RE:Monster Ex Quest 130

RE:Monster EX Recap

You are, at present, in a dungeon.
Which, rather than the traditional ten foot room, is something approaching a pocket dimension, watched over by some sort of god and/or divine-type being.

You are currently in the process of being a giant spider- An Arachne, to be specific.

You are also currently in the process of fighting off what appears to be hordes of invaders. From different time periods. In the midst of a village that is also a mish-mash of time periods.

There's a lot of 'currently' to process.

How did you wind up here, anyway?

"You were really excited about the dungeon, and wanted to go as soon as possible?"
Ah.
You're doing the thinking out loud thing.

"You're still doing it."
"Thank you, Nin."
"You're welcome."
"It was more of a metaphorical question, yes."
"Yes? You start from the beginning with those, right?"
"What? No, a metaphoe is a-"
"The Queen's legend starts as all do! With humble beginnings, born in a mighty forest, far afield-"

You've made a terrible mistake.

>This is a recap thread! I'm a bit out of practice.
>We'll be covering the story so far- Please select a viewpoint you're interested in as they come up!

>The Early Days

>Mom
>Sara
>Aria
>Other(?)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u/REQM
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Re-Monster
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Announcements: twitter.com/REQMX

Q&A: ask.fm/REQM

Character Sheet and Misc:
pastebin.com/u/REQM

Archive:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Re-Monster

>Sara
Welcome back Big Spider!

>Sara
I want to vote for Aria kind of but Sara wins out in the end. As she should.

>Sara
>Mom

Hi REQM
>Aria
I wanna see her go from smug big sister to not so smug middle sister.

>running on Veeky Forums

Good man.

>>Other(?)
Nin
Welcome back REQM! Time to go find spider pics.

>>Mom
Welcome back headpatsimqm!

>Sara

Welcome back!

>Aria
Don't make me choooooooose

>>Aria

A reminder for those with bad long term memories.

>Sara

>>Mom
We must see how mom thought of our childhood.

ALSO THANK GOD YOU'RE BACK

It looks like Sara is taking it by a thread!

Writing!

I'm glad to be back!

>Aria
You're not dead!
This is the happiest night this year so far!

>It looks like Sara is taking it by a thread!
You'd think that would be Elle's thing, though with Sara one can only hope she doesn't blow it up.
Also I found a new snek.

but there's no sense of scale, so how can we tell if it's a scarf snek?

Welcome back.

Also: Sara

>headpatsim

That snake is not a scarf, it's a belt

Now if only we could get Spark back as well.

Nin Monologuing

Hype

>obligatory reminder that headpats are gateway drug to heavy petting

Yes we need more Nin art...and dammit Deme's running at the same time AAHHHH!

Lyra can stop anytime she wants, she said so herself

Lyra has no issues whatsoever in giving headpats thank you very much yes.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS BEST SPIDER TIME!!!! Glad to see your back REQM!

Nin's already been heavily petted (on the head) so it's all right.

She was there from the very start. From when you first opened your eyes.
You remember when Mom named you. All of you- Your brothers and sisters, together.

She was first. First hatched, first named. Mom called her Lyra.
You were last. Hatched and named. And you were called Sara.

It's the first time that Lyra stuck in your mind, to be honest. As Mom set you down in the nest, her smile matching yours, Lyra was watching you, and odd, almost sad look on her face. You didn't understand. You still don't, even now.

Your sister was very strange when she was young.
Well.
More strange, maybe. A different kind of strange.

You can remember her looking triumphanty down at you all from her freshly made web, seconds before your brothers demolished it.

And you remember the one night she seemed so small- The only time, really.
She's so large in your memories. In reality too, mind you- But when she stood in front of that gnome, guarding you, and forever on from that point, she's always seemed to stand so much taller than you. Like the tree you lived in. If she was there, it was safe. You didn't have to worry.

Which is why you'll never be able to forget her crying. Kicking and struggling and sobbing quietly as you held her, patted her head like Mom did for you all until she quieted, crying into your shoulders.

