Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-SE/Seraphon-Saurus-Guard
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules?_requestid=5128319
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for kroak

Spite Revenant

Alarielle, with the beetle

Good new for foot fetish.

I wonder if the beetle will have generic non character variants like the Maw-Krusha does?

I'd like some actual models for this artwork soon, because the more I look at artwork, the more disappointed I am when I finally see the models it shows.

>Necrons

I bet those will be the half of a duo-kit. The other half being the elves in the bottom corner of Woodghouls and Treelves.

That's probably the case.

Probably. And I sincerely hope they'll be sized and priced like Stormcast Paladins and not like Stormfiends. I mean, the artwork implies they're just slightly taller than Bloodletters, but you never know..

God I hope so.

>Daily reminder that you should all kill yourselves for playing this game

I'll get right on that.

O man it's not even ten yet. You're early

Anyone have any luck with the fire dorfs? I like the look of them but they seem kind of limited and the vulkites seem pretty bad at first glance.

rude

>It's a "people take seriously a self-ironical shitpost made to fuel a persecution complex" episode
>also starring /v/ memes and dante from the devil may cry series

Have a pic of meta-entites, I call myself out.

Looking to get back in to playing - haven't played since AoS was released, but starting up at a tournament my local GW is running. Looking for an army that will get me some gift vouchers and prizes, what would you recommend? Looking to buy a whole new army too.

Tournament rules are

No Battallions
No more than 60 Wounds/Player
No more than 2 each of the following keywords : Hero, Wizard, Monster and War Machine
No Model with more than 12 Wounds
No Units with more than 30 Wounds
No more than 1 Duplicate unit (May not have the Hero keyword)

SUMMONING
For the course of the event players may not summon more than 30 wounds worth of models in a single game (whether through summoning spells or any other rule or ability that adds new models to their army).

Additionally you may not summon any models with more than 12 wounds.

Ogres are insanely stronk in wound balanced games

>No Model with more than 12 Wounds
rip flesheaters and ironjawz

Her right hand is really messed up.

Why rip? It's "model" not "unit".

Mite still be good with FE's as courtiers don't summon with magic, just reinforce.

Because FE's get nasty with king on bat/dragon, and those are 14.

abhorrant ghoul king has 14 wounds and megaboss on mawkrusha has 14 as well

Thought about getting back into Warhammer. What kind of book equals the army book of the old Warhammer in AOS?

You're telling me these factions can't function without their respective beast riders? What about the on foot versions?

The foot riders have totally different rules

Flesheasters without a ghoul king to summon more courtiers is not very good at all

The Ghoul King on Terrorgheist is absolutely vital to Flesheater Courts, the Megaboss on Mawcrusha is nice to have, since he counters the speed issue to some degree, but he's not really indispensable.

Battletomes and Grand Alliance books, depending on what you're looking for.
Battletomes are an in-depth look at a specific force, Grand Alliances contain every warscross from one of the big four factions.

>he hasnt signed up for TGA yet

The old army book system is basically a thing of yesterday now. Rules for units are free online and also tend to be included in the newer, rebranded boxes. Some factions do have books but they're collections of the unit rules with some fluff rather than mandatory.

Thanks guys!
Where can I find the rules for free?
Guess I'm going to get one or two battletomes as I'm more interested in the fluff than the warscrolls alone.

I was gonna ask why the gheist and not dragon, as I had planned to run a dragon, and then I saw the spell/command difference. Shit man, I really wanted the dragon, but that's a big difference.

There's the app, and you can grab each warscroll from the unit's store page on GW's site.
Or you could just grab them from OP.

>Where can I find the rules for free?
Games Workshop website has the rules for each model on the models web page

games-workshop.com/en-SE/Seraphon-Saurus-Guard

Scroll down and look under the "Rules" tab for a pdf link.

