OC Thread #10

Welcome to the Veeky Forums OC thread.

Tell us about your original characters, new and old. Let's hear some stories of valor and glory and build some legends in here.

>THIS THREAD IS PRIMARILY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITES FROM YOUR GAMES
It's like the Storythread, but centered on characters that we all know and help make. Your Original Character can be any character you've played, are playing, or want to play!

>WHEN POSTING YOUR OC
Give us a little blurb about your character, this is a brag thread after all. Some basic questions to get you started:
• Name:
• Role(s):
• Goals:
• Traits:
• Flaws:
• Allies:
• Enemies:
• Other Relations:
• Physical Description:

Write and share stories about each others' characters (use a pastebin for works that would take up multiple posts). Draw and share pictures of each others' characters (please link offsite in the event of NSFW work).

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own.

Need help developing a new character concept? Ask away!

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way. If you can't draw, write something for someone and vice/versa.

>CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
How does your character celebrate their birthday?

>IF YOU JUST NEED CHARACTER ART, GO TO THE DRAW THREAD
There are more artists consistently there that are actively looking for requests to fill, that's not the case here.

>DON'T MAKE A NEW THREAD UNTIL PAGE 10
Use art from these threads as OP image when possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/012k5RcKoOfFRRidC
imgur.com/a/yV3Of
pastebin.com/a8GNXxQD
springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i got #1 on thread one, so it looks like i should be #1 on thread 10 too...

discord.gg/012k5RcKoOfFRRidC

Thug doesn't really know what day he was born on. Gourmand would likely craft an exquisite feast for the occasion.

>Arallios
>Ranged combatant/negotiator
>To prove he can handle himself
>Naive goofball that has enough moments of lucidity to make people wonder if he's faking it
>Extremely trusting, stuck in their own line of thinking, self-defeating
>Party, a spectrum of NPCs, and a dragon
>Not many enemies, closest he's got are a necromancer and a vampire that both don't like him but can't be bothered to kill him
>Parents and grandfather adventure together, has a diplomat-for-hire uncle SOMEWHERE in the world
>Light skinned elf with long, straight brown hair, forest green eyes, and an androgynous build. Worn equipment includes long shirt, a sword, a bow, a bag, tough pants, and simple boots

>How does your character celebrate their birthday?
Being a long-lived elf, he doesn't celebrate birthdays so much as decaversaries, where he either hunts a bit extra to be a bit of a glutton, or stays in a town so he doesn't get too out of touch with how the civil people work.
However, he stakes some pride on usually being the oldest in the room, and he so tracks the days he's been alive to a week-deviation in case he needs to play the seniority card. 140 coming up in five in-game months, got GM in on a gag we can pull if we ever reach that far.
Shut up fuck face, at least post a damn character instead of shitting up the thread with your bullshit anime faces. Christ, you piece of shit.

Reposting for Bog Roll.

Silly goose.

shit man, i thought it was funny, no need to be so hostile.

do you like...want to hear more about Azura Grim, ( i will leave out the grosser/edgier elements, it was not too well received last time) or do you want to heat about someone new?

I was just joshin' man, gotta keep the bully meme alive somehow.
But sure, content is content. Pick whoever you want, we'll see where it goes.

Alrighty, new thread then!~

• Picture gallery: imgur.com/a/yV3Of

• Long and more detailed pastebin: pastebin.com/a8GNXxQD

• Setting: Forgotten Realms D&D 3.5 with some Pathfinder rules and some house rules with D&D 4.0/5 lore mixed with Planescape cosmology and maybe in the future some Spelljämmer.

• Name: Keltar Devir

• Race + Gender: Drow, male

• Aligment + Myers Briggs: CG & ENFP

• Role(s): High dex dual wield warrior/ranger/psychic warrior (It's a high leveled campaign without multiclass penalty)

• Goals: Travel to the eastern lands where his master grown, Realmspace travelling, more detailed at pastebin

• Traits: Confident, extrovert, funny, has a twisted misconception of honor, values freedom and free of will over anything, very open-minded with every race, very flirty with attractive females.

