WARMACHINE AND HORDES GENERAL

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>

Way back in MKI, Legend is told of a Podcast Interview that made PP rage so hard that it made them never agree to one again.

Does anyone have this legendary train-wreck podcast?

>Does anyone have this legendary train-wreck podcast?
No idea what you're talking about and I've been playing this game since Superiority. Maybe you're thinking of an old Focus and Fury cast? Those guys were full of salt and rage and were pretty big dicks.

Only other old school pod cast I cam think of was Guts N Gears and those guys were always super awesome.

>Way back in MKI, Legend is told of a Podcast Interview that made PP rage so hard that it made them never agree to one again.

they just did a chain attack podcast the other day...

That too. They do stuff all the time. I assume OP is just full of shit and is mining for salt or something

probably, I can believe that shithead faghair soles did get all butthurt on a podcast at some point though

He's a cool guy, but is just naturally kind of a.dick. He'd fit in on Veeky Forums really well, he's just like assholes here

>cool guy
>fit in on Veeky Forums really well

>anything but all of the above

Sorry, but the image someone presents to the world says a lot about them, and his hair says "I'm a huge douche all the time".

That one was vetted and prepped for. Jay mentioned it as a condition for the interview.

In that same part Jay also mentions the pidcast existing,but not the episode or name.

I also recall my PG talking about PP not digging a previous podcast. So I am a believer.

Though this could explain why focus and fury had their old podcasts removed.

>I'm a huge douche all the time
Exactly why he'd fit in on Veeky Forums and /wmhg/.

I feel better about dropping obstructors to change eradicators to recips, adding clockwork Angels, then dropping ado to add a galvanizer

On my end, a 2.5 list I'm going to try Wednesday.

Aurora 27
Corollary 6
Diffuser 6
Mitigator 7
Cipher 15
Obstructors 11
Clockwork Angels 5
Eradicators 15
-UA 3
Perfs 18
-UA 3
Optifex Directive 4
Steelsoul 4
Steelsoul 4
ADO 2

Inf Khador aka all Khador lists make me salty
You tech to kill beasts fast and then Khador be like "Did not bring 5 big pizzas with you? Suckerrrr" ans thwy swarm with their bullshit def

Are you even speaking a language?

>want to get into this Warmachine/Hordes
>never played a tabletop game before
>read all the new edition is on back order
>even if it's available I'm impatient as fuck and don't want to wait until the end of the month to get started

Am I just flushing money down the toilet if I buy a starter set of the old edition? I really don't want to wait.

"Infantry based Khador, as in, all Khadoran lists, make me upset. You painstakingly craft your list to dispatch enemy Warbeasts handily, yet the Khadorans retort, "Did you not bring five big pies with you? What a cad!" Which they then compound on by engaging with their codswallop defense."

Apparently a lot of small stores are reporting that they will get their preorders, so you might just have to call a local store or two. The old stuff is alright, but you won't get the new rules or cards so you'd have to get warroom or a deck

"I build my lists to win against everyone forever, and the people I play against actually build to win! How dare they! They should just build lists that my list counters! It's not fair!"

Just because they found how their faction functions, don't feel salty cause you suck with yours.

No, you'll be fine. Those models all work in the new edition, they just don't come with the new rules. The new rules will be available for free download, and you can get war room for the cards, or buy a faction deck. But all the old models are still viable in the new game.

This is the entire reason two-list format is the standard

What faction are you talking about? Not all battleboxes was good in MK2 (in fact, most was bad). And even powerful ones (like Deneghra in Cryx) wasn't good start too.

It would be better to:
1. Select faction
2. Manually construct your first small list (with \tg\ and\or forum help)
3. Buy models for the list

The Retribution Mk II starter is still a good starter for Mk III, Manticore is now solid and cheap and the Griffon and Chimera are great light jacks. Not sure about how the other old boxes will fare though,

60% of the current meta involves some kind of infantry spam, it's not just khador, khador can run jack heavy as well, using an uncommon vocabulary on Veeky Forums doesn't make you sound smart, you sound like a fucktard, why are you not building against infantry if you hate it so much, we have 2 list systems and adr for a reason.

