Positivity Thread

Say one thing nice about the thing in tg you hate the most. Whether it's a player type, a game system, or an entire company

No backhanded compliments or sarcastic remarks.

>Say one thing nice about the thing in tg you hate the most.

OP posted a pretty funny .gif.

The Stormcast Eternals look pretty heroic.
If I could pick some up for cheap I would use their bits to make some Warmachine customs.

Elf slave. Wat do? Threads have at least given me some mild fap material.

As a character, Jace has been improving

Im glad that ultra-competitive players can share a table with guys just there to have fun. Theres room for all types.

that was harder than I thought it would be.Good thread though OP, we tend to get caught up in the negativity too often

I hate how Veeky Forums's first reaction to "unusual" fantastic elements in a fantasy setting is advocate axing them.

So...

I think sometimes "less is more" is good advice.

Although that isn't really a positive thing, I'm kind of curious as to what you mean

Not him, but the current users of Veeky Forums are fun-hating mechanics addicts who don't like the idea of anything being different.

Arguing with the rabid PF haters has taught me how to fix the system better by identifying the more dangerous and subtle flaws in the system for me.

Fourth edition dnd was fun and balanced

While I think 40k is awful in every way imaginable and most of the players I've met have been grognards...It makes them very, very, happy. And sometimes their pleased laughter can be infectious and pleasant.

I'm consistently impressed by the level of detail and quality that's presented in Games-Workshop models. Since I hate metal models because of how long they take to glue and how prone they are to breaking, chipping, and bending, I likewise appreciate how their entire catalog is either plastic or resin. And the quality of their resin molds has improved substantially.

Adding capstone abilities in Pathfinder was a good way to encourage single-classing.

I hate everything that happened to the WHFB world, but I think Sigmarines would make for great Space Marine material and if I'd still be playing, I'd probably convert a complete army from them.

It may be only my perception but Veeky Forums has a very vocal group of people that speak up against anything that isn't basically low fantasy medieval in advice and worldbuilding related threads.

>Have different Elves
Why not use regular elves, best to go back to earliest iterations. Why not have no Elves at all.
>Have Beastman or something nonhuman.
Why no human only game.
>Worldbuild many nations.
Do you need this many though, why not just three or four?
>Subvert genre convention.
You are just being contrarian, stop it.
>Have a freaky environment.
This automatically means nothing can possible be related with, do medieval fantasy instead.

It's like you are only aloud to build towards some imagined ideal knight simulator or something and swap names around.

The lengths to which 3.pf fans will go to in defense of their system from even the most minor of criticisms continues to surprise and astonish me. The wall of willful, zealous ignorance they have constructed over the years is an impressive feat, and I commend them for it.

As much as I hate armor autists, the ones who actually know what they're talking about are pretty knowledgeable about interactions between different materials and their proper contexts.

To clarify, when I say "armor autists," I'm not just talking about people who insist that every armored character in their fantasy game have "realistic, practical armor." Those people, while somewhat annoying and at times self-righteous and insufferable, are really just expressing a difference in aesthetic tastes, and I can understand and respect that even if I don't agree with it. I'm specifically talking about the people who express the same attitude to settings like Exalted why magical bikini armor that does its dark work by emboldening the physical resilience of its already superhuman wearer is explicitly a thing for both men and women.

Anyway, yeah. The ones who know what they're talking about have a good breadth of useful knowledge that I would sometimes want to consult.

Sexy armor can be kind of cool sometimes.

Exposure to trolls here I think may have made me either more thick-skinned or less. I can't really tell, but if it's the former, then I guess that's good.

The posters in quest threads seem like they're having a lot of fun, and the people running them seem passionate about it.

I don't care about card games and I dislike miniatures in general (and WH40k specifically) but this board is for all of us, not just the things I like.

This too. Immersing myself in an environment full of people with differing opinions has given me thicker skin and offered a variety of perspectives, giving me more insight in general.

Like which things?

I can't, pics that smutfags post here on Veeky Forums are unfappable garbage for me and words they say are disgusting...

>The posters in quest threads seem like they're having a lot of fun, and the people running them seem passionate about it.
Came here to post this. I'm glad they have their own space now.

>No backhanded compliments

Since we're being civil here, I want to ask you why you are bothered by quest threads? I always assumed you could ignore them, just like I ignore a great deal of threads I don't like. And we had a good thing going here, quests were a way to test out mechanical or thematically ideas, which fit nicely with Veeky Forumss main interest.

I do ignore them. I also don't shitpost in them or derail other threads by bitching about quest threads. My only issue with them was the sheer quantity of them. I'm still not exactly sure why all quests haven't migrated to the trial board, but apparently there's some extra-retarded drama going on within the quest community about that, and I don't care enough about quests to dive into that hot mess.

>current users
Herp
D'awwww
Start browsing /d/?

I appreciate that in 40k list threads (havnt seen one for a while) poeple who blast non copy past e-build lists are probably considering the best interests of the user who's fluffy list would not stand a chance against their 4 wraithknights with allied riptide and 40 multi meltas.

>Posts in a positivity thread
>About how he can't be positive
But why tho?

