CYOA Thread

Previous Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/ZEHtyRG
reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/3dc0wz/lets_say_you_can_choose_the_classification_and/ct3ssij?context=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Name 7 cyoas with actual lore.

Define "actual lore".

Ordion user usually posts his CYOA with some lore.

The Game of Alice
forbidden lore

>implying any CYOA named in response will be found to have "actual lore" as opposed to "fake, stupid, lewd lore".

Also, Accidental Magical Girl.

I looked this shit up.
Accumulated knowledge or beliefs held by a group about a subject, especially when passed from generation to generation by oral tradition. See Synonyms at knowledge.
So user wants a CYOA that imparts him with the wisdom of his forefathers.

Someone post Viking Rape CYOA then.

Princess Revival
Traveler
Conduit
Hunter CYOA
Kingdom Diplomacy
Royal Guardian
If...
Space Opera Refugee

Here ya go

this .Princess Revival
Traveler
Conduit
Hunter CYOA
Kingdom Diplomacy
Royal Guardian
Space Opera Refugee

The arrival though, that's pretty damn good if you want to be a prince.

another change

currently working on the equipment page
and i do appreciate if y'all point out the typo and grammatical error. any criticism is a fine too

Royal Revival
Hunter
Royal Guardian
Kingdom Crusher
A lot of Liminal's stuff
Grand Hunt
Stardust

I think these all handle fluff really well in different ways. Like, those first four are just variations on 'you get powers in medieval fantasy world' but they all manage to have a distinct feel to them, and they fit a lot of worldbuilding into a limited space without just resorting to some sort of big infodump section.

Just setting things in the real world is a good alternative, too. Both versions of Spellbook made it work well.

it's not critic, nor a request, i just want to say that i like immortal cyoa. That's it. (out of topic but your CYOA is great keep it up! (hopefuly there's a healing power though nvm) God bless! )

>If....
Unfamiliar with that one do you have it?

If....only i had it, but i don't

Yea, here.

thanks user, maybe i'll try to make an immortal cyoa if i can.

What the hell is that thumbnail, is that jist my phone being retdarded? Anyway, page 2

This is hilarious, but also painful to read through, and confusing as hell.

Fotgot to mention Rapture Academy as well. Any male focused cyoas?

yeah, something's fucked up with that page.
I can open it in a new tab, but it looks tiny.

Add-on:

Pokemon Personified
Great War of Ordion
Armored Core
Raptue Academy

Sry, captcha timed out or baka

>All your companions are memories.
>All of them are most likely dead.
>You can't save anybody.
>All of them had shit lives.
Fuck this shit.

But user you haven't started making any of the seven cyoas yet.

Things you like in CYOAs or want to see more of?

>Environments
>Detailed food and drink choices
>More focus on world and self and less about companions
>Potion making

My struggle with balance continues. I finally got myself to fix this thing. Consider this a some sort of a WIP of an update. If you have a complaint about something, please put in a suggestion on how to fix what you didn’t like, this will make things easier. I know I shouldn’t turn rebalancing into a collective effort, but don’t we all want good CYOAs here? I certainly don’t want people to keep throwing shit on my non-existing name because of this CYOA being unplayable.

Changelog:
1. There now is a nice little “Update Bet” inscription in the upper left corner.
2. Because of many, many complaints about this one phrase in the end of Hero path, I was forced to change it, put away my fedora and wear a smaller one instead.
3. You now have 8 points to spend instead of 5.
4. You are no longer limited in number of powers you can take, though still punished.
5. I switched costs of some powers around.
6. Added a number of clarifications to various powers.

7. No one likes my followers, but there is nothing I can do about that. No changes here.

>Thessians
>The Festering
>Endless cycle of beasts being born.
>Pursuers are those who hunt down creatures in Thessian
>Some legends say he gathered many objects he made from portraits to dolls of her and moved to the land of Thessian seeking a way to bring Beverstia back using something called Umbala.
>Fealece thinks her age makes her useless.

Is Thessians, Yharnem? It sounds like Yharnem and Fealece sounds a little like Eileen the crow.

>replayability
>enough power to actually do shit
>good lore

>More focus on world and self and less about companions
I don't care about them, and hardly read them. I know it's easy to use companions as loredumps, it just means I won't read it (and yes, I know that's entirely on me).

8. You are no longer limited in number of flaws you can take, but in the number of points you can get from them instead.
9. Number of points you can get from flaws is increased all around.
10. Clarified the number of ‘Wanted’ you can take and added a limitation to ‘Allies’ perk as well.