You never really spoke about it. Never asked. But you were there for her, just that once, and she has been there for you ever since.

You're away at school now. And you miss her sometimes.
But you'll stay strong, and try hard. And you'll be there if she ever cries again.
She's your big sister.

"How do you even know about the gnome?!"
"I asked! What kind of herald doesn't know about the history of their country?"
"There is no country! I am not a queen!"
"It's only a matter of time! Long Live the Queen! Long Live the Thunderbreaker!"
"What. No!"
"For even as the wolf marched ever closer-"
"What is this? Did you memorize this? Have you been practicing this?!"

>Mom
>Lia
>Jin
>Other(?)

>Jin

>Mom

>Mom

>Jin

>Mom

>>Jin

>Mom

>Lia
C-COMBO BREAKER

We should pick mom once we start talking about training.

And Aria for the dungeon

>Mom

>>Jin
Most formative moment for this relationship

Yeah, Mom could only narrate being scared because of the wolf here, which i don't think is as interesting as some later bits for her.

>Mom

>Jin

>Jin

Joke aside I take
>Jin
This is the most important part of their friendship afterall. Not much Mom relevant moments here.

>>Mom

Fine fine
I'll Change to
>Jin

>>Mom

>Jin

I think it'd be best to pick Mom's perspective for the moth-rescue and evolution, because I think that's the first time she really realized Lyra was batshit insanely ahead of the growth curve and not just unlucky and stubborn like with the wolf

>QuestDrone returns last Sunday
>REQM returns this Sunday

Is this the real life?

>Jin

>I think it'd be best to pick Mom's perspective for the moth-rescue and evolution
Ah shit. I'm kinda torn, I want Moms internal monologue when Lyra evolves, but I also want to see moth resuce end from Nins perspective.

Why not Both? they seem like they'd be separate events?

Hopefully thats two parts.

Possible.

I grouped them together because it was convenient, but yeah, has the right of it that it could also easily be two parts

it could go either way, its either Moth resuce ending with evo, or something starting with evo going into Lyras crazy hunting phase.

Jin wins this one!

Writing!

>>burd
Burd

Ooooh, peacock burd.

but peahens are brown

Am I reading too much into this or does that mean Sara told Nin about Lyras nightmare back then?

Alright so now all we need is for Crusty Jones to get healthy and then we can have the best summer ever.

That's because it's probably a trap.

reading too much probably

>>Mom

yay!

>Lia

>webm
What a fucking asshole.

Well there are no male harpies right? I legitimately cant recall. So a colorful coat would make sense to attract human males.

Its surprisingly not.

>Well there are no male harpies right? I legitimately cant recall.
We haven't seen one sofar.

That webm is why REQM needed to take a break for so long, some asshole have no respect for spiders

And that's when you break out the hairs spray and lighter.

>Well there are no male harpies right?
I think there are males of all monster races, it's just Jin's dad is human, and that's the only harpy family Lyra knows personally

>>Mom

There are.
Lyra has brothers after all.

>There are.
>Lyra has brothers after all.
There being male arachne doesn't prove there are male harpies.

Male harpies are just rare.

We don't know, is the point. We have nothing but conjecture on it, given we have never seen nor heard of one.

Well if we presume the other Re: quests are in the same verse, which is a good chance considering none of them really conflict, then the harpy one also has a male in it.

All up to QM though, i doubt it'll be 100% monster girl.

Hmm, i wish i was good at dialouge, got a re idea that might be fun.

>i doubt it'll be 100% monster girl
I don't know why you keep saying that, we know other species have males, we just don't for sure for harpies.

I meant for the haripes man. Seriously, does everything have to be exact to a t?

If you express yourself incredibly ambigious despite having clearer ways to say it, you kinda have to live with being possibly misunderstood.

It helps avoiding given the wrong impression for sure.

>Hmm, i wish i was good at dialouge, got a re idea that might be fun.
Is it just the monster type you've got in mind, or would you change other things? Like, the RE quests that have gotten off the ground and been successful all had something that really differentiated them from the others.

