Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #35

>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin:

pastebin.com/MDdaFHb0

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You and Chiaotzu escaped from the illusion planet that took the form of Brench and made it to Metamor, where you learned about their Fusion Dance technique, attempting it with a suspiciously familiar redheaded girl and... not quite getting it on the first try. But this little detour seems to have been cut short, as Chiaotzu warns you of Lazuli attracting the attention of Cooler!

Previous thread: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47473562/

youtu.be/NLOxUvbGG1I

Hoo boy this sounds like a mess in the making. "Now, hold on, what do you mean by that? How'd she get the attention of Cooler?"

Chiaotzu lowers his head sadly, presenting you with a piece of what looks like paper. "This is being broadcast over several systems. People here just picked up on it. It's..."

"A wanted posted?" you ask aloud, looking it over. You can't quite read it, but it's exceptionally clear what it's stating. There's an image of Lazuli on it, mostly disguised with what seems to be some kind of face-concealing scarf and rather loose garments, but... there's this look of fire in her eyes. As if she'd seen deepest, darkest regions of the Demon Realm.

And resolved to not rest until she stopped it.

Gods, what's she been through? Chiaotzu looks up at you nervously. "They know what she looks like. We need to get to Brench soon."

>A. All right, let's get to the ship
>B. ...you know, she might be doing fine if she's lasted this long on her own, let's try to investigate this a bit first
>C. Something else?

>>A. All right, let's get to the ship

>A. All right, let's get to the ship

>B. ...you know, she might be doing fine if she's lasted this long on her own, let's try to investigate this a bit first
Good help is better than quick help, generally.

Picking up some supplies for the trip may not be a bad idea. Never know when you're going to need to do some quick fixes on the ship, or if there's any way to install modules on the ship to make it more stealthy for a better getaway.

In addition, Maple knows that Cooler is at least as strong as 2nd or 3rd form Frieza, who was capable of crushing them pretty handily. Taking a moment to investigate more about this fusion dance or any other interesting techniques that the Metamorans might have could be useful when they go to rescue her.

I agree with this actually. Though at 640,000 she's pretty much nearly a match for third form Freeza. Maybe we can start preparing the lawsuit?

This. We might need some gear moving forward.

You are about to agree with him, but stop and think it over. "Wait... Chiaotzu, I know gut instinct is to try and get her out as soon as possible, but if we rush into this without a plan... well, it'll just end poorly for all of us."

"But Maple, if we don't act soon, Lazuli-!"

"Will be able to handle herself. We've got to put some faith in her if she's made it this long. Do you really think any of us can stand against Freeza or Cooler yet, especially if we just rush in there without a real exit strategy?" you ask calmly. "We'll meet up again soon, I know she needs our help, but we can't do anything without gathering some more information first, forming some kind of plan. Something that'll give us an edge if we're confronted with Cooler."

He frowns and attempts to protest, but lacks an alternative and merely nods. "Well... what do you propose?"

You take another look at the paper. "Hrmn... first off, let's get some information on what all this says. Could give us something to work off of."

>A. Try for one of the locals
>B. See if that other redhead and her bodyguard know anything
>C. Try to find that blue alien man again, he seemed knowledgeable
>D. Something else?

Hi Kato

I managed to pick up that spaghetti and cook it on my own.

>but... there's this look of fire in her eyes. As if she'd seen deepest, darkest regions of the Demon Realm.
>And resolved to not rest until she stopped it.

Early Hatchiyack? :D

>C
Perhaps this could both get us the and a new buddy.

If we're going to mount a proper rescue, we're going to need information about the planet that Lazuli is on, such as the location of planetary spaceports, weather, maps, and any type of planetary phenomenon that might aid/hinder rescue attempts. We're also going to need to plan exactly where we're going to run and where to lay low after we pick up Lazuli and blast off the planet she's on. Can't have the PTO tracking Maple & Co. back to Earth. We're gonna need a detailed galactic map for that, as well as any local information on that planet that we can get our hands on.

That blue dude seemed to know a lot about ki manipulation, seeing as how he was able to defuse Maple & Alena. He'd be a good person to approach about teachable stuff.

>D. Something else?
Samma Ditthi!

We can go to the planet of instant transmission where the Ginyu Force got knocked the fuck out on.

I'll support some Soba action.

PLANET YAAAARDRAT!

I was confused when you said "blue alien man" before I realised your language also include light blue as blue.

Buddhism does not work on wanted posters.

Right, only normal posters. I forgot.

I suppose Buddhism DOES work beyond the 4th wall.

The PTO uses paper? What kind of space business are they running?

One with cheap trees

Maybe hunt down the redhead but contact that blue guy psychically, I bet anything he know brain-fu

Space Paper. Made from special trees. Ones from the planet of Malchior 7, where the trees are three hundred feet tall and breath fire! It is from these trees that such paper was forged, two thousand years ago, using ancient blood rituals of the Malchior people!

