Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Ordinaire Fil Gars Rèsultates Èdition
Suezarians stronk Sub-Edition
In the last bread we saw the Warhammer Word exclusive, discussed if it looked more like Tartaros, an EC user needed help deciding what to get, murdering Eldar with Volkite is an undisputed goal all should strive for, Suezarians remain stronk, I got help making my KE, an user made the jump to 30k, FW released something new, and much more in the old thread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/The-Legion-Devastation-Force
regimental-standard.com/2016/06/01/siege-warfare-101-attacking/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Claimed by 9th legion. For Sanguinius!

2nd for XIX Predation Fleets

Is there a tutorial on how to make combi-plasmas with the B@C terminator combi-bolters? I know some people have done it but I'd like to know the whole process before fucking it all up.

Help.

I bet he'll be like a flying monstrous creature. When will the daemon primarchs will be a thing?

>double dubs
Praise be to Papa Sang.

>666
By your will, it shall be done.

What always gets me is what Would Sanguinius be like as a daemon primarch. I mean,Fulgrim was the embodiment of human perfection, and he mutated into a huge marilith. Would Sanguinius have gone completely vampire, or full-blown eldritch horror angel?

He would have been the perfect embodiment of Chaos, seeing as he was the perfect embodyment of Humanity.

So we will never know.

>we'll never have a mass Satan convention ever again
>implying such a fabulous cinnamon bun could ever turn

The Great Angel was smiling on us today, brother.

Its a thought exercise, brother- don't misunderstand me. The Angel was incorruptible.

If I ever find a flgs I'll try playing some Bangles.
BaC first, and then sell my appendix for future models right? Also what's good for a starter Mechanium list for anyone who's not Bill Gates?

:^)
>I mean,Fulgrim was the embodiment of human perfection, and he mutated into a huge marilith
The body came to reflect the man's mind.
Sanguinius himself dreamt about what he would have been (Fear to tread): A literal blood angel, with skeleton wings.
So yeah, full-blown eldritch horror angel.
That was a good thread. And by good I mean absolutely evil.
>>implying such a fabulous cinnamon bun could ever turn
Of course he was. He loved his children beyond all reason, and he was willing to sacrifice himself in order to, as he wrongly though, save them. If Meros hadn't sacrificed himself instead of him, we would have the True Red Angel, to kick the shit out of Angron,

This also interests me.

>evil
If Hell is like the mass Satan convention then maybe Hell isn't so bad.
>literal blood angel
Papa Sang must not know what true terror is. Blood isn't scary, skeletons are.

Cut the other side of the combi-bolter so that only the part with the ejection port remains. Attach it to the other side and the add the plasmapistol. You'll need to make the plasma pisto a bit thinner on one side to align it completely with the bolter part. Fill any gaps and the ejection port with GS.

Also I forgot to mention that you need to attach the plasma pistol part upside down if you use this method.

17th for 17th Legion!

>18th post
Where's the Failure-slapping-vore when you need it?

Stat the ИC-7 Soviet Super-Heavy tank for 30/40k.

Thanks m8

This is a lot to take in. What's going on in this pic?

AV10/10/10 HP1
S7 AP3 48" Heavy 1

A whole lot of metal. I don't know the setting completely but what I do know is that apparently humans got wiped out, and robots were divided into factions over who's humanity's successor. One of them is bio-mechanical, American, and they have a T-Rex. The other looks more practical. And the Pentagon went full Skynet and nuked everyone, and had a baby that had a baby who's baby became that brain in the bottom picture.

Oh and there is a Brit looking robo-gorilla for some reason near the T-Rex.

Google, that's wrong.

Facebook memes! My favorite! Let me press that like button so my mom can also "lol".

worst primarch paired with an equally bad meme good choice user

AV/14/13/12 HP 4
S8 AP3 Heavy 1
7 Heavy Stubbers
Co-Axial Heavy Stubber
May move 12" instead of 6".
Searchlight
Smoke launchers

?

>S8 AP3 Heavy 1 72"
>7 Heavy Stubbers OR 7 Heavy Bolters, whichever seems more appropriate.
>Co-Axial Heavy Stubber OR Co-Axial Heavy Bolter, whichever seems more appropriate.

Just out of interest, how upset are you yiffs/Vlka Fenryka players that Leman Russ' model wont include Geri and Freki?

Also, are they going to be called the Vlka Fenryka or Space Wolves in the HH?

Anyone actually use the campaign or scenario rules in the big black books before?

Now that my local HH meta is picking up it might be fun to try some out

Did you write the Ork codex?

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/The-Legion-Devastation-Force

Should I get this?

B@C pistols on one side and the combi bolter on the other side, ~FIN~

Wait a minute...

Discounting the Techmarine and Vehicles, and including the BaC boxes, that's like:

>180 Legion Tacticals
>30 Cataphractii Terminators
>6 Contemptor Dreadnoughts
>6 Cataphractii Praetors
>6 Legion Chaplains
>1 6ft. tall poster of a Space Marine of a legion of your choice.

