Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Ultramarsexual Edition
It's that time again, ladies and gents, it's a your dudes thread Sub-Edition
In the old thread the Blood Angels claimed dubs, Sanguinius's stats and rules were speculated along with what Papa Sang looked like if he was a daemon prince, an user asked for help on combi-plasmas, the ИC-7 Soviet Super-Heavy tank got stats, FW released a new offer, help on making termie centered armies was offered, legion rivaliries were discussed, we saw the progress of a Knight being made, we found out just how much dakka could be made for a DG list and how long would it take to finish up, rules for Fulgrim's helmet showed up, and Primarch wives were discussed along with much more Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dLMuv5dc-rQ
blacklibrary.com/Home/alpha-legion-quiz.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6OPaQ78eY
youtube.com/watch?v=C21PrOKRG8w
youtube.com/watch?v=v0DvT9MxdoE
youtube.com/watch?v=M_s-49rNCdw&list=PLEf2r8gdfvQo67nte_ScLwEdmwWcEekJ4&index=16
youtube.com/watch?v=5JSj1Kdw8JM
youtube.com/watch?v=PW-6FKFnHx8
youtube.com/watch?v=MKoR-3oaWlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TGHW9sFtK4o
youtube.com/watch?v=v4grHNGwPfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What made you choose your legion?

What is the one thing you'd want changed or revealed about it?

Second for loyalist

I just speed assembled 30 B@C tacicals in one evening. My fingers hurt, my back aches, I hate myself, and I have cuts from removing so many mold lines.

But hey that plastic stuff is a joy to work with compared to resin.

>Forge Lords have rad grenades.
I don't see the problem here. With you on Siege Breakers though.
Siege of Terra was always the plan, because who doesn't want there dudes focused around the biggest battle in the history of man? IF were simply the ones to have rules at the time.
Which legion are you starting?

undecided yet between Sons of Horus, Thousand Sons and white scars. But I imagine all of them could do with 20-30 tacticals.

Motorbikes are cool as shit

change their spaceships into giant motorbikes

I played Black Templars, got bummed out when they got robbed of their awesome shit so went in to 30k because the army list is much more interesting to me than the Apocalypse that 40k has become and sniper vets are fucking fun and makes heavy bolters worthwhile.

Choose DG cuz I really like how Deathshroud look and dig the whole can endure anything aspect of the legion. Was kinda bummed that Deathshroud weren't all that good when I got some back when I first started, but now that is not the case.

>What is the one thing you'd want changed or revealed about it?

Since they fixed power scythes and Grave Warden's toxic rules I really can't think of anything to change that wouldn't make this legion OP AF. Rad grenades as normal war gear would be nice, but that would be too OP.

KILL MAIM BURN

rampagers to not suck balls and have their own RoW that made them troops or whatever

>facebook meme

lol!

Fulgrims frustration with his art is something I can relate to.

I hate how they made him like "lol i was in control all this time"

Id rather they made his turn more tragic. Maybe have him still controlled by the daemon, locked in the back of his own mind mourning his brother and the fate of his legion.

Ayy where can I find some curvy as fuck scimitars for my veteran bois

Nth for Glorious pickelhaube folded 1 000 000 times, imperfect gaijin go home.

I actually kind of liked the idea of the officers of the legion attempting to drive the daemon out of Fulgrim, it displayed that some of the honour of the original legion existed even in its perverted form. I would have liked the book completely if the officers succeeded and it wasn't just "lol I was in control this whole time." Fulgrim still becomes a degenerate asshole of his own accord and his eventual disconnect from the legion whose leaders helped liberate him becomes even more tragic since his officers were loyal enough to notice and remove the darmon while Fulgrim eventually abandoned them all for his pleasure world after the Eye of Terror slave wars.

>Ferrus with an Immortal retinue
>"Why aren't you dead? Do I have to do everything around here? It's done like this!"
>*Proceeds to engage Fulgrim*
:^)

Rage, and a (poor) attempt at an outlet for it.

Agree with other user about Rampagers not being shit.

>Iron Warriors
>All the dakka
>>Now with even MOAR dakka, holy shit!
I wish they fixed the Warsmiths and made a Siege Breaker character (our named Warsmith actually buffs fortifications, rather than debuffing the enemy's). Siege breakers and Warsmiths feel kind of lackluster and superfluous rather than themed.

