/rgt/ - Robinhood General

Bank of America to the fucking mooooooooooooooooooon edition!

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Intro to Stocks
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/stock-and-bonds

Previous thread

Earnings this week

Is it too late for me to get in on RIOT?

Riot is kind of a scam company. They used to be a shitty penny stock biotech company that rebranded to ride Bitcoin's coattails.

It could possibly get pumped more but really risky to hold for a long time

I bought some Aetna stock to try to get some of that CVS buyout money

How fucked am I?

If you sell shares on robinhood are the funds immediately available to buy other shares with?

>be nocoiner
>lowkeyjealousofcryptogains.exe
>throw $100 into some random bitcoin OTC stock in February at $0.01.
>Sold at $.43 last week (BTSC)
Feels good

First

Aetna shareholders will receive approximately $207 per share, $145 per share in cash and 0.8378 CVS shares for each share of Aetna

Not until order is filled. Need buyers to sell a stock. But after that, yes, your account is credited

Reminder to buy $ATRS during dip, hold until February PDUFA.

>$SQ
>$AMAT

I bought some of the SQ dip on Friday. Feeling good about today so far

Senate passed their version of Tax reform. It's possible that a sharp initial decline happen in the Dow on open, so be prepared for that. I'm hopeful, yet doubtful, that it'll immediately spike up on open.

why would you think that? dow futures are almost up 1% lol

Larger market movers will sometimes spike prices down (using their volume clout) to trigger stops. This creates the downward pressure and volatility to allow to for a better entry (and for people to involuntarily sell-off their holdings) before they drive prices higher.

Veeky Forumsnessmen any good Dow Jones stocks to get into before todays Pump :)

None of them
XXII
DXTR
DXR
DRYS
MOOOOOOOOOOOON

get BAC B warrants

t.bagholder

fake news.

Bank stocks - JP Morgan/BankofBuffet
JDST could also be a good play, assuming the dollar index continues upward (causing the precious metals to move downward) as peoples' expectations of further rate hikes are growing, due to tax reform progress.

I bought a couple shares of sq just for fun. Idk if this is a long term buy or just to see how it does for the week.

BGFV short from the other day here, I had my buy to cover limit order set at $6.95 on Friday and the share price touched it twice but my order didn't fill. I'm still sitting on 1000 BGFV shares that I shorted at $7.60 Thursday.

BGFV has had a huge jump in premarket and there are some fairly hefty orders so it looks like I'm about to get fucked on that trade today. I should've dumped the shares for several hundred dollars profit when it was apparent that the price was done falling on Friday instead of holding through the weekend hoping that it would go lower. Oh well, live and learn.

Be careful with JDST though. gold seems to be showing signs of strength. Likely due to some economic data about to be released which will impact the dollar index.

Any thoughts on etp?

To the user who was scrambling to buy XIV when it hit 104 last Friday

Thanks

sucks user

Recommend me stable non-tech stocks to hold out in. I need to diversify.

Yeah, I'm hoping that it'll hit a point today where I can at least get out of the trade without losing any money. We'll see though.

DRYS, SNAP, AMRS, BGFV

Banking / finance stocks are doing good right now and will be golden if "tax reform" gets passed.

Visa, Mastercard, Bank of America, JP Morgan

Can you explain warrants to me? Robinhood says it doesn't support them?

you got lucky the whole flynn thing happend on Friday, the whole market was down. You are a fool to short a stock with 60% short interest that close to the 52 week low

RH removed it because retards thought they were stocks.
Warrants allow a stock to be purchased at a price if they meet that price by a certain date. They generate profits, but help prevent dilution consequences.

Seems I was right (for now). Will have to wait and see what happens now.

This. My BAC and JPM have been doing great.

I think tech is going to get really fucked with in 2018 in the "techlash" as they are calling it. When there is a name for it, you know it is bad.

