Warhammer 40k General

No One Noticed the Lack of Chicken in the Last OP Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lIt-b0jAr88?t=27s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Blood Angels

I've got a bunch of Tau I don't want to paint white
Do I do Cave fighting, Night fighting, or Forest fighting color schemes?
Trips gets the final say. The army will have at least one riptide.

Cave Fighting, because Riptides and Jetpacks are great for small, enclosed spaces right?

Arctic fighting

Big caves.

Would making the entire Death Korps army fearless make them compeditive.

For you

Back after looking into Ravenwing and Deathwing.
Have to say it is exactly what I wanted. Already grabbed the codex for the OP.
I think my first 1000 will just be bikes and land speeders.

Would two battle forces be a good start?

I bought the DV rules, are the DVs worth it?

What's a good ha to start with.

My friends play AdMech, Tau, KDK, IG and Orks

Omegon and Sigmar are the 2nd and 11th primarchs
Space Wolves shatter the legions.
Ultramarines take in the remnants.
Alpha Legion absorbs the primarchs.
Discuss.

Nonsense.

II and XI are someplace else.

derp

Ultraviolet Fighting.

Ultraviolent fighting?

Under the light of a BIG Star!

where's that sisters of battle update lads?

A and F type stars. O and B have lives too short for a star cluster.

pls give generously.

I got the Death from the Skies book today. It's legit good, and I like the formation stuff it has. Most of all though is the fighter ace section. I already have an internal narrative going on with my models, but this gives me an excuse to name/customize my pilots.

But not too big.

Kill yourself.

>Trips gets the final say

This is /40kg/ you retard.

If trips you do Battle Sisters like a champ

Nah. Artillery lists get owned by weight of dice or mobility. Leadership isnt a huge problem.

Damn. 5 off trips. Exactly where GW has left sisters.

Why would two separate Legions have a twin as the Primarch.

it's just a test of faith

Rolling again

ROLLING FOR SISTERS

A xenos inquisitor and her crazy nuns found the Tau Empire calendar and couldn't resist Farsight's sweet blue abs.

Do A type stars live long enough (around 1 Billion years) for life to develop? Maybe enough for terraforming. However, the star must have come from outside the Star Cluster, captured, since stars in a clusters are usually of the same age (they form at the same time). 20 times more luminosity than our sun.

>trips

This is going to take a while. Why not just say dubs?

the only abs they care about are oiled by custodes

>this is how kitten met Shadowsun

Rolling for Evangelion theme, because Tau.

Fuck it, caves sound dope.

They aren't twins then, silly.

How does extremis level threat work with ICs?
If I select an ic, does preferred enemy still trigger if he's attached to a unit?
And if I select a unit that starts the game with an IC in it does pref enemy persist if the rest of the squad is wiped?

Paint them bright pink.

youtu.be/lIt-b0jAr88?t=27s

OH SHIT.

My faith is significantly wavering after such close luck and then

that would actually look good, bright pink is an overlooked colour.

A manly color.

Praise be to the Emperor this day.

Yes...!

Pink caves and forests at night.

Sisters do need an update though. So I hope you guys get that much.

>667

Satan foiled again.

Why is he so fucking cool?

I wish inquisitors could have a little more cannon with their glass. If they could kill shit reliably and had a decent invuln save in their warger they'd be golden.

star phantoms battle company with a 1st company task force heavy on combi-weapon sternguard y/n

Will tanks ever be great again?

the new hull point system and damage table with ap is pretty good, i feel tanks are in a good place. just need to get rid of lance weapons.

>Pink caves

I see you Slaanesh.

>new
>pretty good

You're dumb.

its better than it was, but monstrous creatures are still a complete and total cancer upon this game

>New things are automatically bad
God I hate Veeky Forums sometimes.

1250/1250 Astra Militarum
>HQ
Company Command +Vox-caster

>Troops
Platoon Command +Vox-caster
Infantry Squad +Grenade Launcher, Vox-caster
Infantry Squad +Vox-caster
Heavy Weapons & Primaris (ML2, Divination) +3 Lascannons
Heavy Weapons & Primaris (ML2, Divination) +3 Lascannons
50 Conscripts & Ministorum Priest, Primaris (ML2, Divination)
Veterans +3 Plasma Guns, Vox-caster, Grenadiers

>Heavy Support
Leman Russ Battle Tank
Leman Russ Battle Tank

Good idea or bad idea? Riding on hope that a Primaris gets Misfortune and maybe Forewarning for my Conscripts/Combined Infantry Squad. Doing this to mix things up and not play mech guard vs a friend but I have no experience with foot slogging. Just making a general list with no worry of flyers, only fighting a DE friend that likes to exclusively be shooty with Venoms/Raiders.

new to me, I hadn't played warhammer in several years, and I like it a lot, way less losing important shit on turn 1.

>implying those two have anything to do with each other

Yeah, I hate morons like you too.

Stormsword represent.

Had one of them on a landing pad last game I played with a Psyker constantly giving it prescience. 10" S10 AP1 ignoring cover with rerolls

The hull point change is over 4 years old you dumb faggot.

If you want to take a lot of Psykers, your points are much better spent trying to get a Psykana division formation with 3 commissars.

It's in Mont'Ka/Cadian pdf I believe if you need to find it.

>four years is old
Why are there so many underages here?

Yes, I hate that sort of attitude where new things are incapable of being good, is that too hard for you to believe?

Should be right about when CSM gets updated.

