Dragonball Quest #20

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>Information on the MC

pastebin.com/26cbDMzF

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a thirteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

21st World Martial Arts Tournament

>>youtube.com/watch?v=nhScFOYNEoM

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10408896
strawpoll.me/10408905
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hype motherfuckers

For the past year, you've been preparing.

You compared your speed with Goku and Krillin, received lessons from Master Roshi himself, then set out on your own, enduring intense training as you swam across oceans, climbed mountains with a cannonball strapped to your back, fought pirates, bears, and beasts. You've ran across the continent, trained your speed, endurance, and power, and even developed a new technique.

And now, the day you have been preparing for has come at last. The day where you can truly out all of your training to the test. The day where you can find out just how strong you've become.

The day of the World Martial Arts Tournament.

When the sun rises, you've already been up for hours. Bulma told you that registration isn't until late this evening, but you have too much anticipation and energy to sleep.

So, you've gone for a run around West City, passing by the people who are out so early, most of whom stare at you in bewilderment, something you've grown used to in the time you've lived at Bulma's house.

You leap high, landing on the roof of someone's house, and hopping from roof to roof for several blocks before jumping down and running back to Capsule Corporation.

The robots that manage the door have been instructed to let you come and go as you please, so the doors open as you approach.

None of the workers seem to have arrived yet, so the place is pretty empty.

>A. Go to your room and try to get some rest

>B. See if Bulma is up

>C. See if Oolong is up

>D. Something else

>C. See if Oolong is up

>>B. See if Bulma is up

>B. See if Bulma is up
>C. See if Oolong is up
Team Capsule Corp Goooo

strawpoll.me/10408896

strawpoll.me/10408905

>Yamcha

You reveal your hand too soon Som.

You decide to see if your friends are awake yet, so you run upstairs, first going to the guest bedroom where Oolong sleeps.

Unsurprisingly, the pig is still snoring away beneath the covers. He doesn't get up very early if he can help it, and he hates when people wake him up.

Letting him sleep, you head for Bulma's room, finding the door shut. You knock gently, and wait a few seconds.

Bulma opens the door, giving you a warm smile.

"Good morning," she greets.

Today, she's wearing a sleeveless red shirt with her name on it above a white undershirt, as well as an orange skirt.

She takes a step back, opening the door wider, inviting you in.

"I know you've been working all year for this, so I've got a little surprise for you," she says, heading for her desk.

You enter the room and walk over. She turns and hands you some clothes. They look identical to the weighted clothes you wear for training, but aren't heavy at all.

Your own uniform to wear at the tournament. And this one won't slow you down.

>A. Thank her

>B. Tell her you appreciate all she's done for you

>C. Ask when it will be time to leave

>D. Ask if you can get a kiss for luck

>E. Something else

Do I? Do I really?

As long as we're being playful instead of being annoying at this point.

>So many waifus to choose from
>Cant decided which is best
>See Potch on the list
>"Hahaha what? Little slut dosen't stand a chance hahaha..ha...."
Pocowatha +1 vote

>C. Ask when it will be time to leave

>>B. Tell her you appreciate all she's done for you
>>C. Ask when it will be time to leave

>A. Thank her

>>B. Tell her you appreciate all she's done for you

You tell Bulma that you appreciate all she's done for you.

"Hey, you've given me some things to work on, plus free advertising," she points out. "And it's not like you cause trouble. No sweat."

You smile, playfully asking her if you can get a kiss for luck.

She frowns for a moment before seeming to realize you're just messing with her. A smirk comes onto her face.

"Not before we're even at the tournament, kid," she tells you. "Besides, a kiss from a beautiful woman like me is a prize, not a good luck charm."

"When will it be time to go?" you ask her.

Bulma chuckles. "Impatient, huh? Well registration isn't until late tonight, so we'll probably leave in the afternoon."

She grabs her box of dynocaps and heads for the door. "Now, come on, let's go have breakfast."

The morning is pleasant, though you have some difficulty enjoying it as you're just so excited for the tournament you can't really focus on anything else.

Finally, the time arrives, and Bulma throws down a capsule, creating a small airship for you, her, and Oolong to travel in.

The three of you climb aboard and set off for the island where the tournament will be held.

"So, kid, tell the truth," Oolong says. "Do you think you're strong enough to beat Goku?"

>A. Definitely

>B. Yes

>C. You aren't sure yet

>D. You doubt it

>E. No

>F. Something else

>all you've done for her.

>B. Yes

>B. Yes

>B. Yes

>A.)

You tell him that yes, you do think you're strong enough to beat Goku now.

"Well, I hope you're right, kid," Oolong tells you. "With how much you've been obsessing over that, I don't wanna know what's gonna happen if you lose to him."