I’m going to break my long standing tradition of disappearing into the darkness each time I post a CYOA (which makes a grand total of 2 times) and remain in this thread to listen to your suggestions and propositions. I am determined to fix this CYOA, so if I get harsh critique, I will endure it. But please don’t be mean.
Also, while I am here right now, I am open to hear what you didn’t like about Blood magic. Especially from those people who said it was mediocre and half-baked. I’ll expand it too one day, so it will be good to fix some things I wasn’t aware of before I started working.

>Lore
>Focus on companions
>Replayability
>Enviroments/Quests with lore

This guy just starts talking about his stupid nerd shit like I know what he's talking about.

>I’m going to break my long standing tradition of disappearing into the darkness each time I post a CYOA (which makes a grand total of 2 times) and remain in this thread to listen to your suggestions and propositions.

Absolute madman, how will you remain sane?

But user, I am not sane to begin with.

Of course not, you stopped disappearing into the darkness.

He was born in it, molded by it. He didn't see the light until he was already a man.

>Detailed food and drink choices

...How does this play out? Like, is the whole thing about food?

>this is OC btw

Don't forget that even some of the memories are apparently dying.

Welcome to not!Dark Souls/Demon Souls/Bloodborne

>interesting choices, where you can't have everything and have to think about it
>some balance between positives and negatives
>good visuals
>cyoas with philosophical or political themes

Vampire King

Oh hey another new CYOA-
>It's more Kit shit
oh

Be nice, baka.

It would be neat to have a hybrid option.

>philosophical themes
You mean memory death?

>political themes
there's ends of this spectrum you either get something like Kingdom Crusher and its DLC or something /pol/ cooked up to stir shit.

Can you choose multiple options under Body/Special?

Race: Loli (17)
Body: Jacked (16), Cute (Free)
Special: Yan (15), Chaos Magic (11), Weapon Master (9)
Hero: Cillie (5)

Need more choices and more men options. I want the dick.

A few notes just from a quick glance:
You might want to make it clear that the "you will only maintain the status quo" is not necessarily literal, unless you really do mean that people who take that option are locking themselves in to never effecting any change on the setting, in which case, why the fuck would you do that? Same thing for some of the others (particularly the get caught on the Villain option).

What happens if you take The Seraphim without actually taking a power? Would you have to choose a shard if you don't actually take a power? What about "Identity Revealed"?

You might clarify the cost on the Cauldron Vial. Just having an "X" there makes it look like a placeholder got left in the CYOA, it took me a minute to realize what it meant.

I think the Blind Spot-equivalent of most previous Worm CYOA were considered pretty essential perks to take, so you might want to try to make it a bit cheaper. Now that you have more starting points it isn't as much of an issue, but if someone who considers it a requirement to survive plays, it's hefty enough to still pretty much force the use of drawbacks. Alternatively you might just make it explicit that Contessa/Simurgh aren't going to autokill you for out-of-canon knowledge (I know you sort of imply it at the very end, but it's pretty easy to skim, and doesn't really say anything definitive).

Also two of the extras definitively make the world harder to survive, which makes me think they should count as drawbacks/give points, and one of them ensures you don't have to deal with an awful person, which makes me think it should cost points.

I think the Drawback point limit may be a bit on the low side, but that's probably just me. If you ever consider adding difficulties though, I think having different difficulties have different Drawback point limits would be a better way to make them feel distinct than the way most of the other Worm CYOA do (just alternate starting point values).

I liked bloodmagic. One of the better ones posted in a long time

This. What's the point in being the waifu if there's no dicks in the equation?

Half Dragon 6
Jacked 1, Intriguing 1, Lustful 2
Yan 1, Weaponmaster (Level 2) 2, Chaos Magic 4
Barem 3
"Hooneeeey, I dealt with those villagers that were looking at you lustfully!
...and with the rest of the village too!
Hoooney, where are youuu?"

Race: Catgirl
Body: Cute, Feminine, Well-endowed
Special: Sweet, Weaponmaster (Longbow), Power Magic

I'll use the rest of my points to summon the girl I've outlined, and then transport us both back to Earth.

-Waifus
-Lewds
-Lolis

>You might want to make it clear that the "you will only maintain the status quo" is not necessarily literal

Would mentioning that in the text before the paths suffice?

>not taking a power

Since the whole point of this CYOA is about being a parahuman, this is a minor concern. I don't think I should clarify anything about this.

>You might clarify the cost on the Cauldron Vial.