You can also get the Age of Sigmar phone app, it contains all the rules for every model (even the ones that aren't in production any more)

you can see them either on their page on the store, or for the legacy rules (that is, rule for old armies), go here: games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules?_requestid=5128319

>mark III
Necron Overlord
-Move 5"
-Wounds 7
-Save 4+
-Bravery 10

-Ranged Weapons-
-Staff of Light - 12", Attacks 3, To Hit 3+, To Wound 3+, Rend -1, D3
-Gauntlet of Fire - 8", Attacks D6 , To Hit 4+, To Wound 4+, Rend - , 1 Wound

-Melee Weapons-
-Staff of Light - 2", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend -1 , D3 Damage
-Warscythe - 2", Attacks 3, To Hit 3+, To Wound 3+, Rend -2, D3 Wounds
-Gauntlet of Fire - 1", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend -, D3 Wounds

Resurrection Orb - +1 to reanimation rolls

Reanimation Protocols: If a model in this unit suffers a wound, ignore it on a dice roll of 5+. If it suffers a mortal wound, ignore it on a 6+.

-Comman Ability-
- Phylactery- A Necron Overlord and units within 6" may reroll failed reanimation protocol rolls.

--
Necron Warriors - A unit of Necron Warriors has 10 or more models.
-Move 4"
-Wounds 1
-Save 5+
-Bravery 10

-Ranged Weapons-
-Gauss Flayer - 16", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 4+, Rend - , 1 Wound

-Melee Weapons-
-Gauss Flayer Blade - 1", Attacks 1, To Hit 5+, To Woound 4+, Rend - , 1 Wound

-Gauss flayer: When rolling to-wound, 6's become mortal wounds

-Unrelenting Legion: If a unit of Necron Warriors has 20 or more models you have a 1+ to hit, if 30+ you have a +1 to wound also.

Immortal upgrade: include save to 4+, and increase attacks on Gauss Flayer to 2.

Reanimation Protocols: If a model in this unit suffers a wound, ignore it on a dice roll of 5+. If it suffers a mortal wound, ignore it on a 6+.

>Mindshackle Scarabs - -2 to bravery for units within 3"

The swarms stat like familiars but with this ability?

Quick.. Triarch Stalker, and im getting a start collector box

Care to explain? I would assume summoning Courtiers on the dragon would be more useful.

Kind of wish the unique spells on the zombie dragon and terrorgeist ghoul kings were swapped.

I guess, but that gives you one turn you have to summon courtier, and first next turn you can summon/reinforce units? Also it's a choice between reroll to wounds inside 10" or a 5+ ward save within 18". Hm, maybe it bears further consideration.

Terrorgheist summons 3 guys right away
ZDragon summons a Courtier that can summon ~2 more guys on average per turn
The ZDragon is obviously better at calling more dudes

ZDragon is really good at hitting high armored enemies (Saurus Guard, heroes, heavy cavalry) because it has a Rend-3 D6 Damage breath attack.
Terrorgheist is great at crushing swarm units with low bravery with its death shriek

Terrorgheist has a great defensive spell, giving 1 of your units a 5+ Ignore Wound
ZDragon has a great offensive spell that lets you reroll wounds for everything around 10"

Both are good in their own way. I prefer the ZDragon personally

What's a good non gw dragon? I wanna build a golden king ghoul on noble dragon, like he sees himself.

I've bought an elf. Am I gay now?

These things look rad. I can't wait to see the models.

You're only gay when you call them elfs. They're Aelfs.

Bought = In the closet
Assembled = Openly gay
Painted = Flamboyant
Played = Other gays think you make gays look bad

If you like knife ears you're a homo, it doesn't matter if you use the corporate jargon term or not.

... I'm at all those stages of ælf.

I hope it's a triple kit with options for half-dryad upper bodies with elf or spooky heads like you say, or full tree spirits like the things in the bottom of this image (there's things with dryad-like heads wielding weapons). Maybe pushing my luck though.