Sounds like a PTO thing to do.

Mahogany.

why is everything extremely hazardous in this empire. We have the giant flame trees, sentient storms, the rocks that come alive and bite you, the corn inhabited by the angry ghosts of dead bacteria, and don't get me started on Cooler Planet 259 codename "Felarya".

I'd wager that (((someone))) is making it so that every time we need to collect a raw resource, there's horrible death and maiming, so that (((someone))) makes money from selling all these expensive medical procedurs, weapons, and slave soldiers, and that (((someone))) is intentionally preventing the public from knowing about the normal fucking trees on the normal fucking planet that don't have any evil space aztec voodoo missile warheads and can just be made into normal fucking paper.
Or have you not noticed that literally ALL of our medical patents are owned by the same 3 (((someone)))s?

...wait are we talking about the PTO or the Imperium of Man?

The Imprerium of Man are just unannounced tennants on PTO space that don't pay rent. In other words, they're all a bunch of squa-

Legos are more powerful than GW could dream of being

"I think I might be able to find someone who can help us. Let's see..." You try to sense around for that strange individual, but you can't quite get a reading on his Ki. Honestly it didn't seem like he had a lot to begin with, but maybe it's something like Konpei. Agh... but still nothing. Maybe... "Samma Ditthi!"

You sort of let things filter through your mind, trying to see if you can find some kind of signal similar to what you sensed from that blue alien. You feel a number of people standing out, some seeming like decent folks, some seeming like scheming jerks, most just feeling... average. Aha, there's a somewhat familiar presence. It's... someone who seems to have something he's hiding, a feeling of greater importance, almost like...

...and suddenly the only intention you can sense is a desire for more ice cream.

'It's not nice to try and peek into people's minds, you know.' the alien's voice echoes into your mind. It's... strange, like a sort of loud whisper of telepathy. 'I've already given you some help, Mrs. Maple. You really shouldn't try to rely on more of it.'

'It's about our friend, Mister... uh, what's your name, exactly?'

The individual is suddenly just a couple meters away from you. "You can call me... 'The Pilgrim.'" He notices the paper in your hand. "Hrm... let me see that for a moment."

You and Chiaotzu look at each other with mild suspicion of the man as you give him the paper. "You definitely know more than you seem to let on, 'Pilgrim.' So how about pushing us in the right direction?"

(cont.)

"Perhaps." he responds, reading the paper. "Inciting riots, disturbing the peace, vandalism, attacks on high-ranking officials, open rebellion, conspiracy to start rebellion, besmirching the name of Lord Cooler, theft, oh my, your 'friend' here seems to be in some deep trouble." He takes another bite of his ice cream and rubs his chin contemplatively as he hands the wanted poster back to you. "...if I were you, I'd suggest making contact with her through some secure connection. Somewhere that can't be traced. Set up a point on Planet Brench in a more remote region to meet with her. Most of all, do not try to engage Cooler directly. None of you could hope to defeat him on your own." You notice him mouth the word "yet" silently.

"Is there anyone we should seek out for extra help? Like that Alena girl I met earlier." Worth a shot.

The alien gives a curious look, then gazes in another direction. "...perhaps it is best to let that girl be. She and her attendant are going to be quite busy soon, from the sound of things."

"...and how do you know that, exactly?" you ask with a suspicious frown.

He chuckles softly. "My hearing is some of the best in the universe. Ah, that girl can not say no to people in need." His eyes seem to glance at you quickly as he says that, and then up at a clock. "Oh, would you look at the time! My movie is about to start. You two take care now."

Oh no he doesn't. "W-wait, I've still got more questions, 'Pilgrim!'"

He turns and smiles. "You have about a month to get everything set up. Do not delay."

Gods damn it why do all these mysterious assholes have teleporting powers?! Agh... you're gonna have to learn that one of these days.

>A. Contact King Kai and see if you can get in touch with Lazuli
>B. Try to find Alena anyway
>C. Check how long it'll take to get there on your ship
>D. Something else?

Oh god, I fucking hated Space Alcoholic Quest. Cut that out.

I love SAQ, so keep it coming.
>A. and in the meant time...

>D. Something else?
Perfect Fusion.

Ditto. Hope Eail feels up to running it again soon.

I bet you also love Metamucil, Polio, the Phonograph, a nice piece of fish, segregated water fountains, senior citizens' discounts at Perkins family restaurants, erectile dysfunction because of carotid penile arteries, deviled eggs as an entree, and liking Ike?

Nah, he just went in stupid directions with that quest all the time.

This. Also Eail's current Quest is pretty good. The dice hate his guts and loves the protagonist.

What is it about? Vampire Uchihas?