• Flaws: Bad puns, very short attention span, very forgetful, can be too over-confident making him underestimate his opponents, heavily disgusted by some sea creatures like cephalopods and molluscs even feeling nausea for just smelling or looking at them (Also applies to Illithids), he’s also prone to suffer several fevers for his psyonics.

• Allies: His best friend the half-elf cleric of the party, his blink dog animal companion, and other members of the party: werecat avariel ranger/sorcerer multiclass, moon elf vampire prince psychic warrior, High elf wizard, and the tiefling druid goat wannabe.

• Enemies: Xezbeth, Devil Prince of Lies, Horgar Hammerhead the duergar mercenary, Slaads from The Supreme Throne, Order of the Blue Flame, again more detailed at pastebin.

• Other relations: Members of the cult of Eilistraee, his deceased rônin mentor.

• Physical Description: Slender and graceful, lime eyes that change with the source of light, white short hair (compared to drow standards), always wearing a red stripped scarf, memento from his mentor.

• Name: Charlotte du Beauchamp

• Role(s): Enemy disorientation, she moves quickly and smoothly, using her toolbelt full of smoke bombs and flashfire to effect, with some fancy swordplay.

• Goals: Reunite with her distanced lover, Julia Vaughn, who has been deployed with her unit to calm a rising border dispute.

• Traits: Bubbly, adventurous, and rebellious. She is the daughter of the Baron du Beauchamp, a kindly and beloved ruler. He placed her in a paladinship at a young age, to teach her important values of the Archpaladin Heironeus.

• Flaws: Hasty and emotional, doesn't always plan ahead.

• Allies: Frankie, one of the chefs from her father's kitchen, who was a childhood friend of hers. Frankie worries about Charlotte's ability to survive on (let's be real here) NO food so she packed her bags and grabbed her writing utensils to finally finish her masterpiece cookbook.

• Physical Description: Athletic from training with the Order, with short trimmed jet black hair, and blue eyes. Shapely figure and she knows it.

>Birrhday celebrations
Normally a big event, with townsfolk in attendance to bring gifts and enjoy a night out. There are often fireworks, bardic performances, and a show by the local acting troupe.

Much thanks to Bog Roll for the image !

Reposting from last thread.

>Name
Luvos Nichto
>Role
Planar Diplomat, Demon Enthusiast
>Goals
To remain on the forefront of knowledge, exploration, and change. Luvos is in the process of writing a series of encyclopedias of planar knowledge. To inspire awe and terror in his wizarding peers.
>Traits
Luvos has little respect for conventions. He enjoys the fleeting nature of comprehension and knowledge and more enjoys the hunt for knowledge itself.
>Flaws
In addition to having little respect for tradition, Luvos is known to overlook most moral stipulations of his comrades. He is prone to doubting the intelligence of others and to put the pursuit of knowledge above all else. He has picked up the habit of introducing himself in fancier and fancier nonsensical titles.

Luvos celebrates his birthday by trying to perfect his fireworks spell and practicing his magic tricks for the cool surprise party he hopes will happen.

>for the cool surprise party he hopes will happen.

Has it ever?

Not once.

• Name: Hardir
• Role(s): Druid (Tiefling), helps the cleric of the party with heals and summon things
• Goals: Nothing in particular, he just wanna make friends and learn about the world
• Traits: Very innocent, acts totally like a child, kind and good person, very energetic, sociable, hyperactive
• Flaws: Gullible, lacks of empathy sometimes, doesn't know anything about the world, uneducated, vulgar
• Allies: His companion, friend, and sister "Manolita" the mountain goat, his other animal companion Griffin the griphon, and Keltar Devir • Enemies: Doesn't hold any grudge with anyone, he just fight along with his friends, will attack anyone who disrespects nature
• Other Relations: Hardir was left to die as a baby on the mountains, he was found and raised by mountain goats, given his abyssal lineage he shares the same goat horns, so that's probably the main reason for that, he was latter found by a halfling druid who took him under his wing
• Physical Description: Slightly muscular, only wears some pants that often fall off because he hid a giant emerald he found there

i didn't know, i made a few people angry in the discord chat so its hard to distinguish joke from legit anger.

