Warhammer 40k General

Secret Club General Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

What army can take the most power/force weapons?

Bonus points if it's actually viable on the table for that army to do so.

first for the greater good

Well Grey Knights of course. Every model basically sports some kind of force weapon.

Carry on, brother

>me'lee

Do you kiss your state-assigned breeding partner with that mouth?

Anyone know where I can find a copy of Blood and Fire?

Also any good Khorne books worth reading?

no because I'm an earth caste, we are on a tight schedule and are not allowed foreplay

Second for the Sons of the Angel

grey knights have force weapons on every infantry unit.

But I thought they only actually take a handful of models?

I expected the answer to be some IG squad that can take them cheap, or something.

I don't really understand the point of recasts outside of Forgeworld items.

A Leman Russ is $50
A recast is $25
Most places, one can get a Leman Russ for at least 20% off.

Same thing with non-vehicles as well.

Who is so Jewish that they would rather spend 8 years longer fucking with resin, realigning warps, filling imperfections, and so on than buying from a store that does 20% off or buying online for similar?

Who's the target demographic for non FW items is what I'm basically asking?

What stores you talkin bout m8?

third for Brits in Space

2 reasons:
- recast shipment is generally lower than stores
- recasters declare way lower for customs, so you don't have to pay taxes over its real cost.

Not that guy, but every nonGW store that sells GW products has at least a 15% discount on them
At least all the ones in the SEC

I agree.

GW recasts are acceptable only for special characters and other blisters like the Lictor, because they cost far too much for what is fair.

He looks like he'd enjoy a good cuppa.

>- recast shipment is generally lower than stores
>- recasters declare way lower for customs, so you don't have to pay taxes over its real cost.

So... the target market is Australians? Who pays for shipping these days?

Brazilians as well.

Are there still people buying GW stuff? They won´t get a penny out of my well-earned money.

The 7th edition rulebook is fucking wank though. How many people with Flamers have no idea about Wall of Death, I wonder? It certainly isn't under Overwatch.

Might be missed so repeating it because muh new fred.

I just bought three fliers for $60, one that normally costs $75 + shipping if you buy GW Direct.

Even if I bought from some store for 20% less I would still be paying over 200% what I just paid.

Although some recasters have their problems and there isnt any real customer support it is still much cheaper. Every model besides one Landspeeder that had an easily fixed bubble have been spot on for accuracy. The only real difference is they are a bit more fragile and a tad bit heavier.

Sure I make decent money and I love 40k, the majority of my models ARE real GW model, at least 80% per army, if not more. However I also have goals that are much more important than fielding a pure plastic army like buying a house next year or making more money.

They made no fucking sense. Their Lasgun variant was single shot bollocks because "muh Zulu Wars :((" and was fluffed for "not wasting power and for increased accuracy", which is a legit reason why the Brits remained bolt-action in WW2 for their rifles. Trained to fire 20 a min, accurately. The rifles in WW2 were all very good, bar the Japanese ones and meme country ones.

Got any danke links?

Here in the US my LGS sells at a 10% discount up to 15% on named characters and a Buy two Get one Half off for Citadel Paints (not washes though)

My FLGS is flat 20% off all models. It's a hybrid MtG/40k shop, and I suspect their rent is dirt cheap, so maybe they don't need the margin as much.

>LGS
>discount

is your LGS a GW store? if so im calling bullshit

You know why they can only take a handful of models? It's because they all cost a bunch of points for being psykers with force weapons

I just want lots of glowy swords, though. I don't need them to be force weapons wielded by psykers, if that's not the way to spam the highest number.

My not-that-local store (but the closest non-GW) is 20% off in store, 25% off online, but they don't do free shipping unless you're buying like a whole army's worth so the online thing is kind of a trap.

Play Khorne. Basic troops with glowy power swords for pretty cheap.

What?

No it is a game store.

ah k, normally when people say LGS they refer to a GW i find

in that case its common for resellers to offer a discount, element games and wayland games for the UK do 20% discounts

For Sanguinius!

You could spam aspect hosts (formation of 3 squads of aspect warriors) consisting on nothing but howling banshees - at 13 ppm they're cheaper than grey knights. But, that's kind of a joke army, while grey knights are a proper force (nopunintended).