WW2 American Soldier joins team of Allied Forces who are also supernatural. Managed to bag a Nazi girl and take down six soldiers in a second.

Like, we fucking told him so much that we wanted to do machines when he ASKED us what approach we wanted to take, and then did those horrible spirit quest arcs anyway. Eail wastes peoples' time is what he does.

Can't even write a good romance to save his life. The least he could do is rip something off rather than just throw a relationship into our laps.

At least we got X and...
Laser Sabers

The quest was still plagued by all that I'll Face Myself bullshit. He couldn't even think up a good power-up for Maple and had to use a Predator as an enemy, Eail just lacks innovative thought.

Ok. Was there anything you say you liked about Eail?

Well, his characterizations were pretty good, though he could stand to be more flexible for what the MC can accomplish. RIP Saiyan Warrior Quest, got too intense for Eail to plan out.

Laserswords get out!

He should focus less on giving the players a waifu if he isn't good at writing smut.

You didn't write him teleporting away, that's kinda awkward.

Can we get Battle Jackets instead?

Ironman/Master Chief inspired instead of the gigantic clunky armor that dumb name army had.

If anything we're getting an SD Gundam

I liked SD Gundam so I am okay with this.

ANOTHER OBSTACLE IN THE PATH OF JUSTICE HAS FALLEN BEFORE ME

CAN ANYBODY PROVIDE ME WITH A DECENT CHALLENGE?

You and Chiaotzu head back to the spaceport to check in on your ship, your friend sharing with you some food he got earlier. Now... let's think up a good joke to get this started. 'King Kai, what do you call a ghost working at a hotel? An... inn specter!'

That gets his attention. Hah, and that was one of brobro's. 'Hoooh... thank you, Maple, needed that. What's the situation?'

'Lazuli's being targeted by Cooler, and we need to contact her to get her out of there.'

There's a moment of silence. '...oh this isn't good. She's... oh no. Let me get her.'

A minute of waiting feels like an hour, but he manages to connect you two telepathically. 'Maple? Chiaotzu? What's wrong?'

'You've gotta know by now what's wrong, Cooler's after you!'

'I know.' she responds calmly.

...wait what? 'W-well, we've gotta find a place to meet up, Chiaotzu and I are headed there ASAP.'

'...can it wait until Cooler's arrived?'

What. 'Lazuli that's exceptionally risky, you know how strong he is, right?'

'He's even stronger than you probably think he is. But I've planned this out far too well to let it go to waste.'

(cont.)

You... aren't liking where this is going. 'Lazuli, just what have you been planning?'

'To stop a tyrant.'

...she's serious. 'Look, don't get me wrong, I can see where you're coming from, but how exactly are you going to do that? You just said he's even stronger than I think he is, how are you going to pull this off?'

'We've got a plan all ready. We don't have to fight him directly. We can let the star of Brench take care of him.'

'Lazuli that's not going to work!' King Kai warns. 'You'll be risking this all for nothing!'

'We have the details down. Don't worry, this should be enough to stop that monster.'

'Sis, why are you doing this?' Lapis' voice can be heard. 'I don't want you ending up here as well.'

'Because I'm not going to let more people be manipulated into fighting and dying for him!' she shouts in response. 'Freeza might be the oppressive brother, but Cooler, he's far more sinister. He presents himself as the "Good Cop" to Freeza's "Bad Cop," the fairer of the two. But he doesn't care about the well-being of his so-called subjects. He cultivates a cult of personality around him, makes himself to be a sort of people's champion, but he'll just as easily torture and maim those who dissent. He'll make examples of them. I've seen it first-hand. Doesn't matter who it is, nor how old, nor how harmless they are. And he covers it all up in propaganda. He... I'm going to make sure he's stopped.'

Chiaotzu nudges you in the arm. "It'll take about 25 days."

>A. Lazuli, we're coming immediately, please don't do anything reckless
>B. ...just how do you plan to do this? How is the star going to stop him?
>C. Something else?

'King Kai, what do you call a ghost detective working at a hotel? An... inn specter!'
FTFY

shit

that works better

"Is this like the Saiyans with the Blutz Waves? Do Brenches get stronger with this star? Is that common? Is there a specific type of celestial body for every race? A Tuffle Star would be really useful."

>C. Something else?
"King Kai can you contact Yardrat for me? Get me the strongest power level you feel there. That person defeated the Ginyu Force, perhaps he could help us prepare against Cooler? Then I can teach Lazuli fusion while we gather our allies together. We need to pool our resources together and figure out our plan attack with what we've got."

>C. Ah, planning to catapult him to the center of a star with a spaceship? Cool. How are you gonna get him on that spaceship, though?

>Lazuli becomes a freedom fighter planning on assassinating Cooler
I'm on board with this.