It's hard to ask for stuff that doesn't render them OP now that we ride the Ironfire.

>Scoria. The greatest Meme Character in 30k, even above Sigismund and the Iron Circle.
We have both Autek Mor and baneposting.

>Read the Word Bearer books, took a liking to the Gal Vorbak, and the crimson and black with silver/gold is an incredible scheme.
>I'd say power sword Gal Vorbak as default, but that'd probably make them too OP. Also, I think some Argel Tal rules and a model would be great.

>what's with all this fucking Scoria hype
>fuck Scoria he's a total faggot
>read the rules for his wargear

DARK MECHANICUS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because chemical weapons, mass infantry warfare, terminator shock troops and big fucking guns are rad

LOYAL REDUCTOR POWERHOUSES WHEN?

>rad

Battle-Brother Carlosian, please.

I hate the Death Guard helmets. Everything else is really nice though.

To me, the official Deathguard helmets will always be the Mk III and the Typhus style horned Terminator helm.

Although I suppose this kit is supposed to represent the 40K Plague Marine helmet.

Nope, that kit is FW's 30k upgrade kit.

Iron Warriors one looks pretty baller though. Mk. II upgrade pack.

Changes huh, well

>Death Shroud get to swap to/buy powerfists
>grave wardens get to fire their stank throwers and hand weapon like cyclones
>Some cool/unique weapons/abilities to drive home the flamer/melta/bolter equipment scheme like salvo 2/3 bolters or +1 strength meltas at a cost
>a way to pump more phosphex onto the field, like sergeants being able to get phosphex bombs or phosphex equipped rapiers becoming non-compulsory troops
>Give morty a sire rule that is actually useful (like, say, all those weapons having poison 3+ & rad phage)

in all seriousness though FW have been very kind to us (two great unique units in non-competing slots, two great and one alright HQ, two great RoW and everyones favorite twelve foot tall teleporting ninja assassin), the only thing on that list that I don't classify as a horrible nitpick or the wishiest of wishlisting is morty getting a good sire rule

please r8 my list

White Scars- Chogorian Brotherhood RoW

HQ...235pts

Praetor [Jetbike, iron halo, digi lasers, Thunder hammer, Paragon blade]...235pts

Elites...355pts

Veterans [+5 vets, 10 volkite serpentas, 9 power swords, power glaive] (furious charge)...355pts

Troops...850pts

Skyhunters {+2 jetbikes, sergeant, power glaive]...235pts

Outriders [+2 outriders, meltabombs for all, sergeant, power glaive]...205pts

Recon Squad [nuncio vox, cameoline, artificer armour, rhino]...205pts

Tacticals [nuncio vox, vexilla, artificer armour, rhino]...215pts

Fast Attack...250pts

Storm Eagle [lascannons]...250pts

Heavy support...150pts

Vindicator [laser destroyer, AC]...150pts

1850pts

Vets ride in Storm eagle, jetbikes deep strike and bikers outflank. Considering dropping the tacticals for another squad of outriders.

>FLESH IS WEAK

I wish there were more interesting HQ choices than either a giant asshole or a man in a tank.

And that their rite of war let them take Thanatar Siege-Automata.

and I chose them because Ferrus Mannus was a bro who died too young.

>These are not my hands

>I wish there were more interesting HQ choices than either a giant asshole or a man in a tank.

Would you prefer the marine equivalent? Multiple giant assholes.

What does the star mean? Never seen it before regarding IW. Or anyone.

I literally started collecting them for the chaos codex because they had bat wings on their head.

He means it ties in the plague marines' helmets to ye olde death guard in the same way pic related explains why chaos marines have these backpacks.
Btw those stars suck.
>Typhus style horned Terminator helm
Helmets with stuff to grab them from always seem dumb to me, but rule of cool I guess. I'm partial to thorns, like those traitor UMs.

The FW kit looks like that because the GW models look like that. Same with the rhino Terminators.

The star chests are just silly. No idea what FW were thinking.

Forgot to answer this part. Better Night Fighting rules. They look like they would be pretty baller with either 5th ed or 6th ed Night Fighting.

Ah, I see! Misread, sorry.

I quite like the Iron Hands set.

Yeah! Ye olde night fighting used to restric the value of long ranged weaponry, instead of making you resist bathing on phosphex simply because it's night.

I freaking love Slaanesh.
It was an easy choice.
Good thing Emperor's Children are actually awesome even by their own.

