Binders, pact makers, summoners, conjurers, alienists

What is your summoners demon's favorite form? Pictures please

Demons a shit. Djinn all the way

Ma nigga.

>Hastur
Your Patron is Shit
SHIT!

There's a reason we almost never invoke the terms of the contract and call on him/her/it. The two times we did so, there was much fallout.

Veeky Forums, I need your help. I tried to perform a summoning ritual to call upon a powerful daemon, but all that has appeared in the summoning circle is a bored looking goat.

Did I make a mistake, or is the goat secretly a daemon trying to trick me? If I attempt to remove the goat from the circle, will it revert to it's daemon form and try to kill me?

What do I do?

It's already too late. You took your eyes off the "goat" to type and that's all that one needs. Circles don't really hold... him. But hey, maybe he's in a good mood if you're lucky?

It's unexpectedly eerie. Especially because he doesn't transform into a chair he(?) just possesses nearby chairs

Um, about that, the situation has developed further.

For starters, it's definitely a daemon. Good news is, SHE seems to be in a good mood.

Bad news is, I still don't have any idea what to do, or what kind of daemon she is. I tried talking to her, and she responded in what I think is High Celestial, but backwards. She doesn't seem to have understood what I said to her.

What exactly have I got here?

Wait, she? You might not be totally screwed then. I can't recall the proper name, which might be important, but She is part of where the term 'scapegoat' comes from. A sort of sacrifice where a goat is ornamented and imbued with the sins of a village before being driven away to die in the wastes, and hopefully carry away the burden of sins while they're at it. So yeah, she's a literal goat carrying the punishments of some ancient village around, or maybe a conglomeration of the souls from such goats? It's hard to say, but she'll probably be less about taking your soul and more trading some sort of favor to you if you accept part of her burden.

Cool. How do I do that tho; I don't know how to speak to it. I've tried speaking Infernal, Abyssal, Hexenspeil, Black Tongue, a little Simplified Truespeak, and even Sylvan. Either she didn't understand, or was too distracted breaking things to respond.

Speaking of which, the daemon has started wandering around my house and seems to be playing, which currently entails breaking my fine china and laughing like a madwoman.

Here's a quick reference drawing of her, also. Does this shed any more light?

>implying making a pact is ever a good choice
but seriously, my last warlock had Acamar as his patron, so I guess pic related?

Oh, I thought you said she was a goat before, not a demon lady with goat features. No clue then, sorry bud. Maybe look up a translator? Break a few things yourself and see if you can get her into something resembling communication?

but that guy died, so right now my character is more of a pseudo-vestige pact-ish (really a cleric) with a bunch of petty gods, so now one of his summoned guys looks more like the frog in pic related

No idea what it is you have summoned but ask her to become your Onee-chan.

>There used to be a smiling face of passing resemblance to you on this coin

Success! The daemon appears to speak biblical Hebrew, which would corroborate the whole scapegoat theory. She also knows a little bit of modern Hebrew and Latin.

We were able to speak for a few minutes, before she suddenly and rudely announced that she was tired, and promptly fell asleep (in my bed, no less). She has a very immature and scatterbrained personality, rarely staying on one topic for long, and often laughing for no good reason.

Although I'm tempted of sharing my bed with her for the night, I think I'm gonna take the cautious route and sleep on the couch. Plus, she keeps laughing in her sleep, and that's giving me the heebie-jeebies

I asked her that. She told me, "Rah! Loh Shaitah sipurim zaz min ha ee-im ba mizrach," which I'm pretty sure translates into "Bad! stop watching moving-stories from islands in the east."

>The King in Yellow
>having anything at all to do with Hastur
It depresses immensely me that something which is basically fanfic is more well known than the actual story.

and if I ever play another warlock-type, I'm going for fey pact with pic related as my patron

>stop watching moving-stories from islands in the east
She's got a great point. You should heed her advice.

user, she just offered to share the soap she was eating with me. I'm not gonna listen to that crazy outsider.

Demon? No no no, my summon is an angel! C'mon, you can trust me and Lucien, right?

shit tier lucifer

Well, it certainly looks like an angel, and the devil is technically an angel...

>summon demon
>bind demon to personal weapon
>you are now the only one who can wield the weapon, plus it gets super demon powers

Well at least you're talking now. Sorry for my delay, had to help the in-laws with an ooze infestation in the basement. So probably a scapegoat, if a bit nutty. Could be from that whole "village worth of sins" bit, from an era when plenty of mental issues were considered willing sins or some sort of possession. But hey, you've got yourself a not too terrible demon from the sound of things, if a bit erratic. Congrats!

Who's Lucifer? I said Lucien, totally different beings!

And technically not a demon either, just like I said!

>you've got yourself a not too terrible demon from the sound of things, if a bit erratic
I kinda want my money back. She won't follow any orders, and a bit of digging through my Kabbalist grandfather's old grimoire says that this sometimes happens to scapegoat daemons who "become freed of their sins."

I'm gonna have to make her my familiar, aren't I? There's no way I'm ever gonna get her to listen otherwise, I don't know how to get her to leave my house (yet alone this plane of existence), and she's already broken half of my dead grandmother's china tea-set.

Man, sharing a mind with this thing is gonna suck.

