He did everything wrong

He did everything wrong.

Atleast he tried, man. You gotta give him that.

Yes, he did.

Pobodies nerfect!

Well yeah, this is WH40K we're talking about here.

Even if he did everything right, why would anything nice come of it? This is 40K.

That's just not true.

His head makes a pretty fucking epic lighthouse when you shine the dying light of 10,000 psykers up his arse.

It's just whenever he had to make a decision he would always fuck it up in the most hilariously and tragically stupid way possible.

But he made an enjoyable movie as a result.

t. Abaddon

I think we can all agree that what happened in Monarchia was a dick move?!

How human of him

That's kind of the point

Not everything but he should have known better.
The most horrible decisions were concerning his sons.
>Giving Angron the command of a legion???
>Chastizing Magnus?
WTF Emprah?

I kind of have trouble believing the millenia-old, indestructible, 10 ft tall super-mega-hyper-ultra arch-genius with psychic powers that literally matched the gods, who could see the future and who was so overwhelmingly and utterly perfect in every conceivable way normal people couldn't stand the sight of him was a flawed human being

One step to making good characters is not checking every fucking box in the Mary Sue checklist

But his heart was in the right place.

Fuck the HH series.

His one thing was super psyker.

All the other stuff was other people. He took all the credit. Everything else was Best Korea propaganda.

>believing imperial propaganda.

Kind of hard to have an omnipotent god that's flawed. Emps made a lot of mistakes and was "human" for it, despite being a perfected form of humanity.
The religion that sprang up around him made him a god.

But he was flawed, even Malcador said it in the HH novels, the view of the emprah as a perfect being is the creation of Lorgar.

Lorgar was spending too much time building cathedrals instead of conquering. He had it coming.
Magnus was using daemons as pokemon. He had it coming.

#EmperorDidNothingWrong2016

Also the view of the Emperor

>Magnus was using daemons as pokemon. He had it coming.

LOL, made me laugh user. Also true.

You have to bear in mind just how much the Emperor depended on Horus to keep his brothers in check.

His flaw was that as a consequence of being of such power is an inability to emphasize with normal human beings, he especially could not understand the human need to believe in some higher power, not to mention the concept of religion was undoubtedly tainted for him due to all the times people went ape in his name.

Plus the Emperor says himself, while he is both supremely powerful and possibly omnipotent he cannot be both at the same time.

Look at the Perpetuals, even they hated him;

Grammaticus was scared shitless.

Ollanius hated how flippant he was when Oll lost his family saying he'd have plenty of time for 'normal lives'.

Alivia thought he was massively arrogant and loathed space marines.

The new story pathway of heaven does give a good reason for the secrecy of the webway project: Navigators would and indeed did find out and attempted to stop it.

Had he just taken his time instead of trying to conquer the galaxy, get into the webway, try to defeat the Chaos gods, etc. at the same time, things probably would have turned out a lot better. He really did care about his sons, as I had just read in Deliverance Lost he had retirement housing set up for them after the Great Crusade ended where they could do whatever they wanted.

He expected his sons, who were grown men most of which had be rulers of their own planets, to act like adults while he did his thing for a decade or so.

The moment the primarchs were spread through the galaxy they were a failed experiment. If they would have grown up on Terra under the Emperors guidance they would have been a whole lot more shiggity diggity

>Look at the Perpetuals
No. They're a shit concept and shouldn't be mentiones.
Impolite sage

>mentiones

Learn how to spell you autistic fuck.

Though yes the perpetuals were a fucking stupid idea and whoever came up with them should be bitchslapped with a nurglite wang.

Personally don't have a problem with perpetuals, they seem kinda useless though. I like them because they have so.e personal insight to Big E. Gramamticus explanation of what he saw in the Emperors mind was cool.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sounds of Perpetuals being a stupid idea. I'm sure your commentary is COMPLETELY valid and not at all insipid, but alas, I still can't hear you over the sound of perpetuals sucking donkey balls.

Shitposting is worse than ill-thought concepts. At least give the user a proper counter-argument instead of whining.

A very small number of humans that can not die in the most ridiculously over the top setting is what triggers you?

Thanks Horus Heresy. Thanks a bunch.

