Dragonball Quest #19

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>Information on the MC

pastebin.com/26cbDMzF

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a twelve year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

21st World Martial Arts Tournament

>>youtube.com/watch?v=nhScFOYNEoM

Block the rock

You drag yourself out of the ocean and collapse, the last thing you see being the stars before you pass out.

When you wake up, it's a bit brighter, though you can see that the light is coming from a fire nearby. Your hands are bound, and your cannonball is no longer on your back, sitting instead a few feet away. You attempt to break the ropes, but your limbs feel like jelly. You don't have the strength to free yourself.

You notice a large shape by the fire, and as your eyes adjust, you see that it's a large bear-man, sound asleep.

You also see a pot sitting next to the fire, along with several sharp objects and a book titled "To serve Man: It's a Cookbook!"

You don't like where this is going.

Besides the crackling of the fire, and the snoring of the bear, there are no sounds. You don't think there's anyone else with your kidnapper, but that doesn't really help you since you're so tired from training that you can't break the ropes that bind you.

You spot your sword sitting on the other side of the room. If you can get it out of its sheath, you can cut the ropes binding your hands and escape before the bear man wakes up.

Or, you could try crawling out of the cave and hope there's someone outside who can help you.

You should act quickly. There's really no telling when this thing will wake up.

>A. Crawl across the cave and use the sword

>B. Crawl out of the save

PREPARING FOR GAINING POWER AND COMMITTING

>TRUE VIOLENCE

>>A. Crawl across the cave and use the sword
It's the smart thing to do in this situation.

>B. Crawl out of the save
SAVE, you say?

Typo, sorry

>A. Crawl across the cave and use the sword

You slowly crawl on your belly across the cave. Luckily for you, your captor bounds your hands in front of your body, so you're able to push yourself a bit on your hands.

The bear snores away as you move at a snail's pace, your arms and legs crying out in pain from the strain you put them through previously. You keep as quiet as you can to keep the large creature from waking up, as you would have very little chance of beating him in your current state.

You make it across the cave, and wriggle as close to the sword as you can, struggling a bit before you manage to pull the sword enough to reveal the blade. You quickly begin rubbing the ropes binding your wrists against the sharp end.

The bear snorts in his sleep as you manage to cut your hands free. Now able to properly use the sword, you free yourself from the rest of your bindings, strapping the sheath to your back as you stand up.

You take a moment to look around. The bear does seem to have a few interesting pieces of property. Not far from where your sword was stashed, there sits a chest, open to reveal various trinkets such as jewelry, weapons, bottles of various alcoholic drinks, and clothing.

You hear a sound, and look to see the bear sitting up, yawning loudly and opening his eyes. He tiredly looks around until he sees you, and he snaps to attention, rising to tower over you and stare down with a hungry glare.

>A. Ask where you are

>B. Tell him to let you go

>C. Grab a bottle from the chest and throw it at his face

>D. Grab something sharp from the chest and throw it at him

>E. Draw your sword

>F. Try to run

>G. Something else

>>E. Draw your sword

>B. Tell him to let you go

>A. Ask where you are

In that order.

>>A. Ask where you are

>>A. Ask where you are

>E. Draw your sword
>G. Something else
Ask him wtf he thinks he's doing and that if he doesn't let us go we'll cut him.

Rolled 71, 51, 77, 11, 18, 4, 6, 25, 22, 35 = 320 (10d100)

I wonder how many rolls over 90 there are in the next 10 rolls.
Statistics would say "average of 1"
Let's see how badly we fuck statistics.

Well would you look at that, I cleared a lot of shit rolls.

You may now resume rolling over 90 on every single DC.

You draw your sword, staring up at the creature defiantly despite your great weakness. You try your best to look confident, but you know that if this comes to be a fight, you will not have much chance of survivor.

"Where am I?" you ask him.

"My cave," the bear tells you. "But you're supposed to be on the ground where I left you. I didn't order dinner to go, so you aren't going anywhere."

You warn him that if he doesn't let you go, you'll cut him.

He laughs. "That's funny, kid. But I like being entertained when I eat. So you can keep being funny all you like."

He steps toward you, grinning down at you and revealing the large, sharp teeth he intends to use in devouring you.

The bear raises a large paw, getting ready to swat you to the ground.

>A. Stab his hand when he strikes

>B. Try to run around him

>C. Back up and try to think of something to do

>D. Dodge

>E. Something else

>E. Something else
Channel ki through the sword, akin to the wolf fang fist and take his entire paw off.