When people mean GW they usually say GW, LGS is everything but GW.

Ah yes the Heretical Winged Mutants, too bad you arent as pure as the Better Angels.

Xenos here. I have never fought vs Ultramarines. What chapter tactics should I be aware off?

LGS means local game store, what if his local is GW?

That is my interpretation as well.

>What Doctrine should I be aware off?

Of all them, especially the tactical doctrine as he may call it 3+ times.

If he has a Conclave or even just Tigerus with a load of Grav Cents hold onto your shorts.

You mean the angels who are running around 10,000 years later hunting down their heretical kin?

Then it's a GW.

GW has an international identity, a knows entity whereas LGS's usually cover "Larry's Lair" "The comic-castle" and whatever else they call it, small independent or minor chains unlikely to be know out of town, much less state or even country.

You're thinking of FLGS.

Omit the F, and I, too, think GW.

I never met a person who doesnt know about Wall of Death. You basically cant miss it if you read about how Templates work.

W-we will just w-wait for our Primarchs to settle this!

Yeah, but this particular tidbit is logically placed.

They don't need to be Friendly to be Local Game Stores.

Sorry our primarch died putting a break into the arch traitors armour and helping the emperor kill him.

>Who's the target demographic for non FW items is what I'm basically asking?
Poorfags who really shouldn't be spending their money on this but want to anyways. Same group of people who think 40k is actually an expensive hobby.

Whenever I think of dark angels players I think of tryhard ravenwing kiddos (like the purple/yellow ravenwing guy that posts here all the time and who's probably here now) or super new kiddos that just got into the game because they bought half the dark vengeance pack and think they are the shitz now and have to defend their primarch and chapter's honor.

I tend to think lower of space wolves and dark angels players than other marine players.

I just got back from a great weekend of gaming, where I played several games with Ork-bro, using the Space 0Din Fandex. To put it short, the fandex has completely renewed both of our interest in actually playing 40k and having fun, since he now has an actual fighting chance against me.

Now 'orkanauts actually go toe to toe with dreadnoughts, and Nobz are a thing I fear getting in melee with. Melee combat is quick and deadly, with a sort of push and pull where he charges and my shit dies, and I counter-charge and his shit dies.

Massed-lootas in battlewagons are now the scariest shit in the world, especially on turn 2 when he calls a WAAAGH!, as they just vaporize everything they point at by sheer walls of boolitz.

It's now a fair fight finally. My only beef with it is now we suffer the problem of Superheavies in casual games, as the 'Orkanauts are just as tough to deal with as knights, and are just as killy.

Anytime someone mentions Blood Angels or Sanguinius, some tard waves his dick and says Dark Angels are better. I never see the BA guys do this though. Im beginning to think DA fans have an inferiority complex.

Yeah, I don't know why these "my dad could beat up your dad" posts even happen beyond dudes trolling.

You mean died because the Emperor was being a fucking pussy and didn't want to bitch slap some sense into his favorite son. And even then he didn't kill Horus immediately but instead needed to have a fucking Guardsman protect his ass (other versions of the story are non-canonical bullshit spread by other factions to make themselves look good imo).

So yeah, a fucking worthless sacrifice honestly.

The two SM Chapters I play are SW and DA- entirely because of their aesthetics and fluff.
Sorry you feel that way.

Anyone else think that Sisters are actually basically loyalist Chaos Cultists with better equipment thanks to the background influences of the 16 quadrillion or so souls who think that corpse on the throne is an actual god?

>meme country ones
I feel like most of the major players in WW2 would be classified as "meme countries" by SOMEBODY

Power armour with animal hide decoration is my Marine fetish. Don't care if it's furry, scaly or leathery. Except icky traitors with human faces stretched across. Unless the human face is smiling.

No, out of 7 billion people not a single other soul is that retardet.

Its a joke.

Same here. Some of my best DA games are against SW and recently some good games against Homebrew BA and we always give each other shit.

>"You are a traitor"
>"You are a furry"
>"You are a Pretty Boy Pansy"

Same goes for the Imperial Fists and especially Ultramarine players.

I guess it is something that only Space Marine Players can do because there are so many of us and such different flavors of fluff.

Fucking furfags. The only mistake the Emperor made was letting Russ have his deviant art account.

