Leaf Ninja Quest #88

>This is a quest taking place in an alternate version of the Naruto world during the same time period as the story, with a few notable differences. You will be playing as Kon Karagowa, a young Leaf Jonin. Your character is defined by your choices, so write-ins are always encouraged. And remember to have fun!

>Quest Info:pastebin.com/ng7eKbdZ

>Previous threads:suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Leaf Ninja Quest

>Gaidens: pastebin.com/dyank8nq

Time for healing?

H-hype? Sorry, I'm just a bit frightened after last time. God, we screwed the pooch, there.

Now let me tell you right now guys, this thread may run pretty short, depending on how much you guys decide to do. I will be stopping short of The Last since I haven't actually seen it

This thread will cover what happens in the time leading up to it. Just a heads up

Agreed. I blame Tentenfags.

A lot of people agreed to the ninshu option, i'm sure a good portion of them were kurofags that were looking for a solution to the problem they had with hurting their friends feelings.

You take things easy for the next few weeks, trying to keep your mind clear. Most of your time is divided between your friends, just spending time with them without worrying for any danger. You manage to make a decent cook out of Sai in this time.

Eventually, Kiba's wedding draws near.

"Sorry Kon, gonna have to give it to Sasuke." Kiba apologizes. "It was because of him that we met in the first place, you know? I'm sure you understand."

Only slightly disappointed, you suit up for the big day and attend. Most of your colleagues are there, with only a few that seem to have been unable, or unwilling to make it. You see all of the Inuzuka clan here, and your uncle has come along with Tsume. On Tamaki's side, aside from her grandmother, she seems to have invited a huge group of ninja cats. You can only imagine the restraint that they and the dogs of the Inuzuka clan are exercising for this.

The ceremony goes off without a hitch, and everyone enjoys themselves at the party afterwards, congratulating the newlyweds. Though you hear Ino telling Haku that theirs needs to be even better. Something about an ice sculpture.

As the party winds down, Roshi arrives. You had been expecting him, and were going to head off on your journey with him soon after this.

"The Tsuchikage sends her regards, and apologizes for being too busy to attend." Roshi tells you. "So whenever this wraps up we're good to go, right?"

>A.Yeah, we're about done here. I'll get ready

>B.Congratulate Kiba and Tamaki one more time before you go

>C.Talk to someone else (Write-in)

>D.Other

I voted for it, but I'm neither.

I'd rather leave Kon single for the rest of his life.

Eh, such is the woe of waifu wars. The quest no longer becomes remembered for what it should be, instead it will be known for how people screwed up with that one girl.

Honestly, I'm a little saddened that this quest might just become 'just another waifu quest'.

>C.Talk to someone else (Write-in)
Ask Konohomaru if he'd like to go.

>>B.Congratulate Kiba and Tamaki one more time before you go
>>C.Talk to someone else (Write-in)
Itachi im gonna go on a soul searching journey for a while. Feel free to send a jounin that isnt important to the story but is strong none the less, Like Aoba or something. BYEBYEEEE

No doubt, but I still want to strangle the people that thought of that. We could've just told her, tell her we still care for her and left. Now shit is worst.

It's less of waifu wars and more of "What the fuck were these retards thinking?"

>B.Congratulate Kiba and Tamaki one more time before you go
>D.Other
Make sure we actually told people about our plans, this time.

This

Well if Laze didn't make everybody feel like shit for not chosing Tenten, that wouldn't have happened. People only voted for ninshu because they were desperate not to lose Tenten as a friend as well. A lot of people are to blame, but the lions share goes to Laze.

We fucking did tell her that we still cared about her, it still wasn't enough.

It was enough. You just had to give her some damn time afterwards.

Things aren't solved in an snap or with magic jutsu all the time.

Alot of people voted for the ninshu option and then even more bitched about doing it and it being a mistake. Me thinks that alot of the people that voted for the option claimed that other people were retards for voting for it. It is honestly just mostly annoying at this point when people complain about a majority vote like that one.

Like 7 people of like what 20+ IPs? I think a lot of people just weren't voting cause they wanted to let someone else handle the drama, but when they realized how badly people fucked up then they bitched.

You tell Roshi you just have a few people to talk to before you go.

You already congratulated Kiba and Tamaki, but you make your way over to them one more time to do so again.

"Thank you, Kon." Tamaki replies. "A lot of Kiba's confidence is thanks to you, you know. As long as he's got friends like you, I know I don't have to worry about him."

"You just have fun on your little journey, you hear?" Kiba laughs. "Go out and see the world! You deserve it. We'll all be here when you get back."

You also ask Konohamaru if he wants to join you, but he declines.

"I need to dedicate some time to leading my team." he tells you. "As cool as it would be to travel with you guys, I need to stay here. You have fun, alright, bro?"

You make the rounds and tell a few more people your goodbyes, then head home to change and get your gear. You and Roshi are soon headed out of the village. To who knows where.