That's one huge army. I don't know how much I'd save on that, or even how much it is in American $, or what the shipping costs to California would be, but it's a lot.

But the poster would be cool to have.

I guess I could make two armies and introduce my friends to the game, or something?

Hmmm.... I know I want to start up a Word Bearers army, but I'm not sure what to make the 3 BaC boxes. Ultramarines?

Really though, dragging and dropping real tanks is going to make their stats terrible compared to the ceramite-slabbed nuclear powered tanks of 40k

Sweet Night Lords, user!

On one hand, I could get a poster.
On the other hand, I'd end up buying a ton of models that I'd likely end up not using.

Truly, a grand dilemma, as I have a love of posters.

Who's the best space marine in 30k and why is it Sigismund?

>kick the shit out of Angron

>Implying

The best space marines in 30k are the nameless line troops, who don't have people trying to masturbate over how high their powerlevels are. The guys who have to deal with all the bullshit without fancy toys and plot armour.

This is why i refuse to run my Primarch of first captain

It feels so much better taking down a primarch with nameless soldiers than if you just threw some expensive meatgrinder of a named character at them

I think that's wrong. The description is misleading.
You would only be getting the 3 BaC boxes that are in the bundle. You aren't getting 3 extra BaC boxes.

I want to make a Terminator centered army, either with Pride of the Legion, or ways to take them as troops.

Which Legion is best for that?

I feel weird even taking named units, outside of special circumstances.

If you can't do something with basic marines, veterans and tanks, you aren't trying hard enough.

Nah mate. The three BaC boxes are extra. He gets everything he listed, which is why it's crazy.

Compare it to the Task Force bundles, which have the same semi-misleading description as well.

For that big of a purchase they could at least throw in upgrade sets and maybe a primarch/first captain

3rd party bit sellers and recasters throw in extra freebies even when I only get like $20 worth of stuff.

Sons of Horus, Salamanders, World Eaters, Death Guard.

I'm calling BS. Has someone ordered the bundle to confirm or has an email from support to clarify? Even googling turns up nothing about that offer.

To me, the bundle looks like another one-click that saves 1 pound 870 vs. 871. No way would FW be nice enough to throw in 285 pounds worth of stuff for free.

I used the Task Force bundles as an example, because they're about twice as much as BaC, and come with upgrades, as well as having the confusing description like the Devastation Force.

So I'm thinking all those vehicles and stuff is a bonus that says pretty much "Wow, someone actually ordered all this." Or something. I dunno.

Plus, there's also the fact that it says:

>Also included are three copies of the full Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Calth game, each including four double-sided boards, beautifully printed on thick card stock; a forty-eight page book, featuring an introduction to the battle on Calth and comprehensive rules and scenarios for playing the game; forty-two command and reference cards, used to introduce effects and events into the game; twelve dice and an array of markers used in-game.

Make note of the use of the words:
>Also included are three copies of the FULL Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Calth game...
Which leads me to believe that it indeed, does have everything the one user said.

BaC game doesn't include the models.

You stupid idiots, the last paragraph refers to the board game parts of BaC, i.e. the cardboard, rulebook, dice etc.
The description very clearly says that you get 114 plastic models, aka. the models from 3 BaC boxes, and even lists them in detail.
The Task Force bundles are exactly the same, they list that you get 38 models (1 BaC) and a separate paragraph mentioning that you get the cardboard, rules etc. from the same BaC box.

They're stupid one-click bundles, nothing else. If you're retarded enough to buy the biggest one-click bundle, you get a free poster worth 5 bucks, woop de doo.

The task force bundles are also the one click bundles that save you 2 pounds. Nothing is free in those. The Devastation Force is no different. They included that paragraph at the bottom of the bundles to let the buyer know that Betrayal at Calth is a standalone game.

>Sons of Horus
Not really interested in them.

>Salamanders
They're cool, but again, not really interested in them.

>World Eaters
The Red Butchers could make for a cool Melee oriented list, which sounds pretty cool.

>Death Guard
Seems pretty cool, actually. And if I have my math right, their Elite Termis are only 122 points for 10 of them. Though, I'm a bit iffy on their color scheme.

The Iron Hands one seems pretty good as well.

>122 points for 10 of them

I think your math is not right at all

Probably. I'm tired.

Tried to tell him he read the description wrong but he was so sure of himself I had to look into it to see if I had it wrong as I didn't know if it was a new bundle.

It just doesn't make sense to me though. Why then, would the Devastation force throw in three BaC boxes?

And with the Task Forces, they're 225£, yes? Yet BaC is only 95£. Upgrades are only 30£. Therefore it should not be amywhere near those prices if it didn't come with twice the models.

Huh, yeah, I think I hit the addition onstead of multiplication button on the calculator, it's 410 for the ten of them. A bit on the pricy side.