Hrmm, how about this.
Triarch Stalker

Move 7"
Wounds 9
Save 4+
Bravery 10

>Ranged Weapons
Heat Ray R12" A1 [---see below---]
Heavy Gauss R24" A1 To Hit 3+ To Wound 2+ R-2 Dd6
Particle Shredder R12" [---see below---] To Wound 4+ R-1 D1

>Melee Weapons
Scythed Limb R2" A4 To Hit 4+ To Wound 3+ R-1 D2
Manipulator Limb R1" A2 To Hit 5+ To Wound 4+ R- D1

Description
A Triarch Stalker squadron consists of any number of models. Each Triarch Stalker is armed with either a Heat Ray, a Heavy Gauss Cannon or a Particle Shredder. In addition, it repairs damage done to it with its Living Metal and can strike foe'S trying to close in on it with both its Scythed Limbs and Manipulator Limbs.

Abilities
Living Metal: A Triarch Stalker regains d3 wounds during each of your hero phases.

Heat Ray: Pick a unit within 12" of this model. That unit suffers d3 Mortal Wounds. Units with 10 or more models suffer another d3 Mortal Wounds.

Particle Shredder: Pick a unit within 12" of this model and roll a dice for each model in that unit. For each 4+ that unit is hit once by this weapon.

Twin-linked: When attacking with the Heavy Gauss Cannon you may reroll failed rolls to hit of 1.

Well spank my ass and call me a faggot, because I'm making a Lion Rangers army.

so if I play duardin, does that make me gay, but more like a bear?

Of course.
Playing any miniatures game makes you gay by default.
Many simple don't know yet

Only new trees? no new elves?

Alarielle is all trees all day. Elves come later. Along with Hysh/Ulgu/Slaanesh lore probably.

To be fair, they seem as much elf as tree.

Another story from the Silver Tower.
>new party, 1st trial.
>shard, mistweaver, warpriest
>2nd room, fighting some acolytes and horrors
>unexpected event
>ogroid
>we shat ourselves a bit, but we managed to kill him. We suffered a few wounds though before
>going forward
>abandoned nest
>we kill some scuttings with ease
>explore
>room comes up with some blue horrors and acolytes
>already killed the acolytes,lets kill the horrors
>as one would split, but it can't because no more minis, we roll for unexpected
>d6 acolytes spawn
>6
>they need to be placed so they surround us
>mistweaver can't move since he is surrounded. Tries to aoe stun but half of the acolytes are in the next room since we were standing at the portal
>there are still like 3 brimstone horrors shooting us
>priest flees but stays in healing range
>me as shard near mistweaver try to chop them as hard as I can
>destiny dice - familiar with -1 to hit and unexpected
>summon pink horror
>the acolytes raped the mistweaver, then me, than the priest.
Full wipe even though the priest was healing us meanwhile.
There was one moment where the acolytes almost summoned another pink horror.
Shit, this game was intense, we were on the edge all the time and we needed to decide very carefully.
I am happy with this game cause it provided what I expected - fully random dungeon crawl with epic moments. Difficulty is totally random, but you can always add some more by summoning exotics for example.

remove sigmarines

Naw.

B-but I like the sigmarines.

>reading Flesh Eaters or whatever it's codex
>They're undead, can't be that neat...
>Bravery 10
>Okay.. I guess that makes sense, they're mad and all
>Unit heals D3 wounds in EVERY Hero phase
>Okay.. not too bad.... Doable
>8 Wounds
>Um....
>Terrorghiest: On a 6+, do 6 Mortal Wounds instead
>Okay so, more damage than Carnosaurs, Dread Saurians, Treelords, Magmadroths, regular Dragons....
>Still not too bad....
>Formation: Heal 1 wound in hero phase, on top of any other wounds heal
>D3+1 wounds for every monster in that formation

So, how do I beat these? This shit is insane. It's literally "Keep them in the Bubble to Win: The Army".

