Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Weeb edition.

Has your campaign ever went full-anime, /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here: web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1WKwyK10BvzqVb9M3lIJ0ZyraUNSuEr8y0QK6ML6d-6Y/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/rite-publishing/hengeyokai
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/vilderavn
pastebin.com/09tsv8hh
pastebin.com/X3U8jfL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Old Thread:

Current Party:
>Sexy monk in very little clothing
>Tentacle monster girl focused on grappling
>Young duelist whose familiar keeps saying lewd things into her mind
>Ditzy bunnygirl paladin focused on healing.
>Sniper girl with magical bullets that has no inhibitions about grabbing asses of people she finds attractive

I'd say we went full anime in character creation, really.

You went full XEBEC
Never go full XEBEC

It's going full anime as we speak. My party consists of: a plucky lawful good monk who always tries to see the good in people (before kicking their ass in), a magical girl (not the vigilante archetype), a magical sniper, a healing bunnygirl, and a tentacle monster.

After we wrap up this arc, we're rolling new characters, some would argue they're even more anime than before.

what the hell is XEBEC?

Welp

Well, hi there friend! Fancy meeting you here.

What is the funnest class to build? Not even to play.

Mine are paladins. There's so many ways to build them and they're all awesome.

Sorcerer for me. I love playing blasters, and sorcs do it best.

I mean, technically a one level dip in Sorcerer to get +3 to all fire damage dice and then 19 levels of wizard is more optimal, but I find sorcerer's mechanics more fun.

Aegis and Soulknife.

And after several 'stat me's' in this general, I'm sure nobody would argue.

Once one of the PC's had to fight he bad guy brother, and he gave the single most anime pre-battle speech ever. We all give him shit for it to this day.

Anime producer

>Has your campaign ever went full-anime, /pfg/?

When has it never went full anime?

Magus or Monk for me most probably. I've had some good rogue builds as well.

Alchemist, because of the sheer number of stupid builds you can get away with in that class. Fucking Killer Queen is an Alchemist.

PF is a ridiculous game where ridiculous things happen with ridiculous characters, and even when serious things are happening the game still makes it ridiculous. If there has ever been a Pathfinder game that couldn't pass as an anime I've never been present for it.

We got a good few bunnygirls in here. What race are you using for them?

Magus, Inquisitor, Alchemist and Summoner for 1pp. Initiators for 3pp.

It's a custom race. the GM let us have a 25 Race Point buy at character creation, which is part of what resulted in all this madness.

(As a third player in this game it took me a moment to guess who posted what but I think I've got it now)

Hello Everyone! The first play test of The Scholar class is available. Please feel free to view it here:
docs.google.com/document/d/1WKwyK10BvzqVb9M3lIJ0ZyraUNSuEr8y0QK6ML6d-6Y/edit?usp=sharing

The Scholar is a wandering academic, taking samples to further his research in pursuit of ever more lofty heights of knowledge, an intelligence based initiator he makes use of PoW in this pursuit. Can be build in many ways due to the variability of the class features, allowing from everything from an inventor, a bumbling academic, to a crazed surgeon.

The scholar has two main class features, his Harvest Research Material (his recovery mechanic where he may gather material and then expend it for effects) and Research Facility (a mobile fortress where the scholar may perform a variety of tasks). These for in combat and out of combat abilities. At different levels he may choose from a list to improve both of these, Harvest Research Material improving with Anatomical Study and Research Facility improving with Facility Expansions.

Facility expansions vary wildly, but give the Scholar out of combat utility in the form of limited spell like abilities, magic item creation, followers, and other creature comforts. Anatomical analogues include debuffs and status effects the Scholar may spend material on, along with escape features.

Homebrew, everyone in the campaign was allowed to play with the race builder. It's the same bunnygirl in both games because it's the same game. Baye is bae

Care to post said race for our perusal?

Given enough time, any high-fantasy game turns into Slayers.

>tfw I had to re-read multiple times to make sure this wasn't my own game because the characters are so close

uhhh... d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/rite-publishing/hengeyokai

Usagis are a thing.

You have to describe your own party now, user.

We're aware.

We didn't use it. I'm not the bunny player, so I don't know what went into the race, but everybody, even the normal humans, used the race builder with 25 points (basic human counts as 9 points, so we just picked 16 points worth of other crap)

Not really anime at all. My character would be the most anime, but we're pretty near traditional fantasy.