>Ollanius hated how flippant he was when Oll lost his family saying he'd have plenty of time for 'normal lives'.

Source on this?

What find interesting about them is the mystery of their origins. Alivia implies that True Perpetuals (Emperor, herself, and Pious) were created to be resistant to Chaos but despite that they were not immune to temptation.

I want to know who created them and for what purpose.

>He did everything wrong

Yet by His ministration mankind persists.
I suspect a flaw in your reasoning - if any.

He was just a bad judge of character.

He thought he had made Supermen, not ever growing piles of screaming Supermanchildren.

> Giving Angron command of a legion.

This. Had Emps just killed Angron the whole Heresy might have never happened. Keep in mind The XII Legion was quite numerous.

He wouldn't have had to kill him. Angron never wanted the command of the legion to begin with, and just wanted to have died with his techno-gladiator buddies in the sands of (forgot name of planet).

He didnt let me study the Warp and he got angry when I tried to warn him about Horus

Not really.

His whole thing was uniting mankind into a big monolithic block and stamping out any and all religion based on the false assumption that this would starve Chaos.

As it is the Imperium is an extremely fractious theocracy.

To survive the Imperium has given up every stupid thing he was pushing for.

And if he had beamed down the Warhounds, himself and his Custodeus bodyguard he could have made the attacking slaver force back the fuck off through sheer fear.

He then could have bought them all from their rightful owners and freed them all legally once off world.

Angron would then have willingly spent the rest of his days being the Emperor's 100% loyal bodyguard.

This.

You fucked up the project and teared a small anus of terror in Terra, you redneck.

Id like to point out that Horus ripped a bigger anus with the whole daddy issues thingy

Thew right thing to do should have been to tell Magnus to get his ass and all his legion to Terra, get them all inside the Webway and have Magnus legion hold the demons, while he, Emprah, and maybe Malcador fix the web. Problem solved.

But no, he had to send Russ, who already killed two primarchs and hated Magnum plus the Sisters of Silence and the Custodian because reasons. Is stupid. He needed to send a diplomat, like Malcador, not an expeditionary force.

DAT IZ KOZ EE AIN'T GOT DA POWA O GORK OR MORK

Except Magnus has already been tainted by Big Tz and him getting into the webway would just be another one of Tz's just-as-planned coming to fruition.

I like the fan theory that being a reincarnation of numerous souls rather than a single being, he's kinda fucked up when it comes to personal relations

Everyone is john, but with the fate of mankind at stakes

>Emperor
>ever being wrong
That's an Imperium-sized paddlin' if I've ever seen one!

>GORK OR MORK
Why not both?

YOU'Z CALLIN' BOSS?

Fooled again! Or am I? Maybe. Maybe not. Yes. No. Meh. I can only say that everything was JUST AS PLANNED! KEKEKEKEKEKEKE

>But no, he had to send Russ, who already killed two primarchs and hated Magnum plus the Sisters of Silence and the Custodian because reasons
And the only reason Russ killed maggie is fake orders from Horus.

Except Russ didn't manage to kill Magnus.

From what we see of Russ he is fucking useless at being the Emperor's Executioner.

At the end of the battle of Prospero, Magnus realized that we was manipulated by Tz, he was not tainted and he was still loyal.

>And the only reason Russ killed maggie is fake orders from Horus.

That's the reason why an diplomat should have been sent, not an army, Malcador was the ideal choice, he was a fellow psyker, followed the orders of the Emperor only and distrusted everybody. He would have won Magnus over.

In the distant future of the 40th millenium, mankind enjoys perfect, eternal bliss and unmatched control over the galaxy.

Follow the adventures of Ciaphas Cain, who, thanks to living in a post-scarcity society without living enemies, wakes up each day in perfect safety and goes about his day contentedly until the end of his natural life.

>the audience dies of terminal boredom
Anyway, big E is what, a gorillion years old? And made up of the most powerful and intelligent humans to ever walk the earth. If mistakes on his part were necessary for the setting to be the way it is, they should certainly not have been mistakes regular joe schmoes like ourselves could see coming a mile away. He's supposed to be unimaginably more intelligent and perceptive than us. That's the real annoyance Emps's failure.