There's 3 upgrade sets in them.

Huh.... You're right.

Well shoot, now I feel like a huge fool, my apologies!

IF Have the best termis. THSS with tartaros for that sweet 2+/3++ S8 AP2 that can sweeping advance.

DG have the second best with tartaros death shroud. They don't have the 3++ but have I3 AP2 at S5 or 6 I forget which. Plus you can take the DG HQ that knows the endurance psychic power.

EC phoenix are good, but more glass hammers. You have to charge to get AP2 but the initiative buff and recent tartaros buff are great.

Hmmm... Good to know.

Right now it's a toss-up between IH, DG, and WE.

Cool Gorgon Termis, Cool Scythe Termis, or Dual Chainaxe RAGE Termis is the real question now.

Death Guard

Theyve always seemed to me like the most fun to paint. Also the idea of termies spewing chemical death and cutting people down with scythes is cool as fuck

Yeah, true enough. Though my problem is that I'm not sold on their color scheme, whereas the Iron Hands have that cool grease/oil(?) looking color scheme, and the World Eaters have a nice White and Blue, with Red symbol.

Hmmm....

Dusk Raiders

It doesn't look too bad, honestly.

Dusk fuckin Raiders son

>Quick! Strike the angriest and most fashionable pose you can, brothers!

What about taking a special character and renamjng bim ?:^)

Nooo!

This is NOT Zardu Layak, but a Herald!

Gorgons are cool, though they're the first (and currently only) FW Legion Termies to be variants of Indomitus armour - everyone other one is a Cataphractii or Tartaros variant

Because Ferrus was a cool guy.

>tartaros buff
What buff?

The can sweeping advance now

I was sure Tartaros could always do that.

Tartaros used to just use the rules for regular Terminator armour.

They did, but had a 6++. Then changed to 'normal' termi rules. Now they're still 5++ but can sweep again.

>Power broom
>S: User, AP4, Rending (the bristles can find the gaps in armour), +2 to all sweeping advance rolls

regimental-standard.com/2016/06/01/siege-warfare-101-attacking/
>You will lose many men. Luckily, the Emperor has seen to it that we have plenty of those.

t. Pertuabo.

According to book 1 and the Legions Army list book Tartaros cannot sweep and are treated just like normal terrmie armour, it got faqed not to long ago to be able to sweep

I'm referring to the first tartaros rules, pre 30k expansion from one of the imperial armours iirc. Then they only had a 6++ but could sweep. Then I think an FAQ changed them to normal, and then 30k came about and they used normal. Now, years later, they can sweep again, but have a 5++ too.

Wow, that sounds pretty old. What IA was that?

Arguably you could bring 4++ Deathshroud provided you give them the appropiate shoulders (like the new cataphractii ones released a few weeks ago), since they're listed as wearing unspecified termi armour atm.
Won't be corrected until AoD 3E

Oh I could get started strong, but Papa Sang, that's too much.

>tfw the small Iron Warriors etched brass breaks apart really easily thanks to the gaps in the mouth
>tfw my contemptor has one stuck on his crotch

Anyone know if the smallest etched brass parts for other legions are as weak? Specifically, the Imperial Fists?

>Changing legion because modelling the other one is too hard
Shameful display.

No, user. He wants to know if anyone else was shat on, or if it was only IW. Again.

Going to re-ask, should I expect anyone to get all hot and bothered at me for mixing 30mm and 32mm bases within the same unit?

What special weapons are worth taking on a breacher team? I feel volkite (2-4 guns won't generate that many bonus hits) and lascutters aren't worth it, but not sure between the other three.

Kind of leaning towards meltaguns because as well as anti-tank, they have the bonuses of being able to hurt primarchs and instant death special 2W terminators if those targets come in close enough. Although being death guard, shredding flamers could be fun.

Bonus rules question which I'll ask separately because it's probably cheaty bullshit: can you reroll a save from a gets hot template weapon if you're wearing hardened armour? Like I say, I suspect not, but I'll ask anyway.

On further reading, gets hot just says the model suffers a wound, not that the weapon causes a wound. So if it's not the flamer causing the wound, don't think this idea works.

Dg are partial to bolters, flamers and meltaguns, it's fluffy of them as much as toxic weaponry, or at least that's what HH1 claims.

DG breachers with flamers in a reaping list can be an absolute nightmare to charge

>5d3 auto-hits against an opponent at -1T who loses charge bonuses

yes

Basically this.

No, I have two legions, an OPFOR and a BLUFOR.
I just want to know if the IF small brass is more usable.

A what-for?

AV 14/12/10
Main Gun, Coaxial Heavy Stubber (probably multilaser for 30k since the Imperial Army seems obsessed with them), Option for a pintle heavy stubber
Main gun is str 9, AP 2, 72" range
Didn't want to make its main gun identical to the vanquisher but Str 8 seemed too weak.