Mecha Space Pirate Quest XXVIII

Welcome back, Kestrels, to the twenty-eighth installment of Mecha Space Pirate Quest! As always, you are Admiral Roarke S. Starwind of the Iron Kestrels, whose only known alias is "Dude McCool", leader of a mighty pirate fleet, master of the starship Rhinehawk, and pilot of the Knuckle Kaiser.

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Collective Game, mecha
Master Pastebin: pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe
List of Moves: pastebin.com/HSdyCe2y
Rogues' Gallery: pastebin.com/E9ZcDLfG

Last time, you witnessed the true terror of Samantha Blanchett, defeated her in CQC, but then soundly lost a fight against a strange old man who invited you to seek him out later. You have just spent a night being fussed over by the Double Girl Alliance of Samantha and Karen, but now you're awake and ready to face the day.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10390803
pastebin
pastebin.com/xSUGbgdj
pastebin.com/JApfUYKL
pastebin.com/xiQW7RwZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Alright, I'm here. Let it begin while I work on the Rook.

First, though, you have an extremely important decision to make, and I won't close this poll until the time comes to archive the session.

Soon, perhaps very soon, you are going to have the chance to play briefly as one of two women. These two are Red Siren and Clemmy. Whichever wins the poll will be the perspective character for some upcoming events...but be warned. The loser of that poll will be the antagonist when that happens, and just as you've seen these two people at their best, you can also see them at their worst. Both are good girls (for a given definition of "good") and both have sincere feelings for Roarke, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will like or be kind to each other.

strawpoll.me/10390803

So Wong, Best MILF when?

God thats a fucking hard choice

You roll out of bed with a muffled gruntle of pain. Your face is still bruised and swollen, and if this were a few centuries ago you might have needed real medical attention instead of Karen playing doctor. She sits up behind you, her hair frizzy and unkempt, blinking and rubbing her eyes with one hand as she fumbles for her glasses with the other. You snag them first. "Roaaarke!" She complains, trying to swipe them from your hand and falling against you. You put her glasses on her nose with a smile. She wrinkles her nose at you, "I can do that myself."

"Make sure you get a proper breakfast yourself. Meal bars and energy drinks aren't enough." You chide her gently. Spending so much time in her room has given you more reasons to worry about her.

She smiles and nods demurely...and just as you expected, her head is back on the pillow and her eyes shut before you finish getting dressed. You once again remove her glasses and put them on the bedside table, leaning down to kiss her cheek before you go.

"Fivemoreminnas..." She sighs.

Your PC bwoops at you, you have a message from Miles.

'Red's here. She heard you got hurt somehow. I'll let you deal with her and her flowers, I dunno where to even find a vase'

[Continued]

Fuck.

I can't make this choice.

>strawpoll.me/10390803
Could likely turn the scrap from First Mate's mech face into some vases. Would look nice on the bar. Could put it next to the bosun's mask, the tv that plays fatty mcfat's final moments, and Fairchild's shattered dignity when she hears the news.

Or perhaps having an additional working Cloaking system (since they remain functional until the complete destruction of the mech) to compare alongside the S-Betta would help us reverse-engineer one for ourselves faster?

Not that we can't also remove all non-essential systems for use as decoration, of course. We could probably convert its empty missile rack into an additional shelf for booze behind the bar.

Im still saying we chain it to our mech like a headhunter

Seems rather uncouth for our current characterization. Aren't we going for the whole 'gentleman pirate' image, judging from how we handled the interview?

Also, didn't we already smash the head in during the fight?

As said, the head is busted anyways and there is the rest of the machine to compare. I just want to remake that bastard's face into something useful and demeaning at the same time. May as well turn it into vases to hold the flowers we get.

By the way, does anyone know how exactly Modular Metaforms are supposed to be priced?

Do I pay an additional 5% CP per metaform? Or is it a one-time 5% payment that allows me to have as many metaforms on my mech as I please?

Think it's 0.05 each man. Was the same for wings into legs deal.