;_;

You didn't make anybody angry, you were just being a total creep until someone asked you to cool it.

I know right?

Looking forward to it!

Even if Ainsley Harriott is in frame.

Valar likes to mark some sort of permanent, cryptic depiction of himself in various places - the end of a dungeon or tomb, a rock face, an ancient standing structure. They add up quick and he finds it as a good way to leave his insignia, as a dominant animal would in it's neck of the forest.

He often also will leave treasures in particularly hazardly placed markings, as he feels those worthy enough to survive the trek to discover it deserve a reward.

(Part 1)
Martin was raised by his biological mother and her husband, his true father was an elf he never knew. His parents were traveling merchants and his stepfather was notoriously superstitious. His stepfather tried for many years though to set the boy straight, confident in the integrity of the mundane life of a trader but Martin spent any money he made working for his family on scrolls, wands, and old tomes which his stepfather resented. The rift between him and his stepfather grew until Martin finally packed his things and used a tattered scroll of teleport to run away. The scroll tore and its magic fractured ripping Martin from his family and dropping him in a far corner of the world.

Martin awoke with a headache in an abandoned arcane study. He discovered the remains of an ancient wizard long dead, he took the wizard's name, Luvos Nichto, and spent the next decade alone, living off conjured food, and diving into previous owners near endless library. Over time regular arcane knowledge seemed almost commonplace, before his father had disapproved of all magic study but now the novelty had worn off and he craved for more forbidden knowledge. By the time he was thirty Luvos had made a spectacular comeback into the field of arcane study. Many of his peers lauded his new and younger necromantic clone. He taught at a mage college for several years until finally his curiosity for the taboo grew too great and he began to spend less of his time in a classroom and more of it consorting and bargaining with demon's for their knowledge.

(Part 2)

In the end he was asked to leave the college and take up his increasingly hazardous pursuits elsewhere. From then on he resented his peers, who were they to decide what should and shouldn't be known, they just wanted to sit on safe conclusions and dispense those answers out to everyone, how could they be so blind to not see the endless number of discoveries that needed to be made, how their textbooks were rewritten every year without fail, new spells, new ideas constantly pouring into the world at a ceaseless rate. The demons never questioned his desire to learn.

He returned to his study to find it ransacked by adventurer's, he decided then that he would accomplish three things, he would finish his encyclopedia of forbidden worlds a series of tomes devoted to extraplanar travel and cultures, he would build an even greater study that no gold hungry warrior would ever be able to plunder, and he would live for a very very long time. He gathered what belongings he still had and teleported across the world one more time. It had been a curiosity at first, a group of pirates tainted with some immortal sea bound curse, one of their crew members was an impressionable young witch, they would make a poor apprentice but a decent enough errand boy. With a fizzle of static electricity and puff of brimstone he appeared in their midst, he coughed into his hand as the smoke cleared, smoothing out his robes and affixing a sycophantic smile to his face.

Martin decreed, "I am Luvos Nichto, diabolic sorcerer and binder of devils, I promised your mother to teach you if you embraced the ways of magic, shall we begin?"

is there much of a difference though?
i sense alot of disdain when people talk to me while i use this name

I can't imagine why.

Possibly because you think acting like a spastic and spewing retardation everywhere is somehow the appropriate way to function.

