Shinobi Quest #10

Shinobi Quest #10

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime did some planning with Hinata, picked up some practice swords, learned about puppetry and her newly named Stellar Release, and asked about her mom.

Oh, and the Hokage came to visit.

“Obviously the quality of Konoha’s leadership leaves much to be desired.”

The last thought to go through your mind as Itachi Uchiha, the man indicated to be your new sensei, left your house.

Had you hurt his feelings? You hoped he wasn’t that fragile- though he didn’t seem angry, just sort of disappointed.

Minato, the Fourth Hokage, seems frozen to the spot. He cannot believe Itachi just left.

Eventually, Kakashi Hatake, the Hokage’s right hand, speaks.

“Well, now you’ve done it, Tsuki. Cut right to the heart of the matter.”

You turn to the white haired-man, who has put his little book from earlier away.

“The Hokage wants to keep you safe- all three of you. For a new teacher, you could certainly do worse than the prodigy of the Uchiha household. Looking back, I’m grateful that my students didn’t reject me so off-handedly.” he says, walking toward the Hokage.

“The Hokage didn’t make the choice lightly. All ninja spend a few missions chasing cats, Tsuki. Just because you think you are above it, doesn’t mean you are. And besides- I hated cats. Still do.
Anyway, excuse us.” he says. He wraps his hands around the Hokage’s waist- then *poof!*- both them of have vanished!”

Is that some sort of jutsu? Interesting.

You feel…

1. Somewhat vindicated. You’re still not happy about this.
2. Remorseful. Maybe you shouldn’t have been so unpleasant.
3. Nothing. You’re glad this interruption has ended.

>2. Remorseful. Maybe you shouldn’t have been so unpleasant.

2. Remorseful. Maybe you shouldn’t have been so unpleasant.

Tfw anons are bullying best Uchiha just because they want to hang out with Danzo

I like Danzo, but Itachi's pretty cool too.

I'd rather cut to the heart of a matter than dance around it. Apologies if that gave offense Itachi-Sensei.

>3. Nothing. You’re glad this interruption has ended.
We weren't really that disrespectful, we just let it be known that he wasn't Ebisu and didnt care one way or the other if he was our sensei.

I chose it 'cause the character wouldn't really like it.

I do like both Danzo and Itachi, too.

>4. Mildly apprehensive. While you don't actually regret saying that, you're sure it'll bite you in the ass later.

Reminder

We should go apologize.

None of the original options really feel right, so yeah this.

Lets say sorry to him later and begin anew, i'll give Itachi a chance, may be a good learning experience for him and us

Nice Satan trips Wargle, but you forgot again.

Actually, yeah, this.

>1. Somewhat vindicated. You’re still not happy about this.
On the one hand Itachi definitely wasn't the intended target of criticism. On the other hand both Kakashi and Minato didn't seem to understand the ACTUAL concern or give Tsuki a chance to explain. They seem to assume she's just being a stuck-up bitch rather than considering the possibility that she's legitimately concerned that Minato's going to end up stifling her team's growth out of fear.

>4. Confused. Why didn't Itachi defend himself?
>1. Vindicated. If he can't defend himself, then obviously we were right about him.
>2. Remorseful. We didn't want to hurt his feelings, though...

Tsuki is still a teenager, if that. It's okay for her to make mistakes.

Just remember that people die every time you do. No pressure.

>For a new teacher, you could certainly do worse than the prodigy of the Uchiha household.
We need more evidence of that than simply being told so! A kickass ninja does not inherently a good teacher make. We're entirely within our rights to worry that concern over keeping us safe has sacrificed us actually getting taught.

Oops. Swore I threw it up in the title.

Some shitposting this way comes, I suppose.

Also, remorseful, but with some variety and conflicting emotions tossed in.

Writing.

Seconding
We should go explain this to Itachi.

Hmm... you've got a point. Maybe we should chase down the Hokage and try to explain things.

Nah.

Explain it to Itachi, though.

My suggestion for us during our Uhiha guided teaching is firstly make up like a mature person and a refined lady, apologize for our tardiness and say how we look forward to learning under him, give a polite bow and get down to business.

For all the thing Itachi is and isn't, he is a hard worker and a caring (but a little twisted) person. I say we make up and hit the montage

Do something along the lines of what this guy saysYeah we should apologize and explain what we meant to Itachi. Its not his fault we don't want to be useless.

Make up, but explain that we don't want to be treated like fragile dolls despite the Hokage's understandable fear of his daughter and two VIPs being hurt.

So wait, now when something super serious comes up is Minato not gonna have any right hand men to send out. Or would we go with itachi thus ruining the whole point.

>Checked
and I concur

He's got more than two trusted subordinates.

Just going to point out, Itachi was the only one of the three who treated Tsuki's concerns with any degree of seriousness.