You make your way down the hallways of the ship until you reach a personnel airlock. Outside, on a moving set of steps controlled by a grumpy-looking Red Siren minion, is the pirate idol herself. She's dressed simply today, which means a ridiculously elaborate crimson gown and fur hat along with a massive bouqet of brilliantly colored roses.

"Darling! You're all battered, who did this to you!? How many were there!? Oh, they must have been some of my fans who got jealous of you, I can't believe it!" She cries out, visibly angry, nearly scratching you with the thorns of her offering as she leaps directly off the stairs into your arms, hugging you protectively.

"Oof." You grunt, holding her up, "Easy, Rosita, it was just a little scrap...some old man who said I had an angry aura and was mad at some accidental property damage I caused. Nothing serious. I dented a barrier wall, he dented my face, no harm done."

She pouts, "Easy for you to say, you'd be angry if someone hit me, you hypocrite!" She shoves you a little, but seems relieved, "No broken bones?"

"Not a one." You reassure her.

"No missing teeth?" She peers at your mouth. You smile at her to show her you're alright. A satisfied smile spreads across her face, "That's my man, a pillar of heroism~"

[Continued]

That makes sense, I suppose. It just seems like it would quickly become prohibitively expensive, especially given that (I think) I'd also be paying separately for both forms of each Metaform.

I mean, depending on the total cost of the mech, it may be cheaper to just buy an additional weapon or whatever and get a bunch of Space Efficiency.

The thing with metaforms is that the moment you try to make more than a few, you may as well stick to a standard transformation. For something like metaform wings, it's pretty handy if you want a fast, but still relatively light mech.

"Wait a moment...an old man who could beat you up without help...did he have a sort of braid and a mustache?" She muses, "I didn't realize he was even still alive."

"You know him?" You ask, not surprised, since he'd told you to ask her about him in the first place.

"The man they call the Undefeated. He's the person who's been on Auditorium the longest, even before I took it over. Supposedly, he's also called Master, but that might just be a title of respect. He lives out in the little forest we keep for supplementary oxygenation purposes, by himself, and he must like it that way because he keeps to himself and doesn't really socialize the way most of my people do. Apparently every few days he walks from his home to his favorite liquor store in town, buys a bottle, then wanders back to the woods." She taps her chin with a fingertip, considering, "Honestly, I thought he was just some crazy hermit."

"A-hem." Interrupts a voice from the stairs, where someone else has cheekily entered your hangar and walked up to your ship. It's a young woman with mocha skin and blonde, nearly white hair. She has an irrepressible grin and her arms are full of tightly rolled tubes of some kind of paper or thin plastic. Most notably, although her baggage concealed it at first, she's clad in what is unquestionably the cyan-and-white uniform of a UJCIDF Ensign, "Yo. I'm not spoiling a touching moment or anything right? I need your help."

Red Siren stares at her for a moment, "Are those...posters you're carrying?"

The military girl nods cheerfully, "And several red Rite-On markers. My boyfriend is a fan of both of you, I was hoping you'd sign one each."

You stop before agreeing on instinct, "Wait a moment, why do you have so many?"

[Continued]

Of course, but Metaform Limbs seem to require you to only purchase one set of limbs (Metaform Legs is described as allowing limbs to 'redistribute their kills and armor', and Metaform Wings supposedly 'eliminates the need to buy a full set of wings'), while Modular Metaforms almost certainly needs you to purchase each of the forms separately in addition to paying the Cost Multiplier.

Or perhaps I'm just bad at reading.

Glorious Wong. I'm going to be playing a game set in this universe real soon, do you have anything like a primer for the setting? Also, this is the mech I built. Care to throw any thoughts on it?

>pastebin . com/MD05F4qv

Spaces around the period because I couldn't bloody remember the rules for linking on Veeky Forums. It's meant to be tonky as fuck, and later upgrades will give it a forcefield, heavier armor, and Gamma armor. Also an Energy Lance refluffed as an beam greatsword. And more Verniers and Thrusters. ALWAYS more Verniers and Thrusters.

