Warhammer 40k General

Why Even Have Walkers Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=warhammer 40k recast
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do only the tiles with the chikin have fishface?

Walk on this DICK
>unzips docc

Don't know if any of you care but Dawn of War 3 is going to be show at E3 on the 11th.

RTS a shit

Shitty memes come in waves.

I'm sorry.

What are you talking about? Neither of the rulings have anything to do with anything that I've said.

remove chikin
nerf Tau
nerf Eldar
nerf Marines
remove robotic monstrous creatures

Buff Orks
Buff Chaos
Buff Tyranids
Make Warhammer 40,000 Great Again

>RTS a shit

Whats the matter?
Baby needs his phases?
Too slow, old man?

Can you even
MOBA

>Buff Orks
>Buff Chaos
>Buff Tyranids

No

Leave those as is, and buff down

Don't inflate power levels and model counts more than they already have been

This guy gets it.

Whenever I hear someone saying their super heavy should cost as much as a WK by means of lowering the SH I just shake my head.

"Ork boyz should be half the points"
Maybe they should just be better

>750 point game
>playing Space Wolves

In such a small game, what can I do against my opponent's Flyer(s)?

Put my Troops in Razorbacks and give each those OUO Missiles with infinite range and hope it blows them up?

I'm toying around with a cheap HQ, two squads of 9 and 10 Grey Hunters (with the Razorbacks as transports), and fully decked out TWC with THammers and Storm Shields.

But like I said, I am a little worried I'll just get blown up and be unable to touch his Fly shit.

Do you like ranged weapon types as there are, or do you think the system should be changed?

By that, I of course mean assault / rapid fire / heavy / etc.

Whole game needs a rebalancing. Some of the weaker books have near perfect internal balance but are shit because the game is unbalanced in it's approach between assault vs shooting and one codex's power level vs another's.

I play Warhammer not Unitspammer 2015

>750 point game
>against my opponent's Flyer(s)?

Smack them off the table and tell them you arent even at a 1000points. No one should have a flier yet alone multiple fliers. Most of us at my shop start bringing one at 1000 but you see superheavies by 1500, sometimes even 1250.

>Buff Tyranids
>No
Do you enjoy seeing 4 Fly Tyrants every game?

I suppose buffing the nids is the wrong wording. They need internal balance changes more than anything.

>Warhammer not Unitspammer 2015
>not Unitspammer 2015
>2016
>7e

Come on now.

>not Unitspammer 2015

Hows it feel to lose games or play in the kiddie pool?

I think rapid fire should be brought back to how it used to be, where moving limited the weapons abilities. Salvo should be brought into use more as well.

Yes, internal balance is a problem.

My point is that lowering the top books is better than raising the bottom books, because the D6 resolution mechanic falls apart when numbers get too high (see: abundance of AP2's effect on the game).

Honestly I don't really want to play 7th ed 40k, it's only that I have to thanks to everyone else doing so. When I get my own table set up in my house the old books are getting dusted off for sure.

I'll leave all the summoning shit to AoS'ers. but you can have your fun.

I was opposed to Flyers at that level but he insisted since he just finished building his Valkyrie and is excited.

We're doing one 750 no Flyers game and one 750 Flyers allowed game tomorrow and I'm just worried I'll get wrecked for the Flyer game.

I suppose I could just be a smart ass and field a Knight. But who to ally it with? :^)

That picture is incredibly unnerving.

>summoning shit

My last three games have been against:

Tyranids Spamming Hive Tyrants

Ravenwing Spamming Black Knights and Grav Bikers

Leman Russ Spamming IG

Is putting Havocs in a Rhino a bad idea?

>No
user it makes no snese to make everything shit.
The top teir codexes are for the most part well written codexes. They are what every codex should be like: many options for units, reasonable unit prices (except for stuff like the wraithknight), and the ability to feild most any unit and not get tabled.
Dragging codexes down is just retarded. Granted, bringing all the dexes to levels above the cirrent top tier is also stupid. They all need to be brought to the level and quality the current top teir is on.

