Eh, Lorgar was a harmless dork. Magnus was like giving your pet cat a bazooka

>Magnus was like giving your pet cat a bazooka

in a fucking China shop

>lorgar was harmless
>lor "fuck up our collective shit, senpai"gar
>lorgar the man that let the demons in, the harmless dork

>Lorgar the man that let the demons in, the harmless dork
Uh.... that was Fagnus...

Lorgar didn't cause the Horus Heresy. Erebus did.

If you want to lay blame on one person for the Heresy (which you can't, as there are at least 23 different actors responsible for that one) then it can best be lain at Erebus' feet, for he spread the Warrior Lodges in secret, and turned to the Chaos Gods before anybody else did, and used it to corrupt the Warmaster himself.

>best be lain at Erebus' feet
Nope. E Money himself is most responsible for it.

Not telling people about Chaos so that they can be better prepared. Abusing his "sons" to some degree, some much more than others. Not sharing any information aside from the Chaos thing.

Lorgar succeeded, though.

Nigga you dumb, you really think you know more than a 50000 year old literal God?

Uh, no he didn't

Lorgar is the most successful primarch. He got everything he wanted without being fucked over. He is THE ONLY one with this status.

Yes.

Because I have meta knowledge about the 40k Universe.

>He got everything he wanted without being fucked over.
He does literally nothing now, at least Fagnus wakes up every once in a while to throw a rock at Fenris

He is in direct communion with the Gods of Chaos and shattered the same Imperial truth that destroyed Monarchia, that's all he ever wanted.

>shattered the same Imperial truth that destroyed Monarchia, that's all he ever wanted.

So he was only pretending to be retarded?

Just as planned....

Not one of these fucking threads...

Look, there's no one person who can be blamed for the grimdarkness of 40k/the Horus Heresy. It has been discussed/argued over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, etc...

tl;dr: GTFO with these threads, we're sick of them

When it comes to dealing with people most people know more than the Emperor.

Emperrrurrrhhh duurrhhhh

Like hell I will; you'll find a way to fuck that up too.

> Fulgrim

Wasn't his homeworld's capital razed to the ground by the Ultramarines while the Emperor made the entire Word Bearers Legion was forced to kneel before him via the Emperor's mind because he found out about them worshipping him as a god. Not to take away the other stuff, in terms of getting what he wanted, the only people who can make the argument they got more are better where than him as Angron, Perturabo and maybe Fulgrim.

>Look, there's no one person who can be blamed for the grimdarkness of 40k/the Horus Heresy.
That's correct, there are two.

Competent Primarch
> My mortal father was a priest, which the Emperor explicitly hates, and constantly advises me to do things the Emperor explicitly forbids
> Better stick him somewhere he can't do any harm, or better yet kill him.

Lorgar
> Imma put him in charge of the first company and always do what he says!

Competent Primarch
> The Emperor wants me to conquer planets in the name of Humanity and establish a secular Imperium.
>This is what I shall do.

Lorgar
> Imma build churches everywhere, and when Emps bitch slaps me I'll just church harder!

Competent Primarch
> This 'Chaos' thing is 38 different kinds of fucked up, and is explicitly opposed to humanity.
> Scourge and Purge, men. Scourge and Purge.

Lorgar
> Imma worship it!

>Gee Erebus, what d'you wanna do today?
>The same thing we do everynight, Kor. Try to hand over the galaxy to Chaos.

The Goofus and Gallant Primarch Edition. Lorgar and Guilliman.

>turned to the Chaos Gods before anybody else did
That was Kor Phaeron; he was Chaosing before Erebus was born, and he set up Chaos Cults on every planet they conquered.

They're Erebus and 'Phaeron.
They're Erebus and 'Phaeron.
One is a cultist, the other's sanity's gone.

They're Bearers of the Word
By Lorgar they are heard.
They're Erebus, Erebus and Kor
Phaeron, Phaeron Phaeron Phaeron!

Before the rising of Earth's Sun
Unfurled, their plans will be.
Before the crusade is done
They'll convert humanity!

No, that was a world where they built a continent-sized Vatican.

Emps-Lorgar relations went like this:
> You must be God!
>> No, Lorgar. I am your father!
> You're a god! I'm the son of God!
>> STFU with the religion, L. I'm not a god. Humanity needs no gods. Here's an army, go be like your brothers and build my Imperium.
> I'll raise a church to you on every world I see!
>> Do the opposite of that.

>> Lorgar, why does it take you so long to bring a world to Compliance?
> It takes a long time to build all these churches on every world
>> I said no churches, Lorgar!