The girl sighs, her shoulders slumping, the very picture of the put-upon but hard-working heroine, "I have an expensive boyfriend from a rich family, and 'cause I'm not a golddigger I want to be the breadwinner and take him on nice dates. Signed posters would go for a lot with the cadets. Surely you wouldn't make a poor, hardworking girl with barely any salary as it is pay you a cut when it's for the sake of love? Don't you know how expensive simgames are? If I don't save him, he'll spend his entire paycheck on those and waste away because he'd rather play games than eat."

>[Naomi pls go]
>[Fine Naomi, we'll help]
>[Help, but with conditions that you name]

Got to be careful with those verniers. They're pretty nice when your machine is low, but the price ramps up fast and it becomes cheaper to reduce weight after the 200CP point.

You don't seem to have countermeasures against enemies with comparable MA to you sitting far away and shooting at you like a massive bag of dicks.

Even assuming purely melee enemies, it may be advisable for you to get a shield so your weapon doesn't explode after several parries. Or else grab an EMW which doesn't ablate.

>[Help, but with conditions that you name]

For one who are these for, and for the condition I want you to bring one back to a special friend of mine

>[Fine Naomi, we'll help]
A limit of 5 each though. Supply and demand is a thing and you could probably auction them off at a higher price by keeping them limited.

Yeah, but part of the machine's entire concept is being stupidly heavy yet still moving as nimble as a bumblebee.

Yeah, I intend to get a shield first thing. And keep boosting those thrusters. It's already stupidly fast, and I intend to get it more so.

You don't actually need to buy space protection in this setting, it's assumed.

As for your mech...looks good! Very maneuverable with +4 Verniers, fast, but it only has one weapon and no shield. It's at that point where I still view Verniers as cost-effective, past a certain CP threshold I think Weight Efficiency is better, so you might want to watch for that as you upgrade.

>>[Fine Naomi, we'll help]

Fucking shields holy shit. They must be made of gold or something because they are expensive as fuck.

Sign one for him by name.

Actually, scratch that - sign one for him by name, and, on the condition that she takes another one to Clemmy, sign a third one for her to fence and promise to talk to Oda to get Caesar some better deals.

This sounds good.

Also, fun fact. All but one of the SOUL Squad mecha are statted. Naomi's is the cheekiest fucking thing.

The cheekiest. I cannot believe I made something so cheeky. It's easy for some mecha to handle, and a complete nightmare for others, but no matter what it is the cheekiest breeki of a mech.

I'm tempted to use this as its image (with a different color scheme) purely because it should stand out for raw cheek.

OH YOU THINK STANDARD SHIELDS ARE EXPENSIVE.

Just wait. Just you wait.

>It's easy for some mecha to handle, and a complete nightmare for others
If it's got a 15 SP Enclosing Reactive Shield as one of its portfolio options, I'm conceding the moment we ever enter a fight with her.

We could probably go cheekier, though. I bet it's not even a Roadstriker, is it?

Shields are really handy when facing anything small, but nasty. Problem is, unless you lighten the load both cp, and weight wise, they can get crazy expensive. SPECIAL shields is another problem all together.

Still, the machine is pretty strong, it just needs versatility. I was thinking of making the nightingale use verniers as well as ACE systems for it to be a more ace focused machine. The customized ones would be called Round numbers and be custom made for their pilots.

No. Upon trying to make it like I originally planned and looking into Energy Pools, I decided that technology is currently not available. After all, there is literally no downside to having a Reactive shield in an Energy Pool be Enclosing, to the point where I'm tempted to say Energy Pool Reactive Shields simply can't BE enclosing. Besides, going with an Energy Pool meant Naomi had to have arm-mounted guns instead of whopping great beam pistols (because reactive shields can't be handheld) and that didn't sit right with me, so I ended up making them separate systems.