>E. Something else
Dive forward under his attack and shiv him in the groin.

You are pretty much entirely out of energy, user.

Does Tofoo even know what a Ki is at this point?
He lucked into the Kamehameha, and views it as a feeling of warmth that rises in your body and moves to your hands.
I'm not sure he entirely knows that life energy exists, or how it works.

... wait, we are a He, right? Or did we not decide that yet.

>>C. Back up and try to think of something to do

>Use the walls to bounce off of if you can

>A. Counter-Stab his hand when he strikes, after dodging if possible

You are a He. And you get that you're taking something inside of you and turning it into an attack. It tires you out every time, so you've probably put two and two together.

Deadlock

Do you think we might be able to get in the Semifinals this tourney?

Yes, it all depends, of course, but you have a chance to make it all the way to the finals with luck, good rolls, and hard work

eh, might as well samefag myself.

I'm here

Flip dat coin.

As he swings, you throw yourself to the ground between his legs and stab upward with your sword, catching him in the last place a guy wants to be stabbed.

He lets out a pained roar and steps back, blood dripping from between his legs as he moves his paws to cover the wounded area. In pain and anger, he kicks his pot over, and falls back against the wall, continuing to howl in agony.

>A. Attack while he's hurt, stab him in the throat

>B. Get out while you can

>C. Something else

>A. Attack while he's hurt, stab him in the throat
Shit yes, time for true violence

>>A. Attack while he's hurt, stab him in the throat

"Sorry, but you brought this on yourself" *Finish the job*

FIRST SENTIENT KILL
FIRST SENTIENT KILL
FIRST SENTIENT KILL

>>B. Get out while you can

>B. Get out while you can

You probably won't get another chance at this, and you're pretty sure that once he stops going nuts about his nuts, he's going to be pretty angry and want to kill you.

And you probably won't be able to stop him.

Rushing forward, you pull your sword back and thrust it into the bear's throat, coating the weapon in blood as the creature gasps and goes still.

You fall back onto the ground, pulling your sword free in the process as you catch your breath from the adrenaline. What you just did sinks in, and you take a moment to process it.

You just killed someone. Not a dinosaur or an animal, but a person. You know that you had to do it to keep yourself alive, and that he forced you into that position, but you still feel very sick to your stomach.

At least you're alive.

You're even more exhausted than before, sore all over and ready to fall back asleep.

>A. Rest here until you recover your strength

>B. Leave the cave

>C. Something else

>C. Something else
Search for food, then

>B. Leave the cave
Don't sleep next to a dead thing. That's all kinds of a bad idea.

I wonder if his last thoughts were "Shit, should've just let him go" or "Ow my balls"

"My baaaaaalls!"

Well, it's not like we just attacked the guy without warning or justification.

>C. Look for any sign of something else living here.

LIKE HIS FAMILY

>A. If no sign,
>B. If yes.

Did we break some rule of the canon tho, killing a guy with a sword?

You manage to pull yourself back off of the ground, and take a look around the cave.

There's no signs of anyone else living here, so you assume the bear was by himself. That means you shouldn't have to worry about unexpected visitors here, or anyone coming for revenge.

There's a rumbling in your stomach, and you take a moment to look around for food. You search the trunk first, but find nothing.

Tired, you sit back down, but when you look up, you see a large sack hanging from the ceiling, too high for you to reach.

Maybe there's food in there?

>A. Throw your sword and try to cut the sack down

>B. Forget it, take a nap

>C. Leave the cave

No, you can occasionally get sword kills. Trunks did.

>B. Forget it, take a nap

Eh, screw it.

>>B. Forget it, take a nap

You're too tired to deal with this. You lie down as far from the body as you are able, close your eyes, and fall back asleep.

When next you wake, the fire has died, the bear has begun to stink, and you feel that some of your strength has come back. You're still a little sore, but you can take care of yourself now.

The cannonball is on the ground, and there's rope. You can easily reattach it. And that sack is still hanging from the ceiling, maybe it has food.

>A. Reattach the cannonball

>B. Cut down the sack

>C. Leave the cave

>B. Cut down the sack
Neat.

Well, first step is to find food. If we don't, we'll have to hunt food.

>>B. Cut down the sack

>B. Cut down the sack

But SOM

Didn't we already do that? :)

>B. Cut down the sack

It's 'Food' alright, just not the food we want.

It's Yamcha's corpse.