Alright, I guess.

>I think the Blind Spot-equivalent of most previous Worm CYOA were considered pretty essential perks to take, so you might want to try to make it a bit cheaper.

Just because everyone wants additional safety doesn't mean it should be cheap. If you want to survive an encounter with a precog and can't afford this perk - don't mess with them, that's simple.

>one of them ensures you don't have to deal with an awful person, which makes me think it should cost points.

If you are implying that Taylor is awful, I'm going to fight you. Not literally. Or maybe yes. Though I will add points for extras, maybe.

>different difficulties

Definitely no, I'm not adding modes.

There's the utopia cyoa. It's ironically far from perfect but I like the way it reveals people's political unconscious.

m.imgur.com/ZEHtyRG

>being a manly man
>alcohol
>lewds
>power
>no caster supremacy

really? monstergirls and there's no cowgirl choice?

>halfdragon (14)
>jacked (13)
>well endowed, insanity edition (9)
>Lifetime, I ain't dying yet! (4)
>Weaponmaster (4)
>Cillie (0)

Race: Half-Dragon (-6)
Body:
Intriguing (-1): Scars. EVERYWHERE.
Jacked (-1)
Lifetime 2 (-6)
Special:
Weaponmaster 2 (-2)
General Magic 2 (-4)
Power Magic (-3)
Mechanic (-2)
Hero: Pffhaha

Oh, what a shame, I didn't have enough points for a hero. How tragic.

Here's a PDF of this for those who want it

You'd think a few of the heroes would be male..; I bet Angelanon would have liked this one.

>If you want to survive an encounter with a precog and can't afford this perk - don't mess with them, that's simple

Unfortunately, Contessa regularly uses her Path to Victory to kill or suborn anyone who would put Cauldron and by extension ,their plans, at risk. Since Cauldron is made of hard people making hard decisions (while hard) it's not a good idea to go into the situation while being able to expose them.

You might decide you need to shortly before getting killed to death.

They could all be traps and futas user.

You know the picture for the light elf race and the picture for the lifetime perk are the same right?

Did she finally leave or is she dead?

Now there's a world for the Utopia CYOA.

The questions about not taking a power were questions I was actually curious about the answer to, not something I thought needed to be clarified in the CYOA.

>If you want to survive an encounter with a precog and can't afford this perk
It's less about having an advantage in a fight against a precog, and more about not getting autokilled by Simurgh/Contessa/possibly Scion with no provocation on your part. Particularly since WB has actually dropped some WoG implying Scion might, in fact, roam around murdering potential threats (reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/3dc0wz/lets_say_you_can_choose_the_classification_and/ct3ssij?context=3 see the line "You were a threat to Scion, his path to victory figured that out, so he took you out of play in the most efficient way possible."). To be fair, though, that is part of a hypothetical scenario. Contessa and Simurgh still stand.

Also, my condolences on posting your update within ten minutes of a Waifu OC getting dropped.

Drawbacks less about "you get fucked over" and more about "you need to overcome this".

Agreed on food and drink choices.

>Unfortunately, Contessa regularly uses her Path to Victory to kill or suborn anyone who would put Cauldron and by extension ,their plans, at risk.
> WB has actually dropped some WoG implying Scion might, in fact, roam around murdering potential threats

Well, damn, I guess I should change it or give immunity to the big 3 precogs away for free.

>The questions about not taking a power were questions I was actually curious about the answer to, not something I thought needed to be clarified in the CYOA.

Alright.

>What happens if you take The Seraphim without actually taking a power?

If you still take one of the Gifts, she'll still follow you, since they are they main reason she's interested in you. How do they work? Where do they take energy for their abilities? No one knows. But even if you won't take them, she'll still watch over you, thought not as diligently, because you still came from an entirely different multiverse altogether through unknown means with seemingly no energy spent.

>Would you have to choose a shard if you don't actually take a power?

I guess no, since there won't be a point to it. But you still can take it and then go through a trigger event, though your power will be randomized instead.

>What about "Identity Revealed"?

It will basically mean that you became (in)famous without the cape requirement.

>Also, my condolences on posting your update within ten minutes of a Waifu OC getting dropped.

Waifu CYOAs are getting posted all the time, I'm not really surprised.

Brown Elf OP

This looks complete and there isn't really room for one more race, but as a general request for the future I would ecstatic if there were an Orc option. Gap moe buff tusk cuties are a best!

