Infinite Stars Quest 20

Twitter: twitter.com/MercCommand

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Infinite Stars Quest

Other Quests: pastebin.com/sYpqmWZg

You are Captain SAMANTHA WELLINGS, a newly minted captain of the Centauri Accord!

Currently, you were sitting in the Gullinbursti's infirmary to get some rest, when you encountered a strange scavenger named Artya, who was apparently living in the wreck of an old Hegemony cruiser. Curious, you had Tank bring her aboard for some questioning, hoping that she had information about the Graveyard, the massive debris field your sister Carly may have been hiding in.

Turns out, your suspicions were correct, beyond even your expectations. It seems that Artya not only knows Carly, but was part of her goddamn crew!

Fortunately, Artya seemed completely oblivious to this as she sat there, clad in her hastily cobbled together environment suit and draped in a grimy poncho. Her face was still obscured by her mask, which she had not taken off at all.

Now you were just standing there, staring at Artya. The masked girl tilts her head curiously, wondering why you were staring at her so intently.

>STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!
>So uh, tell me more about this Captain of yours...
>Other

>>So uh, tell me more about this Captain of yours...

We can talk, we're the captain, the one in charge of most of the talking.

>>Other
>About my height, similar hair, smaller here *gesture to chest*?
after all after that natalia potion crit we did get a size boost, heh bet we can tease carly with that.

You have to wonder what Nat does to the successes and failures of her experimentation. I'm probably sure she patented the ones that did well, which begs the question: how much money she's making on the side?

Or she could be pulling a persona of an altruistic doctor.

You fight the urge to leap across the gap between both your beds and throttling the answers out of the poor girl. You were a ship captain and you were going to be dignified like one!

"I look like this Captain of yours, you say?" You smile sweetly, trying not to put Artya on guard.

If she was, she certainly wasn't showing it. Even though you couldn't see her face, you spent enough time with Tank to be able to intuit a person's mood based solely off of their body language, and it was much easier to tell with her in her fairly form fitting environment suit than it was with Tank's power armor.

YES. Artya nods as she taps away at the keys rapidly. ABOUT THE SAME HEIGHT AND HAIR COLOR.

Artya then leans forward, and you get the impression that she was squinting throw those tinted goggles on her mask.

A SLIGHTLY BIGGER CHEST, AS WELL.

W-what?!

>Thank her.
>Scold her.
>Stay on point and keep fishing for answers.
>Other

>Thank her.
probably should reveal the familial connection soon though

>>Stay on point and keep fishing for answers.

>SLIGHTLY BIGGER CHEST
So Carly's a B to Sam's A?

She's probably making a super soldier or something in her secret lab.

Un-humph! Um, yes, now what else were you saying? (madly giggling in our head)

Sam's a B now after natalia's potions, it'd be carly that's smaller I think

Sam's only gotten the breast growth once, and Artya's saying that Carly's chest is bigger than Sam's current one

>Thank her.
Petite pride.

I still believe it's a clone/clones son/daughteru

>inb4 Carly's just a single digit higher than Sam.

"R-really now." You bite you lip as you try to stay on point. Don't get distracted! "And this Captain of yours, she doesn't happen to have a name, does she?"

CAPTAIN CARLY! Artya writes happily. THE MOST FEARSOME PIRATE IN THE FRONTIER!

Artya then pauses and looks at you, and then at Tank, and then back at you, suddenly remembering where she was.

WHOOPS. She writes again in a panic. You can almost imagine her sweating profusely under that suit of hers. I MISTYPED. PLEASE IGNORE THAT.

You look over to Tank, who gives a casual shrug. He's leaving this up to you.

>Oh no, she's not getting off that easy.
>All right, humor her for a bit.
>Other

>>Oh no, she's not getting off that easy.

>>All right, humor her for a bit.

>>All right, humor her for a bit.
Unhuh, yes, 'The most Fearsome Pirate' you say? Why don't you tell me more about her...

>All right, humor her for a bit.

"Oh no, you're not getting off that easy." You grin. "Where do you think you are?"

Artya seems to twitch nervously, like a cornered mouse.

"Oh dear, is something the matter?" Natalia asks as she walks back into the room, distracting all of you just for a moment.

A moment Artya tries to take advantage of.

>Roll 1d20

Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>Roll 1d20

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Rolled 2 (1d20)

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Engaging CQC

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Rolled 2 (1d20)

You're not getting away, Stalker!

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Rolled 9 (1d20)

Artya immediately tries to bolt, scrambling off of her bed and dashing for the door. However, Tank is already at the door and merely slides into place like a massive wall of steel, blocking the way.

"Natalia! Help me stop her!" You yelp as you jump out of your own bed after her.

"Ohoho, an opportunity to test this!" Natalia giggles as she pulls out some odd looking pistol out of her lab coat.

"The FUCK is that?!" You blink as you make a grab for Artya, but she just manages to slip out of your reach with a quick heel pivot.

"Just a simple tranquilizer gun!" Natalia giggles.