I hate historyfags and muh dirt farming realism types with a passion, but their threads can be educational

I like that you're so honest

Min maxers have to truly read and filly understand a game system before they can break it over their knee.

Minmaxers also provide some great entertainment when they don't actually understand a game system before they try to break it.

>extra-retarded drama
For me, I'm just bothered by it because I like it here and it frustrates me that quests, which were an extension of creativity and game elements, lost the hate war but we still get succubus-what-do threads. Personal preferences, nothing to bitch about. I'm just sad we got in this situation because of other peoples bitching.

Last I heard there were also restrictions on the amount of posts per thread on /qst/ and there was trouble with the archives or something. I'm not in the loop, but there were legit complaints.
All quests on Veeky Forums also found their player-base on Veeky Forums, so a forced move will obviously be rigid.

>All quests on Veeky Forums also found their player-base on Veeky Forums, so a forced move will obviously be rigid.
I'm taking what's being said with a grain of salt, but I remember some quest regulars, when asked, saying that they didn't actually participate in or care about any other Veeky Forums-related hobbies and were just here for the quests.

And this surprises you how? I'm guessing plenty of people on Veeky Forums don't actually play, participate in or even really care about traditional games and only hang around because fantasy and science fiction world- and character-building can be fun.

It doesn't surprise me at all, actually. Veeky Forums is one of the least bad boards on Veeky Forums and is just a nice place to hang out.

4e got me and my friends started with D&D and RP in general

Occasionally, the vorefags who ruin Giantess and Dragon threads with their fetish will post some neat new pics that are NOT down-the-hatch shots.

Is that kitten on drugs?

No, it's just a kitten.

Aos made me try kings of war

Pathfinder gave me a pretty good appreciation for Sorcerers. They're my favorite casters in terms of fluff and thematics now.

I get that super-complex systems are trying to represent a lot of different things mechanically, and I think that that makes a lot of sense. I just think that it's a pity that the complexity of it makes it so hard to get into them.

Anyone who forces a particular game type tends to break others out of their mold and get them to build more balanced characters who don't just do one thing stupendously well, but instead do one thing well and a few other things maybe halfway decently.

I'm happy MTG exists as it seems to be a nice funnel for tryhards. This makes it easier to find casual games. Personally i don't hate tryhards or even dislike them but i like my downtime to be calming.

Age of Sigmar is actually fun.
With a few changes it would've made a great fantasy lite to get people with smaller armies into the hobby.

I'm glad that D&D became popular enough that you can use it as shorthand for "playing pretend with dice" and pretty much everybody will know what you're talking about. I don't really try to hide my power level when people ask about my hobbies but I'm not about to try explaining Unknown Armies or Delta Green to someone unless they seem like the type of person that would be into it.

Pathfinder has a great deal of options. It's a lot easier to create a themed character/build for fluff that way.

The colour scheme and the masks of the Sigmarines really remind me of the Masked servant/guards from Thief 2.

There is no cure for that level of butthurt.

What IS wrong with 3.pf?

No. This is the positivity thread. Take this elsewhere

In and of itself, nothing in particular, it's a combination of its mechanical complexity, hilariously swingy power levels, and the fact 3.x spent several years as basically the only tabletop game with any degree of public awareness.

So you have hordes of people that think that is how games are supposed to be and refuse to try anything else because their D&D was a massive pain to learn, so everything else must be too.

No, it's the butthurt of the 3 guys who always need to shitpost whenever they can about how much a 16 year old system upsets them.

Quit it with your bullshit, you sperg.

>answering a question is sperging
ok

4e has a good and novel combat system, and having monsters' actions completely contained in their stat blocks saves DMs a lot of page-flipping due to cross-referencing.

WotC has done an amazing job keeps MtG the #1 CCG for so many years both from a design perspective and a playerbase perspective.

What I've noticed is no one really cares what you do on your own time if you have your shit together otherwise w.r.t. doing your job well, not living in your parent's basement, having good hygiene and all that other good stuff people should be doing anyway.

For all its flaws, Pathfinder really is a unique sort of playstyle that you actually can't get anywhere else. It's the best at what it sets out to do.

And that is?
(not salty just curious)

Personally I'm always impressed by the breadth of choices available to PF players, and that's not even counting compatible and easily-convertible 3.Xe and 3rd party material under the OGL.

These things and also the fun had when a DM breaks their spirit or another character roleplays hard enough that they outshine the min-maxer.

Spheres of Power makes it easy to determine who to let into my games.

sauce?

Dungeon World awarding XP for failing a roll makes more sense than more traditional mechanics

Savor the whimsical laughter of neckbeards, user. For it is the sweetest and most innocent of life's music.

What's this from?

/co/ meme dealing with Caption America appealingly being part of Hydra all along

Think of it as "opposite day" but in a meme form.

This is a positivity thread so I'll be be civil. Also I'm speaking as someone started with 3.5 and ran pathfinder, then decided that I just don't care to force the system to work as I think it should.

It scales poorly, with assumptive magic items factored in to monster stat blocks, and the classic quadratic wizard vs linear fighter problem. I don't think I really need to explain this one much.