For when we leave,

>A

You toss your sword up at the ceiling, slicing through the rope holding the sack and bringing it down to you.

Setting it on the ground, you open it to reveal a wide array of fruits and vegetables.

Your belly rumbles, and you dig in, devouring what must have been enough food to last the bear weeks in a matter of seconds.

Goku would be proud.

With your belly full, you reattach the cannonball to your back and head outside.

You're at the top of a hill, with a trail leading right to the mouth of the cave. You look to see that the trail leads into a forest that stretches for miles. Looking around, you also see that the cave is at the base of a tall mountain that stretches above the clouds.

>A. Follow the path

>B. Try climbing the mountain

>C. Something else

>B.

>>B. Try climbing the mountain
More chance of gains.

We will learn the path of the bear through our struggles.

>>B. Try climbing the mountain

Dragonball clearly has elements based on the chinese zodiac.
But who represents Goat and Horse?

If you can walk again, you can train again, and climbing a mountain with this weight on your back should be perfect training.

Rather than looking for a path, you leap right over the mouth of the cave and start climbing up. It's steep and uneven, making it a treacherous climb, but you aren't about to give up because of that.

If there's one thing you took from Master Roshi's training is that you should never accept anything as impossible.

So, despite the difficulty and the soreness in your limbs, you keep going. You climb, passing mountain goats and birds that are perched high above the ground, and are soon about halfway there.

Suddenly, you lose your grip and slide down, stopping yourself after a few yards. Stones scrape against your belly, and you grit your teeth in pain. But, you resume climbing again, soon reaching a flat spot where you can take a moment to breathe.

The way to the peek from this point on is unbelievably steep, virtually vertical, and very smooth.

You don't see how you could climb it.

>A.Go back down

>B. Punch into the rock to create spots for you to grip. Punch-climb your way up the mountain

>C. Something else

>B. Punch into the rock to create spots for you to grip. Punch-climb your way up the mountain

>C. Something else
If we cannot go to the mountaintop
we will bring the mountaintop here.

Ka
me
ha
me..

>>B. Punch into the rock to create spots for you to grip. Punch-climb your way up the mountain

Thinking like a chick, user

No, a chick complains that the mountaintop is somewhere else, and demands that the mountaintop be brought to her, or that the definition of "mountaintop" be changed.

Bringing the mountaintop to you is a male thing.
It may be even more of a male thing, because you are altering your environment to suit yourself!

You pull back your fist and punch into the rock.

The punch breaks through the rock, creating a small hole you can stick your hand in and use as a grip to help you climb the mountain.

You punch with your other hand, creating another hole. And soon, you're climbing the peak, though it's slow going and your hands are soon hurting very badly.

As you reach the top, however, you find yourself staring up at some kind of tree, which sits alone atop the peak, its fruit hanging down toward you.

This is as high as you can go without destroying the plant.

>A. Destroy the plant

>B. Take a fruit and climb back down

>C. Something else

>C. Something else
Chill out for a bit.
Admire the view.
Relax. Practice breathing.
We did it bois

>C. Take the fruit THEN destroy the tree and proceed

You. I like you.

Supporting this. Then
>>B. Take a fruit and climb back down

Seconding.

A man's thought when faced with an obstacle:
"How can I overcome this obstacle?"
A woman's thought when faced with an obstacle:
"How can I get someone to help me with the obstacle?"
Two different lines of thought.
Both work surprisingly well, so long as the woman accepts that she'll be helping others with their own obstacles.

It only goes lopsided when you just start giving away your help FOR FREE, not even for friendship or a "thank you". Honestly you can't blame a person for taking stuff for free, but I will never understand why people just give away help for free to someone who doesn't even appreciate it.

Oh well. Probably the same reason why people share their opinions on the internet. Me sharing my opinions doesn't help me, it helps the people who learn from it, and like FUCK is anyone gonna thank me for sharting my opinion on a cantonese wood carving bbs.

You take a moment to relax, admiring the view spread out below you.

You're above the clouds, looking down on the Earth like an angel watching from heaven. You can see forest, villages in the distance, and the ocean not far away.

Your body hurts badly from the strain you've put it through, and your heart beats fast in your chest. But you've done it. You've reached the top of the mountain.

You can repeat climbs like this on a daily basis, which will greatly assist you in building strength and endurance. How should you focus your training? Master Roshi is the Turtle Hermit, living in isolation and carrying a heavy shell on his back. What should you be like?