Eh, you won't mind too much after the fact. You get less of her mind than she will yours but it's there a little bit. If you really don't want her though, there are ways to send her back. Seems a bit cruel though, given that she went to Hell for other people's sins, and only just got free. Could always look into seeing if anyone else wants to bargain with her.

>sharing headspaces
LEWD!

You don't know the half of it. I can only imagine what ideas she might get once she has a look around, but it could end up pretty fun too.

OK, so I've sucessfully made her my familiar. I'm still not sure if it was actually worth it.

On one hand, SHe's calmed down significantly, and now actually listens to me when I speak. She's still rather scatterbrained, though.

On the other hand, I now find myself incapable of experiencing pleasure from watching anime, and I don't know it that's a worthwhile trade.

Also, she has no name and asked me to name her. I'm open to suggestions from you guys, so hit me with your best shot.

Maybe a nice Jewish name, given her origins?

I mean, you're telling me if you could summon anything you wanted, it wouldn't be a qt? I don't believe anyone else who doesn't admit that.

I happen to be a bit Kike-ish myself, so that might be a good idea. As it turns out, the aramaic word for goat is Gadya, which I think is just the perfect name for my obnoxious new familiar considering her origins.

Also, I'm totally making a character based on this thread when next I have the opportunity

be careful what you wish for, user.

I like this.

It doesn't seem any more dangerous than summoning any other kind of demon, naturally, I would take full precautions from any expected demonic threat and have safety precautions in place for unexpected demonic threats. Before we have a binding pact in place, which of course is verified by an expert attorney for possibly-abusable vague wordings, before that pact is in place they'll be considered an extreme hazard no matter how adorable they are.

At least you didn't have the same mishap I had last time...

user, you've made rookie error number one: asuming that your daemon is harmless once it's been bound "properly." Fact of the matter is, there are no perfect pacts, and even if they were, you can't legislate a daemon into not being an utter twat.

You also seem to have made rookie error number two as well: not thinking that daemons are annoying, pedantic things that get on one's nerves more than poorly-raised children (especially the female daemons)

Really hate asking, but y'know... Source?

For the express purposes of reasearch ofcourse.

My Infernal in Exalted created a bunch of his own demons and sends them out into Creation to do exactly this, befriend children and help them through life, gradually indebting them while maneuvering them into positions of local importance and sneaking worship of him in as a local god in the town shrines. His Cult is growing steadily.

Sounds like a fun idea, hope you have a good time

A fitting name indeed. And think of it this way, she might be obnoxious and break some stuff, but she's less "malevolent spirit of unspeakable torment" and more "falsely accused with PTSD", what with being a scapegoat and all. You're doing a good thing taking her in, so I hope all goes well.

I suppose you have a point there, but I don't think anyone could say that they became a daemonologist so they could perform good deeds.

Then consider it karma for having ancestors that made an innocent goat bear their sins. And then go figure out how to annoy people with her if you really feel the urge to be evil.

>I am forced to bear the one who bore the sins of my ancestors
OK, now I KNOW God is real and has a sense of humour, because this shit is just too ironic to be a coincidence.

>alienists

Um. Why does a shrink who determines whether or not a defendant is competent have to do with this? Do professional psychologists have something *very interesting* that they're keeping from the rest of us?

Makes you wonder why anyone puts up with the guy, doesn't it? Well, I guess if you want to avoid His wrath at any rate. But at least getting stuck with a scatterbrained goat girl probably isn't the worst thing out there.

And dammit, that ooze colony I took out of the in-law's was infectious. Time for a trip to the cleric and see if they can at least stop any more of my arm turning, not sure if this is reversible or not.

some friendly advice: for ooze infactions, go for evil clerics, not good.

Oozes are little more than a mass of single-celled organisms; a little bit of negative energy and your house is completely sterilized.
Plus, evil clerics are a lot less smite-happy than good clerics.

Will keep it in mind for next time, thanks. For now I have about a dozen spots on my left arm that are turning translucent purple. Not sure if I want to enervate the whole arm, but will see what the cleric says.

I'm not assuming anything. But this is an inherently risky action to take, summoning a demon. That must be accepted no matter what their form is.

And being cute makes annoying pedantry more bearable.

"Ane Naru Mono" image search yielded some results.

I like dragon based summons, Jabberwocks of late.

We have a go-to gal who owes us a huge favour that we call in when the situation has gone so far down the pan that we don't think there's anything in it that's worth salvaging.

She's a fallen celestial called Penemue. When she touches down, we're already over the horizon, because her primary ability is to turn everything in a several mile radius, with no discrimination at all, into a book. A single book, with tiny gold cursive script that describes all the things that used to be in the radius of that power. Seems to work in a hemisphere, because all that's been left the two times we've had to call her down is a flat plane of dusty stone/mud.

The process can supposedly be reversed, so right now we're carrying two small towns and a large chunk of their surrounding countryside around in a knapsack.

That's terrifying. I love it.

You're owed a favor from a god damn walking Exterminatus!?

nice!

same :(

>You don't know the half of it. I can only imagine what ideas she might get once she has a look around, but it could end up pretty fun too.
and it is a two-way street of course

it is a shame about how these things always end up though. Eventually our personalities will just merge and we will stop being two separate people. In a sense, we will have both died, but in our place, a new person with personality traits from both of us.