/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Kwama a qt Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus except Therana please.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa Shitty Memes Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus except Therana please.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Word_Wall
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

messed the shit out of the op, not entirely sure what the fuck I did there

I move that OP is a goof.
The floor is open.

I like it. Twice the OP.
Besides silly mistakes are what make us people.

Reminder that TES VI is now confirmed to be not in Hammerfell

What are some little roleplaying things that you do? Those tiny details that you add, that you don't have to but add that little bit of immersion.

He never actually said that, or even implied it. Just dodged it by asking why we obsess over it and how he can't see much happening.

I don't grab everything that isn't nailed down to make quick coin
Apparently that's an uncommon choice

Which might as well be code for "It's not happening'

He talked about in /fog/ that he wanted to introduce crafting systems based off his blacksmithing game, with endgame weapons requiring the player to do stuff like use alteration to direct lava flows into some magic forge and stuff. That sounds dwemer, which sounds like Hammerfell.

>Take off my armor when I sleep, maybe put on robes. If assassins come to get me, I fight them without armor on.
>Eat three meals a day, and carry utensils and cooking supplies, as well as a pillow or two.
>Close doors behind me, especially if I'm trying to sneak in someplace and want to make it seem like nobody's been there.
>Loot the dungeon only after every enemy has been cleared.
>Have days where you don't go on an adventure. Maybe it's rainy and not important yet.
>Carry a Chitin helmet or something similar in design in case of sandstorm.
>Waterwalk over puddles, or walk around them instead of getting gross for no reason.
>Occasionally bathe.
>Only use a potion or two per battle, and when I have enough space between the challenger and I.

I do this very often, in pretty much all the games. It makes me feel more involved with my character's journey.

I like to carry little basic things, like plates and forks, a few books, and for Oblivion and Skyrim, I always have a hunger mod.

I doubt that would make into the final project, and even then, saying that confirms Hammerfell is a stretch.

You never know
Since Bethesda kind of admitted they just use the wiki for lore anyway having trainwiz on board might make a lot of things good

We can change the Wiki to make A Loveletter from the 5th Era canon in the next game, then?

Pretty sure they use UESP, which requires official sources

>Since Bethesda kind of admitted they just use the wiki for lore anyway
Pure gold

>/tgesg/ works with trainwiz to edit the wiki before bethesda checks it to make things canon

Good. Now I don't feel bad about all the edits I occasionally do.

>tfw when some lorebeard claims that there is no canon in the elder scrolls universe to try and push his fanfiction

Yeah I don't understand why people do that. Just seems like a huge hassle.

Those are very nice

Literally structuralism vs intentionalism

I grab stuff based on weight:value ratio, so no junk

>Once I become free of the tutorial I get rid of everything I have including clothes and go from there. Usually end up punching a bandit to death for their outfit and weapons.
>I treat souls of powerful beings as worth more than the souls of lesser beings who still have grand souls.
>When I decide to join a guild or faction I go only with items and equipment I feel a new and inexperienced member would have. Robes for Priests and Mages, Leather for Thieves, etc. Though I sometimes just go as a beggar if I know the guild has it's own faction attire.

Reminder that the Dwemer built a giant robot out of FUCKING BRASS

Everything MK writes, while not canon to TES as a whole, is absolutely canon to TES 3: Morrowind.

Wasn't there a theory that Dwemer Brass isn't actual brass ?

He's memeing

Well its hard to have a concise account of what happens through someones biased perception in a lore book.
Even In-game lore is questionable sometimes due to limitations. (cities with 30 people in them, you know what I mean)
Even if you don't like MK he writes alot of the more interesting lore that alot of times gets scrapped for the LOTR-esque in-game.

Oblivion was really more on the LOTR side because the LOTR movies came out and lots of people at Bethesda were still excited about it.mthe books might be less hot shit today, but a lot of the old nerds at Bethesda grew up wih the books for sure.

Lava flows in more places than within the dwemer ruins, my friend

How big would Tamriel be according to Daggerfall's scale?

Source on that?
>believing something like this without anything to back it up
Come on now

Gonna ask the same question again

I'm recreating Mournhold in Minecraft
This means I can change stuff and make it different from the ingame version. What changes do you recommend I apply? I'm already planning to add more market stands to the Great Bazaar, and turn the plaza Brindisi Dorom into a lower class residential district

>Todd trying to save face

Check Tamriel Rebuilt's Mournhold, they currently scrapped it to make it even better, but you can still download it and explore it, to get some ideas.

I'm making Mournhold only, not all of Almalexia. Does TR change anything in Mournhold?

What race could best an Orc?

Double Orc

Yes, they make it bigger or something, to include it in the world map.

Anyone?

The additions outside are Almalexia. Mournhold is the inner city, and it's the only thing I'm recreating.

Dagerfall is approx. the size of England, go from there.

There's some pretty interesting stuff on Skyrim's word walls

uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Word_Wall (check the translations)

A village called Vundeheim is mentioned, which was presumably located near High Gate Ruins or Forelhost.