Alright, I'll give this a try:
• Name: Alexis Rivera
• Role(s): Witch in training
• Goals: Beating back the things that go bump in the night
• Traits: Optimistic, determined, stealthy
• Flaws: Naive, gullible, coward, socially awkward
• Allies: The Valkyrie, the Horror Buff, the Priest, the Buzz, the Knight
• Enemies: Werewolves in the forest, a tiefling rival, Jack of the Lantern, shark demigod betrothed to her, and all manner of Eldritch horrors in the ocean
• Other Relations: Her familiar salamander Salamandrous-Rex
• Physical Description: A half-Mexican, half-white woman; mid-20s; naturally curvaceous but fit ("strongfat," I think the word might be); long, thick black hair; wields a simple wooden wand made out of a family heirloom; single braid down right temple that's adorned with colorful baubles; currently experimenting with bohemian style with combat boots and a wide, flappy sun hat

Alexis is the Buffy to her team of do-gooders, the first mage to be born in her coastal town in Virginia and thusly a natural magnet to all the evil magical things that hunt humans. She's not inherently gifted beyond being a witch, but she's forced to constantly fight beings far above her weight class lest the unaware masses suffer. There's a number of enhancements she has, most unaware, the biggest of which is a jade fishhook pendant that constantly casts a weak stealth field on her.

I... have way too much written up on her backstory, and the stories of her teammates, but I probably shouldn't waste posts on the thread. Suffice to say the team is a weird combination of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dresden Files, and Ghostbusters, but the magical community at large is more like World of Darkness.

I love 'em.

then take it off and act respectable you retard, this isn't GAMEFAQS, you don't need to have a name at all unless you're somebody who actually contributes like the guy who drew this or this

>• Name: Rashad Shi' Thead (Real name: Tomas Morristan)
>• Role(s): Front line Fighter, Harasser, Self proclaimed lady's man.
>• Goals: To build himself into a legend, live out his fantasies, topple the mightiest of foes, meet the perfect girl (s) and have a wonderful life with her(them).
>• Traits: Born in the Wrong Century/Country, Imaginative, Boisterous, Fantastic swordsman, fantastic lexicon of taunts.
>• Flaws: A little bit of Don Quixote and has issues separating reality and imagination, Thinks there are "rules" on how things are done "The villan must monolouge" or "The hero must save the damsel" and so on.
>• Allies: Currently Holding Auditions
>• Enemies: Currently Holding Auditions
>• Other Relations: His poor beleaguered mother who is glad that he's out of the house but worries for hims constantly.
>• Physical Description: A very fit "Twenty Something" Adorned in the garb of a desert raider, modified to look heroic/cool. he has short brown hair, with green eyes and a neatly trimmed goatee, his face is strong but boyish, and he often covers it up with his headdress to look more menacing.

this generally involves a "night on the town." The events

as you can clearly tell, social ques is not my strongest trait. i mostly use the name because the story behind it was quite cringy and very embarrassing so i deiced to say fuck it and roll with it.

aside from my standard fuck tardery its mostly done for attention, i will admit that, though it was neutral at first, my antics have absolutely created a more negative reaction now that i crossed the line more than a few times.

it was never my goal to make people angry, though despite this i seemed to have done quite a good job at doing exactly that. so i apologize, though it might not mean much to you guys, i am quite sorry about my actions up to this point.

Damn you hands!

The events usually involve roughing up toughs in the shady parts of town and declaring his undying love to pretty maidens, only to be knocked senseless by their paramours, or politely refused.

This story goes with this character by the way.

dude holy shit, we don't need a speech or a backstory, nobody cares, just take the name off and drop it

I like that; he doesn't actually know the witch, right? He's just using him as a means to an end, or trying to mold him into a successor, or a future vessel for his own sustained life?

Gotta say I love the last line! It has the feeling of a cold open for a movie.

The story is interesting but a part of me feels like it actually sets the child up to be an even more interesting character. Not sure why but it has that sort of wonder attached to it where it I can imagine the story through the eyes of the child.

i felt the lest i could do was explain myself a little before hand.