The airship makes it all the way to the tournament island, which is not too far from South City, and lands on the outskirts of a city surrounding the arena. Bulma, who still has the most experience navigating such places, leads the way while you and Oolong follow behind and take in all of the sights.

It doesn't take long to reach the tournament grounds, which stick out like a sore thumb when compared to the rest of the city. The architecture looks older and more foreign than the rest of the city, and has a much more simple yet dignified look to it.

There's a sizeable crowd gathered outside of the gate, men and women of all ages and species talking or looking out for the fighters.

You spot a desk with a man in odd clothes sitting behind it.

"I think that's where you sign up," Bulma tells you.

You approach the desk, and the man behind it asks if you're lost.

>A. No, you want to sign up to compete in the tournament

>B. Ask if two boys named Goku or Krillin have signed up

>C. Something else

>>A. No, you want to sign up to compete in the tournament
>>B. Ask if two boys named Goku or Krillin have signed up

>A. No, you want to sign up to compete in the tournament

This

>C. Something else

Lost?

No, I'm gonna WON!

>>A. No, you want to sign up to compete in the tournament
>>B. Ask if two boys named Goku or Krillin have signed up

You answer that you're not lost, and explain that you're here to enter for the tournament.

The man looks surprised and confused, so you're pretty sure that kids signing up for the tournament is not a very common thing.

"Are you sure about this?" he asks you.

You tell him that you are, and that you're going to win!

"If you say so," the man responds without much confidence. "I'll just need your name."

You tell him that your name is Tofoo.

"Alright, Tofoo, well, the preliminaries are tomorrow, make sure you're here on time," the man tells you.

As you walk away from the table, you hear someone else call your name.

"Tofoo!"

Goku and Krillin come running toward you, both dressed in suits and hats, and wearing smiles on their faces.

Master Roshi, also dressed uncharacteristically nice, follows them, and you can feel him staring at you from beneath his glasses.

"Wow, you made it!" Goku says excitedly.

"Glad to see you didn't chicken out," Krillin tells you.

>A. Tell them both that it's great to see them

>B. Ask how their training went

>C. Say hello to Master Roshi

>D. Something else

I don't want to be antagonistic towards Roshi, but I think our interactions with him are gonna be interesting.

>>A. Tell them both that it's great to see them

Let's not be a dick here, we were the ones that bugged out.

This.

You tell Goku and Krillin that it's great to see them both.

Goku grins. "You too!"

You look to Master Roshi, and say hello.

He nods. "Hello, Tofoo. You're looking well. And it seems you've been training hard. I hope that walking your own path has been good to you."

He looks away. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get Goku and Krillin registered."

"So how did your training go?" Krillin asks. "What have you been doing all year?"

>A. Tell him he'll see

>B. Describe your training to them

>C. Ask about their training

>D. Ask if Master Roshi was mad when you left

>E. Something else

I have conquered Jelkala.
In it, I found a large amount of waifu!

A, then D

>A. Tell him he'll see

>B. Describe your training to them

>>A. Tell him he'll see

>A. Tell him he'll see
>C. Ask about their training

>A. Tell him he'll see

>E. Promise to discuss it after the tournament

Fucking love that game m8

wut

You tell him that he'll see.

Krillin chuckles, and you hear a nervous edge in his voice, though he hides it pretty well. "I can't wait."

Goku excitedly nods in agreement. "I hope we get to fight each other. I really want to see how strong you've gotten."

Changing the subject, you ask if Master Roshi was mad when you left.

"No, I don't think he was mad," Goku tells you.

"I'd say he was more disappointed," Krillin explains. "He said you needed to figure things out on your own, and that he hoped you'd learn discipline while you were away."

"Well, you boys are signed up," Master Roshi says as he approaches the three of you.

>A. Ask Master Roshi if he's going to be competing

>B. Tell Master Roshi it's good to see him

>C. Ask Goku if he's been practicing his Kamehameha

>D. Ask Krillin if he can outrun Goku yet

>E. Something else

>C. Ask Goku if he's been practicing his Kamehameha

>D. Ask Krillin if he can outrun Goku yet

>E. Something else

Discipline, eh? What exactly does he mean by that? We've been training really hard, does that count?

B
C
D

>>B. Tell Master Roshi it's good to see him

>B.
>A.
then
>C.
>D.

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

This works

Read it. Did you? Or do you not know what trial board is?

You tell Master Roshi that it's good to see him.

"You too, Tofoo," he says. "I was worried you wouldn't make it to the tournament, but I guess you're confident in your training."

"Are you competing?" you ask.

His lips curl upward. "No, I'm just here to watch Goku and Krillin. This will be the end of their training, a way for them to apply what I've taught them."

You ask Goku if he's been practicing his Kamehameha Wave.