Party is:
>TN Goblin Alchemist/Wizard
>LE Hobgoblin Zealot
>LG Dwarf Cleric
>LN Dwarf Vigilante
>LN Kobold Bard

Weirdest thing about the party is two of the character got married at the end of the last adventure and have had kids during the six month gap (faster gestation times because non humans). I could describe them further if anyone is interested.

I'm guessing it was the goblin and the hobgoblin that had kids, but do go on

Nope. There is one edgey guy trying to be Kirito and solo all the stuff though. But his character isn't well-built and he failed at everything.

Is this the lewd game that was recruiting earlier this year? Two of those PCs sound familiar, and 25rp race buy sounds even MORE familiar.

>That lineup
>In a lewd game
D-Do you still have any openings?

>Shy healer magical girl (vitalist)
>Waitress/burglar (works in a small café and robs houses in free time) (Hidden Blade Rogue)
>Cook from the same café who is secretly training martial arts (Fool's Errand Steelfist Commando) to save his kidnapped sister
>Mad scientist with a zergling familiar (bomber alchemist with a homebrew tinkerish archetype)
>All martials, both PC and NPC, are PoW-enabled
This anime enough?

No the Hobgoblin and the Kobold had kids, not with each other. However the Hobgoblin did end up having a political marriage to a different kobold and used polymorph any object to conceive.

>Bookreader, goblin pilot. He's been a combat engineer for years, has his own construct flying machine, and has a severe hate of other goblinoids due to the fact they threw rocks at him because he read books. This isn't like kid bullying, this happened last week.

>Kernal Esma, middle aged military man. Been a soldier since his teens. Joined the party for the first time to go after a grudge match with the blue kobold matriarch after losing the extra planar dance competition three years running. This newest adventure has forced him to confront his past, which he has not liked looking back on his childhood. The last adventure also netted him a political marriage with one of the daughters of the green kobold matriarch.

>Ardovan is a cleric of Torag who was originally forced out of his home after being forced to perform trial by combat against his own brother. He resurrected him recently, but his brother had gone mad and was enraged about the whole affair. Now he is drifting around not wanting to go back to the dwarves.

>00D is an old revolutionary who joined the party for just this adventure. We don't know much about him except he fought against the oppressive rule of the Dwarven Nobles (essentially dwarves had the hyper rich and the destitute poor) but gave up some 30 years ago. The newest adventure has forced him out of retirment.

>Krik'Nak left kobold lands because life there was terrible and sought real dragons, the kind from legends. On the last adventure, the one Esma joined in on, he ended up becoming a criminal to his own people, hiding away. However he eventually reentered as the mysterious Dancer X and helped Esma defeat the Blue Matriarch and her daughter in the duet duel. He secured the daughter's hand in marriage.

(1/2)

Silly user, it's a lewd game

Everyone has SEVERAL openings, and they're all in regular use

Even without the stat-mes really.

Nope, not lewd. Occasional sex joke is the best you'll get. This game has also been running for three years. From level 5 to level 16. It's been quite a journey and has had a large cast. In world ~2.5 years has past.

Him and Esma had a falling out over Kobold culture where they cull weak children, Esma really is against this due to how his first wife died along with his child (to the party's knowledge in a "freak dancing accident but Esma killed his wife after she killed the kid). Esma doesn't want to look back at his past because his father was not the kindest individual and Esma eventually ended up killing him, actually at Esma's wife's funeral after he revealed he triggered Esma's wife to kill his daughter (there is a lot more story to this).

The current adventure is in Dwarven Territory. The nobles have been disposed, most killed or subjugated by a group of powerful Rakshasa. As best we can tell they have been given new might beyond the norm by some benefactor. We were sent on a diplomatic mission but have ended up having to hide in the sewers because the entire city has been mind controlled due to the food supply (dwarves had shit agriculture and regular starving seasons, resorted to cannibalism to the point it was ritualized in the culture). Ardovan actually accidentally killed his brother again when he tried to dispel the mind control and revealed that every citizen was also rigged to die on command.

Now we're stuck looking for help in all the wrong places, desperate to leave. Esma's wife was mind controlled and turned to stone. Krik'nak just wants to leave and Bookreader is thinking about making a deal.

Also Esma's negative personality traits which were trapped inside a psicrystal was fed three CR 20 good outsiders and allowed to turn into a colossal psionic construct monster that desperately wants to murder Esma, so it's on a rampage.

A lot of stuff has happened and I think we may all actually die.