>need any more reasons to explain why you're retarded?

Non-death stars are easy to defeat with normal lists

the cryx old box is good value especially if you are picking it up on the cheap. Thats kinda the way i feel about all of them, my local game store has all of the old battleboxes for 25% off and at that price they are all worth picking up.

Non death stars? Is it still 2012? That shit stop being viable in even the most casual of meta.

It was viable, but it was hardly unbeatable.
Tbh the best thing about the wgi death star was its utility, not its toughness. It was pretty easy to deal with.

Shame they got nerfed into the ground. I don't think they needed to lose bob and weave on top of the iron flesh change

>Khador can run jack heavy
>in Mk2

What's it like being retarded?

That wasn't me, I was translating for user

Is it me or does this thread seem more dead than normal? Mk3 isn't even out yet how can hype have died down this fast

It's 9 am

We already discussed spoilers. We whined about everything spoiled. We even planed some rough lists. Now we are waiting for the full rules.

I'm an insomniac :D, still seems dead tho

> :D
Stop that.

I wish people would post their minis more in these threads.

I'm about to paint the Cyriss box set and want to avoid doing them all like silver necrons. Any ideas? Thinking orange or yellow plating. Do dark or bright Cyriss tend to look betteR?

Both factions I want to get into during the MK3 journeyman league come with 2 terrible lights I'm never gonna use ever. Trollbloods or minions. The Axer is alright at least. Also if Baldur puts down a forest can Barnabus put down a swamp right over it?

You could try going for a very bright, polished gold and ivory look. I've never seen CoC models on the table, but that's how I'd do them.

Kind of like bayonetta angels? I like it.

Well here's my Molik Karn laying into Kreoss2 at our 7 player Steamroller yesterday. Needed an 8 on 3d6 to finish him on the last attack, rolled 5.

You'll be using the Impaler. Not in almost every list like MK2, but that Animus is still very important.

base your shit

Use 2-4 different kinds of metal and a different highlight for each of them.
I'd go with ironbreaker for blades and hydraulics, leadbelcher for structural elements, and runelord brass for boilers, grilles and details.
If you want yellow you can paint the plates gold, cover with brown ink and then with nuln oil. Then highlight the model using the base color, and give it a very light drybrush of a lighter gold color on the edges.

Why impaler over bomber?

what do other threads talk about that is not just theorycraft

basing is overrated

When is PP gonna reveal the LnL model?

was the menoth player running crusaders of sul theme list? I love that shit

It does seem hard to justify taking the Impaler over the Bomber. Duplicating the animus onto the Bomber seems like a weird move on PP's part.

does anybody have any info on new skorne solo that was supossed to buff ranged game? Dakaar I guess?

The new hordes faction

PC differences? Bomber is 16 Impaler is 11. Enough that if you have a battlegroup with other Dires maybe you want to grab a light instead of another heavy.

No, I mean the convention exclusive sculpt.

Man I really wish someone made an easy changelog of all the changes
I hate having to always go remind me of the little things mk3 changed in cards

the only troll warlock i can see wanting far strike and not wanting the bomber as a core part of his army is maddy1 and possibly maddy2, upping rathrok's range is pretty sweet and maddys can get more outta those 5 points.

but locks like grim1and 2 and jarl? They want the dire troll

I've been wanting to do my CoC white Phyrexian style, aka stained white plates with rusty metal and/or bloody joints.

On a good looking table? Base to at least not clash. This isn't rocket science.

Spread cheap superglue across base inset, covering any open slot first.
Dip into craft store colored sand, preferably dark or "white".

