CYOA Thread

Previous Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/quiet cyoa/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Which CYOA do you think has the best lore?

Fetish fuel comming through

Race: Angel (19)
Class: Manipulation (15) + Bard (12)
Equipment: Robes (11) + Instrument/Harp (10)
Boons: Vitality (7) + Charisma (4) + Magic (1)

My songs make women reveal their true heart's desire: to spread happiness and love amongst one another.

>sub/race: Surface dwarf 21/25
>class: Gunslinger+gambler 13/25
>ranged: x2 guns 5/25
>Armour: medium 2/25
>Prowess: Perception -1/25
>Treasures: Bottomless bag -3/25
>Complication: Dullahan

Shooting with head on your shoulders is highly overrated

>spread happiness and love amongst one another.
Only amongst other woman?

It wouldn't be pure love otherwise.

So you're brainwashing women into lesbians. I hope some hero stops your rampage.

Not really a fan of stats
>Angel 6
Demons look like edgelords, and being Human costs 4 points and High Elf costs 6 anyway, so may as well pick the race that's more beautiful and magical than Elves.
>Paladin 10
Same cost as Knight, but far cooler. Though, I guess there's no descriptions, so that's just a guess.
>Enchanter 13
To boost weaponry and general items
>Spear 15
coming back to armour later
>Charisma 18
>Vitality 21
>Heavy armour 25
Of course, you can always cheese this and pick all the permanent boosts and get equipment later. Could I not find a spear sometime later?
Unless you can increase stats like in an RPG, and getting a Boon is just like leveling up.

For that "Change the world"/"kinda like Magicalrealm but not really I hope" CYOA I'll go make and finish today, for better or worse, how do I avoid it becoming an imbalanced mess?
I want you to pick enough things to feel like you made a significant difference and you matter in the new world, but not so many points you're God.
I want each option to have purpose, even if one doesn't speak to you personally.

Which "hero" would punish a gorgeous angel for spreading true love and happiness? No hero would. It's the perfect love crime!

I tend to design a test villain, one who is about as powerful as you want us to be at best. Then make a few builds with your cyoa, compare to that villain, adapt and repeat until it's balanced.

Or just guess it.

Did someone edit out all the text to troll us or something?

I think Dungeon Meister.

What about you?

I liked A quiet CYOA's settings.

but there's no villain.
So you're saying "see what the most destructively powerful build you can make is"? I mean, the big thing is whether you want personal change, or change to the world. So I definitely want you to be Hugh Hefner + [Insert multi-billionaire] + Superman, OR you can change the world instantly.

>how do I avoid it becoming an imbalanced mess?
limit how much complication person can take and use points in one category(mostly straight powers boosts)

Quiet was the bomb diggity. Disappointed that it never got finished.

I still have some of the discussion threads saved.

A hero with a penis. So all of them.

Kingdom Crusher/Diplomacy

My songs make men reveal their true heart's desire: to spread happiness and love amongst one another.

We'll do this together!

I was planning to only have two/three (third being "local") categories:
>World-spanning
which cost more, of course, since they affect about 7 billion people and/or the earth
>Personal
which would be retardedly good and almost only cost bronze coins since they only affect one person. Plenty of fetish shit in here.

>Let anons fill all the gaps
>All conjecture, no solid clue and nothing based on references.
>Quiet blatantly state he has notes on all the hidden lore, yet never confirmed or shown anything

Quiet CYOA is so deep guys. Quiet user is a genious.

Maybe just have each option change the world, then give you a minor boon related to the change?
For example
>Magic: Everybody gains a mana pool they can use to cast spells, but only 10% start with enough mana to do more than light a candle.
>You become a magical prodigy, able to perform feats like making fridges disappear without training or technique. You're by no means the most powerful in the world, but you have a good head start.
or
>Beauty: Everybody becomes more attractive by your definition. Even those with deformities won't rate less than 7/10 on the 'old' scale.
>You may alter your form within human limits (This won't cure you of anything Health fixes), so long as you become more attractive and are still vaguely recognizable as you.
or
>Peace: Humanity collectively decides that maybe this Ghandi guy had the right idea after all, and stops fighting wars. The rates of violent crime go down (but still exist), and everybody becomes harder to incite to anger.
>You have full control of your emotional state at all times. Nonemotional physiological responses (such as libido) remain unaffected.

Don't forget the golden rule: if your mother wouldn't disown you for it, it's not fetishy enough.

I know you're being sarcastic, and I never liked it either.

It all felt like meandering bullshit, and there was nothing to really grab my attention.

>spoiler
I wasn't around then. Any chance you could post 'em? I'm rather curious

I just want to build a new and better family for myself and get some magic too. No other cyoa has Quiet's in terms of siblings, parents, and family options in general combined with a fantasy setting.

Dragonborn had potential but it died.

Race: Northern Human
Class: Summoner (Conjurer+Warlock)
Equipment: Robes, Staff
Prowess: Magic, Perception
Inferiority: Strength

My main goal is to join up with a capable band of adventurers to plunder ancient ruins and go on quests, though I'll spend my own time trying to expand my own power through bargains with powerful spirits.

