In this thread we decided what a contraption would be

In this thread we decided what a contraption would be.

I'll start off pretty boring, a contraption is a 1/1 defender with tap, pay 2 generic, deal 1 damage to target creature or player.

Landmine.
Sac: do 2 damage to target attacking creature without Flying.

Anyone who posts in this thread will lose their virginity.

Contraption
Creatures that creature with banding you control with Contraption until end of turn.
Whenever equipped creature's power and times you control can't be blocked except by creatures that's a coin. Dwarf it. It has "Tap; add G to your mana pool."
2/1

Contraptions will probably be something like grounded thopters, maybe standard 2/1

Excuse Me?

Please

Ideally I'd like a contraption to be an artifact creature type that riggers create - each rigger would create a different type of contraption.

Alternately, they could be a generic 1/1 or 2/1 artifact creature token that riggers create on etb or tap and which riggers empower and grant abilities to Sliver style.

To complicated...
Contraption = artifact with level up or assemble as you call it....
Seeing how it has to deal with riggers some might have tap an untap creature you control.

Make "Assemble a Contraption" an action almost identical to Investigate except instead of a clue you get a Contraption.

Contraption
{}
Token Artifact - Contraption
Sacrifice ~: Add {C} to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast artifact spells.

If they ever do contraptions then this is the most likely scenario I think.

Yeah, this is perfect. I imagine there will also be several permanents that give contraptions some other ability, like a red creature giving them "T: This artifact deals 1 damage to target player." or something making them function as Clue clones maybe.

Contrap-ception (4RR)
Legendary Artifact Creature - Contraption Avatar
This creature's power and toughness are equal to the combined number of contraptions and artifacts on the field.

Whenever an artifact is removed from the field, deal 1 damage to target creature or player.

Whenever an artifact returns to the field gain one life.

Contrap-ception has the activated abilities of all contraptions in your graveyard.

A contraption is an artifact subtype.
Assembled contraptions like the effect of that goblin are just there with no special rules or anything, rather they act as a useful form of fodder and the haste ability would affect artifact creatures you control with contraption.
Maybe black will have flesh contraptions too.

The problem isn't asking "what is a contraption," but rather, "what does 'assembling a contraption' mean?"

I propose that contraptions are going to be cards that are kept either in your command zone or in your sideboard, and will act similar to conspiracies. Whenever a contraption is assembled, you get to play a contraption from this other zone and cast it

Roborosewater, is that you?

God the replies to that twitter account gives me cancer. I had no idea how casual people could be before that. Am I the mega-autist?

Yes. And that makes you better than them.
One of us! One of us!

Damage needs a source, you asswipe.
>Returns to the field
What the shit?

Nigga you best be joking

I really fucking hate you, OP. Contraptions are a joke, they're a gag that should be left alone. Not everything from Future Sight should be realized. Some of that shit was just for laughs.

Worse than a niche card, Steamflogger Boss is a fucking aberration. It has no application anywhere and it never should.

I think this is pretty likely desu, though the actual effect of the contraption seems too similar to scions imo.

This. If contraptions are tokens then they would just say "put a token into play" but monstrous shows that you can use any term you want when it comes to messing with already existing things.

I believe, considering the card that that art is from, that Contraptions should be a kind of Defender creature, namely because Steamflogger boss shows that there could be a kind of synergy there.

I think, considering the color that Steamflogger boss is, and the +1/+0 and Haste, that Riggers would Assemble a Contraption each time they deal combat damage to a player, or when a creature is killed by a Rigger.

That way, Riggers become a powerhouse of synergy where they attack, and each time they attack they produce a Defender creature that can block in their stead.

Then you have creatures that will add things to either contraptions or riggers. Creatures with "Boss" in their name would power up Riggers, while Riggers with "Tinker" in their name would power up your Contraptions, all with different effects.

It would be a really deadly combination for aggro, and would probably work with three colors that work well with Artifacts (I have no clues as to what those three colors are), with Riggers and Tinkers from different colors granting different effects. Maybe a Black Tinker would give his Contraptions Undying, or a Blue Boss would give his Riggers flying.