>insert nervous laughter.jpg

Lets sign his poster with something like

>Looking forward to finding out which of our kings is better

Ok. Cut the space protection, shuffled a bit of points here and there, ended up with a Medium Heavy Standard Shield with DA+0. I'm a tiny bit over the CP allowance, but my DM is pretty relaxed about that. also, my weight jumped to 61.7. Had to put some points in Weight Efficiency to bring it down to 59.7.

I'm not actually sure what the downside to an Enclosing Reactive Shield is at all, to be honest, since you're specifically stated to be able to deactivate and reactivate your Reactive Shield without action cost.

Unless your enemies are capable enough to wait for the moment you drop your shield to attack, and attack you in that instant, I suppose. I'm not sure there's a mechanic for that, though.

"We have conditions." You state.

The girl pouts, but crosses her arms and waits to hear them.

"First, only five each." You state firmly.

Red Siren nods, "You can auction them to get more per poster, scarcity is value!"

"Second." You continue, "You take one to a friend of mine in SOUL B."

The girl makes a face, "So long as it isn't Jesus."

"I'm tempted, but he wouldn't appreciate it. No, give it to their LT." You clarify.

The girl nods, "Deal...but those five are outside the ones for Caesar and the one for your friend...and if you could, personalize Caesar's a little, he really thinks you're awesome."

You agree, and soon enough you're signing posters with your smiling self on them. You have to admit, considering you were never consulted about this the person who made these did a great job of snapping the picture.

>[What will you write on Caesar's poster?]

>From one warrior to another. Let's see which Ruler is better someday, your King or my Kaiser.
>-Roarke S. Starwind

>I'll be waiting for you at the top
-Roarke S. Starwind

Kid is going to nerdgasm so hard.

>"You're pretty good."
>"Can you keep up with me?"

You agonize a little over what to write. After all, this is Rudolph Merrow's kid and he isn't exactly a creampuff when it comes to piloting. He probably takes after his dad. Finally, though, you settle on something.

From one warrior to another, I'll be waiting for you at the top.
-Roarke S. Starwind

You feel more badass just for having written it.

>[What will you write on Clemmy's? Sorry for the delays, incidentally, I had to finish statting the Archen...and it's expensive.]

>To hold you over till were together again
-Roarke

>You will always be in my heart.
>-Roarke

Gold is a lot cheaper than the materials needed to build an effective shield that can stop plasma bolts, SP rounds, and is equally effective against a giant hammer or sword, especially since the advent of asteroid mining.

As for the setting primer, there really isn't one. I have background data on the Green Men and how the Jovian Colonies became an independent entity, but no real master sheet. I can tell you this though, originally this game was going to be very, very different. It would have probably been run as a normal game, not a quest, starring three or four players testing the experimental Pumpkinseed and doing lighthearted raids against the villainous RED SIREN of the asteroid belt. Originally, she was just going to be a prologue-tier villain. Shit would have gotten real once you were assigned to the extrasolar division, leading to the formation of a SOUL Squad to handle extraordinary situations with more authority than a typical pilot has.

What caused it to become Mecha Space Pirate Quest? First, I wanted to run this often, and a typical game is weekly and even then players flaking or suffering abrupt real life problems has been a recurring story in my experiences as a GM. Secondly, I was designing what I thought of as a cheap, trash unit for pirates to use and inadvertently fell in love with the idea of the Harpy. I also liked the idea of looting enemy mechs for upgrading more than what I originally planned, which was going the Zeon/Titans route of "YOU'RE AN ACE, FLY THIS EXPERIMENTAL NEW MECH, IF YOU PARTICULARLY LIKE IT WE'LL KEEP UPGRADING THIS VERSION FOR YOU."

Speaking of one of those two factions, here is the incomplete version of the Rook model. pastebin.com/xSUGbgdj

As always. First present of Two. This is for being amazing. The second... you'll get when we are in a private room.

I see your gouf and raise you an attempt at a z'gok pastebin.com/JApfUYKL

Statting this and my attempt at the hygogg has led me to believe that Zeon aquatic MS will get very expensive very quickly if you try to do them as accurately as you can.

