Pokemon Quest #147

Preparing for the Belt Edition

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gobble
Twitter: twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: You and Geno stormed the security office to stop a Team Imperium infiltration.

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes are always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear vote winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever! This is not a video game. Weak moves tend to be quicker.

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 10

Pokemon on you:
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Fel (Butterfree)
Oberon (Garchomp)
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)
Aria (Meloetta)

Not In Party:
Raistlin (Alakazam)
Devon (Houndoom)
Trunks (Trevenant)
Vlad (Crobat)
Leviathan (Gyarados)

Well Gobbled!

You and Geno have stormed the security room and captured the Team Imperium members that were infiltrating. The real security has come in just in time to see you holding the fake security off. It looks every bit like a hostage situation.

“Put your Pokemon away, and your hands up.”

A few Growlithes and Mr. Mimes take position beside the security guards.

“Of course, we’ll happily surrender and expl-” Geno istops himself when he notices one of the guards that came is also a Team Imperium member. He takes a second to think.

The guards get antsy. “I won’t ask again.”

>Point the member out to the real guards.
>Attack the Team Imperium guard. Let them take you in after.
>Surrender. You can slyly mention it to the legit guards before the TI member can do anything, right?
>Let Geno speak. He’s the respected Elite Four leader
>Escape! You’ll sort it out later when you can be sure you’re safe
>Something else

Time for butts!

For once, we're probably better off leaving it to someone else.

>>Let Geno speak. He’s the respected Elite Four leader

His word will probably mean a lot more than ours.

Shouldn't they recognize how they've never seen any of these captured 'guards' before?

>2AM start
Suffering.

How's it going Gobble?

So user who kept pushing for a rotor in our dexter... What else are we getting in Sun and moon?

>rotor in our dexter
Is this a euphemism?

It should be!

I imagine it has been, regularly, for our trio.

Rotor. Fuck posting on a phone. I just find the fact that that was pitched as an idea here before Sun and Moon was a thing kind of hilarious.

Geno throws up his hands. “We can explain. But it’s important that you all very carefully...”

“He’s got a gun!” One of the hostage members yells before trying to tackle Geno from behind. He quickly spins around and pins them in an armlock. The guards all scramble and two Mr. Mime’s use Thunder Wave, but Altaria uses Safeguard.

“I do not, and I’ll gladly surrender, but you need to listen to me,” Geno keeps a firm hold on the guard. “Step away from that man,” he points to the guard. “Now!” They slowly comply, thinking this is a hostage problem. “There has been an infiltration.”

They seem skeptical, but willing to hear him out. He makes a few good points about the men not being on the register. He even has one of the legitimate guards step inside and use the computer system to check the registrations of the men there. By now, the real police are here as well.

They arrest the fake guards one at a time.

“We’ll need to take you into custody for questioning.” Geno agrees. He retrieves his Altaria and surrenders.

“You too,” the police officer points to you. “It could take a few days.”

Geno winces. “She has an important league match coming up. She needs to train.”

“That’s not my problem.”

Damnit! Maybe you can call in a favor?

>Claim diplomatic immunity. You’re a Viscountess. The royal family will back you, right?
>Violet would definitely be willing to help you out if it means you owe her.
>Ask Geno to do what he can to help.
>A few days isn’t that big of a deal. Just surrender.
>Something else.

R O T O M!

Fucking auto correct.

Your phone is having a laugh, user!
And who knows, maybe they're gonna crib a ton of ideas from this quest for the next pokemon games. Choose your favorite sexual position, but watch out, your rival will grab one that beats yours!

>Claim diplomatic immunity. You’re a Viscountess. The royal family will back you, right?

>Violet

Fuck it. Kat can use that time to work on herself instead. Maybe make up with dark Kat again. Or make out. Either way.

Clair is best girl.

>A few days in custody for questioning
What kind of legal bullshit is that?

Alright, that went okay. Nice work, Geno.

>Something Else
WAIT, what if we called in our TV connections? They have plenty of sleazy lawyers that can get us out of this.

That's not too bad an idea, but we might have to pay for it. And I don't mean with money.

This is probably a bad idea, but I want to see what happens.

Probably a great big headache...hopefully for people who are not Kat.

Maybe that one.

backing

Supporting.

Meh, If Violet wants to have a full powered and fair match she can get us out of this free of charge. If not well I honestly don't care too much about beating her. Beating the Elite 4 was the important part in my opinion.

I'll back this.

The TV station will try to spin this into some sort of big thing aren't they?

>Violet would definitely be willing to help you out if it means you owe her.
Well not sure what she'd even want

That, and we might wind up having to deal with legal bullshit for a few days instead of train anyway.

We can atleast try to ask for them to save it for after the league.
Maybe have someone help so it goes faster though.

probably something to wound our pride and more amenablte to manipulation. Or force us to do something lewd with us to hurt Robin. something bitchy for sure.

At least Kat heroically helping the Elite 4 dealing with dangerous criminals is a GOOD big thing.

You know, once that gets clarified.

I don't know, if we do fight her, I think she'd want us to be at our best to prove her weird ideals.

changing to

She would ask for couple days of our time, redeemable at her convenience.
Then cash it in right after wedding with Robin.

Yeah, beating Violet is really more a part of robin's story than ours. We've made a name for ourselves, become independent, gathered a family...

Worst comes to worst we personally know some top-tier trainers like Clair who can at least keep our pokemon sharp for us.

We've been training for this a long time. A few days shouldn't matter too much.

Surely not even Violet would be so reprehensible!

>>A few days isn’t that big of a deal. Just surrender.

