Portfolio advice

Ok, so I have cashed out 440'000$ from my crypto gains. Still knee deep in crypto at 860'000$. Also I have 157'000$ in stocks.

The question is - what to do now?

I do think of getting rid of alts like DECRED and decreasing my Ethereum position even more for BTC once it falls.

On the other hand, I am planning to transfer about 280'000$ of these crypto gains to conservative stock indices (VTI, VXUS, BND).

The remaining 10% of my portfolio I will use to trade BTC. Right now I have put buy orders for a big BTC dip in total sum of ~130'000$. If it never dips - so what, I have cash on hand that I can invest anywhere else.

Now, any other advice?

What would you do in my situation?

You might remember me as the guy with the autistic portfolio. As you can see I am now adopting a "keep it simple" approach and selling alts, shitcoins and tokens so I can better follow main coin fluctuations.

Pic related, this is most of my net worth right there. Crypto, stocks and cash.

I would preferably multiply this sum by 3x during the following 3-5 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YuJBMVz5DLQ
moneymetals.com/news/2017/11/15/silver-miner-production-decline-001269
miningglobal.com/operations/silver-production-declines-first-time-15-years
tauchain.org/tauchain.pdf
siemens.com/press/index.php?referencenumber=PR2016110080EMEN&ved=0ahUKEwipoODHy_DXAhUhUt8KHehAB4sQFgiAATAI&usg=AOvVaw1601sQlpLc7djeLMnrguWt
m.siemens.com/en/press/pressreleases/pressrelease.php?detail=http://www.siemens.com/press/en/pressrelease/2016/energymanagement/pr2016110080emen.htm?content[]=EM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sell everything and retire

Sitting on way too much cash brethren. Stocks are overheated put 250k in crypto for another year. Can afford to diversify a little (~50k) into micro-cap alts with large potential just don't get too crazy. If you pick well it will at the very least outperform your stocks and at most present you with a nice chunk of returns. Don't all have to be winners just need a couple.

That would be stupid. What is the point of "retiring"? I like managing portfolio and I have enough money to live comfortably.

I want to multiply this in the future

>asking for advice from people that don't even have 1% of your net worth
>you truly are autistic

>Sitting on way too much cash brethren.

Yes, this is just for a short while. I just sold a portion of crypto and am planning to buy into stocks for about 300'000$ in January.

Then I will leave 10% of total portfolio in cash to trade and take advantage of opportunities.

>Can afford to diversify a little (~50k) into micro-cap alts with large potential just don't get too crazy.

I already played that game and it was a hassle. Alts are a huge gamble and I don't have time to follow them all. Besides, there are no futures or ETFs coming for alts and they have no floor in comparison to bitcoin.

I will put everything in neo and retire on gas.

why not diversify into property?

while you're still here, OP
with how much did you start and how did you get where you are?

>with how much did you start and how did you get where you are?

I started with 15'000 euros.

I bought Bitcoin in 2013 and I bought Ethereum when it was under 10$.

The rest is history.

I will stil hodl crypto for future, but I might eventually reduce the percentage. I reduced it from 80% to 60% and now planning to reduce it slowly to 50%. Maybe even lower as I get older.

I'm in exactly the same situation with the same numbers almost.

I will keep away from standard stuff. I liked crypto in part for the sound money aspect and cap on inflation. I think I'm going to go back to precious metals.
Already baught 50k worth of rodium, 50k platinum and will now probably spread out 100k of buys into silver.

It seems to be the only asset not in a bubble.
Stocks: bubble
Bonds: bubble
Housing: bubble
Crypto: bubble

Central bank printing has inflated all these bubbles. But money flows continuously and its about to flow in metals imo. What's the downside on silver really? What's the upside? For me its clear.

All-in on satoshis vision ofc lol

2018 will be alt season, you have to be a moron to sell.now.
At worst, put it in Monero, a coin guaranteed to grow.

Buy xmr with decred fund.