For Lieutenant Farragut, you write something even more personal.

To my Clemmy, to hold you until we're together again. You will always be in my heart.
-Roarke

Just thinking about her makes you smile a little...until you remember that you need to check in with her. Hopefully she's somewhere with an ansible and can get your message.

While Rosita is giving Naomi boy advice, you get out your PC. You select Clemmy's contact icon, and begin scrawling a message.

'I heard something happened. We need to talk. Please be safe.'

"Well, thanks a bundle for this. Honestly, if I wasn't in love with someone else I'd be swooning over the chance to meet THE Roarke Starwind." Naomi cheerfully bundles up her posters, "You too, Red. You may be a pirate, but you're the inspiration for a lot of us girls to go out there and take what we want by force. I really mean it when I say I don't want to have to arrest either of you someday...and that I'll cut you each a favor sometime if I can do it without getting in trouble." She shakes your hand, then Rosita's, before she departs with a spring in her step. You're not sure whether you should feel worried for the pilot of the King Swordfish Mk. II, who you remember is her boyfriend, or happy for him. You were favorably impressed when he said he would lance you if you were toying with Clemmy's heart, he deserves a girlfriend with some backbone.

Abruptly, your PC bwoops. You've received a message.

[Continued]

To be fair, most mechs from anywhere done accurately will likely be expensive, due to the need to have multiple viable weapon options.

I tried to stat a metal gear for the Mohammed thread. 'Tried'.

That's something I've noticed too. More as a result of my inexperience than intentionally, this game makes different base assumptions of mecha than gundam does, and those base assumptions (what sort of purchases/what kind of setup is common) determines a lot about a mech. For example...any mech moving at 400m per turn or more is capable of in-gravity flight. A mech that can legitimately fly in gravity isn't nearly as common in most anime as it is here, the Knuckle Kaiser's high speed and ability to fly would be a major advantage in gundam where even most protagonist machines need a vehicle or special backpack to fly. The UJCIDF, too, kind of has their own individual thing in mandating certain systems that have become standard on most Jovian mecha, like environmental pod cockpits, cold powerplants, a backup sensor core in the torso, and thrusters in the legs.

Also, fuck yes, I knew you guys had good taste in Zeonic MSes. Get some thrusters on the Rook, and I'll be very happy. As for the Z'gok, that might either be its own thing or become the standard model for the Warmouth. Warmouths and Morgan IIs, which up until SOUL were the most common thing to put an ace pilot or ranking officer in, are both extremely prone to being modded to the tastes of their user, but the standard versions of both have a sterling reputation in combat.

When I read the Rook I immediatetly thought of a GM with a Gouf's heat rod

You reminded me of something very, very important, thank you.

Mohammed's upgraded mech. I went back and forth on how to do it, and finally hit on a solution.

You, the players, have 240 CP to build either a Medium Weight or Heavy Striker mech that suits Mohammed. It will even use a gundam-style head left over from Jesus to enrage him if he ever meets Mohammed on the battlefield.

What systems are open to us to use?

Yes, I would enjoy seeing Jesus getting shredded by the Exia.
Also Wong you just keep on getting dubs all the time.

I suck at names and couldn't think of any animals to use as a theme so I started naming the ones I made after different words for criminals.
Get it? Because we are pirates
If I ever try one really light and fast its getting called the jailbird

Ask and I shall tell you if something isn't approved. So far, everything you've seen is kosher.

How high can we go in terms of damage on a weapon, or SP on a shield?

Can we crib Sam's Cloaking or Rosita's Shadow Imager?

Can we use combining weapons to assemble (for instance) EMWs into a Beam Weapon to save space and cost?

T̶r̶a̶n̶s̶-̶A̶m̶ Turbochargers because they're cool as fuck, y/n?

On a side note, does no one on the cast have any ranks in ECM usage?