Tell me about Luvos! Why does he wear the name? Really though, where'd he even learn this guy's name, and why'd he take it? It seems like you've just put that in there to make him seem a bit 'cooler' without actually doing anything.
In the second paragraph, he just magically ayy becomes a professor after spending apparently a decade isolated in some dead guy's study? When did he get peers? How did any of this happen?

His goals just seem utterly arbitrary. Why are these Goals, with a capital G?

Everything just seems to be a sequence of events that you think are interesting with no actual in-between or reason to them, it's just like this person has been dragged along a plotline from his birth with no motivation to do anything other than because he's literally fixed to rails.
The writing itself is fairly clumsy and riddled with errors, but not everyone is a master linguist so I can somewhat look that over.
Overall, it's fairly meh; I feel like it's trying to hard to be cool or interesting, without actually having anything going on.

Literally no one wants to hear it, just stop being a drongo and shut the fuck up.

Why is she crying in the pic?

Thingken of life.

Thanks for the feedback man lemme try and answer all this.

I actually tried to put a lot of thought into why he took the name, in the original version of that backstory, posted last thread, I mentioned the detail that he was named after his surrogate father, probably in an effort to appease the man. I think him taking this guys name was sort of him finally rejecting that identity and embracing a new one. I guess I tried to gloss over a lot but didn't do very well at it. He's basically pretending to be the original Luvos who although a hermit was in his prime a teacher at the mage college and wizard respected by many of his peers. Martin finds like ye old address book or some shit and starts networking with these people again by the time he's actually a professor he's been working at that for a while I guess.

I think the goals came across kind of bad because I literally just ported his goals the original post. I think he wants to prove his peers wrong in a lot of respect, he wants to show them how big the world really is and how outlandish it is to believe you can know everything about it by writing what he does now and then repeatedly pointing out how it's like a drop in the ocean. Building a more powerful study that no one could break into was kind of a joke I guess about how like a Lich or ancient evil wizard will live in like a library at the bottom of some dark temple filled with traps and monsters. Thank you for overlooking the poor pensmanship.

Ketharuil, goes by Keth.
His goals are in flux, since he and his party have stopped two elder evils already. Currently, he mainly wants to right wrongs, and spread freedom wherever he can. He's considering taking a temporary retirement to raise his daughter.

At the point we are in his campaign, he's already a very accomplished cleric, and was made a saint by his goddess. He is virtuous and kind, and has used all his money made adventuring to help the weak and needy, having taken a vow of poverty early on in his life.

He's not perfect, however. He often times will put his beliefs before others, and is quick to argue with those who don't share his beliefs. He also, forgive the pun, acts holier than thou at times.

His family is almost exclusively his parents, as they moved from his racial homeland long ago, but his grandmother would occasionally visit, and tell him stories of his culture. His wife one of his many adventuring companions.

While he has few enemies beyond the greater scope of evil, he has a large number of allies, first and foremost his party. While he has argued with them on the topics of morality on many occasions, predominantly the LN wizard; since they started their journey, most if not all have turned good. His closest companion besides his wife would be the neutral good former Illithid psion, who has recently mind swapped with a half celestial dire polar bear, whom has a hero complex.

While physically hardy, Keth could be pushed around by a light breeze, physical strength not being his strong suit. His feathers are white, and he has a radiant glow about him.
>How does your character celebrate his birthday?
This has actually happened. He didn't want to do much, but his friends basically kidnapped him and took him to a strip club. Which then got robbed.

Oh and I think for like general motivation he kind of craves secrets, his actual father being probably the biggest one he grew up with not to mention how his surrogate dad disapproves and considers just regular magic almost forbidden knowledge. He's spent his whole life trying to learn things he shouldn't and eventually it's all he really wants to do is learn about things people tell him are dangerous or that he shouldn't learn about. I think a lot of it starts to be about compensation for him because he's paranoid that everyone knows he's a fraud, but because of his like chase for knowledge he also thinks he probably smarter than all the genuine scholars. I hope that helped shed some light.

Not quite, she was sort of stood up by someone very important to her during her graduation into the Paladin Order.