Also, what the hell do you mean don't inflate the model count? 40k has allowed basically any model count for a long long time. Don't tell me your one of those idiots who think it's supposed to be a small scale skirmish game only.

>Is putting Havocs on he Field a bad idea?

Yes.

Is greentide viable? Want a feral orc army, maybe supported by some mek/steam guns

>unitspammer 2015
Firstly, it wouldn't be unit spammer 2015. It's 2016 user.

Secondly, so what you're saying is you only know the kiddie way of playing RTS games

Sure, I know I hate facing large hordes, it just isn't what I am prepared for with my lists since I never face them.

Get a squigoth if you are serious

what FAQ is he talking about?

hey weak armies, you're units will still not be able to do the things you want them to do, but at least everyone else will be pissed off that they don't have their cool shit either.
Everyones happy.

Valkyrie sucks anyhow. Let him bring the bird

Who are?

>user it makes no snese to make everything shit.
>The top teir codexes are for the most part well written codexes. They are what every codex should be like: many options for units, reasonable unit prices (except for stuff like the wraithknight), and the ability to feild most any unit and not get tabled.

That's all unrelated to power level. Many options and balanced point costs are possible at any level.

>Dragging codexes down is just retarded. Granted, bringing all the dexes to levels above the cirrent top tier is also stupid. They all need to be brought to the level and quality the current top teir is on.

Quality, yes, definitely. Level, why?

Let me put it this one. Two units have the same points costs and statline. However, one is AP6 and one is AP3. Obviously, that's garbage. All I'm saying, is instead of making them both AP3 or AP4, instead make them both AP5 or AP6. Because 40k uses a D6 as its resolution mechanic, it suffers from blanket power creep very easily.

>Also, what the hell do you mean don't inflate the model count? 40k has allowed basically any model count for a long long time. Don't tell me your one of those idiots who think it's supposed to be a small scale skirmish game only.

I mean don't balance by slashing point costs without changing anything else, thereby making a normal sized army $600. Not that buffing lower tier codexes would necessarily do this, but it's a possible pitfall.

The fact that GW makes some units unique by penalizing them doesn't have anything to do with overall power levels.

The 40k Facebook page has been putting out rough drafts for a new round of FAQ's.

Sorry, what Artillery update in the FAQ is he talking about. I don't remember reading anything about artillery in there

The Knights of Crail (Progenitor: Blood Angels)

A Knights of Crail army is selected using the rules in Codex: Blood Angels

We Stand and Fight: Models with Chapter Tactics (Knights of Crail) cannot voluntarily Go To Ground and may not choose to automatically fail a Morale Test. However, they ignore all negative modifiers to their leadership values, regardless of cause.

The Shining Bulwark: Any Tactical Squad Sergeant or Veteran Sergeant with Chapter Tactics (Knights of Crail) may take a Power Sword and Storm Shield for 10 pts. In addition, Space Marines and Space Marine Veterans may take Combat Shields and Power Swords for 10 pts if their Sergeant has done the former.

Do these seem balanced?

They're the only unit in the CSM army that has Skyfire though. Am I better off using a Heldrake with a Hades Autocannon?

Rate my thirty second rebalance. I only did a handful of codexes, you'd need to do the others too, obviously.

All sergeants have +1 to Ld, A, W, and cost 10 pts extra.

Tactical Marine (10 pts)
T4 WS4 S4 I4 A1 BS4 W1 Ld9 3+
Bolter: 24" S4 AP5 Salvo 1/2

Ork Boy (5 pts)
T4 WS3 S4 I3 A1 BS2 W1 Ld6 6+
Shoota: 18" S3 AP- Assault 2
Slugga: 12" S3 AP- Pistol 1

Firewarrior (7 pts)
T3 WS2 S2 I2 A1 BS3 W1 Ld7 5+
Pulse Rifle: 24" S4 AP5 Salvo 1/2

Guardsman (6 pts)
T3 WS3 S3 I2 A1 BS3 W1 Ld7 5+
Lasgun: 24" S3 AP6 Assault 1

Orks, Tyranids, and Chaos need buffed. DEldar need slightly buffed. Eldar, Tau, and Space Marines (Grav Guns and Formations) need nerfed. Necron formations and Gauss Weapons need adjusted, as does Malific Daemonology and a handful of other psychic powers.