I don't like Eidolon. I don't understand why he had to be the character with both rules and models (and the model is totally awesome too, damn Eidolon!).
There were plenty of better choices. Too bad.

Also, this

>sorry
Heh, you better be!
Just kidding, no need to be so apologetic. I know some fa/tg/uys are known to be autistically agressive in their replies, but that shouldn't be the case.

Wanting to be the best around and never letting anybody take me down.

SoH

>I love hyper agressive play with Reavers as troops.

>Good thing Emperor's Children are actually awesome even by their own.
What? They're awful just Iike all chaos armies.

Is a squad of 5 missile launcher heavy support squad ever worth taking for imperial fists? It's about 170 points and I'm torn between taking that, a demolisher vindicator, or a contemptor cortus.

>Strike first on charge
>One of three legions to have non-unwieldy AP 2 power weapons that can be given to sergeants
>Palatine blades are fairly cheap and extremely versatile
>Almost always sweeping advance
>Combat Resolution shenanigans
>One RoW lets you outflank 3 units on whatever turn you decide before the game begins
>Other RoW lets you make any unit pseudo +1 WS with sonic shriekers
>Eiodolon makes killing non-Sigismund praetors easy
>Primarch is one of the cheapest yet killiest and most versatile

>There were plenty of better choices.
Who? Fabius is the only one I can think of. Lucius is irrelevant and the higher ranking captains in the legion had little of note.

SAUL TARVITZ!

Sleep well, sweet prince.

Didn't Saul "the traitor hater" Tarvitz get rules in HH1?

youtube.com/watch?v=dLMuv5dc-rQ

The official Night Lords/Curze theme song

Would anyone mind me talking about my dudes? This basically the helmet my Harrowmaster wears just in you know AL color. All the picture is missing is mk4 armor, pauldrons, a sleepy time tabard like Siggy, and a tracksuit under the armor because Yuri Kalugin is still a Slav in space. Also I found this blacklibrary.com/Home/alpha-legion-quiz.html guess my result.

They're awful for drawn out fights but are just as deadly as other legions in CC without being JUST assault like WE.

Oh you meant a model. I thought you meant rules. Eh, the issue with Saul getting rules is he is only around for one book before he dies, while he is an important character he isn't a long term player in the heresy. Honestly I don't care, Eiodolon is a great source for parts for champions and a praetor.

Lorgar and the Word Bearers say otherwise.

BEARD OF EVIL™! Lorgar model when!?

Imperial Fists:
youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6OPaQ78eY

World Eaters
youtube.com/watch?v=C21PrOKRG8w

The Lion:
youtube.com/watch?v=v0DvT9MxdoE

siege breaker/champion/master of signal made out of spare bits

Does the Orbital Assault rite of war mean that you can take deathstorm drop pods and both fast attacks AND heavy support? (So you could in theory take 6)

>Jawbreaker

You cheeky fuck.

White Scars
youtube.com/watch?v=M_s-49rNCdw&list=PLEf2r8gdfvQo67nte_ScLwEdmwWcEekJ4&index=16

Iron Hands
youtube.com/watch?v=5JSj1Kdw8JM

1ksons
youtube.com/watch?v=PW-6FKFnHx8

>Playing my EC vs friend's space wolves
>Down to his Praetor and a single veteran
>Im down to a 5 man tac squad
>Issue challenge
>He accepts
>My tac sergeant goes at initiative fucking 6 with his phoenix spear
>hits and wounds all 3 times
>Praetor fails all 3 invulns and dies
>mfw

I almost felt bad for a second

Almost

Emperor's Children

youtube.com/watch?v=MKoR-3oaWlQ

>Iron warriors
youtube.com/watch?v=TGHW9sFtK4o

With the way it's worded, does a character using a charnabal sabre get the initiative bonus when in a challenge, even if they use another weapon.

It doesnt say the user has to be USING the weapon.

No.

So when they make rules for him are they going to give him a special rule to supersede the Primarch's Fearlessness?

lookin' good. iron hands? I recognize the helmet at least.

>the user of this weapon

It literally says it right there. If he uses another weapon he is by default not the user of this one.

At first it didn't thrill me, but speeding it up has started to grow on me.