The focus on crunchy, optimized character creation with little actual role play elements tend to generate players who see tabletop as a competition or math problem. The role play elements are literally just a little note at the end of the process.

D20 means there's always a 5% chance...5% chance to fail at something you're a master at, supposedly. This is a house rule but almost every group uses the "1 and 20" rules of auto fail and auto success. It's a pop culture phenomenon now.

The generation of new blood raised on d20 saw a boom of RPGs all aping the system, so many had it drilled in that role playing always means class+skills+d20 type systems . It has given a sort of aversion to systems that do not conform to this format, stagnating many smaller groups in rural or even just less urban areas.

Now again, please no bully. I respect pathfinder players like I respect a my of my fellow Veeky Forums enthusiast, and my criticisms are purely for explaining why I don't play them. user asked for a real answer and I wanted to give one.

D&D 4e certainly made powers interesting.

The 40k lore seems to be pretty deep and comprehensive.

Vanilla Terminators still have cool looking models that I will still find a reason to put in a list to play them just to have them on the board. I even field them with terminator captains/librarians/chaplains for added terminator fun.

On the other hand, naming something an elf but having nothing that can really be defined as classic elf traits is a bit head-shake inducing. At that point, there's no reason to use the name.

10 threads at peek hours isn't 'sheer quantity', and you are being shockingly dishonest by pushing that narrative.

casual magic players obviously love the game and want to improve it

There were/are so many quest threads that it warranted making an entirely new board just for them.

If that's not quantity then I don't know what is.

Quality over quantity. Sure, you can have a bajillion elf subraces, but it's more fulfilling and engaging to design cultures instead of taking the obvious shortcuts.

Quests can be engaging

I like when DM's ask for a detailed family as i either know its going to be a shit campaign which means i won't get my hopes up and then subsequently dashed and i can just enjoy a casual level of casual atmosphere or its gonna be fun as hell with dynamic family politics and events.

False.

Some shitposters got together and hounded the mods into making a /qst/ thread because they shitposted on /qa/ so much. They actually admitted to this. Then they gloated so much in the feedback thread the mods realized that they'd been had, and so the mods are ignoring complaints about quests now.

>There were/are so many quest threads

The obsession that Veeky Forums has with masturbatory stuff and literally entire threads based of attempting to justify a fetish often have quite good art.
The strong aura of negatively towards anything and everything sometimes leads people try new and interesting things that they might not when they are told a system is bad.
Their passion they show when they are extremely easily trolled by extremely blatant and obvious trolls using really flimsy memes like "white knight" and "SJW" shows a lot of genuine love for their hobbies, more so then most people ever have for their own.

>butthurt detected
i'm just kidding. I kinda like that people get angry and outshine expectations just to shove naysayers faces in. Like making tracer's ass a bit bigger and giving her a better pose as blizzards response to ButtGate.

The sheer number of threads about trivial horseshit that people reckon can make a paladin fall has actually given me good introspection on the actual framing of my own morals. Insight into facets to situations I'd never even considered before, really.

This gif is much better with the lasers added in

It's not the standpoints that bug me.
People can believe whatever they want to believe and I don't give a shit either way, especially when the individuals in question are literally an anonymous internet text box in relevence to myself.

It's just how pathetically easy it is to troll Veeky Forums with that stuff. Everyone recognizes it as bait, bites down anyway, and shits up the board or the thread.
It's getting to the point where I can't really come in here anymore because I start to go blind from all the eye-rolling I'm doing when trolls show up and everyone jumps onboard like it's the hippest new thing or something.

cute cat

Murderhobo-ing can be a lot of fun for a certain type of group.

But thats part of the fun. I love when trolls spam the drawfags so the drawfags focus almost purely on actual quality requests. Hell i know a few who go out of their way to do serious work just as a sort of middle finger rather than half ass the line art and make it up elsewhere.

>Captain America
>Part of Hydra

Now and again, elf rape CAN be fun.

So far it's canon. Apparently a hydra agent gave his mum a pamphlet on domestis abuse and the program not only touched her but him. It might be where his drive to fufill the american hero aspect he felt was missing came from.
It also might be a "false evil" marketing scheme to outdo DC's new Rebirth era reboot.

It's good that DnD3e made a lot more people think critically about game design and balance. Also, some of the classes were pretty cool once they started designing towards 3e.

And I still love the Artificer despite how ridiculous it is.

>Edgelord bullshit that will be retconned as double agent to infiltrate hydra, clone, fake memory mind control or alt universe.

Well its definitely inverse. Might be mindcontrol like they were doing mkultra style experiments to see if they could turn a skinny, cowardly shit eater into a skinny american hero pretender or something. He did straight up throw that gagged guy out of a supersonic airplane with zero safety mechanisms.

>Implying Marvel isn't just trying to tease its massive gay nazi fanbase

Well its definitely pissed off the jewish community which he was literally written for.

While a fan of minmaxing and specializing in one or two traits, I do very much see how it waters down the potential complexity of a campaign.

As much as I hate quest threads on Veeky Forums, Lego Quest was pretty based.

It was the only quest thread that wasn't terrible minus the occasional hunger games quest which occasionally made me laugh.