10pt powerweapon/shield combo is likely too cheap

>Power Sword and Storm Shield for 10 pts

Maybe 15-20 pt then keep the 10pt per after but 10pt base for searge is too stronk

Two part, crew can't give their gun cover and they don't get t7 for purposes of ID.

Mainly hurts Mek guns though.

Don't CSM get Soulgrinders?

>marine stays the same but drops 3 points
>ork boy drops 1 point but loses 1ws, 1 attack, and 1s on all infnatry guns,

please stop

>I3
>Ork Boy

At what point limit is it acceptable to have ONE squad of las-centurions?

People were doing that? but why.

Vedros PDF out yet for the enjoyment of non-American derphammer variant enthusiasts?

The same point limit where you can affordably buy them a transport.

Usually I see cents from 1+ onward.

>30 points of wargear on sergeants for 10
>tac squads with FC (because blood angels) that can take power swords+invuln saves at a discount
>army-wide stubborn

>"disadvantage" is they can't go to ground

no

also the voluntary fall back thing was only around in the basic codex marines for 5th edition

Okay, my group plays at 1k points and I wasn't sure if bringing one squad to place in cover to get some anti-armor would be acceptable.

>also the voluntary fall back thing was only around in the basic codex marines for 5th edition
and "Our Weapons are Useless!"

>marine stays the same but drops 3 points
>ork boy drops 1 point but loses 1ws, 1 attack, and 1s on all infnatry guns,

Don't compare it to current balance, compare it to itself. Do you have a problem with it for what it is, or only a problem with it relative to the current books? Because the latter doesn't matter, that's the point of a rebalance.

Does it actually seem too much? I can't tell if you're just memeing, or memeing AND trying to make a point.

Power Weapons are overcosted in general, but 10 Points for a Sword and a Storm Shield is too far.

Chaos Daemons get Soul Grinders but CSM don't.

Literally don't even worry about it unless it's one of the SW Stormravens.

You're a faggot. Anything smaller than a Warhound is reasonable to take at any points level (except for the Wraithknight, which would be balanced at 425 points).

Go ahead and bring a Knight, but it won't help you against flyers. It won't even help you in the ground battle. It's a single unit without Objective Secured that takes the place of four OS units.

Please, just stop. Your changes are nonsensical and hideously imbalanced, and what you have posted is meaningless anyways because we don't know what options and special rules things have

Anyone played with the new genestealer cult? Was it fun?

>Anything smaller than a Warhound is reasonable to take at any points level
Now this is a cancerous attitude if there ever was one.

Cover? Ap3 weapons.
ID? Means Painboys are worthless for Mek guns.

okay fine.
>3 point difference gives the marine +1bs, +2ws, +1t, +2s, +2i, +2sv, +2ld over a firewarrior.
They have the same weapons

But you can use other models to give the crew cover, right? And if there's an equal number of crew and artillery, majority toughness becomes T7, right?

Afraid not, the Heldrake lost skyfire in the new Death from the Skies flyer book. Pretty much your only option is to either bring havocs, renegade valkeries, or a lucky flying daemon prince.

I'd assume the question was more about "people trying to use models in a unit to give their own unit cover."

Didn't Orks use to be I3 and B3?

Oh, right. Krak grenades kind of stop that rule from mattering ever, though.

I get why its a GOOD thing, I just don't understand how people could think thats a legit ruling.
I mean that would be like saying "this front row of guardsman is providing cover to the back row" and "since my ethereal is attatched to my commander, he counts as t4 for instant death". It just doesn't make sense.

>, majority toughness becomes T7, right?
You need to reread the rules for artillery.

Now since you make boys into worse guardsmen, you'll of course give them orders, 5+ saves, vox casters, russes and full blown psyker support.