Alright. I'll get on it. Anyways, here's the fully functional Rook and it's flavour text.
pastebin.com/xiQW7RwZ

For once, there aren't any winking cat smileys or tildes. The message is simple, straightforward.

'We do. I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't say it all in a message, it has to be face to face. The girl & daddy got away safe on a scavvie ship the General impounded at Europa for trading with pirates, I think it was called the Pure Pure Puru and the captain's name was Ashta. If CCC didn't change the plan before he chloroformed me to keep me out of trouble and did the whole thing himself, they should be at a junker station called Griggspont...but you need to hurry! I had to throw a fit in front of Fairy and act like I was personally insulted by prisoners getting away under my nose to get permission to take the S-Flowerhorn out looking for them. If you're not quick, other people might show up or the ship might move on! I'll tell you everything in person, but...I found out one of my few friends was your big brother. He said we fit well together. He was a good person, and I miss him, and if I catch the bitch who killed him I'll break their spine over my knee unless you beat me to it. I know it's your revenge but he wanted to be my big brother too so even if he's just a brother-in-law he's family and it's MY revenge too!

>I'll see you soon

Head straight for them leave Oda and his ship here for extra protection

>S-Flowerhorn
Of all the fish in the sea.

>See you soon.

Get the fuck over there. Oda, stick with the Auditorium for protection, just in case.

Red Siren actually has points in Electronic Warfare.

You can crib Samantha's and Rosita's systems, but have a care, that stuff gets expensive fast. Red Siren's mech somehow ended up being more expensive than almost anything else I've made thus far...which is okay because she's ostentatious and so is the Archen.

No turbochargers for now, they are guaranteed to show up eventually.

I feel bad making cost multiplier systems common because I want to avoid the Knuckle Kaiser using them as much as possible, they make its normal upgrade system a pain in the ass and they cost obscene amounts of CP at the kind of point range the Kaiser is at.

As for combining weapons, only if it's something cool. Things that are done for pure mechanical advantage aren't as good as things that are done for awesome factor. For instance, Zeta and Double Zeta. Double Zeta's dual-barrel beam rifle might be mechanically optimized, but it's nowhere as cool as Zeta's outrageously glorious beamsaber bayonet beam rifle.

Then I'll see you soon.

Keep it simple for now. As is, we have a father and daughter to rescue before it's too late.

More aggressive than any piranha that ever lived and I've owned both at one time or another. A flowerhorn cichlid is a "put me in my own tank by myself or you'll come home and find everything else in my tank DEAD" fish.

Wonder where all the other anons are? We usually get alot more people by now

Oh, Wong. What do you think of a character who has the following stats:
Attractiveness: 7
Body Type: 6
Cool: 9
Empathy: 10
Intelligence: 7
-Education: 2
Luck: 8
Movement Allowance: 6
Reflexes: 10
Technical Ability: 6

It's my PC for the quest that has the Paladin S in it. She's the captain of a small crew, and I'm wondering how easy it will be for that crew to become not-so-small.

Let's get out there and protect Athena's smile

Did we finish our dancing figurines on a music box? A temporary farewell gift for Red Siren to let her know we appreciate everything she's done for us recently.

>Education: 2
Shit nigga you dumber than moe.

Wong, how far away is the station? Can we get there in a day?

With Cool 9 and Empathy 10 it's understandable how she got through the UJCIDF Academy with only Education 2 from it. Looks good!

Although if I were you, I would hold off on naming any mecha after knights, such as the Paladin. Trust me, there is an excellent reason for this, although you haven't met the Paladins yet in this quest.

It's friday night. Lots of people are partying or probably playing games in real life. Or magic. As is, I'll work on the Zulfiqar for moe while I wait.

Remind me of what was up with this?

You know I think Friday is the day of the week I have gone out the least. You always hear about people talking about it but it always seems to be a bad day.

She's a former slave who raised her baby sister on the streets. She ain't gone through any fancy academies or anything, she runs off raw talent and a hard fucking life.