Suboptimal choice to go along with it, but it would have been fun to see Kat in jail for a bit.

Honestly I'd like to see what the prices for the different options are before choosing any, because as it is we have no idea what we'd be giving up for any of these.

Its like we have to make a choice or something.

And then Raistlin teleports Violet into a black hole at the edge of the universe. Good End.

I don't really think Kat is in a position for a cost-benefit analysis. After all, this being a work of fiction I imagine we'll be sticking stringently to the idea of one phone-call only!

I'm fine with that, it's more that we're making a completely uninformed choice and I don't know how we'd become more informed. Like for starters, I don't think we can talk to the officers arresting us at all.

Or... or.. Violet and Kat have an affair and never tell Robin about it. Violet will never actually tell Robin, but she always hints at it.

You surrender for now.

“I’m sorry, Kat. This isn’t how I thought it would go. Such a treatment for stopping a plot like this isn’t how it should have gone. I’m positive this long term questioning isn’t legal, unless they’re trying to use some sort of legal loophole.”

“It’s okay, I have a plan.”

“Good. Good. If for whatever reason it doesn’t work out, I’m at your disposal.”

You’re taken into custody and your Pokemon are confiscated. You really, really don’t like that. The officer in charge assures you they’ll be treated well and returned.

You’ve been listening closely and waiting for any questions they might have about your friends. They have nothing to ask about Jeanine and Robin, but they do have questions about Clair and Vance.Everyone is safe. Apparently they stumbled onto a huge stash of Voltorbs and Electrodes though. You can honestly say you don’t know anything about that.

Finally, you’re allowed to make a call. You dial up the agent you’ve dealt with before.

“Kat, baby. I don’t know if I want to strangle you or kiss you. This is going to blow up big time.”

You explain that you’d really like to get out to train.

“Well... I know some really good lawyers and the right people who can move things like this quickly, but we’ll need to put the right spin on this. And the studio will want something in return.” He lays out a few options. “And if those don’t work for you, I think they’ll rev up some bad girl type merchandise and make your public image into that punk that everybody loves to hate.”

>Agree to do a few commercials for them for whatever they want, as long as they don’t take up much time.
>Agree to do bikini modeling for a music video for some album they’re promoting.
>Offer to owe him a favor personally, instead of the company.
>Offer something else
>Screw that noise. Call up Geno
>Just stay the few days. Work on yourself in peace and quiet. Meditate.

>Agree to do bikini modeling for a music video for some album they’re promoting.
Sure, why not. We can tease Robin while it's going, too.

>>Agree to do bikini modeling for a music video for some album they’re promoting.

Seriously, It doesn't matter that much. I think the best way to make Violet mad is to just not even consider her worth beating.

>>Just stay the few days. Work on yourself in peace and quiet. Meditate.

Why not. Let's us get training in.

I don't really see why they insist on making Kat all commercialized when her whole image is based on counter-culture. At least throw her in an avant-garde video for some alt-rock band or something!
That said, bikini Kat is good too.

>>Just stay the few days. Work on yourself in peace and quiet. Meditate.

Isn't Robin facing Violet and then we face Robin?

But what if our being in jail makes it too hard for Robin to concentrate?

>>Agree to do bikini modeling for a music video for some album they’re promoting.

My brain wants us to meditate for some introspection and well-deserved downtime - meditation can be useful, even if there is a risk with Kat's state of mind that it'll backfire.
My heart wants us to do whatever we can to get out so we maximum train and get in tip top shape and be the best we can.
My dick wants bikini Kat.

Training is good. We can meditate even after we do this anyways too.

That's a good point actually. I like it for Kat's part, but it's really kind of unfair to Robin (and our other friends, but they don't have important matches coming.

If modeling wins, it'll certainly be interesting to see their reaction to all of Kat's scars. Wonder if they'll want to cover them up.

Also, honestly, I think if anything needs to be polished back to top state it is probably Kat's mind rather than her pokemon.

I'll switch to
For Robin.

>Offer to owe him a favor personally, instead of the company.

If they ask her to cover them up (or just start to without comment) we should insist on not letting them.

Maybe slightly tone down the worst ones at most, but not obscuring any. Just explain that Kat fans will love them anyway. Besides, it's not like Kat's unattractive whether scars or no scars.

The answer will literally always be heart, as dick throbbing is always a lesser form of the heart's throbbing.

[Let's just be safe, since both training and mental state and public image will all still be relevant again at later points in the quest.

Kat can spend an afternoon being super sexy in a music video for some alt-rock punk band cross promotional thing, or spend a few days in custody and getting some very rare alone time]

>bikini
>custody

>bikini

>bikini

Umm, just to be clear. If we don't do any deals with them, they are going to sin us as a bad girl?

>bikini

>custody

>bikini

>bikini

>custody

>bikini

[Yup! A Miley Cyrus type of thing where your infamy is the product. Execs figure you're on the way out in terms of popularity and want to exploit that angle for one last big sales push. Of course, you could always prove them wrong in the future.]

>alt-rock punk band bikini video
Sounds like quite the event.
And yeah I think both ways have pros and cons for Kat, but the Robin part convinced me. A good chance she'd be worried sick about us the whole time and get little practice or prep done herself. Even if she didn't do that bad, it still feels unfair to put it on her.

>custody

Time is already up pal.

>bikini

Aw yeah time to sell out.

Hey, Gobble didn't specify it was a super-serious final destination 5-minute only vote!

On another note, people should start counting the FD 5 minutes from the first vote of that type instead of from the QM post. Absolutely no difference except late-comers who tab in rarely get a bit more time to reply, since the 5-minute timer doesn't start until said first vote anyway.