Get yourself 50-100k LINK as a lottery ticket. user you must know by now this thing is the Real Deal.

>I think I'm going to go back to precious metals.

Oh no, man. Don't do this. Goldbugs will convert to butters in the following years. The precious metals are no income producing assets and Bitcoin is much better than gold.

If you do convert crypto to something else, I am certain it has to be stocks. Preferably selling Bitcoin high and buying global world stock dip. Hard to time though.

WB on gold:
youtube.com/watch?v=YuJBMVz5DLQ

>Stocks: bubble

It isn't really. It's just that USD is getting worth less and less. Even if you think stocks are in a bubble, you can always dollar cost average. At least stocks are income producing assets. Indexing is the way to go long term.

Housing - depends on location.

Bonds - not sure why it's a bubble. My BND index doesn't even grow during these last 2 years.

>made over a mill in crypto
you really think he's going buy link

>Stocks: bubble
>Bonds: bubble
>Housing: bubble
>Crypto: bubble

Yes, I think that it is not that these things are a bubble, but more that USD is just getting worth less and less, no?

I see.
Well at this point there's almost 0% chance you'll be poor again, but have you considered to investk like 50k in stuff like ARK, NEO, ODN or some other shitcoin that pays dividends? Basically as a hedge in the unlinkely scenario that BTC gets BTFO by wall street manipulation and shorting and normies migrate to alts.

Monero is a good coin, but it has niche usage mostly among criminals and shady people, does not have good marketing and can't scale.

I don't see why norms would ever adopt an immigrant sounding coin.

Why LINK? LINK is just copycat ETH coin. Another shit copycat project with no substance, no devs, no nothing

The 95% of /biz doesnt own 10% of what you have and you ask for advices to those retards?
Who do you think you are talking to? Financial advisors?

How did you cash out on crypto. I have coinbase with a little bitcoin in it and I can't. Should I switch to another wallet?

>2018 will be alt season, you have to be a moron to sell.now.

Everyone expects this and this is the exact reason why it most likely won't happen (priced in).

Think about it - what will Wall Street buy? LISK or Bitcoin? Yeah, exactly.

> you have to be a moron to sell.now.

I don't really plan on selling much of crypto anymore. I think I can live with 60% in crypto right now.

All in zencash. I did that with 19 BTC I'm sure I'm gonna make it

>Everyone expects this and this is the exact reason why it most likely won't happen (priced in).

>Everyone
Most normies don't even know about alts
But do what you want, it is your money.

My plans are getting about 500-600k after tax and get around 50-80k€ a year, so I can live comfortably. In my country that's over the "wealthy" limit so I'm good.
In your case I would increase in more reliable stocks and funds than more unstable cryptos, unless you want to be stinking rich and get millions and millions

DCR is still an excellent hold.
If You compare it to other cryptos which have worse Features (Dash,XMR)
DCR still has a lot more gains to offer

>Self-fulfilling prophecy

> but have you considered to investk like 50k in stuff like ARK, NEO, ODN or some other shitcoin that pays dividends?

If you saw my previous threads you'd see that I had both Ark and NEO. I thought the same way you do, but now I see it differently.

First of all - Bitcoin does pay dividends, 2018 will be year of the forks.

Secondly - those "dividends" from alts pale in comparison to gains to be had from Bitcoin with Wall Street and normgroid money coming in.

You might feel like you are earning something with NEO "gas", but it is way more unstable compared to main coins. One day it can just drop heavily or Bitcoin might rise 4x rendering all your "GAS gain dividends" inferior.

Airdrops on ETH give "dividends" as well btw.

>WB on gold:
No offense but do you honestly think you can trust the advice of anyone super successful in stocks or similar? Why would they give their secrets away.
Their advice is always really basic shit that anyone who takes a DAY to investigate would learn but sounds profound to the completely ignorant.
I just don't see why they'd give away any tips that would actually turn you into them.