For balance, you could roll completely random builds somehow, and ask yourself "Would I be okay with buying this build, or is there something I really want to trade out?"
If you find yourself wanting to replace one option every time it comes up, you might want to buff it - same goes for nerfing things you always swap out for.

>Maybe just have each option change the world, then give you a minor boon related to the change?
well... that's not exactly what I had in mind, but I'm still watching Archer while drinkingalcohol just kicked in while writing this, still got half the glass to go, so nothing is solid yet.
I don't enjoy "Magic is real oh and you're the 17/10 best mage ever even if you never train". I'd rather "you're above average, spend a bronze point to be exceptional (0,01%), spend silver coin to be 10/10 best mage evar".
It's definitely possible, but I'll have to think on it.
I definitely like your idea of crime, I wanted to add that as a worldspanning/local thing (crime doesn't exist / crime around you doesn't exist)
I don't think my fetishes are that bad, but I could be wrong.
She hates flamboyant gays, so I imagine anything but straight men liking vagina is bad for her.

- Magitek type

- Synthetic Skin
- Machine Spirit
- Hidden Arsenal (Upgraded)
- Mind Link (Upgraded)
- Creativity

- Slice of Life

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/quiet cyoa/

You can find them on archive. There was some great theories going on and the creator actually confirmed what was true and what wasn't.

Undead 4
Lich 6
Warlock 12
Gunslinger 18
Gun 22
Armor Light 24
Catalyst: Palm beeds 26
Boon: Magic 29

Curse: Deformed 29

Bullet Hell

Were those theories even necessary? I remember the Babylonian magic school heavily implied the teachers were up to something, and that there was some demon shit going on too. That's more than enough info for me to build with. You could also avoid most of it by being nobility which practically made you untouchable in that setting.

For the magic thing, I mostly intended it to be "You're good at magic, but people will get much better than you if you don't train", meaning a starting point of around the top hundredth of a percent of the population.

Yeah... I'd like to throw some gold coins at that option to just make me amongst the best always unless I deliberately ignore my training for years. Hard work is not the Veeky Forums way.

Pokemon Personified

i THINK i'll go with this one ,actially. Sounds more fun.er'll dssee.
coukd always do a seocnd edition in the same vein.
yes. good. adding shit to the list,.
I already can't see clealryly. this gonna be good.

actually no, according to my word document right now it's still two sections.
but it can change, yah. Of course, when you make a world change, it'll affect you. You'll get magic if you implement magic into the world, you just won't be amazing without an added cost.
Fuck, Ireally do think it'll end up either underpowered where you feel indiadequate, or overpowered twhere' you abecome a god.
I am not alcoholic, so stop thinking it.

Yall motherfuckers need some creativity.

Race: Taurus: 5 (20)
Class: Cleric: 4 (16). Seer (12).
Equipment: Mace (10). Gun (6). Heavy Armor (2). Kite Shield (0).

Lets go on an adventure to spread the good word of cow jesus.

Then you'd have to look for the option that makes you stop being lazy.

Minor addendum besides telling you you've had more than enough alcohol for one CYOA is that each half of the personal/global pair powers should be roughly the same power except in exceptional cases - it helps prevent people loading up on one type of change and ignoring the other.

I said in that you could help balance by rolling random builds and seeing if they're close to what you want.

>stop being lazy

How exactly is it lazy to want to be naturally gifted to the extent that hard work becomes mostly irrelevant? That's no different from how most characters in most fantasy novels get their powers.

Has there ever been multiple CYOAs set in one universe?

I've been thinking of doing that.

>spoiler
But I just added more alcohol
Screw you, I don't have a problem. Not yet.
>each half of the personal/global pair powers should be roughly the same power except in exceptional cases - it helps prevent people loading up on one type of change and ignoring the other.
I can't comprehend what that means

>tfw don't know the extent of my fetishes so can't add them to my cyoa
>tfw can't enjoy your cyoas because there's no imagination: My writing is law

okay writing begins now. Underscided whether to post it when i'm done, or tomorrow, since I can't read responses as they come in if I dso the latter

Multiple:

Island, Worm, Conduit, Travellers (Same cyoa verse anyways), I think Italics; New World and Quests cyoas are set in the same universe. SDA's Angel/Demon Roommates and so on.

>Name: The Lumberjack
>Race: Ent
>Class: Berserker+Beastmaster
>Weapon: Great Axe
>Armor: Medium
>Prowess: Strength+Vitality+Speed
>Treasures: Unique Weapon
>Complications: Deformed
>Inferiority: Charisma

Ironically using the magical axe Parash that killed its clan, the Lumberjack uses its rage and animal companions to fight until it can fight no more.

The fight against the wielder of Parash nearly killed the Lumberjack, leaving it fairly disfigured. It holds little love for the fleshy races below it, working for them occasionally, but not being particularly likable or charismatic.

It isn't.
Getting a power to make you less lazy makes it easier to train to keep your magic strong.

Yeah, tons.
Even someone from Reddit has done that.