I like to try to keep logs of my adventures. Write a in-character diary, or something like that.
Usually I stop doing it after a while, but it's a great way to get really into a character.

>UESP
By the way, does anyone know how easy it is to add to UESP? I've kind of been thinking about fixing/adding some stuff related to Arena and Daggerfall come summer.

That's stupid.

It's brass or some similar metal treated with tonal architecture. There's no magical rare Dwemer metal.

It's just like any other wiki, I don't think you need an account.

Any
Nords, Redguards and Bretons are the most obvious examples

I always carried a quill and ink.

>Here died (the) savage She-Wolf
Ulfeidr, slayer (of) men and beast,
Savage leader (of the) Crimson Pack

I wanna know more about this "Crimson Pack".
Also, "savage She-Wolf Ulfeidr" is fucking A+ name

Who's the Hoar Father? He's referenced seven times by various walls.

Uncle Sweetshare

I don't think it's a specific person, it's just some old man wisdom. Kinda like 'my dad used to tell me'

I don't know but he told heck of a lot wisdoms
either its an alias for someone like Shor or Ysgramor or some other great leader
or then he is somekind of a clever-man

>hoar,noun
>Definition of hoar : frost

or

>hoar -> hoary, adjective, \ˈhȯr-ē\
>very old, having gray or white hair
Huh. Thats a neat little word I just learned today

glad I'm not the only one who had to look it up

Personally I had to look it up when I saw the staff of Hoarfrost.

Could be. It would be a nice fit with the word "Hoar".
Obviously it could mean hoar as in grey haired, wisdom from your elders and Clever Men. So maybe the Hoar Father is winter, and "living through" winter(s) is comparable to saying "a long life as taught me".
I find it kind of fun, because it reminds me of a expression we have in Norwegian. Saying that "I've been out a winter night before" can be used to say you have some experience. You've done this before, or you have done a lot of things and gotten some life experience.

You're Norwegian? How hard is it to immigrate over there if you are a white Americlap?

deepest nordic lore

different user, not from Norway
but shit is costly

>put on clothes when inside the city/civilization
>put on armor when I know my character is going to go on a quest or journey out into the wilderness
>avoid talking to as many NPCs if my character is the shy type

In my first playthroughs I'd talk to everyone just to know what quests they give. Once I know them I ignore NPCs that will only clog my journal with a fetch quest.

>getting attacked during your sleep
>impending catastrophic events

bad, really bad

>White Haven was originally in Highrock.

Getting attacked in your sleep is fine, Morrowind did it and it wasn't that annoying, but the catastrophic event is not.

I wouldn't know, but I think it's rather easy.

Well, Skyrim's skin tone options actually allow you to make Bretons that look like Nords. The darkest nords look darker than the lightest redguards.

those dark brotherhood edgelords keep shanking me when I'm just trying to restore my magicka or level up

not very polite of them

Bretons and Nords have the same skin color. What are you even on about?

Pretty sure nords are just a tiny bit whiter than bretons

>postan eso
>arguing about fictional whiteness
Begone.

I don't give a kwama's ass about ESO, and especially the factions are stupid

I just liked the picture

They aren't.

I'll consider myself corrected then.

None of these actually sound that good

>filename
I laughed

I think Hardcore mode sounds pretty good. So does the sleep to level mechanic, for hardcore mode.

>that image
didnt laugh

Awwww :(
I spent like, 20 secs making that
now im sad

I just disable Tribunal until I'm about level 10. Getting Dark Brotherhood armor at level 1 is pretty overpowered, considering just how much stronger it is than even the heavy armor you'll be grabbing and it sells for a hefty price.

There's a mod to fix that.

You know how in Oblivion there was usually some sort of brazier outside of every fort or dungeon? I'd drop a gemstone in there as an offering of good luck.

Are you gonna do the sewers, Dwemer ruin and Daedric temple under the city too?

nope

>Size of England.

As in, you could actually walk from say, Daggerfall to Camlorn, if you were willing to be bored for 2-3 days straight?

>bretons
>white

Too bad you rarely have assassins attack you during your sleep outside of Tribunal, and even then it's only about a dozen or so times.

Yes.

>/pol/posting.
>Aspiring to be a Nord.
>Memes

Bored? Nah, there'd be a dungeon every few feet or so.
By the time you go there, you'd have cleared out at least 30 haunted graveyards, 22 abandoned forts, fought about 4 different vampire clans, and probably traded some gear at 5 different villages.

>By the time you go there
You'll have done all of that and more before you reach Anticlere.

>"When my father's harem burned down and our family fortune was lost to the ashes"

>Harem (pronounced [haˈɾem], Turkish, from Arabic: حرم ḥaram "forbidden place; sacrosanct, sanctum", related to حريم ḥarīm, "a sacred inviolable place; female members of the family" and حرام ḥarām, "forbidden; sacred") refers to the sphere of women in what is usually a polygynous household and their enclosed quarters which are forbidden to men.
Was their fortune women? Did the women burn down?

Harem as in Sanctum in this case.