Goku shakes his head. "No, but Master Roshi says that it should be stronger since I've gotten so much stronger."

"Yes, both of them have done marvelously in their training," Master Roshi assures you. "They've come a long way."

You look over at Krillin. "Can you outrun Goku?"

"Well, Goku's still a little faster than me," Krillin admits. "But I'm much stronger than I was."

"Well, look who it is," someone says from behind you.

You turn to see a man with short dark hair and wearing a red bandanna standing behind you, looking down with a cocky smirk that looks pretty familiar.

"What a pleasant surprise," he comments. "I wasn't expecting to see you."

He glances over at the others.

"And Goku too," he notes. "Excellent."

This guy seems really familiar.

>A. Ask who he is

>B. Yamcha?

>C. Something else

>>B. Yamcha?

>B. Yamcha?
Do we still have the sword? Might be a good time to extend the olive branch as it were

You left it at Capsule Corp

>B. Yamcha?

Think we can get it sometime during the tournament or between now and then

"Yamcha?" you ask.

"That's Yamcha?" Goku asks in confusion. "Where'd his hair go?"

"I cut it, you nitwit," Yamcha tells him before looking back at you. "I'm really glad you're here, Tofoo. It'll give me a nice chance to show you just how much stronger I've gotten, and get a little payback for the beating you gave me before."

He drops into a stance. "So, I hope you're ready for another taste of my Wolf Fang Fist!"

"Who's this guy?" Krillin whispers to Goku.

"He's the guy who followed Tofoo and me in the desert," Goku answers. "But we beat him."

"Hmmph, you kids got lucky," Yamcha corrects. "This time, you won't be winning."

"Alright, save it for the ring," Master Roshi speaks up.

Yamcha turns his attention to the martial arts master, frowning. "And who are you supposed to be, old man? Their grandfather?"

"No, he's Master Roshi," Goku explains.

Yamcha's confident demeanor seems to shatter. "Master Roshi? THE Master Roshi?"

"So you've heard of me," Master Roshi guesses.

Yamcha regains his composure. "No, that can't be Master Roshi."

"It can't?" Roshi asks. "I guess I'd better fix the labels on my underwear, then."

"Funny, old man," Yamcha tells him before looking back at you. "I hope you're ready, kid, because you're going to be leaving the ring in a stretcher."

"Goku, is that you?" Bulma asks as she and Oolong approach.

"Bulma?" Goku asks excitedly. "Oolong?"

Yamcha goes stiff, his face turning red as he slowly and awkwardly retreats into the crowd.

Bulma watches him go, getting a dreamy expression on her face. "Who was that? He's cute."

>A. Yamcha

>B. You're cuter

>C. Ask if they've seen Puar

>D. Something else

If you can convince Bulma or Yamcha to take you and get it, then sure.

>>A. Yamcha

>A. Yamcha

I want to waifu Bulma, but I don't want to be too pushy.

>A. Yamcha
Hope she still remembers she's disgusted at him for the whole Chichi thing

>B.
>D. Laugh
>A.

>B. You're cuter

"Yamcha," you answer.

Bulma's face changes from a dreamy expression to one of disgust.

"Yamcha?! Ugh, that creep!" she shouts.

"Well, at least she learned her lesson there," Oolong comments before looking at Goku. "Looking sharp, kid!"

"Thanks!" Goku says happily, smiling at his friend. "So, how have you guys been?"

"Pretty great," Bulma says, the disgust leaving her face as she just looks thrilled to see Goku again.

"Hello!" Master Roshi says loudly as he slides in front of her.

Oh boy.

"Oh gosh, it's you," Bulma says in disappointment. "I heard you were teaching Goku."

Master Roshi grins, taking a step closer to the girl. "Bulma, I keep thinking about the last time I saw you."

Bulma's face turns red as Master Roshi holds his hands in front of his face and pushes his palms toward each other.

"Remember?" he asks. "You wore that bunny suit. Remember? Hehehe. Bunny, bunny. Why, why don't you go put it o-"

"SHUT UP!" Bulma shouts, producing a large hammer seemingly out of nowhere and slamming it into Master Roshi's chin.

"Old man," Oolong comments as Roshi hits the ground. "Filthy as dirt."

>A. Remind Oolong that he used to talk to Bulma like that

>B. Tell Bulma she should think about entering the tournament

>C. Ask Goku and Krillin if they want to hang out before the tournament

>D. Something else

>A. Remind Oolong that he used to talk to Bulma like that

>B. Tell Bulma she should think about entering the tournament

>C. Ask Goku and Krillin if they want to hang out before the tournament

>A.
Jokingly >B.
>C.

>D. Something else
PIGGY PIGGY PIGGY

You point out that Oolong used to talk to her like that.