I'm still sad that Argent quit Re:Human

Start as a chicken.
no, seriously. Start as a normal, none talking chicken (probably cockrel since they at least have spurs). Choices of in a coop or not. End goal? Become something like a phoenix through evolution. Quest starts a lot like chicken run (Don't get eaten/escape/become a familiar) and goes from there.

Would require a very extensive evo tree.

A real shame that, I enjoyed it a great deal too. My second favorite RE:quest.

Yeah, I really was looking forward to where the compass was gonna lead us. It's not just that sort of thing, though, it's stuff like Snake being about a monster with no base of support like Lyra and the others had, or Lizard being about Sunni's quest to bask and Lamb's great humor.

Uh. I know I'd play it, but it seems pretty challenging and weird, so I'm not sure how successful it'll be in the general Veeky Forums or /qst/ base. My question for you is...how does a random (?) chicken get the idea of becoming a phoenix? It's not like someone'll take the time to explain to a random wild chicken 'btw chickens count as monsters and can evolve and/or ASCEND TO A HIGHER PLANE OF EXISTENCE.'

Every re quest starts with someone being reincarnated. MC would be a reincarnated person, born into the body of a chicken. Mundane creatures in the monster verse seem to evolve as well so. Easily show its possible by having various chicken types in the same flock/coop as you.

Should probably drop this for now, don't want to spam the thread with an aside.

>Yeah, I really was looking forward to where the compass was gonna lead us. It's not just that sort of thing, though, it's stuff like Snake being about a monster with no base of support like Lyra and the others had, or Lizard being about Sunni's quest to bask and Lamb's great humor.
I'm still not sure if Lamb's just gonna keep to basking or if he'll come back and give us more Lizard.

I think he's banned right now.

just a silly fact, theres actually a breed of chicken named phoenix, the roosters have ridiculously long tail plummage. As for a motivation to be a phoenix... make the mc a pyromaniac.

They all had something in common, too; Monster, Lizard, Snake, and Harpy (the Big Four, if you will) all stayed in the "cute child" stage for more than ten threads. Hell, Harpy has/dn't left it in over twenty.

Compare that to Kobold, Human, Skeleton, and that one Centipede or whatever one. All of which either didn't have a kiddy stage or rushed through it.

Are all the other RE quests dead? Never really followed any of the minor ones.

>just a silly fact, theres actually a breed of chicken named phoenix
You will not believe how disappointed my cousin was when he googled this

The first thing you did when you met Lyra- Before you met Lyra, really- was a matter of logic.
Harpy logic.

Bored Harpy chick logic.

Which is to say, that despite all the stories your Mom had shared- or maybe in spite of them- You immediately opted to play the game.

The diving game.
Everyone played it. Especially in town. And near the river.

Everyone with wings played, anyway.

The rules were simple.

You woud dive, and you would knock somebody over.
And sometime later, someone would probably knock you over. Maybe.
You were pretty good at the game.

So you swooped in.

And as you got closer, you realized something important, a little fact prodding its way through your boredom.
Arachne are much larger than harpies.

So you pulled up short, and did your best to puff up your plumage, and your mother laughed, and her mother laughed, And she dropped her guard, and you went for the win.

And lost, because she was much, much stronger than you were.

You might be able to win now, if you flew as fast as you could. Maybe you coudn't knock her over, but you could definitely move her this time, you're sure of it.

And then lunch was coming, but Mom said you had to feed yourself. And everyone else besides.
And the Arachne- Lyra- Went with you. So you both headed off into the woods.

And that's when you saw it.

Her spider half was smooth and shiny, and just the right size.
This is it. This is your spot.

So you landed on it. And you stayed there ever since. Even when it got bigger. Even if you have to share some of it now.

There was a wolf in the woods. You remember that very clearly. The smell of it, like a burnt tree after a thunderstorm. It snapped and twirled, too fast and too strong to fight.

And you remember the way she twitched when the lightning hit her, her eyes close, teeth grit tight. Every leg and finger and arm spasming.
And then she opened her eyes, and she fought, and the wolf died.