It means that each "The world doesn't change, but you can do X" choice makes it easier for the player to become Jesus.

Would a MLP themed cyoa be against the rules?

>It means that each "The world doesn't change, but you can do X" choice makes it easier for the player to become Jesus.
I stil don't understand
I'm really lookiung forward to seeing how broken this cyoa will be
yes, horsefuckiun gis against the rules

They get deleted ever time they're posted.

Yes, and you would be forever remembered as being a bigger fag than OP.

Where could I find these forbidden apples?

Yep, go to /mlp/ for that.

Now that won't do, no way.
You will need a guardian.

Race: Angel (26)
Classes: Paladin (22), Learner (20)
Equipment: Ultra Greatsword (16), Heavy Armor -4 (12), Tower Shield (9)
Prowess: Strength (6), Vitality (3), Speed (0)
Curses: Deformed +4
Inferiority: Charisma +3

You do it, I'll have your backs covered.

No harm shall befall these two. None can stand against the righteous might of the faithful, and the will of god.

Just, don't. Fucking don't. They have a containment board for a reason. Post that kind of shit over there.

The more options you give to sacrifice global changes for personal power, the easier it is for someone to break it.
Tying each global change to a personal power (and vice versa) helps standardize both.

>No harm shall befall these two. None can stand against the righteous might of the faithful, and the will of god
But God hates fags user.

So you want to help kill off every race thanks to homosexuals not producing offspring?
You're a villain.

If you can sing straight people gay, does that mean that you can also fix gays with music?

My songs remove will remove brain washing, and help people grow more in tune with their actual desire for love instead of others.

It doesn't say on the CYOA that Angels are good. They might be the "hurr durr Lawful" kind that SMT loves to spit out.

ah... yes, changing to give a small, personal boon to Global changes.
running through magical realm now for ideas

My songs will make all the women who hear them unbearably thirsty for cock and submissive to men.

Now this is an angel I can get behind.

Do they work on you too?

Angel war?

I am okay with this.
Well, except it leaves open the risk of NTR

Clearly God has decided fantasy mankind has reached its end and is now sending angels to make everyone lesbian or gay so this generation will be the last. It his will!

Yep. But I'll win 'cause god hates fags.

Race: Undead Spectre -6
Class: Gunslinger -6
Ranged weapon: two guns -8
Armour: Light -2
Prowess: Perception -3
Treasures: Two unique weapon's -6
Curses: Vampire +3
Inferiority: Charisma +3
DIE DIE DIE

But by the time they hear it all men will already be gay, user
They will fend off the turbosluts or kill themselves in the process of

No, because that's how I was to begin with.

Just make them thirsty for their husband's cock and only that cock. Like Monster Girl Encyclopedia.

pic related?

Well, in that case~
Dibs. You are now mai waifu.

> Nothern
A U T I S M

Clearly not

Angel(19)

Elementalist (16)
Alteration(13)
Warlock(7)

Combo:
Alchemy(4)

Catalyst:
Beads(2)

Armor:
Robes(1)

Drawbacks:
Vampire(4)
Strength Inferiority(7)

Shield:
Energy(5)

Revival ring(0)

Magical creature come to dominate the world and help the homo angels achieve their goals. LF> people interested in creating new races from scratch and ruling the world.

As such the angel's quest comes to end, forever dammed to be user's waifu while homosexuality continues to rage on the world she abandoned.

God's plan.

>implying you can call dibs

Please, she'll just suck everyone else's dicks while you're not looking.

I am a fan of this,

One can be a waifu and have a mission still, user.

Fucking hell, what the fuck is up with the fucking angels in this fucking thread, fuck.

I really, really wanted this to be finished. On the other hand, it inspired me to run an ERPG with a bunch of friends ... which soon evolved into a proper RPG, with my players turning into Bond villains, trying to take over the world.

of course

Clearly angelanon's research has paid off and she has found a way to multiply. The End is nigh.

>mfw I caused the Angel Wars

I-I just wanted to post a new thread...

I'm We're cool, right?

I don't think having a clock in your eye is healthy. You should get that thing checked out.

Please If God wants to wipe out humanity he goes the direct route, not pussyfooting around with indirect solutions.

>Ent: Dryad 20
>Alteration 17
>Manipulation 13
>Enchanter 10
>Robes 9
>Prowess: Charisma, Magic, Perception 0

I ignore the large number of angels preaching about sexuality and conquer the world while nobody's looking.

I'm assuming their cost means that Dryads aren't tied to one tree (or at least can choose a bonsai).

Reducing all the races by 4 points, the armors by 1, and only giving 20 points would be more intuitive.
A one-sentence description for each option would be really nice, too.

Don't tick her off, user.

okay, going in raw.
we'll see whatever comes out two/three horus from now.
already wrote out shit, but nowt enough fetish shit. No angelanon option, no monstergboy gur option

Some of you angels are okay, don't come to manipulative bard collage tomorrow
-t. specter

If you guys want, I can post a WIP CYOA to simulate discussion about non sex angel related material.

How lewd is it?

No lewdness.

Why would we want that?