>No Nipples

AND DROPPED LIKE IT'S FUCKING HOT.

Even the Medsua model got nipples.

I miss tomb kings

>what is green stuff

Plants don't have nipples, they're not mammals.

Thing is, they don't fit. They're undead and Nagash is a God, it's hard enough justifying how the Strigori aren't being owned by him.

So I keep hoping they'll come back. Or something will come back. Remember, GW has every reason to give a relaunch.

>is humanoid
>even the old Dryads had wood knots for nipples
>b-b-but it's a plant so :^) No nipples

Then make it look like a fucking plant, don't make it a wood covered human.

I still have them all in a bag.

The formation only works with those Terrorgheists/Zombie Dragons that are *not* mounted, but only the mounted versions have the d3 regen.

The wood is covering their nipples silly ;^)

Regardless, they are some seriously good shit.

deploy more models. you can also try psychological attack by calling him waac faggot

Only way I can win is by going Seraphon and summoning him into oblivion. I won't win on the Battleshock phase... But Oldblood on Carnosaur MIGHT be able to force D3 of his b est models to flee if I manage to kill one of them. Or could go Nagash and out summon him anyway.

The problem is his units like Zombie Dragons and Terrorghiests. Plus synergy bubbles.

How come the armies with old ass models and with no new models in their release (like Lizardmen and Flesh Eater courts) are the most imba in the game

Then discard their old fluff. Death contains no less than three necromantic assholes from ancient not-Egypt. There's wacky Mortal Kombat-esque shit like blood rivers, Hell mouths, and literal corpse rain, Is GW telling us that pyramids full of mummies just wouldn't be believable in Spoop Land? You're telling me Arkhan the Black doesn't have some Death Pyramids in the Ash Deserts of the Wraithlands somewhere?

They could have at left the Sphinx and the Knights. Those were bad ass.

>old ass models
>no new models

Lizardmen got one of the largest 8th updates, what the fuck you on about?

The odd thing is, the Sphinx is mentioned in one of the novels. It's odd as fuck. So my guess is, they'll return. Or not. Who knows. Does it matter any more? Elves lost some of their models and we know for a fact they ain't gone.

How long does it take to build a miniature? Not paint, just build

Depends on the miniature.
Also depends on how much much flash or mold lines there are.

How long is a piece of string? It depends on the mini, what tools you've got, and if you production line a whole unit.

Taking your time, maybe 10-20 minutes if you sit down and do one infantry, including cleaning mold lines and waiting for glue to dry.

>he waits for the glue to dry
What a big girl's blouse.

Sure do. Mostly I production-line it though, so it's not like I sit around twiddling my thumbs and watching a GW GlueTimer (tm)

Hot OC for WHQ coming through, help me pick it apart I will say that the Renown ability is boring and I'm looking for some help to jazz that up, I'll eventually make up a skaven plague priest card too...skaven player trying to explore the tower of tzeentch with my ratmen

I like it, but extra renown ability is freakin op

Since it's still the hero phase and you have priority, can't the summoned courtier do its thing as well?

I'd take a ZDragon general and a Tgiest king in the same army anyway since they both have good spells.

Honestly I kind of threw it in there i wasn't too sure where to go with the renown compared to everything else.

I got more done this morning. Only need to do the named characters, command barge, fliers and lords of war.

Flayed Ones - A unit of Flayed Ones has 5 or more models.
-Move 4"
-Wounds 1
-Save 5+
-Bravery 10

-Melee Weapons-
-Flayer Claws - 1", Attacks 2, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend - , 1 Wound

-Reanimation Protocols: If a model in this unit suffers a wound ignore it on a 5+, 6+ for a mortal wound.
-Flayed Alive: When a model with a pair of Flayer Claws wounds on a 6+ the attack has a rend of -2.
-A Gruesome Visage: Units within 3" of a Flayed One unit must reroll successfuly Battleshock rolls.
-Infiltrate: You may set up this unit within a piece of terrain and more than 12" from any enemy models.