If you did this after painting the mini, use a cheap and gloppy dark brown or black paint to "prime" the sand. Otherwise prime it with the rest of the mini.
Apply dark brown to whole sanded base. Keep the beveled ring black but mark the front arc points.
Catch the high points of the sand with a nice grassy green; at this point there is no need to catch it all. The varied green coverage will look more natural.
Done.

Probably this week. They usually don't splash it about until right before.

Or just do what I do
be a lazy shit and cover all bases in that fake grass they sell in bulk

>all grass bases
Ew. Better just leave them blank then.

The Woodland Scenics ground foam?
Vile stuff. Used it for years. Don't any more.

White with red details looks great but it can be really hard to make a white model look good

Is it the same as the GW stuff?
I got one of these half-full for 2 dollars from one guy who quit.

No, that's static grass. It can be good looking if applied right, but that isn't a quick process. If you just glue it down flat it looks like your fights are all in barns or mown fields. To look right it needs to stand up, but covering the entire base that way looks like a cheap toy.

That Space Marine is using both small sand and a little static grass.

So, I hear a lot of people concerned about Cygnar, but outside of eCaine being crazy, not much specifically.

What kind of Cygnar lists are actually scary?

It is not a quick process?
You just pinch some in your fingers and stick it hard on the glue
That can't take long

Haley2 and Haley3 instantly put you in scenarios where you cannot win no matter what you do
If played right that is

I like the coarser-grained fill they sell for basing, since it looks good putting it on after painting.

>Bomber is 16 Impaler is 11
Bomber is 19 points. Blitzer is 16.

Speaking of basing, I'm looking to improve the look of bases for my Circle. I'm planning to pick up a set of Shifting Stones and cut them up to use as broken debris, but not sure what else to use for other bases. Any ideas?

>def 12
For what reason?

The real question is
If Cygnar is still not broken after 2 year timeskip, how the fuck did they pull it off

Pretty much all heavy beasts are DEF 12 or lower. Whats wrong with that?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love DEF 13 Bombers...

Julius took over and rebuffs Khador while injecting new resources into the Laelese resistance.

Ah thanks for correction.

DEF 12 is good though. Banes have DEF 12 and they have always been the most overpowered units in the game.

this is what I'm going to attempt whenever I actually start my circle

So can I not participate in a Journeyman league unless I buy a Mk3 battle box?

Talk to your PG. Most Journeyman leagues will have alternate battle boxes.

It can be hard for a new painter but I think some one who has mastered the concept of primer, bascoat, wash, highlight could easily do it if they took a careful approach.

>Pretty much all heavy beasts are DEF 12 or lower.
Stop. It hurts too much.

Def 14 with arm 15 would of been a solid unit, but fuck khador I guess. Meanwhile trenchers are ridiculous and practically just as tool box.

PAINTING THREAD? Painting thread!

I'm showing all the armies I sold off.

Realistic khador color scheme butcher2, I am going to hate painting the base when I get around to it.

Mmm I love that yellow
Such a clean yellow

what's that rightmost one? It's not a colossal

Nice green. What did you use? Also clean paintjob!

Thanks, there WAS a whole army painted in yellow.

That's an armored core (limited eddition from Armored Core 5)

I find clean yellow to be the hardest color to get right.
It is so easy to ruin

It's easier than you think, if you prime white. Also you should use the p3 yellows. Those arent so "glossy" and are easy to put on!

I do occasionally, but painting has been hard lately. What's everyone else working on?

That depends, is your PG a dick?

Actually painting some infinity. Basicly selling most of my troll stuff, because no one is playing.

>[Return] [Catalog] [Top] 91 / 14 / 49 / 2 [Up
> would of
WOULD HAVE

Does anyone have links for all the leaked cards?

Autism

I started doing that too and then Mk3 got announced and I was like fuck, guess I got work to do

Ugh I cant bring myself to finish it though. I just have to do the canons

your that Trollpainting dude, right? I was lurking your stuff before. Your work looks good!

DO IT!