Although I guess it would be polite to ask, would anyone want to hear more about Alexis' backstory and party?

springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm

put your character's skin on, take it, post score

Totally, dude, lay it on us.

literally nobody in this thread has the authority to tell you not to, post it cause i wanna read it

Put Rashad in there, got a 12. So there's that.

Got a new reference sheet commissioned. so maybe he can actually get in on some of the shenanigans the popular kids get involved in.

Though he has the crippling disadvantage of being male.

-3 with de-suifiers.

Describe your character with a single adjective.

I would pick faustian for this asshole

>will arnett in that gif

The irony

Arnett will always crack me up.

>Arallios
9, and a 13 on the playability test, feels good.
Paradoxical

Because of the like naive but with lucid moments thing or what?

Quixotic...

yes it actually is a word

It totally is, you and me both used words derived from literary figures too.

That, along with being able to talk someone's ear off while on a flip side being someone that'll shut up and let you vent at them, and putting his foot down on plenty of issues even though he's easily the most chill party member. Not to mention being the best archer and all-round melee-er in the group but hands down having the most crit fails.
From the root of Don Quixote's story yes? I think that was on some vocabulary test I had a while back, funny how the spelling makes you think it rhymes with "exotic".

Ah I see, that's cool. I like when characters have like contradicting desires or feelings that they have to learn to balance.

Ah sweet a new thread, maybe I'll finally post my characters tomorrow instead of just constantly lurking.

Please do! Gotta celebrate us making 10 threads somehow haha, what better way than an all new cast?

I made this after the thread asking about actors you would cast as your character. I hope you guys derive as much joy from it as I did.

Holy shit lol

It's all I can see him as in my head now.

>Name:
Kaiger Stancaster
>• Role(s):
Barbarian, keeps the party in line and hits things really hard
>• Goals:
Prove to his clan and human family he isn't worthless, find something that he can beat his sister in and become a hero in a bard story
>• Traits:
He's short tempered,gung-ho and egotistical but he tries to maintain some sense of honor. Also major mama's boy
>• Flaws:
He's gullible if there's a chance of battle/murder he's usually all for it. His short temper has lead to him brutalizing party members.
>• Allies:
the Dragon Bard. the half-elf bard of the party who's probably his closest friend despite the fact they both manipulate each other to get the other to do what they want; Marijuano Blaze, the Dank Elf of Prophecy; the Bonecrusher Clan; and a dwarven city state
>• Enemies:
Cult of Talona, Demorgorgon,Pelor,Pelor's angels and a handful of a human nobles
>• Other Relations:
Agatha,his twin sister who succeeds at everything she tries and Ganar his older flamboyant brother
>• Physical Description:
Kaiger stands at 5'11 with an athletic build. He has short black hair and green eyes with a manly stubble. He wears red dragon scale armor,dragon horn bracers and a black wolf pelt(all of these things he's killed or had a hand in killing). The wolf pelt looks worn and torn. His weapon of choice is a bastard sword of his own creation Moon's Terror, he smelted down a Death Knight's long sword and a deceased party member's bastard sword El Chakal. The blade's hilt is black with the pommel of a crescent moon and the in the center of the cross guard a side profile of a wolf howling with a red gem for an eye

As child it mostly consisted of his twin sister taking his stuff for the hell of it and listening to his mom's stories about adventurers.As an adult he doesn't do much. He probably takes a stroll in the forest and enjoy the beauty of nature before trying to find something to kill.

I have to work right now, but when I leave I want to get more info from you on him.

I'm flattered user. What do you want to know about him?

A day of just pure travel and tourism, non-stop. Considering his life span is short compared to Humans, he would try to make the most of it.
>Bruni
>10
I expected a lot more.
I'm bad with words so I don't really know.
Milquetoast I guess?
I cringe at myself for having to look up words, jesus.

That's an SAT word right there, what made you decide on it?