I don't think there's any spaceship that's rated to take Ki blasts or punches fired by people who have PLs in the hundreds of millions.

What if we strapped him in a gravity room ship, turn it over x1000 and shoot the ship at ftl travel right into the star?

It's not a matter of power, it's speed. Katas Jr.'s ship, the slow dust bucket it is, was able to travel from Earth to Jupiter pretty quickly. The distance between the Earth and the Sun is shorter than the distance between Earth and Jupiter. If we could surprise Cooler, he'd be Toaster.

Is that sun really powerful?

It killed Broly.

Sunny D is backed by it. Do you question Sunny D's power?

Cooler's between a kamehameha and a sun moment vaporized his body from the neck down and popped his head off towards New Namek at FTL speeds, you tell me.

>popped his head off towards New Namek

Is that where the Big Gete Star was closest too and why Cooler didn't just go to Earth and wreck it again?

Dragon Balls?

Well. Now you're curious. '...just how do you plan to do this? How is the star going to stop him? Brench folks don't like, have some sort of Oozaru thing with their star, do they?'

'W-what? No.' she responds in a mildly disgruntled and confused tone.

'Wait, then... you're going to get his ship to smash into the star somehow?'

'Exactly.' she states pridefully.

King Kai groans in frustration. 'Not only is this plan exceptionally risky and needs to be pulled off perfectly, but it might not even kill him! Cooler's strength is second only to Freeza's, with the durability to match! Do you have any idea what you're trying to pull?'

'We've set up contingencies, don't worry.'

'Sis, please!'

'Lazuli this is crazy!'

'Just... trust me.' Her voice starts to plead. 'We can do this.'

>A. I trust you
>B. Lazuli, they have a point...
>C. Ask King Kai about the Instant Transmission technique, see if the Yardrat that defeated the Ginyus might be able to help
>D. Something else?

>C. Ask King Kai about the Instant Transmission technique, see if the Yardrat that defeated the Ginyus might be able to help

Rolled 1 (1d2)

Ffffffuck I want to agree but Cooler did sort of survive in the movie. Liam guide me!

1 = A
2 = B

A it is then!

>A. I trust you

There is no Gete star to save him... But can Arcosians survive deep space?

Maybe he'll bump into Kars.

'I trust you, Lazuli. We'll try to see if we can help you somehow.' You turn to Chiaotzu. "Right?"

Your friend gives you an uncomfortable look, rubbing the back of his neck, not sure how to respond. "I... guess we can."

King Kai again groans in frustration. 'Maple, Lazuli, you don't understand what you're getting into!'

'Well, how about you help us along then, King Kai? Can you somehow get into contact with the guy who defeated the Ginyu Force? That Instant Transmission technique would be perfect in making sure this goes off without a hitch.'

He sighs in defeat. 'I'll... try.'

'Maple?'

'Yeah Lazuli?'

'Thanks.'

You chuckle softly. 'No prob.'

You and Chiaotzu wait a while for King Kai's response. 'No good. The Yardrats are dealing with another problem right now. From the sound of things, that minion of Towa's is involved, the one who separated you all.'

Agh, damn, that complicates things...

>A. Well, try to make sure you have the fusion dance down, get Chiaotzu to learn it too
>B. Head off, try to meet up with Lazuli and get things set up
>C. Something else?

>A. Well, try to make sure you have the fusion dance down, get Chiaotzu to learn it too

Ask about Olibu's current location too.

>C. Something else?

Ask Lazuli if there's anything she needs in particular for her plan to work. We could see if we can get around to getting some equipment or other components here on Metamor or other planets on the way.

Also, ask King Kai if there are any other likely allies who'd take a chance on something like this. Maybe also ask him what he'd try and do if he had to take on Cooler? King Kai is really not keen on engaging really powerful dudes, but he might have some strategic advice since he's been around for so long.

Would it be possible to teach King Kai the fusion dance to teach Krillin and Lapis?

All we gotta do is show'em telepathically while we do it.

Krillapis....that would make Lazuli feel weird.

Makes Chu Lee feel weird too.
This

This. We should teach as many people as possible the Fusion Dance. It's too good to pass up.

Rolled 16, 2, 17, 7, 15 = 57 (5d20)

Mind rolling me 1d20, best of five? DC is 18.

Rolled 3 (1d20)

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Rolled 17 (1d20)

FOR LESBIAN MOMMY KATO

Rolled 7 (1d20)

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Goddamnit Maple, get your shit together.

Rolled 16, 15, 11, 2, 18 = 62 (5d20)

...welp.

Has Lazuli die?

Well then.

Writing...

Well we can figure out how to defuse properly now I suppose. Never waste a chance to learn something new.

We get to exchange techniques in the meantime!

Hey chat let's build a fusion

FU

SION

HAAAAAAAAA!