so often.

>mfw I forgot to buy vanguard and innocent blood and realize this thanks to this thread

My God, I went to store to buy 20 cards and fuckin forgot about 8 of them - just kill me

If someone gives you shit just throw in 4 Geth's Verdict. It's instant speed, but no flashback, and honestly, I hear people saying the flashback comes in handy but I have used it maybe once in 100 matches. I think when a budget comes into play or local idiots have different rules Geth's Verdict is 99% as good as Chainer's Edict.

Take out obuliette and Chainer's and the deck only costs like 20 bucks in paper as well.

I've made one for 6 bucks to test a Heroic deck a friend made.
It worked pretty well even with some shit tier choices like bitter revelation instead of sign in blood.

Yeah, I mean even without Chainer's and obuliette it's going to get 99% of the wins a deck with those cards would get.

Someone has a good Naya deck? I was thinking using kird ape, wild nacatl, lightning bolt, maybe armadillo cloack?

People have been testing it since the announcement of nimble mongoose. Looks pretty lackluster so far.

Fuck
A good fun deck I can try to play in pauper? I usually play Goblins or Jund Reanimator

Well, Goblins is fun and tier 1. Tron can be fun. White Rebels is fun but not tier 1. Affinity is fun, mono green Delve as well.

I've made you this. Should work.

4 x Wild Nacatl
4 x Kird Ape
4 x Elite Vanguard
4 x Goblin Bushwhacker
4 x Qasali Pridemage
4 x Naya Hushblade

4 x Lava Spike
2 x Giant Growth
4 x Chain Lightning
4 x Lightning Bolt

6 x Forest