Bruni in general is rather weak, both physically and mentally. He's afraid to speak up, cowers in the face of danger and scares easily.
I was looking for appropriate words, and I thought it fit pretty well.
I mean I could've just settled for something like shy or timid but I love saying Milquetoast.

Character question;
If your OC had an entire day off just for themselves, a day where they could do anything and had no responsibilities, how would they spend it?

Determined I wanted to know what are some specific instances that his sister has bested him? If he could be better than her in only one thing, what would it be?

Again First off, really good question! A day spent in the court garden just lounging in the sun and then a walk through town square to become better acquainted with her future subjects, as she will inherit her father's position when he retires in old age.

Sorry to keep using the same picture over and over, but the other two options are either incomplete or NSFW.

Naeva's birthday is Neth 3rd by the Golarion calendar. As Attendant and daughter of the Magister she actually gets really lovely gifts and parties every year! The Magister makes a point of making her feel very appreciated for her work. Last year he held a little gala in her honor.

• Name: Wellyn Elias Ashlt
• Role(s): Caster, Support, Investigator, Alchemist
• Goals: Currently attempting to gain knowledge and understanding of the magical forces at work around the world he resides in.
• Traits: The world is too much with him, he thinks he is a little smarter than everyone else, he is deeply suspicious of joy, he sees sincerity as a weapon that can be used against him, and he conceals his emotional needs.
• Flaws: Poor attitude, a lack of formal training in magic, and a deep mistrust of others are the main plauges of Wellyn's life.
• Allies: His familiar Bough, a Crocguana.
• Enemies: N/A
• Other Relations: None thus far.
• Physical Description: Short, unruly rusty brown hair, atop a head that fits a narrow often frowning face and grey eyes that dart around like flies. His body is neither muscular nor, weak and carries with it the frame of a swimmer. His face contains several deep scars of past troubles, and his guant fingers are attached to callused burned hands.

>Describe your character with a single adjective.

Learning.

Definitely a tavern crawl with any friends or allies he can scoop up. He wouldn't however mention it's his birthday, as he would shy away from any attention it would bring.

Also posting his backstory.

Wellyn was born of a poor commoner family in a village of the cold north. When he was young his older brother grew sick, and was not expected to survive the winter. The family knew of an old woman who lived secluded in a frosty glen nearby, and rumor had told that she could cure any illness for a price.
The family brought the two children to the woman, as they knew the trade was even, one life for another. The old woman felt pity on the younger sibling whose parents had so ruthlessly chosen one child's life over the other.
They were instructed to take the the younger sibling to a nearby frosted river, and cast him in. They were never to return to the woman, or lay eyes on the glen again, and with that deal, the transaction was complete.
The old woman waited nearby, and retrieved the child from the river, near death and cold of heart. She brought him into her home, warmed him by the fire, taught him of the land and the magics that surrounded it. Each day he grew stronger and stronger until he was a healthy and happy young man.
As for his family, the brother continued to wither, until the last vestiges of life left him. He passed from this world to the next after a mere few months. The parents stricken with grief left the village and were never heard from again.

His sister is a better fighter,hunter and tracker than him. She learned how to read faster than him(Kaiger only managed to learn how to read common recently). She's beaten him to a bloody pulp more times than he can count.When they were kids she manipulated him to prank a clan shaman and said shaman cursed Kaider.

If he could choose something he could beat her at it would be in combat but the way the campaign has been going, he's come to terms that he's not capable of handling his sister one on one. So his current goal is to be a better leader than his sister and be able to inspire people.

Despite his sister's kinda bitchy attitude, he cares about her and hopes that they can find some form of common ground.

>Name:
Aeric Mason
>Roles:
Face, bank, caster, reluctant melee
>Goals:
Get enough money to begin a new trade empire, aquire knowledge
>traits:
Generally good, too merciful, miser
>Flaws:
wants to be the very best, like no one ever was. Obsessed with money and knowledge
>Allies:
the party
>Enemies:
The Inquisition, whoever the current BBEG is
>Other relations:
None that he has maintained
>Physical description:
6'
Fairly muscled, lightly tanned skin, brown hair and eyes

Luvos spends the day rereading his favorite books in his underwear.

Effusive

That's a good word, the character is a very genuine person I'd guess?

Comfy

I can do this all day.

What does your character look for in a relationship?

Someone who is undeniably sweeter and kinder than he is.

A strong willed person, who isn't afraid to tell her no or point out when she is being unreasonable or foolish. Someone to balance her out and be the anchor counterpart to her free-spirited nature.

Someone who tolerates his love for battle and accept him for who he is.

Someone understanding and accepting of different kinds of people, especially those who others might dismiss outright like slaves or those of "tainted" blood. Romantically desires someone just as intelligent, inquisitive, and socially graceful as she is.

Someone who can redeem him and make him see life is worth living

Someone to protect him from the stronk baddies he can't magic missile away

Someone who is rough around the edges, but would be willing to fight alongside him no matter what.

Nothing. He is perfectly satisfied by the current arrangements and very happy in his marriage. Yes. No doubt about that. Put that sword away, light of my life. And the wand. And the dagger. Thank you.

Tell us about his marriage. What makes him satisfied?

Damn. Keep forgetting his owl familiar

>Romund the Plunderer
>-6 with de-suifiers

i find myself passively horrified by some of those questions, if only because someone in the world does that to their characters

Someone who can comfort and tolerate his emotional outbursts over inconsequential matters. If not that, then someone who will at least understand why small things upset him.

What's the worst thing your character ever did to someone or something else?

Stole a classmate's books who had been bullying her for a few weeks and hid them. Their notes were in the books, and they failed the exam on the following day causing them to be required to take remediary courses.

Murdered it.

But does it really count as murder if they're trying to kill you?

If it doesn't than losing a significant amount of his family's wealth

Actually, no, it was a kidnapping/execution he helped in

He severed a man's leg at the hip in single combat. He needed information from him but lacked medical knowledge, so he used what little nature magic he knew to painfully prolong the man's life until he learned what he needed to know.

It bothered him very deeply, because he is used to treating enemies honorably and respectfully - a swift/painless/dignified death or immediate aid is his way of handling his foes.

• Name: Ayle Enward
• Role(s): Noble Assassin
• Goals: Provide money for ailing sister
• Traits: Cautious, patient, and observant. Likes to catalog birds and hunt foxes with his brothers and sisters. Ever loyal to his ailing sister, Fern.
• Flaws: Extremely susceptible to blackmail, intimidation, torture. No personal willpower whatsoever beyond what is needed to do the job. Afraid of everything.
• Allies: Various noble families
• Enemies: Various noble families
• Other Relations: Fern, his ailing sister. The only person he confides in.
• Physical Description: A narrow-faced man wearing an silk tunic and linen long-sleeve shirt. Outdoors he is fond of wearing his sister's purple silk scarf as a headwrap.

Though comparisons may be drawn to your average cutthroat or mercenary, Ayle is actually a very meek and quiet man who wants nothing more than to be in the company of his beloved sister. Though he is a killer, he is not in any way a combatant or a soldier - Ayle is hired when there is no other way to surmount a political obstacle. The difference is his discretion towards the dignity of the target; a noble landowner who passed quietly in his sleep from a painless poison would generate much less outrage than a bloody confrontation in the streets. There is no flair, no drama, and no flourish in his trade.

Ayle's profession is well-known. Like the executioner, he is somewhat ostracized by the lower class and considered inherently impure by the clergy, but is generally given a great deal of trust and respect by the nobility - if someone is troublesome enough to cause waves in the circles of nobility, they would already know better than to welcome Ayle into their home.

He is only called upon to perform his assignment twice or thrice a year, with each contract providing him more than enough money for him and his sister to live comfortably, if also in isolation.

He fears for his mortal soul, wishing to join his sister in heaven after she passes.