>In your case I would increase in more reliable stocks and funds than more unstable cryptos

Yes, that is why I plan to transfer ~300'000$ to conservative stock/bond indices (VTI, VXUS, BND). Keep 10% in cash for crypto trading. If I fail a trade, I will transfer that money to stocks as well or use it for other projects.

That's a solid portfolio. Those are the exact 5 coins that I'm holding long term. I'd allocate a little more to XMR. Keep the Decred, it's one of the best coins around and I expect it to reach a market cap of several billion in 2018. It's also one that is pretty certain to survive through a crash, because it's price is based more on fundamentals than hype. Good staking returns too.

but he is still right about gold being a non-income producing asset

where are you from? would fuck

>he cashed out

dude

Don't want to be left standing when the music stops. Also, "cashed out" is relative. Look at the percentage in crypto. About 60%. That is very extreme. Before "cashing out" it was about 80%. No regrets

Now THIS is how you invest!

Congratulations user, you seem to have it all figured out.

I would say to not be so exposed to bitcoin and maybe increase your ETH stack and consider getting LTC as well, but what do I know?

Be careful and good luck!

>owns link
Boner gone

Mine's gone up

Throw it all at IOTA.

FOMO into a centralised, untested, unstable, premined memecoin with a shit wallet?

Yeah, I think I will pass on that senpai

>Bonds
Bond market is curious.
But the yield reached an all time low in 2012 and again in 2016 at 1,5.
That's crazy. What is even more crazy is that portugueze bond yields are just as low! A couple of years ago they were junk.

>Stocks
These are the largest stocks by market cap:
Apple
Alphabet
Microsoft
Amazon
Tencent
Facebook
Alibaba

5 provide online services, one provides software, one provides a luxury hardware item that hasnt seen real innovation in 5 years. Apple is going the way of blackberry and facebook the way of myspace (do google trend for facebook and myspace) and they will take the market down.

>Silver
$16,3 now
All time low 6$ (inflation adjusted)
All time high 160$ (inflation adjusted)
(Using disputed official inflation rates)
Production going down after a decade and a half of rapid (3-4% yoy) growth.
Decline in 2017: moneymetals.com/news/2017/11/15/silver-miner-production-decline-001269

Decline in 2016:
miningglobal.com/operations/silver-production-declines-first-time-15-years

>I would say to not be so exposed to bitcoin and maybe increase your ETH stack and consider getting LTC as well, but what do I know?

ETH is tricky. At one point I had 1350 ETH, but sold a lot of it for Bitcoin and USD as it went up.

Thing is, ETH is kind of tricky. On one hand it has all of these possibilities, on the other hand it might not even be a good thing. Scaling is still under question, transfer to PoS might be risky, cryptokitties are bloating the chain, people are losing money left and right. Smart contracts are a meme, because even the parity multi sig wallet coded by a top programmer got hacked and made people lose 250M+. ICOs are a ponzi shit show and the ICO creators regularly cash out. Future price predictions based on algorithmic probabilities are much lower than those of Bitcoin. Ethereum also has a larger attack surface. Oracle problem isn't solved and probably can't be solved.

So far the best use case for Ethereum is cryptokitties and even those kill the network.

I am still keeping ~20% in it though.

>LTC

What is the point though? It is just a copycat coin. Ok, maybe it has "first copycat coin" mover advantage, but seriously - what unique advantages does it offer? It is only cheaper to transact, because nobody uses it.

IMO 2018 will be the year of the Bitcoin forks and norms will flow into Bitcoin via ETFs eventually and believe in the brand name. Bitcoin is like Coca Cola. Eth is like Pepsi...maybe. Bitcoin offers "free money" (not really free, but norms don't realise that) via forks.

Easier to create a fork and give people "free coins" than to organise an ICO.

We will be seeing more and more Bitcoin forks.

Still keeping some Bitcoin Cash just in case the shit hits the fan and a black swan appears.

>5 provide online services, one provides software, one provides a luxury hardware item that hasnt seen real innovation in 5 years. Apple is going the way of blackberry and facebook the way of myspace (do google trend for facebook and myspace) and they will take the market down.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If you invest in indices, you invest in market as a whole. If something takes Apple's or Facebook's market share it will most likely be a publicly traded company. So it will still be included in your portfolio, so the overall market cap does not change. As long as you own the whole market, you should be good. Again, it will crash and fluctuate, yes, but I'm saving up for my pension here and am investing in stocks with view of 3 or more decades.

>Silver

Again, all the same properties that to gold apply. Not an income producing asset. Mostly based on greater fool theory. Same as crypto. Except crypto is a new asset and gold/silver bugs will flee to it once they realise it is Gold2.0. Then I will sell them my bags and buy undervalued stock index during the next great market crash and crypto bubble.

I'm partly doing this in January, putting 300'000$ into stocks.

The long term goal is to time the crypto bubble / stock crash as good as I can and buy cheap indices as the normies FOMO into crypto due to greater fool mentality.

>nobody uses it
You must be confusing it with similarly valued Dash or Bitcoin Gold.

Litecoin has quite a following and seems primed to take up any excess traffic now that the bitcoin and ethereum networks are congested. It's really undervalued imo. Charlie Lee never wanted it to be #1 per se but to grow in harmony with bitcoin overtaking its network load. That's exactly what is slowly happening.
This growth in transactions will start reflect itself in its price.

Are you willing to risk $2k? If so, give me a mail, and we will talk.

go home pajeet

Just keep holding and be patient.
Any move you make will be the wrong move otherwise.

Op, if you are not larping, I have an interesting proposition to make.

I believe I have found one of the most interesting projects in the crypto space.
It has never been mentioned on biz before, the token sale has not started yet and it is only starting to get attention now.

All I am going to say is that the company is working on microgrids using blockchain technology. The company is well established in the market (5+ years). Successful funding has already been occurred for millions of dollars.

There is a partership already in place with a big energy company worth over $100B.

I have done a lot of research about this company and their project and I truly believe this is going to very, very big.

I am willing to share all my information and reserach with you for a small commision.

My throwaway email is:
[email protected]

We can talk on telegram if you are interested, send me an email.

Not an income producing asset.
Thats true and i do agree with you on that and you shouldnt get stuck in it for most of your life. Or you should see it as money and not an alternative to stocks. They all say always keep some cash in your portfolio, well I'd say always keep some gold.

Anyway the dow went up 5% a year between 1929 and 1999 extrapolating would mean that the s&p could be worth 3600 today. Extrapolating the 1932 low though would give only 350 or so for the S&P so risk reward wise i think S&P is too risky here. Also know that between 1929 and 1999 we had faster population growth AND women entering the workforce. It's quite a stretch to think that we'll be able to maintain this level of exuberrance.

So you've been in cryptos for 5 years and you need a line in your spreadsheet to remind you that ETH is an ICO platform and BCH is satoshi's vision wtf ?

And you're here asking people that have around 15k spread into 10 alts for advice ?
Do you realise it's mostly gambling ?

This really looks like what a poorfag would imagine what rich people do, having excel with % of their diversification goals etc.
You're either autistic AND dumb, or just a larper, I guess the second.

Buy more xmr ffs

don't tell me you think BTC is still in line with satoshi's vision?

Make your position bigger on XMR

unlike your shitcoin

Buy a lambo.

I'm too poor for a lambo.

You don't buy a lambo with 1.5M, you buy a lambo with 15M.

So I still have a way to go for a Lambo.

I have my eye on Urus.

Yes, sure. You can write your offer here.

>So you've been in cryptos for 5 years and you need a line in your spreadsheet to remind you that ETH is an ICO platform and BCH is satoshi's vision wtf ?

I made that line for you actually. I know all of that stuff. Satoshis vision is just a joke.

>Do you realise it's mostly gambling ?

Yes.

>You're either autistic AND dumb, or just a larper, I guess the second.

I have been posting for a long while, no larp.

Why tho? If someone needs to use Monero privacy features he can convert at any time. Monero is a good coin, but will never have mainstream adoption.

I might buy a bit tho.

Obvious retard is obvious.

50k link is 10k. Can't spare 10k on the next potential 1000x coin?

I am not writing about the project on this website man, you know what happens when it gets exposed to biz. I actually gave you a pretty good description already.

send money plx
1JPs6DrmFMruAhDENEJfu4RsdWwt47fFS3

Invest enough to start up a DASH master node this way you will have a passive income flow that pays off after the first year.

What program did you use for this?

ahahah absolute state of biz

>4765385 (You)
>Yes, sure. You can write your offer here.
I've been talking about it here, but people is reticent or don't believe me. You can do this without me, and I am sure that you will do it, but I have nothing to lose, so...

I've been investigating a coin called "Agoras", which is part of a project called Tau-Chain. The project is basically (but not only) a worldwide database that will contain all digitized human knowledge, sorted under semantic references (forgive me, english is not my main language). The coin will be used to fuel this project,

In fact, the old whitepaper can explain it better (a new one is about to be released):
tauchain.org/tauchain.pdf

In a few days the price of Agoras (AGRS) will drop again, because somebody pumped it for no reason. But in a month (or so) the creator of this project (Ohad Asor) will release the alpha code, as well as more documentation. The price will moon. After that, it is just a matter of time and adoption, but the uses are unlimited; creating software without programming, perfect real-time translations, asking questions that will be answered in the moment... The true potential of the Blockchain.

I am not greedy. All I want is a small amount of money (in exchange of the info) to invest in this coin (as a poorfag I can research, but not invest). I am sure that in a few years it will worth millions (especially with jewish names behind the project).

I see same pump and dump patterns on all coins older than 1 year.
Just whales with their bots accumulating and selling half to make a profit on increased prices.
Aggressive motherfukers
If you ever catch them on actions....
Glorious bot programming. Holy shit what they can achieve.

Took literally one Google search, have it for free and don't pay this slime ball a commission
>siemens.com/press/index.php?referencenumber=PR2016110080EMEN&ved=0ahUKEwipoODHy_DXAhUhUt8KHehAB4sQFgiAATAI&usg=AOvVaw1601sQlpLc7djeLMnrguWt

Siemens and LO3 are partnering to use block chain technology to sell surplus solar energy between private individuals

Well shit that link is broke as fuck
>m.siemens.com/en/press/pressreleases/pressrelease.php?detail=http://www.siemens.com/press/en/pressrelease/2016/energymanagement/pr2016110080emen.htm?content[]=EM

If that one doesn't work, then just Google Siemens and LO3 Energy, or "microgrids using block chain technology"

Answer the question

Are you retarded? Excel

Excel, why?

The code and further documentation will be released soon. Until now it has been a pump/dump territory. But now we will have real stuff.

Not him, but it looks like Excel for Mac.

Thank you. I have mac and i dont like the progam on it. I also dont like blockfolio.

They claim that their token is named XRG.
Google it - Monero Gold (XRG)
waaaat?

>50k link is 10k. Can't spare 10k on the next potential 1000x coin?

Why would it go 1000x?

> you know what happens when it gets exposed to biz

What? It goes up

Google Sheets

Oh yeah, I heard about Tau Chain actually. Isn't it Vaporware?

It gets pumped and dumped, I have found a gem and don't want it to be known

>Oh yeah, I heard about Tau Chain actually. Isn't it Vaporware?
No. It is just a project that didn't even started. The vanguard of the non-monetary Blockchain utility. The creator is working hard every day in order to provide a good code. If I recall correctly, Ohad Asor went to university at 13, he's not stupid.

If I had that much money, I'd stick it all in bond mutals fund, muni bond mutual funds, and high yield savings/cds and enjoy collecting my 30k to 60k per year in interest/dividends, depending on rates. That's just me. I can stretch a little bit of money really far.

I'm gonna expose it to Veeky Forums and reddit, I hope you've already accumulated cause here comes the pump on LO3 Energy

Personally, my plan is to go 40% crypto, 30% stocks, 20% bonds, and 10% cash. Rebalance that every year to cut down on taxes. I'm still a ways from that as I've only got like 46k across my investments and will be more of a stickler when I'm less worried about increasing my wealth and more worried about preserving it. With crypto being super volatile and uncertain at the moment, I'd be hesitatant to put more than 40% in it just because it could go POOF one night.

>Right now I have put buy orders for a big BTC dip in total sum of ~130'000$.

What BTC price are those set at? I'm waiting to buy the dip and you seem to have better knowledge/luck than most.

I remember you OP, nice gains. Wondering why you sold XRP.

When you say you cashed out do you mean the money is still on the exchange or the money is in your bank account?

It’s too late to start investing into BTC huh? I’m hesitant to buy LTC....

What should I use to exchange? I have Coinbase but I’ve been reading about how they’re getting audited.

>I remember you OP, nice gains. Wondering why you sold XRP.

I never held XRP.

XRP is a centralised shitcoin, that is not even a blockchain, but just marketed as such to get money. The project was started in 2003 and was never intended to be a blockchain and crypto, they just twisted it because they saw easy money. It is a bankers coin for B2B transactions, centralised and controlled by a single company.

>It’s too late to start investing into BTC huh? I’m hesitant to buy LTC....

It is way too late to get into cryptos now. Train has left the station.

>Personally, my plan is to go 40% crypto, 30% stocks, 20% bonds, and 10% cash.Rebalance that every year to cut down on taxes

Good plan. I should probably cut down to 40-50% of crypto as well.

What are u planning to do with ur bch? I have the same amount as you but way less btc lmao

But those are arbitrary percentage points that would do less for your ""portfolio"" than they do to soothe your autism.

Use coinbase, make all transactions under 10k.

It's not too late.

Look up structuring. Retard.

Just eat the taxes, better to be a bit poorer than rich and in jail.

renounce citizenship, go to tax haven, cash out.

Hey OP,

I'm in a similar position. I took over my great grandmother's accounts last year and am managing the family's assets.

Definitely sell Etherium. Take your gains on that and put the money right back into btc. Diversification is cool but ETH isn't diverse- it's tethered to BTC's value because they're traded together.

Where did you set the buy at? I would buy ASAP- at 10600 or so. It will climb again, closer to 20k this time, and never come back down. Don't lose 500% gains waiting for a 10% dip.

Do not touch alts unless you're willing to spend hundreds of hours researching.

>I will put everything in neo and be homeless
Go ahead, user.

As for what you should do? I love businesses. They're fun, something to occupy yourself with, can be made as passive as you like once they're established, and bring a lot of money in. There are a lot of ways to screw up a business too, and 95% of them fail within a year because it's very hard to take all the relevant factors into account. Invest in a copy of Thinking Fast and Slow, as well as a copy of the lesser known Emprint Method. They're great texts that helped me develop my decision making skills and recreate the successes of others. I personally like real estate.

>renounce citizenship, go to tax haven, cash out.

I will start considering it once my net worth exceed ~7M$.

Right now I still feel like I'm in the game and haven't "made it yet".

Not everyone lives in shitty USA, land of the free lol

sorry for your grandmother.

Get into ADA! Cardano is a long-term moon mission

vanguard index funds, withdraw 2%, no more.

find the the hobbies you love in life and dedicate yourself to them and your happiness. soon you will find a drive to help others and your community and soon enough you will be making money from your passion.

most likely you will never have to touch that money again and shouldn't.

You achieved what 99.9% of people can only dream of at an early age which is financial independence. Having that in 2017 affords you a lifestyle that was not available to kings and queens just 50 years ago.

enjoy, do good, feel good, exercise, love and don't forget to help others.

personally i have 500k and have been wagecucking for 10 years. I still have a while to go and no guts to invest in crypto.

I guess that you're not interested in , right?