>3 point difference gives the marine +1bs, +2ws, +1t, +2s, +2i, +2sv, +2ld over a firewarrior.
>They have the same weapons

That's at least somewhat intentional.

Maybe I got carried away, but my thinking was Space Marines should be far more reliant on strong dudemen, whereas Tau should be more reliant on suits and tanks and so forth. Their rank-and-file infantry shouldn't be the core of their army in quite the same way as SM. Maybe I nontheless undercosted SM or undergunned Tau (or a bit of both).

artillery is always majority toughness of the guns, no matter the number of models

So like,
>Warboss, PK, BS, Eavy amour
>Lvl2 weirdboy
>10 grots
>4x20 squads of slugga boyz with nob bs pk
>5 kannon mek guns, 5 ammo runts 8 extra gretchin
a decent start for 1000 points?

awkward timing aside: marines rarely ever can take advantage of Our Weapons Are Useless. That "downside" isnt much of a downside. But then again, Stubborn isn't much of a benifit (at least thats what they said when that was Dark Angels only extra special rule)

does anyone know where to find the most recent recaster catalogs? I know yoyhammer has them but for some, like ccon, they seem outdated. I know they don't change them too often but I'm looking for newer models.

>(or a bit of both)
This by a very large degree

>Now since you make boys into worse guardsmen,

They get +1 S, T, and I, a one point discount, and a melee weapon option.

>you'll of course give them orders, 5+ saves, vox casters,

Why wouldn't Orks get their own form of force multiplier?

>russes and full blown psyker support.

Why would Orks not get tanks and psykers?

>Anything smaller than a Warhound is reasonable to take at any points level (except for the Wraithknight, which would be balanced at 425 points).

>mfw 3 Riptide Wing at 750
>mfw 4-5 Riptides at 1000

With all the small and points efficient superheavies running around these days, the Warhound and even Eldar Revenant are barely worth the points. Why take them when you could take multiple superheavies instead?

lmgtfy.com/?q=warhammer 40k recast

This is a WAACfag "anything that my army is poorly optimized to kill is cheese" attitude if I've ever seen one. For 375 points, you can kill any superheavy short of a Warhound or Thunderhawk on the first turn.

Or you could just ignore it and win the game anyway.

What's the best tank-hunter unit for Tau?

riptides aren't superheavies, to start, but a revenant, for the price of ~4 riptides, wins.

Fusion Suits, and Optomized Stealth Cadre

>This is a WAACfag "anything that my army is poorly optimized to kill is cheese"

Bringing a unit that can't be killed without list tailoring to the point that you can't kill anything else, is cheese. At low points values, where there's not much room for redundancy, that includes things like fucking superheavies.

Should Riptides be moved to Heavy Slot?

Is War-Convo acceptable now that they don't get allied transport from the start?

>I should be able to spam flyers and riptides at 750 points
>HE is the WAACfag

Would make zero difference.

everything is a dead dropbox link amigo

Riptides need a 20-30pt increase, a more expensive ion gun, or a 3+ save

> For 375 points you can kill any superheavy on turn 1

I play Space Marines. 300 points nets me 4 Rapier Carriers with Laser Destroyers, which are the strongest of all anti-armour options in the entire game, short of Strength D, which I don't have access to.

What the fuck army are you playing, Eldar? Pretty much only Eldar can kill a titan on turn 1 like that, with only 375 points to spend. This doesn't count, because eldar are fucking niggerfags that shouldn't be allowed to play this game with how fucking broken they are.

did you even try? I'm going to bet you didn't try. Unless google is giving me different results than you, its literally the second result

Possibly all of the above. And remove FnP, since it doesn't make sense on any of the battlesuit larger than XV8.

>Unless google is giving me different results than you, its literally the second result

Google weights results based on past history, especially if you've visited the specifc site multiple times before.

If you have contacts, you can just shoot your recaster an email asking for their Catalogue. The only cat on Yoyhammer that's updated any frequently is the Z catalogue, which is never more than two weeks old, and gets an additional update anytime GW releases something new.

If you don't have any contacts, just post your real name and email in this board, and you'll receive the new contacts.