Character Art : White North Edition

Alternative theme : Jungle / Dinosaurs

I was thinking about doing an africa/dinosaur thing. I tried wording it in a way that sounded less-racist but now it doesn't explain what I want it to.

I chose snow/winter theme on a whim, because the particular opening picture was cool.

I need to maybe find male snow dwellers who are not just barbarian-looking-viking-people.

I wonder what made him take off his clothes.

Maybe so he wouldn't get blood on them.

Maybe because real men don't wear shirts.

We'll never know.

If theres a practical reason beyond "it looks cool" I'd like to know - because it looks cold there.

I guess if I happened to see a person like this in a setting like that I'd nope the fuck out.

Mission accomplished?

Any non-traditional wizards/spellcasters? I'm playing an old man wizard in every sense of the word, but he uses regular armor and a shield, and I can't find any good pictures. I could just use a close up portrait, I guess.

Don't have a lot of pictures of non-adventurers.

Could use more.

I'll see what I can find.

Pic unrelated.

This picture got me thinking, does he have to visibly using magic? Can't you just use a picture of an old-looking warrior/knight person?

Something like this?

Or perhaps this.

Maybe the theme is more the color white than "snow". Pft. Like it matters.

>Alternative theme : Jungle / Dinosaurs
What is this thread even about?

>:
I don't know why I halfassed having a theme when I don't need anything at the moment. It should have been a general character art thread.

I for one can always do with more of this theme for my upcoming campaign

Not OP here, but I've had an interest in Ice-based factions such as the Illians from Fall from Heaven and the Frostlings from the Age of Wonder series. I thank those who contribute so I have assets I can use for my campaign

This is incredibly fitting, thank you.

If pieces of fabric get stuck inside a wound it íncreases the likelyhood of infection by a significant amount.
This is one of the most common explanation for why celtic and germanic people often fought topless.

> Child on a leash
God damn fantasy americans!

If anyone got any snowy tibetan-inspired art I'd love if you'd share it.

Just the thing I want to hear.

I'm trying

This ones a bit further, and it has less squareness that those structures usually have. At least it has some.

This might be more on point, but it doesn't look as cool as the others.

I wonder if I should start organizing landscape/background things I've been collecting.

Heres some off topic landscapes until I come across relevant ones.

And another

Oh god I took me so long to do mine, but it was sort of worth it in IMO. Sure the messiness may seem like home, but organizing them could be really helpful down the line. Especially for these threads

anyone got good pictures of trolls?

I'm kind of looking for ones that are bulkier than WoW trolls, but not as bestial as the LOTR ones.

If you are interested in historic instance of people fighting without clothes you'd might want to read up on the Gaesatae. Those mad frenchies went into battle naked with the exception of possible helmets and jewelry.

Norse trolls best trolls

Got any more pictures that are not that one? I've seen that one several times, just need some more of those.

Just do a google search for John Bauer, he's the bees knees!

Been looking for a picture of an orc belly dancer that i've seen on here before. I thought i had but can't seem to find it

And don't forget, Beowulf was 100% naked when he fought Grendel.

Anyone have any good pictures of a minotaur bow user or a warrior that uses a throwing shield (pretty much Captain America)? Google images is failing me.

I have a specific request: A white/platinum blonde-haired male wizard. Lightly armored warrior works too.

Sort of like pic related but more regal-looking

Like so, or too old?

I was looking for young but he's a wizard so different points in his life is good, thanks

I have the same image saved in a folder somewhere and I swear he looks like he'd trap me in the dungeons and call me Reek

This was meant for you

I got it, that's pretty good.
Also check'd

I have lots of snowy scenery. I'll dump some.

Vikings from "Vikings". I dont know if the previous guy was from something.

Huh - a hail corporate moment. Sort of.

How about Dinosaurs in the White North, is that acceptable?

This is both magnificent and unacceptable in ways I cannot comprehend.

Also is there any more?

In the show I dont remember Ragnar ever being armored like this.

Last I've collected of the set.

There are a few more winter-things I have but I'm reaching the end of anything worth sharing.

So... yes?

Could also be that Dark Age clothing didn't stretch. Stretchy wool was invented in the middle ages.

Cheers mate!

>ti-hi

Looking for cyborgs, perhaps slighty undead looking ones

Why is it always the north that's cold? Make the dang south cold you stupid idiots so that northmen aren't gruff, bearded, fur wearing boremachines.

people speak about the frozen north because there are people who actually live in the northern extremes of various continents on Earth, whereas our south pole is populated largely by birds and various sea critters.

thus, all aesthetics for characters would draw from the known inhabited polar regions of the real world, rather than the southern pole which has never had any people living permanently on it.