NAK NEWS WHEN

Thanks m8

Nah, it was tanking before the flynn thing even happened. It was going to drop hard the day after the ex-dividend date because it ran hard the couple of days leading up to the ex-dividend date. I still think it'll revisit the low $7's before long, might just hold the short position until then.

Never it was a pump and dump

>news in sept guys!
>nvm lol oct
>f-fourth quarter we'll announce...h-honest

ok buddy.

The fucking country of AMD

AMD below 10.60 it is fucking over now. Back to single digits. Nothing stopping it now

F

people are still holding that? lol

I'm considering buying if it drops below $10

MRNS breakout this week, if not today.

how is going?

Is it going to skyroket today?

>AMAT
Why am i still holding this

These fucking warrants, feels good man.

BAC class B has a strike price of 30.79, the closer it gets, the higher the warrant price. If the warrant hit's it's strike price or expiration day Oct. 28, 2018. The warrant will be converted to cash (if less than 100 warrant shares) or common stock if the minimum is held.

$BPMX gonna get pumped sell at .25

Why does Goldman hate AMD so much? This seems personal at this point

I'm wrong, didn't call a ranging market, which is what this seems to be turning into. Will just have to wait to see which direction a breakout occurs.

Wouldn't fix their computers, eternal hatred. lel

they ran out of shares to sell so they want to bring it down to accumulate, once they accumulate they'll pump it back up again

and how is this tax reform helping Fedex? It has been growing crazy the last few days.

Corporate tax rate is coming down, whole bunch of businesses will be impacted by that, I couldn't tell you how Fedex would be specifically impacted, right now.

tax reform was already priced in for everything

ayymd lmao

*proposed to come down

Tell that to the bulls maintaining support in the Dow futures/stocks.

Thank you!! You're a hero for posting these often

well now that it passed confidence in the economy will grow so it's time to buy you know

When the FUCK is robinhood coming to Australia. I've been on the waiting list for years.

Thats not how it works

Your warrants give you the right to buy BAC at $30.79.

AMD is about to be BTFO with a hundred thousand stop loss triggers

drumpphhhhhh

Dow upside breakout.

I NEED A ROPE ON MY DESK ASAP

RIP

Not sure if I want to buy today

mission accomplished

If you have the minimum amount of warrants yes, if you don't have at least 100, then you get cashed out.

All of tech is getting raped, my CY and PYPL is getting rekt'd

Buy Aerovironment!! They have drones and contracts with the US military meaning $$$$ as well as other ventures. You will be pleasantly surprised

why did you buy it dude? Goldman sachs did say price target 10.40 last week

ITS FUCKING OVER THE DREAM IS FUCKING OVER

My BAC B gains are being unironically fucking erased by SQ

Isn't AMD worth a buy under $10?

Who has that AMD Minas Tirith meme?

Great time to buy

>AMD bagholders

>he bought shares of American Micro Dicks instead of $NVDA

Is it? It's still going lower

WTF NASDAQ

YOOOOOOOOO $9!!!

The madmen at goldman fucking did it!

all of this AMD bashing in here makes me feel as if there is an organized chat room coming in here trying to get everyone to dump their AMD, yet most people in here no longer have it and haven't talked about it for awhile......

What the fuck is happening to MU???

Should I just cut my losses on AMD? I'm in at 11.32 or something.

Or it could be that AND is just a meme stock :^)

AMD BTFO

Theres no bottom

the same thing that is happening to the NASDAQ in general? It's being shorted for two weeks now?

What's the hell is wrong with these edits?

it is just a meme stock, and nobody in here has been talking about it lately.. just makes me wonder how this huge wave of people came in at once talking about it..

Forgot my sarcasm Reddit /s

Basically wait it out do some research and if you're into it, swing trade this stock by a couple of dollars (could take a month or two) price is volatile so keep your eyes peeled. Don't forget AMD is meme central and not a pick that you would use for building a retirement nest so swing trade or day trade only on this one

Source: I work at an investment firm and I know things

AHHHHHH

MU
SQ
SHOP

RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE