MtG Standard

Fuck! Moar Meme Decks edition

So now we have the MonoBlue/UB Brain Meme Deck, Monoblue Prison Deck and UR Flying Dudes decks, which performed quite well in their own GPs. The typical questions:

What you brewing?
What are you playing?
Will Meme Decks change the actual metagame?
Do they have potential to become Tier 1 decks or they will be just be a joke deck?

What is a Meme dek?

I dont get it, what are those cards on OP's pic? What is the sinergy?

each represents a different deck, which the eternal faggot known as OP deemed as a meme deck.

But aren't all standard decks meme decks?

Based on the way people use it here, it means a deck which isn't aggro or control.

I've been tooling a ub tide brains deck that so far has allowed me to live deliciously. 75 cards but I play 3 player ffa. I was amazed I was able to control the board vs two players. Got to 2 HP, stole someone's griselbrand and then had to explain how lifelink actually works (b-b-but you only get the toughness of the creature he hits! Oh my poor sweet child, let me introduce you to how it really works) got back to 17 life, 2x rise from tides for 52 zombies and countered a board wipe with ten cards left in the deck.

Currently don't have a full playset of brains but will certainly be my next purchase. What a fun as hell deck that I think will see more creative decks from in the future.

But the UR flyers looks like an aggro deck with Goldnight Castigator as a beater.

Brains and Jace Sanctum looks like terrible cards to play.

Is saying "No" a meme deck?

I think that's better suited for a thread about casual decks.

And the Sideboard

The deck itself is entirely standard and the fifteen extra were added just for that game. The deck has been consistently decent. Mono u brains/ub brains is actually a fairly competitive deck for how budget it is. I think brain in a jar is highly misjudged as a junk card.

I have a mono U brains, but a 3 player FFA with Grisel in play isn't exactly the best way to know if the deck has performed well in a semi competitive setting (like FNM).

I have a clue list that runs second harvest + ghirapur AEther grid. its really fun but ill only post it if someones interested.

Dunno about U/R Flying, but MonoBlue Prison is pretty competitive (and fucking annoying). Only G/W Tokens can stop their plan since Dromoka command can target it easily.

Plz no more Meme decks. go shove it up your ugly ass.

check out this fuckign meme deck, made like 2 blocks late.
note that the single ojutai and the 2 swift reckonings are budget concessions, and that 2 haven of the spirit dragon are in the land list

lands (25)
u/w stuff

creatures (15)
4x Topplegeist
4x Orator of Ojutai
1x Dragonlord Ojutai
3x Icefall Regent
3x Sunscorch Regent

noncreatures (20)
3x Epiphany at the Drownyard
2x Descend upon the Sinful
1x Declaration in Stone
4x Silumgar's Scorn
3x Ojutai's Command
3x Stasis Snare
2x Swift Reckoning
2x Void Shatter

Would a ur brains burn deck be too slow?

nothing is too slow for standard, senpai. it's just a question of what spells youre casting.
I dont really know the best options in the colors, but instant speed firecraft seems alright

So is fourjacelmao still the hot meme or can you get by with less?

Asking for a friend.

just dont play blue you dumbus.
alternatively, I think the more aggressive bant lists run less than 4 in the sideboard plus uw humans doesnt run jace

>want to run BU zombie/demonic pact jank
>need 4x Jace, at least 3x Liliana

fuck this gay format

What's the monoblue prison deck?

The monoblue deck with Jace's Sanctum and UB Brains are too slow to beat any good aggro deck. Luckily for them this is kinda a slow meta, and the only aggro deck you see around is White Humans, which doesn't have any reach in form of burn spells and has serious problems with Languish and sucesive Engulfs.

UR Flyers is better, but even when it's good it ain't great. It makes fine in the meta because decks like 4C Rites and BG Aristocrats that flood the ground with crap or PW heavy decks are very vulnerable to fliers, even more if they're flashy or hasty. Again this deck is pretty vulnerable to aggro decks (a 2/1 Flash flier 2 drop trading with a 1 drop like Zurgo or a goblin token is not quite efficient, Castigator is no help in mainboard).

I know because I've been playing a version of Atarka Red that went 5-0 somewhere and I beat the shit out of any monoblue/brain deck and have kind of easy matches against UR Flyers.

whatever cuck

Brains is the weakest of the 3 meme decks gay OP mentioned. Monoblue Prison is hard if they get the 1cmx rtifact on earlier turns. The keep winning life aand making our threats useless cause of engulf and send to sleep. Going for discard is too risky since they got the 1cmc sorcery counterspell. Some lists are pñaying Physic Rebuttal to counter our discard and copying it to discard our spells.

Im running U/W humans and I aam pretty fucked if I dont ddraw the negate.

Not but I agree with him. just shove it up your ugly ass and fuck off.

>3-drops for 1: The Card looks like a terrible card to play

I just tried it on xmage. Didn't know Prison was the name of the Jace's Sanctum deck. Played against a guy playing some version of GW Tokens. Deck felt good even against the constant Dromokas Command on my Jace's Sanctum.

Again, Engulf the Shore against decks that fill the board with tokens and creatures with +1/+1 counters is the real deal. And the Engulf+Day's Undoing combo to shuffle all their threats makes wonders.

But a truly aggro deck just goes way too fast for this deck. The fastest thing you can do to truly deal with any of your opponent's creatures is Turn 4 Engulf. You can Hydrolash Turn 3, but that's not the best thing ever.

Day's Undoing will also be way worse, 'cause you'll be giving opposing red deck 7 cards when he's probably almost empty handed, and there's quite a chance you're giving them burn spells or hasty creatures like Lightning Berserker or any combination of creatures + Reckless Bushwacker.

I believe it depends on the mwta. At my LGS the prison deck works okey since there are not many red decks playing here. Bant Humans, Monowhite/UW Humans, B/W Eldrazi and B/G Season Past is all over the place.
A perfect meta for Prison Decl to shine.

samefag, so obvious 0/10. unless your a whiteknight.