Also we have the Monkey's Paw artifact, apparently the Rakshasa lost it, and it imprinted on Esma because he picked it up first. Now he can't use the word "wish" or fear invoking it.

For reference I'm playing Esma that's why I wrote the most about him.

Anyone has a cool Male Samsaran picture?
should I just find a random human picture and filter his skin to blue? [/spoiler

First... Insight bonus is... Well there's a LOT of insight bonuses, you know? A LOT. Especially with psi or pow classes around. Yet another one feels a little 'ugh', and will often be overwritten by higher ones.

The 'research material' entry reads as though a first 1/3 or paragraph was missing. It opens directly into how many you can hold at a time, but does so in a "drawbacks/limitations" fashion, which one expects AFTER you know what the fuck it's about.

What kind of action is that melee touch attack? Why only melee; does this mean a scholar is a "FUCK YOU NO RANGE" class? Why can you only harvest once, but unlimited when it's a corpse, and possibly also only just the once when it's a corpse also?

>"to recovery a number of maneuvers"
>to recovery

>Why would it even matter when you're disecting a corpse. What is even the use here. Combat is over. Or can you NOT recover maneuvers otherwise?

Are you aware cryptics do this knowledge-bonus stuff without having to dissect first? Go read their feats and abilities, you have not done so yet.

The other primary "study target" guy pre-investigator is the Adaptive Warrior, whose entry requirements are kinda nasty BUT is worth quite a bit if you go that route, making for utterly amazing crit-fishers (it's not so much fishing anymore) so you'll want to read that PRC as well.

The research facility is unusable and counter to adventuring. There's a REASON we don't limit alchemists to full labs. It's also ultra-vulnerable, basically an entire set of drawbacks PRETENDING they're a valuable class ability; just fucking begging for it too...

I won't even go into the stuff past this yet; the basic functions need to be fixed before we go into details for the analogues.

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me which classes you would want to have a hybrid class archetype (i.e. barbarians with wildshape, magus with eldritch blast, etc.)

>magus with eldritch blast

Yeah, this one isn't bad.
In fact a Warlock Magus who can change the shape of his blasts while infusing it with a spellstrike is a pretty good class archetype.

I never really understood why people like the Aegis so much. It just seems so...I don't know, like soulknives have great archetypes and tons of blade skills. Aegis is just "wear armor, get bigger, fly someday" it feels like.

Feel free to sell me on the Aegis, but I actually do have a question here: PvP (I know, bad idea already) E6 game set in a flying city with a handful of factions who have to basically kill each other off or starve. Or learn to work together but there are Fundamental Differences and some weird gods involved, so that's, you know, unlikely.

My general stance is that nothing beats rogues in these scenarios because the casters are usually not paranoid/teamwork-oriented enough to have full divination defense systems up all the time, which admittedly is rough at E6, and no one else has much of an answer to the simple Stealth check. Given the terrain being ranged might or might not be an advantage.

DSP and some other shit that doesn't matter (steampunk garbage classes some players like, my plan is to leave them alone if possible because I'm as sad as they are how bad every steampunk class ever written is) and I'm mulling my options. A stalker leaning ranged is obvious. I don't think anyone here has ever actually played with akashic stuff (it's so awesome, imagine if you could have like eight stances up) but a guru is another option, their nonlethal damage output is insane and there's some constructs milling about that turns their nonlethal into just lethal. I wanted to hear /pfg/'s thoughts on the matter.

In a large but ultimately enclosed "arena" with free-for-all PVP warfare, and it's E6, what do you choose and why? What's your plan? Show me your best.

Alchemist/Gunslinger
UC Rogue/Swashbuckler
UC Rogue/Antipaladin
Paladin/Vilderavn

>Barbarian with Wildshape

Eh, I'd prefer Brawler or Monk.

Bloody Roar please.

Vilderavn?

BEHOLD
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/fey/vilderavn

>Feel free to sell me on the Aegis
The options available to it mechanically allows a lot of fluff options.

You could be Alex Mercer from Protoype
Iron Man, Megaman, Armor from Xmen, a Kamen Rider, Genos from One Punch Man, etc.

Do we have a proper transparencied PNG of this at all?

That's an Antipaladin or a Harbinger if I ever saw one.

More Harbinger than antipaladin, I think. Those hexes can accomplish a lot.