>A. Be like a bear. Strong, able to endure. Not without cleverness, and able to hit with powerful attacks. Not that slow, either

>B. Be like a tiger. Fast, and fairly strong, and cunning, attacking with moves that target blind spots or catch the opponent off-guard

>C. Crocodile. Lie in wait for the chance to make powerful strikes, and once you get your foe in your grip, never let go

>D. The wolf, fast and ferocious, possessing some strength as well

>E. Monkey. Tenacious, clever, and hard to get one's hands on

>>F. BE THE GUY!

>A. Be like a bear. Strong, able to endure. Not without cleverness, and able to hit with powerful attacks. Not that slow, either

Either A or B

>>A. Be like a bear. Strong, able to endure. Not without cleverness, and able to hit with powerful attacks. Not that slow, either

Counterstrike AP build is a GO~!

Does Tofoo like Goku, or did we start to have nightmares about the ONE THAT KILLED MY DAAAAAD!!!?

Both. We like him, but hate the monster within him, that he can never truly get rid of because of his origins.

well at least we removed the tail.

The tail grows back.

You guys are good friends, but yeah, this user pretty much hit the nail on the head

You decide to be like the bear.

Over the next eight months, you continue with the cannonball strapped to your back. You climb the mountain every day, run around for miles and miles, and begin working on your endurance.

You can keep up physical activity for a long time, but you need to build a good pain tolerance too. Goku hits hard, you've got to be ready to take some serious attacks if you want to stand a chance against him when the tournament rolls around.

So, you've gone into the woods, poked beehives, and stood still while they've stung you all over. After weeks of doing this, the stings hurt considerably less.

Your fists get a lot more durable from months of climbing and punching your way up the mountain, and your strength increases as you challenge large animals in the forest.

When the eight months have passed, climbing the mountain is no longer much challenge, nor are the runs.

The weight you have just isn't cutting it anymore, you need something new.

>A. Go find Bulma. She can surely come up with something to help you finish your training...and help you get new clothes

>B. Continue with what you've been doing, but do twice as much of it each day

>C. Something else

>A. Go find Bulma. She can surely come up with something to help you finish your training...and help you get new clothes

SCIENCE SOLVES ALL PROBLEMS

GAINS FOR THE GAINS GOD!

And if it doesn't work we try B, Easy.

Good gains are all about science and doing it right.

Plus being alone too long turns you into a weirdo.

Seems reasonable.
She might also be able to tell Roshi and Goku that we're doing OK and we've got a lot stronger.

No you fool. We should let them assume we've been slacking this whole time. That way we can surprise them in full anime style with newfound strength and power

>GAINS FOR THE GAINS GOD!
EXP FOR THE EXP THRONE

>Roshi
Fuck Roshi.

I wonder if he ever got laid.

I wonder if Real Launch still tolerates Tofoo.

Woah, lot of hostility

HE CARES NOT FROM WHENCE THE GAINS FLOW....

The only person you can really think to turn to for help at the moment is Bulma. Goku would gladly train with you if you asked, but the whole point of coming out on your own was to not be doing what Goku was doing.

Bulma's smart. So, she can probably give you some kind of help in your training. And, your clothes are starting to get ruined from your training, so something else would be very welcome, and you're sure Bulma of all people knows a thing or two about clothes.

So, you set out to find the Western Metropolis that Bulma calls home. As it turns out, there's a city not too far from the mountain, but it is East City. Travelling West with the cannonball on your back takes you about a week, but you cover enough distance in a day to give yourself a real workout, so you're not missing out on your training.

When you finally reach West City, you ask around for directions. You're told that the Briefs family lives at a place called Capsule Corporation, and make your way there.

It's a massive, yellow building, that doesn't really look like any house you've ever seen. When you reach the door and knock, nothing happens.

You notice some sort of box on the wall by the door, with a button in it.

>A. Press the button

>B. Knock louder

>C. Something else

>A. Press the button
Also
>Reaching west city by heading west from East City
I'm pretty sure that's wrong

>A. Press the button

>>A. Press the button

>>A. Press the button
Mystery buttons are made to be pressed

You know, I've literally never seen a map of this place. Wow

Dragonball actually has a map?

You press the button, and hear a loud buzzing sound, but nothing else happens.

The box goes silent for a few seconds before buzzing again, a voice coming out of it.

"Capsule Corporation," the voice says. "Who is this?"

>A. Your name is Tofoo

>B. You're looking for Bulma

>C. Ask who this is

>D. Something else

>>A. Your name is Tofoo
>>B. You're looking for Bulma