Those guys are for something merely serious. I said SUPER serious.

We took his left hand, not his right hand

I imagine that if something super serious comes up he'd send a different jonin. Kakashi is not really that super amazing compared to the other jonin. Its just that he has the Sharingan. One of the reasons Kakashi is in his position is probably because Minato can trust him, being his pupil after all.
We should still apologize, its not like we are some uncouth mud farmer.

A bunch of subordinates at once, then.

Or we get Genma or Anko as temp. teachers.

You’re conflicted. While you meant what you said- Itachi himself wasn’t the intended target of the your criticism. He personally hadn’t done anything to stifle you, and in fact didn’t even defend himself.

Why? Why would he just walk out like that? Maybe the reaction he had gotten from Nori and Hinata hadn’t been spectacular, either….

“Tsuki.” You hear your father’s voice from your left- he’s been here the whole time, silently observing. You had entirely forgotten.

“Yes, father?” you respond dutifully.

“Did you tell the Lord Fourth about your concerns before just now?” he questions.

Oh.

“That may have ah.. Slipped my mind, Father.” you respond, eyes downcast.

He laughs. “Just like your mother. Do me a favor and at least make nice with Itachi. His ANBU corps are big customers of mine- and while I doubt he’s gonna find a better deal, it’s my policy to be on friendly terms with our clients. Last thing I need is him to be bullied by my over-eager daughter.”
You…

1. Decide to go find Itachi. It wasn’t his fault.
2. Will make nice later. You don’t feel like tracking him down.
3. Start with the Hokage, instead.

>1. Decide to go find Itachi. It wasn’t his fault.

Get it done now, strike while the iron is hot and all that.

> Itchie-sensei
> Then Minnow-kage

>3. Start with the Hokage, instead.
Easier to find then Itachi. He's a weasel.

The Hokage's kind of a moron.

I dont really like Minato in this setting.

Actually you know what we should do? If Itachi has any skill at teaching Sasuke would probably know from getting shown something. It'd be nice to clarify whether our concerns actually have merit.

He was way cooler when he was dead.

1. Decide to go find Itachi. It wasn’t his fault.

Find him and apologize, say we are sorry we were flippant and rude, we know he is going to try his best and is also following orders. Say we genuinely do look forward to learning from him and are sure we'll be attentive students. Give a respectful bow.

Why are you guys here and not in the quest board?

Because we ca

>flippant and rude
Try to suck his dick less, user. Tsuki's concerns were fully justified, and they'd be just as valid if Kakashi had been assigned to her team instead. It's a matter of whether Minato assigned Itachi to the team to help their growth or hinder it.

1. Wins. Time to go apologize to the sad sharingan.

Writing

They were valid, but voiced in the least tactful way outside a silent middle finger.

Question!
Do we show Itachi the Stellar release?

Pros:
He's our Jonin Sensei, he'll probably find out eventually.
He can help train us in it.
He has the Sharingan, and can probably use it to get a better idea of just what the hell is up with it beyond just being Really Really hot.

Cons:
Danzo might not like it.
It'll probably be noted someplace official, and thus the Hokage will know about it, as will some possible foreign ninja villages.

Let's ask Danzo first, before we do anything about it.

For the moment lets still keep it a secret.

Danzo asked us not too, so not unless we get the ok or we have too.

>Do we show Itachi the Stellar release?
To be determined. On the surface he appears to put a lot more thought into how he interacts with his future team than anyone else involved, but we have no way of knowing how that initial appearance will translate into reality.

I suggest we keep it a secret until Danzo says so

>what the hell is up with it beyond just being Really Really hot.
Um, excuse me, its Really Really hot and evidently has Mass, get it right.

Well the Sharingan can't copy a Kekkai Genkai. So Itachi's guess is as good as ours or Danzo's.

Minato is Minato. He's the source of Naurto's doofy optimism and never say die attitude, and got automatic cool points for being dead and knowing neat techniques.

But he's also a huge dork- and being strong doesn't mean you're a great parent. Especially when you're leading a nation and have a lot more things to worry about than your daughter and her friends not liking their teacher.

No, it can't copy it, but it can read how chakra interacts with the world with far more accuracy and theoretical understanding than the Byakugan.

It might be noted at this point that I grew tired of Naruto himself after the Zabuza arc.

Literally the first arc in the series

Our princess has bullied Itachi
This is the best quest

I thought Kushina was the source of all that, or at least the optimism

“Yes, father.” you say. You head outside- surely he can’t have gotten too far.

You quickly scour the manor grounds, but don’t see him. It’s midday- you doubt he’s hiding anywhere. Unless he can teleport like Kakashi seemed to be able to…

Eventually you see him- standing by the railing overlooking the Hokage mountain.

While you initially don’t want to interrupt his peaceful moment- you probably should.