>>four years is not old
i suppose that you also believe forgeworld is not proper 40k, csm deserve to stay shit for their past sins and tau are still a bad army too?

Oh yeah you mad.

>called out for saying stupid shit
>lel u mad

>csm deserve to stay shit for their past sins

i wish i had never started that meme

>csm is shit
>tfw still get utterly destroyed by this 50 year old in my LFGS as IG

Never.

Start praying for female space marines because you're more likely to get them than a new sisters of battle codex or new models.

I'm talking about AV and you start sperging out about Tau and CSM.

Quite simply, you are very, very mad.

Anyone have suggestions as to alternate models for Nurgle Blight Drones?

Last thread someone suggested Plague drones but they are barely 1/3 the size.

I don't mind conversion work thought the idea is to keep build budget below the price of the official FW drones.

How would you reintroduce the Exodite Eldar Knights?

no idea on size but plague drones are about the size of my hand

>oh look, you rolled slightly higher than my armor value. I'll just take this tank off the table cause its as good as dead anyway.
>no that's cool, your MC can continue to deal damage like it's at full health, forcing me to strip off every wound before it finally dies.

Yeah, nah.

And blight drones torso and head assembly are 3 times that of the plague drones.

my beef was with lances, MC's and GC's are definitely broken pieces of shit.

Plague drones are not 1/3rd the size

Theyre almost the same profile, depending on how you array the wings

Also why wouldnt you want to use blight drones? Theyre one of the best models FW makes

>Generate Warp charges on 2+
So instead of rolling 4-5 for a good chance at casting a WC2 I could just use 3-4 for the same power with this formation? I guess I'll keep them all close together for the charges, man that'll help a lot with making units TL which is mostly what I want, but my only concern is the cost.

Removed all but 1 Primaris saved at ML1 for formation. Replaced 1 LRBT with a Wyvern, took away Vox-caster from CCS (can't re-roll orders on HWS because no Vox upgrade option), plasma vets on foot became melta vets and no cheap GLs to fill in spare points so I'm at a clean 1,250. Might have missed something.

Honestly, vehicles should just be MCs. Just give them a vehicle usr that makes them vulnerable to armorbane/haywire and call it a day. This Fucking table is retarded. Having your expensive shit only firing snap shots, and thus losing anything with a blast, just because someone rolled slightly higher than your armor value is hot garbage.

i see, welp guess gotta suck it up and buy official because there isn't anything similar. might be time to make "friends" with some russians or chinese if you're concerned about price

most GC are either terrible or overpriced

that blight drone looks gross and corrosive, nice work

nah I kind of prefer the way you described MC's not suffering for taking wounds. I agree that just having your armour fire snap shots is lame as fuck, but having an MC that lost half its wounds run around like its perfectly fine makes even less sense. maybe they should lose movement speed or something

CSM, Sororitas, Orks, and Tyranids should all be merged into one faction called "Last Chancers"

not sure how the fluff on that would work out though

I hate resin and 41£ per model means the three of them will cost as much as the rest of the army combined

For the Psykana division, they're most effective if you use them for prescience (Primaris Power of Divinity, gives rerolls to hits) or if you have the models: daemonology.

If you combine a rapid fire range lasgun squad with first rank fire, second rank fire and prescience it is absolutely deadly. Especially if that squad has special weapons. That, or nurgling swarms for the super tanky troops that don't cost points. You can technically do both, have all Wyrdvanes on Daemonology and the Primaris on Divinity. Also giving your Russ to-hit rerolls can be pretty good, but its deadly when mixed with a super-heavy if you want to go that route.

If you play higher level games, though, they'll need Chimeras for the safety.

Huh thats relly wierd, spent all week looking for plague and blight drone comparisons but that one never turned up.

Only side by side I ever found was this one.

The second Primarch was a raised in a hippie commune and the eleventh was a conscientious objector. They were completely unsuited to lead Space Marine legions and were thus left to their own devices. The Emperor won't speak of them to avoid embarrassment.

thats not a blight drone, its the carapace from a carnifex

Thanks for the info, mass lasgun and lascannon fire with Prescience sounds right up my alley. I might know someone that may be into Daemonology too so this formation sounds helpful since I don't think they may not know much about it before.

Not sure how high in points or competitive I'll get, for now I'm doing friendly competition with friends and other people I know. This game will definitely be more interesting since it won't just be a bunch of LR Tanks, Chimeras and Wyverns.

Jokes on me I guess, well then all theres left to do is finfing a way of differentiating them from the plague drones.

I've been waffling about what I should have my second army should be for months. I currently have a force of CSM which I seem to just be perpetually working on and adding to.

>Option 1: Inquisitor + Scions
I love scion models, and they seem like they might be fun on the table, but they also feel like they can get screwed over as a core force really easily.

I love inquisitors in the lore, but they seem less fun in the crunch

>option 2: Junker Tau
General premise is tau with peeling paint, rust, grime, exhausts on their mechs, hooks and chains, drones built from space parts, etc. Not haphazard like Orks, but still has the junkyard aesthetic.

This would be a lot of fun hobby wise, which makes it appealing to me. I barely play the game any more, but I love the hobby aspect and enjoy that a lot.

Junker Tau Scions
We guevesa now

Thoughts on my color scheme?

First thought is Angels of Redemption

Yeah I got that. I did use a darker green but people are still going to think Angels of Redemption?

Refreshing lemon-lime taste, zero calories.

Well there are 7 all red marine chapters so its not too bad.
You could reverse the sides i guess, power up the yellow, or use a bluer or brighter green