Deathmarks - A unit of Deathmarks has 5 or more models.
-Move 5"
-Wounds 1
-Save 5+
-Bravery 10

-Ranged Weapons-
-Synaptic Disintegrator - 24", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend -1, 2 Wounds

-Melee Weapons-
-Synaptic Disintegrator - 1", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 5+, Rend -, 1 Wound

-Reanimation Protocols: If a model in this unit suffers a wound ignore it on a 5+, 6+ for a mortal wound.
-Ethereal Interception: When deploying this unit you can put it off to one side and say they're in Hyperspace. During either players turn you may set this unit up anywhere on the board at least 9" away from any enemy models.
-Hunters from Hyperspace: During the turn this unit is set up you may immediately fire your weaponry with a +1 to To Hit and To Wound rolls.

Canoptek Wraiths - A Canoptek Wraith unit has 3+ models.
-Move 12"
-Wounds 4
-Save 4+
-Bravery 10

-Ranged Weapons-
-Particle Caster - 12", Attacks 3, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend - , 1 Wound
-Transdimensional Beamer - 12", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend -1, D3 Wounds

-Melee Weapons-
-Wraith Claws - 1", Attacks 3, To Hit 3+, To Wound 3+, Rend -1, 2 Wounds
-Whip Coils - 2", Attacks 2, To Hit 4+, To Wound 3+, Rend - , 1 Wound

-Wraith Form: A unit of Canoptek Wraiths ignore the rend special rule.
-Wraith Flight: A unit of Canoptek Wraiths ignore terrain and enemy models when moving. Must end move at least 3" away from an enemy model.

Destroyers - A unit of Destroyers has 1 or more models. 1 in every 3 models may be a Heavy Destroyer.
-Move 8"
-Wounds 3
-Save 3+
-Bravery 10

-Ranged Weapons-
-Gauss Cannon (Destroyer only) - 16", Attacks 3, To Hit 3+, To Wound 3+, Rend -1, 1 Wound
-Heavy Gauss Cannon (Heavy Destroyer only) - 24" Attacks 2, To hit 4+, To Wound 4+, Rend -2, 3 Wounds

-Melee Weapons-
-(placeholdername) - 1", Attacks 1, To Hit 4+, To Wound 4+, Rend - , 1 Wound

-Gauss: When a model with a Gauss weapon wounds on a 6+ the unit suffers a mortal wound as well as any normal wounds.
-Anti-gravity Thrusters: A unit of Destroyers can fly.
-Hatred For Everything: A unit of Destroyers can reroll failed To Hit and To Wound rolls of 1.

Sphinxes were mentioned before they axed them though. Not that they didn't have that planned ahead a long time before though.

I booted up Total War: Warhammer today.

After two hours, I realized I was going to quit Age of Sigmar entirely. I've been sticking on, I've liked the models, I've played the games, and it simply can't give me that feeling that Fantasy did and still does even when it's from a different company and it never will. I've been deluding myself and spent a ton of money on trying to capture something that was already there. I'm rebasing my old Wood Elves back to square and starting over.

Maybe I'll do ebay links or something later. Mostly starter kit stuff + more Sigmarine releases, tabletop standard. Bye, everyone.

Play kings of war, it's really fun!

You know, you should add a few lines of fluff and a few pics like that one dude did with tyranids ("cosmic horrors") and post it to the FB. I'm sure they'll like it.

If you have them and want a nice backstory, check mengel miniatures' website the endless deserts.

Thats a shame to hear. Oh well, make sure you put up the link to ebay here, and i hope you have fun in your future endevors, whether they be in the old world or beyond

Which weapons do you guys think I should give to my varanguard? going to have 5 or 6 of them, and they're rolling along with archaon on horse and my khorne bros.

I got a few more done if anyone cares

Just for shits and giggles, can you make a Tomb King card?