It's then that Artya bends her legs and leaps straight up to the ceiling. At first you're wondering what she was thinking, until you see her quickly pry the great off of the ceiling vent. Was she trying to escape through there?!?

"Someone stop her!" You grunt as you leap and grab Artya by the ankles, weighting her down.

"Coming~!" Natalia says in a singsong voice as she skips over and you hear a few soft puffs.

You see a trio of darts plunge into Artya's back and the girl's body tenses and spasms for a second before finally relaxing, the girl letting go of the vent and dropping right down on top of you in a totally not embarrassing pile if it were taken out of context.

"Agh!" You squeak. Thankfully, Tank is there quick as lightning, and gently pulls the unconscious Artya off of you.

"So what shall we do, Captain?" Natalia asks, her eyes sparkling. "Full strip search? Experimentation?"

Tank eyes her suspiciously.

>Take her to the brig for now.
>Lets get a full medical on her.
>Other

>>Lets get a full medical on her.
gotta make sure the tranquilizer doesn't do something funny in the long run.

>>Take her to the brig for now.

No experimentation yet

no experimentation on her, or any other subjects with no or unwilling consent. Unless it is waived by me.

Let's do some Medicine...

>Take her to the brig for now.

"Do a full medical on her." You try to catch your breath as you get back up to your feet. "But ONLY a medical! No crazy or wildly unethical or even vaguely unethical experimentation! Got it!"

"All right..." Natalia sighs, as if YOU were the big party pooper here. "Well, I suppose I can handle the basics. I'll let you know if I find anything, unless you would like to stay and observe?"

You pause to think on it. Maybe you could learn something you couldn't otherwise figure out just from talking to her. Then again, maybe another investigation of the wreck could yield some clues. Or maybe you should comb the Graveyard a little more...

>Stay and observe the examination.
>Search the wreck for clues.
>Continue to comb the Graveyard.
>Other

>>Search the wreck for clues.
Maybe we can figure out what she was doing there.

Send an away team with recon vehicles!

She's our only link to our sister!

>>Stay and observe the examination.

WITH TANK

>Continue to comb the Graveyard.

>>Search the wreck for clues.

>>Stay and observe the examination.
I'm actually worried that without us here, Artya might have some hidden countermeasures that she prepared beforehand for s situation like this to escape.

Welp, we don't have a decisive consensus, so lets narrow down the voting options!

>Observe the examination.
>Search the wreck.

>>Observe the examination

>>Search the wreck.

>>Search the wreck.

>Search the wreck.

>Search the wreck.

>>Search the wreck.
Ah fuck it, the wreck is probably more interesting anyways. I hope my suspicions about Artya is wrong though...

>>Observe the examination.

>Search the wreck.

>>Observe the examination.
lattteeee

Rolled 1 (1d2)

WELP, you guys somehow managed to tie it up again! Looks like we gotta go to the dice!

1. Exam
2. Wreck

"I think I'll stick around and oversee the examination." You say, shooting a suspicious eye at Natalia. "Somebody has to make sure everybody behaves."

"If you say so." Natalia sighs a she carefully directs Tank to set Artya down on the examination table, where she carefully begins stripping off the ramshackle environment suit. "I would like it if Tank were to be present in case something were to happen..."

Tank looks at you. He obviously wants to go back and finish the search of the wreck rather than sit around here.

>Have Tank stay just in case.
>Have him finish searching the wreck.
>Other

>slap him on the buttplate as he leaves.

>>Have him finish searching the wreck.

>Definitly don't have a crush on him

lets him go
we can use our light heavy armor.

Do we even know if Tank is even a guy? What if he's a girl, a brain in a jar, or a robot underneath all that?

They're cute, that's all that matters.

I assumed he was a P-san expy from cyber idols, but since we are romancing him, i am not too sure anymore

Pretty sure we'd know since we had access to his Personnel files.

Naw, we got this. Go and have fun Tank.

You nod to Tank. He was free to do what he wanted. Tank nods back, gives a sharp salute, and marches out of infirmary.

"Hrm, well, with Tank leaving, I'm going to need a little bit of assistance here." Natalia waves you over as she carefully removes Artya's camouflage poncho.

"Don't you have nurses?" You frown.

"I could never trust the sacred art of medicine in the hands of a cold and emotionless robot!" Natalia huffs in annoyance. "How can something that feels no PASSION for what it does be trusted with another person's life? Now hurry up and help me get her out of this suit, I want to start breaking out the needles!"

You're pretty sure there's some sort of irony in that statement there, but you don't want to point it out right now.

Removing Artya's suit was simple enough. Even though it was apparently pieced together from numerous other sources, it was pretty resilient, the equivalent of any commercially available suit. Whoever put it together certainly knew what they were doing, and you wouldn't be surprised if it was from Artya herself.

As you and Natalia peel the suit off, you're surprised at just how pale her body was. You could tell that she didn't spend much time under sunlight. Her both was also very thin and lithe, hallmarks of a person who lived their whole life in space.

"Can you help me with this?" Natalia asks as she grasps Artya's mask.

>Help her take it off.
>Better leave it on.
>Other