>basically loyalist Chaos Cultists with better equipmen
Basically. A little better trained too.

>>"You are a traitor"
>>"You are a furry"
>>"You are a Pretty Boy Pansy"
Vampires
Werewolves
Fat little emo girls

Its the same kind of retards that engage in 100+ post arguments over shit like "Dragonball Z guy could beat Super Sayan guy" or "Master Chief armor is better than power armor".

They're just retards being retards.

How does faith in the Empreror make you a Chaos Cultist?

I mean, if you mean that the emperor is a warp entity (at the very least he's a braindead warp lighthouse keeper), and that latent humanity's psychic faith in him is what gives Sisters their invulnerable saves and can be attributed to other superhuman acts they perform, well then yeah, welcome to the 40k universe.

But warp/empyrean =/= Chaos

>Its a joke.

really.

>I was only pretending to be retarded

> and meme country ones
most of the meme countries used German Mauser rifles or other rifles produced by major power so they were pretty good

>the Japanese ones and meme country ones
but you repeat yourself

>Its a joke.

At least you can read.

I posted
Thats it. Unless you are the BA player just let it go, if you are go learn what a joke it.

>focusing your hatred on the yiffs while I glue drake scale panties to my face
just as planned

>its a joke
one overused just as much as 'orks are a melee race' and '1000 point balanced tau riptide wing lists' posts.
I don't play BA. I play GK and just feel DA and SW players to be rather more annoying than the the rest. Just the way I see it man, both here, and in real life.

So the irony of the Imperium following down the same path of fanatical devotion to a mostly uncaring god created by the emotions and beliefs in the warp and doesn't appeal to anyone else then? Because the idea that the Imperium is basically just doing the same thing as Chaos while saying they aren't appeals to me as the idea of that level of hypocrisy is just right for the setting.

Idea is that if the Big E is basically a Warp God then following him isn't really that different than the others, save he likes to bling things in Gold rather than Spikes.

Fucking scalies.

Fulgrim is in that camp as well since he's managed to turn himself into a fucking snake thing.

>if the Big E is basically a Warp God
he's just a dude, dude

he's also personally responsible for all interstellar travel in the empire

I've heard that Spaves Wolves and Dark Angels hate each ohter's guts. What's the reason behind their rivalry? What other chapters are known for disliking each other?

>MFW i just wanted to post about my chapter because i revere my primarch's sacrifice
Veeky Forums im oh so sorry

>I've heard that Spaves Wolves and Dark Angels hate each ohter's guts.

They dont, dont learn fluff/rules via word of mouth. Its a friendly rivalry that comes from when their primarchs got into a fight and ever since then they have a friendly duel whenever the two chapters meet.

>Spaves Wolves and Dark Angels hate each ohter's guts.
it started before the heresy,and all legions were put togther in two's to make taking systems easier,so the dark angels and space wolves were teamed up.and in the dulan system there was this tyrant named durath,who was sacrificing thousands of imperial priests,then insulted russ by calling him the emperors lap dog and he would feed him to his pet grox,russ swore he would cut duraths head from his shoulders,and demanded that jonson let him lead the attack,jonson who had scouted the fortress defenses for days and also wished himself the honour refused russ's demand.that night the lion with some squads hid in the cover of night,waiting for dawn.when russ charged the gates he found himself at the gates with some artillerry cannons staring down at him,but were destoryed by the lions devastators squads,russ watched as his brother slay durath on the walls,when the chaos forces saw that there leader was slain they went into a panic,by this time the wolves had just entered the fortress,in there anger they went threw the fleeing forces of chaos,either sides for them was doomed,for they could run into the dark angels or the wolves. after the battle russ stormed into the fortress to where the lion was planning the next campagin,russ struk the lion,from which they fought each other for a day and a night,neither could beat each other,for russ was stronger the lion was faster.they then stoped fighting both tired,russ started to laugh,seeing the humour in what had just happened,the lion on the other hand had saw what russ did was treacherous and struck him over the head,knocking him out,jonson then saw that his honour was restored.when russ awoke a day later he found that the dark angels left for the next battle,he then swore he would get his honour back.

They now have like a ritualistic honor combat whenever they meet between two compnay mastes or champions.

No, he's personally responsible for being a reference point for all interstellar travel through the warp, but isn't actually tug boating ships around through it.