"Hey, I learned my lesson, kid," Oolong tells you."Roshi's the one who hasn't figured out that trying the same thing over and over and expecting it to turn out differently is insane!"

Master Roshi remains on the ground, twitching as Bulma puts the hammer back wherever it came from.

You jokingly tell her that she should think about entering the tournament.

Bulma chuckles.

You ask Goku and Krillin if they want to hang out before the tournament.

And so, that's what you do. The three of you spend the next several hours hanging out and talking about what's coming tomorrow. You and Goku are both excited, but you learn that Krillin is very nervous, not really expecting to be victorious.

Goku keeps assuring him that he'll do great, and if Goku's confident in Krillin's strength, you figure he must have gotten pretty strong.

Eventually, you all have to say goodbye and go your separate ways to sleep for the evening.

When the next day comes, you meet up with Goku, Krillin, and Master Roshi outside of the gates, finding a massive crowd gathered.

A lot of the people are probably just here to watch, but you see a lot of tough looking men and women of all shapes and sizes gathered to compete.

"I hate crowds," Bulma groans.

"Wow, are all these people fighters?" Goku asks.

"Punch one and find out," Krillin jokes nervously.

"Just stay close to me, boys," Master Roshi instructs them. "Don't get lost staring."

The three of them make their way toward a desk outside of the contest hall, as a man with a megaphone instructs all the competitors to go there.

"Well, guess this is it," Bulma tells you. "Go get 'em!"

"Knock 'em dead, kid!" Oolong tells you.

>A. Thank them

>B. Head for the desk

>C. Something else

>A. Thank them

>A. Thank them
>B. Head for the desk

>>A. Thank them
>>B. Head for the desk

This

You thank them, then make your way toward the desk.

"Good luck!" Oolong calls.

"We're rooting for you!" Bulma shouts.

Master Roshi, Goku, and Krillin step away from the desk as you approach. Two men sit behind the desk, looking at you in surprise.

"Tofoo, right?" one of the men asks. "Are you sure you want to enter?"

You tell him that you are, and he tells you to head for the contest hall.

As you step away from the table, you see Goku and Krillin changing into uniforms Master Roshi gave them.

"This is great!" Goku says excitedly.

"These uniforms are so bright," Krillin points out. "I hope we don't stand out."

"Now listen, the first roadblock will be the preliminary round," Master Roshi explains to them. "Out of all of the competitors, only eight will make it to the actual tournament, so take it seriously."

"We will, master!" Goku assures him.

"We'll do our best," Krillin promises.

The three of you enter the contest hall, finding it packed with fighters. Most are men, but you spot a few women as well. There are people of many species, including tigers, bears, gorillas, wolves, and so on. Some are huge, some are normal size, and some just look monstrous.

An old man stands in front of a microphone across the room. "Hello, hello, testing. Okay. First of all, we'd like to thank all of you fighters for coming out here to compete, because, if you didn't there wouldn't really be much of a show."
>A. This is going to be amazing!

>B. You wonder how tough these people are

>C. Ask the others how many people they think there are

>D. Wait for directions

>E. Something else

>B. You wonder how tough these people are

WITNESSED

Also

It doesn't really matter how many there are or how tough they are, we're gonna beat 'em all!

>C. Ask the others how many people they think there are

>>A. This is going to be amazing!

Who here hype for TRUE SPORTSMANSHIP

Q. Som, are we allowed to watch the other matches, to get an idea of how the other fighters move?

We may have raised our STR and CON, but we haven't worked on our technique.

Hyyyyyyype

Shit yes, Staffordshire Terriers.
Top tier dog imo.
Two of my neighbours own one. The dogs are always happy to see me, even if the dogs constantly fight whenever they're near each-other

Of course

Rolled 50, 3, 63 = 116 (3d100)

I hope we don't job to the first guy.

Hell, I hope we don't job in the preliminaries.

Here are some 90s for good luck.

Huh, I roll 3d100 and none of them are above 90.
Maybe our luck is running out.

Rolled 30, 27, 23 = 80 (3d100)

I got this shit

Glad you like them

Rolled 99, 75, 9 = 183 (3d100)

You're all fags, let me do it.

Huh, I'm rewatching DBZ and it seems ChiChi didn't go full bitch mode until after Goku died for the first time.

All things considered it's pretty understandable that it changed her.

Rolled 62, 93, 58, 48, 89, 37, 13, 99, 74, 16 = 589 (10d100)

>one 99

This was also after Gohan got kidnapped. Twice.
That would also make her salty.
How old was she at this time?

If you're 30+ years old and your hormones are saying "I have no kids" because your only one got kidnapped, and you can't get kids because no husband, that'll make you damn pissy.

Rolled 48 (1d100)

Two 99s so far