Aegis and Summoner
Standard-action constructs and a lessened eidolon wearing the aegis suit

>I never really understood why people like the Aegis so much

It's like the martial version of the alchemist. The class is incredibly schizophrenic and has so little default flavor, but it's like a block of raw marble compared to the Soulknife's half-finished statue: there's so much POTENTIAL for you to carve into whatever you want.

I'm working on a homebrew archetype actually.

Its an Alchemist with an Eidolon's evolution pool.

He triggers that mutation by imbibing his Mutagen, granting him the extra limbs, wings and other stuff.

Thoughts on such an idea, /pfg/?

I'll give this a look, thanks.

>Aegis and Summoner

Funny you mention, someone from the irc's been working on that

Summoners who give up casting for maneuvers and mounted combat. I know I can be a hussar, I want to ride a fucking dragon. God. In a game called Dungeons & Dragons you would think it would be less CONSTANTLY BULLSHIT to get a hold of the fucking things.

Bloodragers with bloodline wildshapes.

Warlords who learn akashic necromancy so you can be an Indian/Arabian/Egyptian deathknight.

Cryptics with soulknives, but I can't honestly think of a cryptic feature I'd want to give up. I guess their psionics. I know they're called mindblades. I think that's unfortunate.

Current party:

>"Womanizer" played by an autistic asian kid. Super buff and wears a v-neck down to his navel
>Generic rogue
>Generic Bard
>Saboteur/Grenadier Alchemist who anonymously threatens to blow up buildings for ransom ala the Unibomber

I'm disappointed with my party

Could be worse, my party has a "suave" Vampire Vigilante (Warlock) whose Vigilante Identity is a paedophile.

He literally falls back on the "but it's what my character would do!" defence whenever we call him on his shit, and when we try to kick him out of the party, or, you know, arrest/punish him for it, the DM demands we stop the PvP. I've always disagreed with "no game is better than bad game", but I'm starting to tip. Thankfully it doesn't come up often.

Thoughts on the party?

Is there an Antipaladin archetype for acting like a model Paladin until that ONE moment you pull the rug out from under it all? That would be pretty close. Too much of the antipaladin types require a total lack of subtlety and intelligence.

Oh, if you guys haven't seen it yet, the Lords of the Wild playtest has a new Discipline (you shapeshift natural weapons and then use them immediately; it's really cool except for its one broken stance that lets you pick up like eight natural weapons on top of whatever you have already and go death blender) and werewolf rules and a Bloodrager archetype that actually does what I just described, your bloodline is werewolf and all your features help you go Gauru/Crinos.

But there's barely any actual playtesting, so I figure they could use feedback and stuff. I feel like DSP is like that guy everyone's nice to in class because he's so polite but then he throws a party and like three people show up.

An Insinuator can pull it off just fine. Their only restriction is "everything you do must be in the service of your own self-interests". That's a pretty broad umbrella.

That sounds terrible. How the hell is that a good idea? And the vigilante identity is a pedo? What does he just sneak off at night to rape kids or something?

And I just got news that our generic bard is dropping out so I have to shelve the Unibomber character so I can roll a Skald to be the party face instead

You do realize they have "hide alignment" in their spell list right? its exactly there for the purpose you want to do.

Tyrant is good. Their code talks about how they totally can work with good people, to either serve their own ends or bring them down from within.

Nothing ability-wise though. I think Insinuator comes closest, since rather than the badtouch, they can heal themselves. Only themselves though.

Ok, Battle Scion/Warlord Skald focusing on STR and CHA to throw everything into intimidate?

I think it sounds fun to play.

You guys sound pretty fucked. It seems like a solid party, I don't know what you're looking for - decent characters, nothing thrilling, nothing alarming. I like construct pilots but I hate Golarion goblins.

The dancing thing is unusual. Your game seems like it's 25% musical.

Oh, I WISH he "snuck off".

No, every time we meet anyone with a kid, or seek directions from a street urchin, or anything like that, we have to sit through a few minutes of him flirting badly, describing his creepy touching them, and trying to get them to follow him, while the DM just mumbles uncomfortably but won't grow the spine to tell him to stop OR let us do it.

And we can't just AVOID, like... civilization.

Tyrant can do it.

> This does not mean the tyrant can't take actions someone else might qualify as good, only that such actions must always be in service of his own dark ambitions

You help orphan children in order to exploit your relationship to them 10 years in the future etc.