And he's a dude who is being fed a thousand psykers a day (ritual sacrifice), has ritual bonding with sanctioned psykers (blessed by a chaos god), is attributed thousands of miracles (like Saint Celestine's "can't die" stuff (the only other explination for which is she's actually an Immortal, which means she's got her daddy's spunk in her), and has a following 16,000,0000,000,000,000+ strong. That's a lot of belief fueling him and could push the transhuman Big E from just an immortal unification of the strongest shaman on Terra to being a literal god instead of just one in name only.

I mean it's just how I see the fluff but I like the Imperium having that extra layer of hypocrosy where they ban worshipping Warp entities (who are dubbed gods), but then do the same exact thing themselves.

>"Friendly"

No, the Feast of Blades is friendly, this is a ritualistic dick measuring contest.

>personally responsible
As one of untold psykers about to be mulched into the Golden Thrones giant meat-blender power generator, I curse you with my last breath. Or well, I would but I'm on a Black Ship and I can't cast malediction powers while embarked on a transport...

Old rivalry.

Back in the crusading days Wolves and Lions were on a mission to take a fortification, they agreed to rest and attack at dawn, but in the middle of the night the Lion saw an opportunity and took it, at dawn Russ woke ans saw it take along with the glory, so he walked up to the Lion called him a sneaky git and slugged in in the face, they had a brawl and ended up in a tie, Russ turned to walk away and the lion attacked him as he walked away.

Since then they've been rivals.

Blood Angels have the Archangels Sanguine Wing Formation:

2 x 10-man Vanguard squads (MUST have jump packs)
1 × 10-man Sternguard squad transported inside a Stormraven.

They arrive together from reserve on a single roll

Each Vanguards get a free single Power Weapon/Lightning Claw

Each Sternguard get a free Stormbolter / Combi-weapon.

Pretty expensive, but that's 20 PW models, can combat squad into 4 × 5 man teams with some combi weapon goodness.

Are necron scarabs good? I don't mean in a competitive environment though. Any tips on using them that doesn't involve "use the formation durr" or giving them a spyder as support?

It was retconned to be friendly. Earlier fluff stated that it was quite often to the death. But maybe nowadays they have gotten into friendlier terms.

But the Emperor is a god. Anyone who denies it is a fool, starting with the Emperor himself. How else would you call an almost immortal, incredibly powerful and near omniscient being?

Giving them a spider support is kind of the best way TO use them along with "use the formation durr".

The start collecting formation lets the scarabs come back to the overlord when they get wiped. I encountered a Necron player walking his Overlord with a full size unit of these little buggers and they were fantastic tarpitters.

The only other way I have seen them out of formation is with two spiders hiding behind a wall shitting scarabs. Then they rounded the corner like something from The Mummy and devoured a tac squad.

It still happens, occasionally, depends on the champions.
Some are good sports, others are sore losers.

Is the Catachan defense force a good deal?

No.

It's one of the better ones, you don't get saddled with trash units, though the infantry models look awful.

I think it is. You must like the models though. I wanted to buy the Cadian before they stopped selling it.

My brother's in love with their lore so whatever.

Anyways thanks, he's looking at guard for his second army and is either going Catachans or Creed's group.

And now give him a constant daily sacrifice of a thousand fresh souls a day (1000x365.25x10,000=3,652,500,000 psykers so far and counting, not including the many that formed his original conciousness) and a throng of worshipers in the quadrillions. He should be able to at least stand on the level of Slaanesh if not higher in the warp.

Basically "Corpse God" might as well be a proper title and not just a mocking name by Chaos.

Can any of you civilized Mongolians help me pick a color scheme for my Knight House? House Atriedes needs something more than my idea. I was thinking gunmetal and a light brown.

Gun metal and changeling pink.

>I was thinking gunmetal and a light brown

Sounds good. Get some lighter metals, perhaps even a silver if you are going to do any shading and need a high light source.

How light of a brown are you thinking? A bright as a tan or something like soft leather?

Maybe think of a third colour for Iconography and flavour. A Darker color but colour probably. Not black but like Dark Green/Red

Any theme, pattern, history to go on?

No shut up and just tell me my colour scheme is good with the most minimal information I can supply!

GOSH!