The life path made her a slave, parents are ok, LOTS of siblings including hitting twins three times. Me and my GM decided they weren't CLONES, technically, because that's illegal, but they are indentured servants and their genetic line is predisposed towards having triplets and quadruplets.

She escaped slavery at the age of 13, took her infant sister with her. Raised her on her own. She's not a rookie on the pirate crew she is captain of.

The backstory feels a little... I dunno, cliche? I guess? But it fits the lifepath and it evolved organically enough.

You still dumb as a sack of hammers tho.

Average intelligence. A bit above actually. And hey, 2 is a high school education! According to the corebook, anyway.

'I'll see you soon

>It will.
>BATTLESHIP TO END BATTLESHIPS

Rosita's plan a best. Make the Rhinehawk a monster.

Mix them we have a history with the Rhinehawk and we can use it to honer Ozark's spirit

We also need a way to unchain ourselves from Auditorium with the war thats eventually coming we can't afford to be stuck defending one place constantly. We should have Rosita sell it

>You can crib Samantha's and Rosita's systems, but have a care, that stuff gets expensive fast
Mainly, I was just contemplating getting a single Shadow to force a reroll on one or more successful attacks early on in fights.

Of course, the next thing I should ask is: does Moe have any Intelligence worth a damn?

Did we get any extra loot off the AG?

It takes two jumps to get there.

Somehow I dont see that happening. Where is everyone who lives there going to go for one thing?

So if we leave ASAP we will be there in 24 hours. The first jump plus the recarge time for the second jump.

Sounds perfectly legit to me, if Roarke can survive being accused of having special eyes by one of his waifus and rolling "my entire family is dead or crippled" on his lifepath, a little bit of slavery and growing up on the streets is perfectly fine.

A figurine of Roarke and Red atop a music box. When the it is played the tune of Little China Girl plays as the two figures dance with one another. We called Oda to get us what we need a few threads back. Red Siren would probably love it since you really won't see something like a music box in space and it's a one of a kind just for her and Roarke.

I want the Rhinehawk to be the flagship of pirates in this asteroid belt. Can't have it be a pushover. Get that upgrade. Also the crew better start drilling and get some training under their belts.

Anywhere else which is better then dying when the navy shows up to siege it

Since you advise against knightly names, any suggestions for the heavy ass, knight inspired mook horror show? I intended to call it Paladin S(ilver), then when it upgraded to Gamma armor rename it Paladin G(old).

I'm just advising against it because, at least in this setting, there is a faction that uses knightly names and 'Paladin' denotes a mech of special potency and uniqueness since they use it in its oldest sense. However...a pirate in the Belt would never have heard of them, Roarke sure hasn't, so it could actually be amusing to have a mook running around with a similar aesthetic and name to some of the bullshit monstrosities that will be showing up later in this quest.

This is assuming our second jump is straight there and not a distance away so that we can recharge our gate and creep up on the station under sublight power to avoid a trap.

Bitchin. Thanks mate.

So as for the system itself, what are the major planets like? Luna is home of the Space Vatican (Reformed Catholic Church I think you said). Mars is under Islamic law. The Jovian Colonies... are a thing. What's going on further out? What about out of the system? Hell, what about Earth?

Correct.

11/10 would score a crit on her heart. Soon. I knew you had some gift planned for somebody, but the particulars kept evading me.

Speaking of, here's a small gift for you while I keep working on this, the Multi Opponent Engagement system for the Zulfiqar.

Multi Opponent Engagement system(M.O.E. System)x2
Mated system, one in each arm.
Beam sword mode. 6k +1 to hit, attack factor 2. 12 CP 1.5 tons
Beam dagger shooter mode: 5k +1 to hit, anti missile/variable 13.5 1.25 tons
Mated for 1: 25.5 cp divide by 1.33= 19.173 spaces +7.5 each to fit inside the arms.
Total cost: 32.5 x2= 65 cp, 5.5 tons

so the Terrans are home to the Five Star Stories inspired faction?