> Hold Greatsword
> Stat block said Falchion

Oh jesus fuck I'm so sorry

How has this dude not ostracized himself from y'all's party yet? Sounds like a total creep

"Antipaladin" should never have even been given a CODE or alignment restriction at all. Being a rigidly inflexible asshole who has to follow arbitrary rules is not the proper counterpart to a Paladin.

With that garbage removed you could even make cool classic shit like being a fallen Paladin who still wants to fight for good in the end. Or just a Paladin-like who refuses to follow the rules, and needs Smite Good to correct an order/cult/religion/god who he believes has strayed too far off course.

Can someone post that image with the stats for Bloodline Havoc/Intensity?

Start killing kid in his watch. Everyone of them. Use "no party PvP" to your defense.

Hey I made a similar class. The concept doesn't seem very fun on paper though

But user you linked two different games

the first one is a lewd game though
Probably not recruiting

Save it this time.

Ah, shit, the second was meant to be

Whoops meant to reply to

maybe? Contact info?

There's 5 players but we're about to finish up an arc and take a break for a few weeks, it'd give a new player time to sort everything out.

Are zealots good? Are void zealots better? I know there was a thing with the guy who wrote it and it's all oogey now, but I mean, it's written and I think a telepathic initiator is a cute idea, even if I wish it was more Warlord/Inquisitor-style teamwork. I'm not great at evaluating stuff. Sleeping Goddess looks...like a straight copypasta of Robert Vance's stuff, minus the best parts (the mindblade supercharging) and not really like other Disciplines. So I guess I should trade some of that out, but if the class itself is busted, there's no point. Anyone played it?

Rate my homebrew, /pfg/
I call it the Mutation Master Alchemist Archetype.
It gives the Alchemist an Evolution Pool he can spend on Evolutions every time he drinks a mutagen.

pastebin.com/09tsv8hh

Wait, the Mutation Mutagen doesn't replace anything? It's just a straight buff to alchemist from what I can see

Yeah, I could nerf or get rid of bombs considering this archetype was designed to RIP and TEAR

Remove bombs.

Done. Here's the fix.
pastebin.com/X3U8jfL0

That's in the default code as well.

Where did you get all your pics, user?

Granblue Fantasy.

Found a download link in a japanese gaming site and got 500 character png images.
No backgrounds. Awesome for making roll20 tokens.

Zealots are pretty neat now even though they've fallen a bit far from their original conception.
Collectives in general are just great mechanics and roleplay.
Move action recovery really gives it something unique, and if you have a good source of healing (Silver Crane, Elemental Flux, etc), you can really indulge in being a 'wireless tank'.

Sleeping Goddess is nicer than you give it credit for as well: it has a lot of neat ideas that make it more fun than most of the PoW1 disciplines, though do be careful you don't get stuck against a load of things immune to mind-affecting.
I particularly like its Unbroken Stride stance, its mind reading strike, and its free-action-teleportation-with-setup boost.

So I my friend is making a oneshot where anything goes, 1pp/3pp/homebrew etc. So I want to make a ranged gun magus and try gesalt. Should I do Wizard(Spellslinger)/Magus(Eldritch Archer) or Gunslinger(X)/Magus(Eldritch Archer) One does more magic the other more gun stuff. The latter is also more MAD unless you go Siege gunner. What do you guys think? Originally I was going to just do a Level dip wizard spellslinger the rest magus eldritch archer but with the option of gesalt I don't have to.

>Gestalt is optional

...What? How does this work?
Are some party members going to be gestalt while others aren't?

Eldritch Archer / Spellslinger

Named Bullet + Disintegrate Combo

Also, just grab Craft Magic Weapons to make a reliable gun that doesn't misfre.

My Skype is Gee-chan if you are interested, but don't feel pressured to invite me if the rest of the group is already fine with the game as it is.

Zealots are EXTREMELY powerful but feel low impact. A creation zealot is able to make his party essentially untouchable. A support focused zealot is the most powerful combat support character in the game, Paizo or DSP.

Not that guy, but we DID have a houserule for gestalt vs non-gestalt players.

"Every level up, you either grab 2 levels of 1 class or 1+1 level of 2 different classes."

This puts pure classes on par with gestalt classes. In that a pure class would have better BAB and saves and faster class feature progression, while a gestalt would have more varied options.

Mechanically false.

A pure caster would wreck shit than a gestalt caster since they'll get spells sooner.

>Wizard/Warder/Bladecaster
>Sorcerer/Warlord/Bladecaster
>Psion/Warder/Awakened Blade