“Uhm… Itachi-sensei?” you start- it comes out a bit awkward and quiet. You aren’t used to addressing him this way.

He slowly turns towards you. “Ah, Tsuki. I hope I didn’t cause a scene- I doubt Minato took that very well… Your teammates had very similar reactions. I think he was hoping that you would be a bit more accepting. Is there something I can do for you?”

“I… wanted to apologize. For all of us. We’ve been worried about how the Fourth was going to handle Ebisu-sensei’s replacement, and figured he was going to assign us a bodyguard instead of a teacher. We want to grow, not be strangled to death. We know that we can become strong, and serve Konoha as well as any other shinobi!” you gush.

Itachi smiles, and walks towards you… and pokes you right in the middle of your forehead.
“...eh? Ow! Why would you…?” you react.

“Come, sit with me, Tsuki. I would hear hear about you and your teammates, your wants and desires. If you want to become strong, I would be more than happy to help you achieve new heights. All of you three have great potential- it would be remiss of me to stagnate that on the account of Minato’s desires. He’s a good man, Tsuki- he just worries. Ebisu’s death greatly troubled him, and it was then he came to me, asking for me to take his daughter and her friends under my wing.

You…

1. Take him up on his offer, and spend some time with Itachi.
2. Politely decline, but say you will meet with him soon.
3. Decline. You’ve said your piece.

It's the Goku Dilemma
Great fighter, fucking amaaaazing fighter, total moron outside that.

He picked up his verbal tic and his contrarian habits from Kushina. Kushina definitely had a temper that Naruto didn't pick up, though.

>1. Take him up on his offer, and spend some time with Itachi.

Don't say anything about our release, though.

Also!
>Itachi smiles, and walks towards you… and pokes you right in the middle of your forehead.

Pic fucking related.

Very well.

I doubt our teammates would be much inclined to talking, and I doubt anything we said would change Minato's position.

But this is good. I'm thoroughly convinced that Itachi gets it.

We got poked.

I WANT TO CUDDLE HIM

>We got poked.

I know right?!

At a later point, yeah.

CRUSH ON ITCHIE-SENSEI WHEN

Right now

Probably when he does something no one else can and saves the day. At least in Tsuki's eyes yeah?

This ship has no breaks. FULL STEAM AHEAD

Why not now?

Though I still like the idea of a morally flexible Ojou and the goofy Rock Lee.

Right the hell now

Itachi's one smooth motherfucker. but I don't think Tsuki would be in full crush mode from a simple headpoke right?....

Probably after a few more one on one conversations and a couple more pokes.

So we gonna give the speach about how we wanna help Hinata become the Sun of Konaha? The radiant light of the day, we'll watch the night.If he asks why we do the night say our name dont really give much of a choice

Nori, not Hinata.

I was about to ask what the fuck you are on about. But then I remembered what Hinata's name means.

Spending time with Itachi.

Writing~

>Writing~
>~

Smug QM.

okay

He seems to be a good leader. It's mostly parenting that he's failing in.

...I never knew I needed to bully Itachi before.

Let's bully him more. It doesn't hurt to be a little bit tsun, right?

Or maybe now's the time for dere? After all, we don't want to be one of *those* intolerable girls. If Tsuki's gonna do it, she's gonna do it *right!*

So, pick 3 for tsun, or pick 1 for dere?

I was saving that for Winnie Quest, but I'm glad I got to use it here.

You're welcome, user!

Winnie Quest?

Part of the Ghoul School Quests, which so far have been Winnie, Phanty, and currently Sibella
look up the QM's twitter @questguy1

“S-sure, that wouldn’t be so bad, I guess…” you mutter.

You aren’t sure what to make of this man- he took your apology at face value, and now wants to spend some time getting to know you. He’s definitely earnest.

The two of you walk over to a nearby tree and sit down, across from one another.

You aren’t really sure how to start…

“Ah, let me start, Tsuki. It’s often easier to open up to people when you know more about them.” Itachi says, with the same gentle smile.

He talks about himself, his childhood among the Uchiha clan, about his love for his younger brother and his family. He says that while they’ve grown apart as he’s gotten older, that he would still do anything for them.

He talks briefly about his brief time at the academy, and his own time as a genin. It seems he too lost one of his teammates early in life. You can tell he’s trying to downplay his own accomplishments- graduating the academy at 8, becoming a chunin at 10, joining ANBU at 11… and made it’s head at 16. It’s insane. Is he even human?

You listen to everything. You figure he’s skipping over certain things, but it’s probably because of his ANBU work- classified stuff, as Danzo has explained.

“Well Tsuki, that’s me, more or less. I hope I didn’t bore you.” he says.

Far from it. He’s very interesting- for more than just a few reasons.

You…

1. Begin to tell him your story (leaving some things out)
2. Begin to tell him your story (Tell him everything)
3. Have a question before you continue. (What?)