>Race
Delicious Brown Elf 15

>Appearance
Jacked 14
Feminine 13
Lustful 11
Well-endowed 9
Lifetime 6
I ain't dying yet! 3

>Special
Weaponmaster 1
General Magic

>Hero
>No big-dicked husbandos
Niilo

Cute CYOA! Definitely some other options I could've taken. I probably stacked too many points in the Appearance category but oh well. Jacked, feminine, and well-endowed? Not sure exactly what that looks like, but it sounds sexy to me.

WIP

Needs suit made of bones of enemy.

Lewd Loli Waifus.

>My drinking buddy made a new OC
Hyped

Has there been any updates on the Blackmail CYOA?

yes, of course.
noted
shit, thanks a lot, gotta change that.
ay. I see the intro doesn't add up with the Hero section, but hey, it took me 4 hours of drinking.
And then another 4 because I had so many spelling mistakes, had to make things look pretty etc.
Can't make drinking cyoas for a few days, unfortunately.

Can you guys protect this WIP while I get something to drink? Feel free to tell me if it is comfy enough. That is kinda what I am going for.

>Conspirator

>Animal Control 1

>Iscariot
>Evangelist

>Abbadon -1

>Blind Spot -6
>Manton Bypass -10
>Godslayer -15

>S9 Recruit -8
>Birdcaged -15

>Candle

>Cycle Continues

Whoops, I accidentally the multiverse.
I mean, bringing Eden home on a leash may not have been the best idea, but I saw both of them through Evangelist and just had to go for it.
Okay, fine, maaaaaybe I could've used Contessa to find a better way, but I conquered half a country without her, and it seemed obvious what to do.

Looks neat so far.

You know "animal" actually refers to a specific category of life that the entities don't necessarily fit, and not just "any life that isn't human," right?

>stats
>comedy
>serious world buillding
>lewd/waifu

i know its a saturated market but the dick wants, what the dick wants.

I, for one, like what I see so far.

>WizardSchool.png
Looks good so far.

kit, i fucking love you.

And Godslayer specifically lets my powers affect Endbringers and the Entities.

Shouldn't Loli get Lifetime for free?
Or do they not look youthful for most of their lives (not sure if I want to even imagine what old loli looks like)?

good point, but their cost would have to increase proportionally.
Lolis would have to cost 5/6 points, and all you end up with is a childlike Human that picked two perks.
Then, the same point can be applied to Catgirls, making those also expensive as fuck. I don't like forcing certain traits upon you (not that often).

No trap option... why even bother.

Hey kit, can you do me a favor and make a husbando CYOA or at least add in those options in the next/current one? I'm a straight male, but with all the waifu stuff, even I'd enjoy seeing some more male action.

>Now with extra width because fuck you!
Fuck you too, Odin

Redhead Halfblood Viking

>Muscle (8)
Two-Handed Melee 6
Full-Body Beard 4
Bellow Lungs 3
Might +3 0

>Beard (4)
Flagellation 2
Lubed Beard 1
Bushiness + 1 0

>Rape (7)
Freya 5
Katla 4
Sigrid 2
Gryten 0

>Full Traits
Two-Handed
Breathe Anywhere
*Swimming
Shield
Double Team
Might: 10
Bushiness:3
Rape Level: 7

>Challenges
The Warp 140
Giant Mountains 280
The Ithica 400

>Reward
VALHALLA (THE REAL ONE)

Could've taken some slightly easier challenges and had some fun with it, but I thought I'd mildly minmax my points. If I could've taken my wives with me I might not have chosen Valhalla but it's a damn good reward either way.

Kind of a confusing CYOA since I had to keep going back and changing my build a little bit to try and get the challenges I wanted. 420 points is possible for the dankest viking out there but I am happy enough with my build that I didn't want to mess with it more. Craftworld probably would've been a more enjoyable rape than the Warp but oh well.

Wife ranking (descending order):
Katla
Freya
Gryten
Sigrid

Sounds like you don't consider having a penis intriguing enough.

>Lewd
>Waifus
>Lewd waifus that are more than just a selection of fetishes
>Stats
>Not enough points to get everything you want
>Drawbacks
>Numbers and points and hard decisions

>world building (or a decent try at using a pre-existing setting)
>options
>drawbacks, especially those that aren't drawbacks to everyone
>lewds
>required secondary powers, either as part of the initial purchase or separately

My favorite example of the last one is all those CYOAs that expand dong and then don't give you power/stretchy companion/whatever to let you stick it in anyway.

Fine, this seemed obvious before, but I'll have to specifically forbid people from controlling entities, godslayer or no godslayer.