Ahem

>Pounding the world like a battering ram
>Forging the furnace for the final grand slam
>Chopping away at the source soon the course will be done
>Leaving a trail of destruction that's second to none

youtube.com/watch?v=v4grHNGwPfE

>Tfw Sang and the Lion will be beautiful
>Fulgrim will be the only pretty primarch with an ugly model

the same time we get mr.T Ferrus Mannus

I can't unsee bane faces with those bottom right helmets.

/tv/ and reddit are the other way.

I mean you can take them in elite, fast attack... why not troops too.

NATO.

Wonder what would have been needed for each Traitor Legion to stay loyal.

Like, Perturabo being pat on the head and told he's doing great by the Emperor and that he should totally build something awesome? I don't know.

I'm curious about the primarch's guard idea. mentioned in the last thread. Does anyone else already run something similar to that? I field Fulgrim with 7 Phoenix Guard, a Champion (terminator armour and phoenix spear), an apothecary (terminator armour and phoenix spear), and a chaplain (terminator armour and phoenix spear) in a spartan. Pretty fun unit, hatred, WS 5/6 with sonic shriekers FnP, and zealot fighting alongside Fulgrim.

Tons of hitting on 3s with rerolls and AP 2 all of it at initiative 6 on the charge. Still gets raped by two wound terminators but as a whole is pretty badass, although practically speaking I should swap the champion or apothecary for a forge master for rad grenades (hit on 3s with rerolls, wound on 2s, all of it at initiative 6).

Weren't the Iron Warriors also drawn from the "gun clans of the Auto Plateau" or something? So Americans became obsessed with NATO and it carried on into the legion they were sent to.

Pert needed to stop being fatalistically paranoid.

A firmer hand on the Lion?

Why the fuck would a weapon's rules activate if you're not using the weapon? It has to specifically say it gives a bonus even when it's not being used, such as bolt pistols providing +1A.

Sadly, Konrad Curze dying sooner

We've reached the 40,000th The Lion is a traitor joke. Congratulations.

Gun Runers man. Gun Runners.

Curze would be fine had Fulgrim not fallen. Fulgrim mentored Curze when he was discovered so Curze trusted Fulgrim, unfortunately chaos Fulgrim is a bad person to trust. If Fulgrim had remained loyal he probably wouldn't have told Dorn about Curze's visions and instead told someone not likely to go apeshit.

Thanks senpai

I love Lorgar as a character, love the legion due to their gene-induced idealism and zealotry. I also really hate smurfs.

The legion has their martial prowess more pronounced and described in detail, rather than being quite obscure. We know the World Eaters are top tier berserker fury melee waves of charges, we know the White Scars are lightning fast space mongols, the Word Bearers aren't particularly described that well.

Anyone else ever stand next to a short person and feel like an Astartes? There was a nurse that took me to the X-ray room yesterday and she had to have been 5 feet even.

Their martial prowess is the ability to get the jump on someone and still lose.

my girlfriend is 4'11"
Thank you for this gift.

The Word Bearers outnumbered the Ultras with daemons too. How does someone fail that hard?

Plot armour

Le epic mechanicum girl activates the defences at le last minute faec

All four of you are wrong to a degree. Word Bearers's go to plan is to blandly spam cultists and and daemons as expendable shock troops. This works but is highly stereotypical. Dark Apostles should be at the front lines inspring terror in their enemies and mortal allies, and performing great deeds of the vilest dark heroism in the name of the Pantheon of Lies that invigorate the Chaos Space Marines and the mortal cannon fodder. As for the blandness Word Bears are very traditional which isn't a bad thing. Another for another detail is the unity they have which drives their disgusting faith. Then against all odds they utterly fail because Word Bears are worst legion.
I'm the guy who had the dream with the Emperor in it. The only difference between him and pictures of him in armor was that he had a Clark Kent look and no one seemed to notice his halo. His wife was 5'7 and Big E was still 15ft tall.

EBIN MATT WARD EBINNNNNNN GROSSULTRAMARIUMS BRO

because then theyd be scoring

The last part was a joke. Like the one I want to make right now, but can't due to the restraint I'm showing.

I guess we can forget about Edgy Daemon teleports-behind-you and le epic daemon virus that instantly takes over the defenses at just the right moment faec

>Be umpire for little league game
>Feel like a primarch

Incomparable to the massive plot planetary defence form shield for the most mary-sue garbage that is the 13th Legion that even has the legendary roman legion's number because it is so mary sue and masturbatory

Was He a giant or not?