>> Lorgar, what is that on Monarchia?
> A church that takes up most of a world...
>> What did I tell you not to build?
> Churches...
>> I'm taking your toys. Don't build any more. Look at Rowboat, he's basically perfect, be more like him. I'm sending some Custodes to keep an eye on you.
> Well, if you don't want my churches, I'll build them for a galaxy-devouring embodiment of evil, and convert my legion to daemon-possessed mockeries of flesh
>> Huh? I wasn't listening.
> Nothing.
>> Okay. I love you, son.

How much did the Emperor know about the Chaos Gods?

Enough to cut a deal with them for the power to create the Primarchs.

"These fuckweasels could corrupt the Primarchs if given the chance; better make sure they never even learn they exist."

I really don't understand why he didn't sit down and had a straight talk with the Primarchs about the Chaos gods and why it would be a bad idea to have dealings with them.

Hell, he didn't even have to tell all the Primarchs, just Magnus and Horus.

Keeping them in the dark ultimately leaves them more exposed and make them distrust him when they eventually found out.

>Hell, he didn't even have to tell all the Primarchs, just Magnus and Horus.
Lorgar and Pert could've used a talking to as well.

>why
knowledge corrupts

Emperor had enough meta knowledge to realize that would have ended poorly, especially after they were all whisked away by chaos right under his fucking nose.

Emps thought of the Primarchs largely as automatons: he created them to lead his armies, and that's all he expects them to do. They don't need to know anything about Chaos, because they're not going to look; that's not involved in leading armies, so it wouldn't occur to them to do so.

Emps cares about humanity itself, but he has no concern whatsoever with individuals.

> Emps cares about humanity

All evidence to the contrary

He does, though. Like when he speaks to the one rogue inquisitor. You can see what goes on in his mind. He doesn't give a shit about individuals because he cares about humanity as a whole. The Emperor himself is a tool made by ancient humans to defend humanity and stop chaos. His only goal is to ensure humanity survives by whatever means necessary, if that means lots of purging, he'll do it gladly and willingly.

The Emperor is playing the long game and looking at the big picture. A few lives in such a time span and for such an end become inconsequential.

Humanity *as a concept*. The species, as a sustainable entity. He doesn't care at all about any particular humans or group of them.

He's 38,000 years old at the start of the Crusade. Generations pass in what feels like minutes. He doesn't care about individuals because he CAN'T. He's so old and his perception of time is so different than mortals' that he can't comprehend how to give a shit about any specific human.

He hasn't been able to tell faces apart in 10,000 years. He once called a regional governor by the man's great-great-great-great grandfather's name and genuinely thought that's who he was talking to.

If he finds a happy, healthy, economically bountiful world, exterminates it, seeds it with Terran settlers, and waits a hundred years or so, it's the same as it was except it's part of the Imperium, so why bother fighting insurgencies and backing military juntas?

When he finished the Unification Wars and was done with the Thunder Warriors, he could either wait a handful of decades until they died normally or just kill them all now. It's the same thing either way, but one option doesn't leave psychotic murderhobos laying around, so that one's better.

B-b-but the Emperor protects.

If you think of it in these terms some of the fucking stupid things he says and does make more sense.

Contextually anyway, theyre still stupid decisions.

Please stop bullying Magnus. Prospero burning was more than enough of a punch to the gut for him.

>believing the words of a Lord of Change
>ever

Emps never thought of himself as a god and nobody in the imperium did until lorgar started spreading that shit around. He's a superhuman, but not a god.

>Lorgar "fuck up our collective shit, senpai" Aurelian

FIFY

Logar and Magnus both could have both been so good for the Imperium if given the right job.

Logar could have been High Lord of Religious Affairs. His job to look out for and stamp dwn on Chaos cults whilst encouraging religions that promoted unity and hard work. But that would have meant the Emperor would have had to have removed the fedora from up his arse.

Magnus could have taken it in turns with the Big-E to power the lighthouse and trained the high end monster psykers like the Apex Twins that nobody else would dare be near. But then the Emperor would have had to spend time sharing knowledge and he wasn't all about sharing.

Even Perty would have made a better Industrial renovator than a warlord.

Vulkan would have made a brilliant Ideology Reformationist.

Guilliman and Fulgrim were godly excellent administrators.

But the Emperor couldn't adapt his plans to such a mere insignificant thing as 100 - 200 years of living a life and growing into something else. He made them to be warlords and warlords they would be and damn any indication that they were psychologically not suited for the job.

Curze, Russ and Angron were given Legions. What the fuck dude?