"So aside for Kakazan, you never said exactly where we're going on this little trip of ours." Roshi grumbles. "Anywhere in mind?"

>Where are you going to visit on your journey? (Write-in)

It can be as many or as few places as you guys want. There will be a separate vote for training too, you'll do that, don't worry

>The Moon
Preemptive attack!

>Kaguya's dimensions

Every single Ninja Village. We'll learn different fighting styles and tave advantage of our ability to use all five elements to learn many many jutsus.

They said our master, the Third, was called the Professor because he learnd all the Leaf jutsus, right? We fought as a ninja of the world in the War. We'll rise above our teacher.

What do you guys think?

Snow country (See if things have gotten any better), Wave (more of the same), Hot springs (because hot springs), Water (Never actually been), and then any place that seems interesting we've heard of on the way.

Snow kingdom
The great Kon bridge or whatever we ended up calling i forgot
All the major Villages

Let's try to gather an entourage of under utilized ninja in canon. Ask the respective Kage if you can travel with them and increase their strength as ninja. Omoi from cloud, Gaara from sand, and idk who the hell we would take from the village hidden in the mists.

I'll back this.

The brand new Sound village.
Any other summon lands along the way. Defiantly the cat one, if there is one.
Anything with a spooky haunted mansion so Roshi and Kon can solve Scooby-Doo style mysteries. With traps.

Chojuro

You think about it. There's really no shortage of places you can visit. Why not use this time to the fullest?

"Let's just go everywhere." you suggest. "All the major villages, a bunch of minor ones. Why not? I'm sure we can learn a whole lot."

"Hmph." Roshi snorts. "Sounds like a good time."

Your first stop is a trip down memory lane. The first place you ever visited outside of the Fire Country, the Land of Waves. As you and Roshi cross the Kaiza bridge, you eventually reach a large group of people. They're all gathered around what looks to be a set, filming a movie. In fact, you see a familiar face. The former princess of the Land of Snow, and actress, Koyuki. She must be making a movie here.

In the crowd, you also recognize Inari and Tazuna, watching the filming intently. You and Roshi watch for a while, and you feel a sort of deja vu. Like you had seen this before.

Then it hit you. They were reenacting your fight on the bridge. Some details were changed, but it certainly seemed to fit.

Eventually, filming for the day drew to a close. Nobody seems to have noticed you, yet.

>A.Greet Koyuki

>B.Go see Inari and his grandfather

>C.Leave with the knowledge that they seem to be doing well

>D.Other

Might explain how he becomes kage teir

>A. Greet Koyuki
>D. Offer your own account of what happened, so they can get it right.
>D (again). Leave out some of the...sillier parts...
>D (Yet Again). Mention that Haku is actually a boy.

Is Haku being played by Koyuki? God Kon's scene with Haku is gonna look really homo XD

Reread that whole scene. It's dumb af.

And I'm the one who wrote the whole speech. god it's stupid.

>>A.Greet Koyuki
>>B.Go see Inari and his grandfather
>>D. Meet the actor playing us.

We should chat briefly with each Jinchiriki in each village we visit, should also hit the springs in each one, a wise investment with all this traveling about.

While I like the traveling I suggest we only do it for a few months max. Otherwise return to Itachi and finally get our ANBU promotion/ private tasks for Itachi, show him his faith was well placed.

>A.Greet Koyuki

The guy playing us better be good looking as fuck.

>D. Start laughing. Hard.

>D.Other
Offer to play a part! We can probably do some crazy special effects with our jutsu

Seconding this

...we ain't becoming a movie star and doing our own stunts why?

You make your way over to Inari and his grandfather before they make to leave. They see and pause for a moment, before they actually recognize you.

"Hey, Kon!" Inari waves. "Good to see you again!"

You draw closer to the pair, and you all tell each other how you've been. It seems things have been going very well for the Land of Waves these past few years.

"Yep, I'm retired now." Tazuna tells you. "But we got interest about our story, and they had me help with the screenplay. It's been coming along really nicely. I hope this movie can inspire a whole lot of people."

You also make your way over to Koyuki.

"Kon? You're here?" she asks, astonished. "That's wonderful! I can tell you all about the movie, I'm sure you'll love it!"

You're told all about the movie they're making, "Kaiza". The story of how the memory of one man helped a nation out from under the foot of a tyrant. It seems you and your team's roles have been somewhat diminished.

"We can't focus too much on you guys, you understand." Koyuki explains. "We can't use actual likenesses of living ninja. Sorry. You guys are still in, but only the last act."

Koyuki shows you what they have so far. The movie is nearly complete, this is the second to last scene. Koyuki herself is playing Tsunami, but it's not a major role, so she's also directing.

You meet the guy playing your equivalent. He's a lot taller than you were, and in fact, doesn't look much like you at all, aside from the eyes. It seems they had priorities when casting.

For what it is though, you like it. You're not sure you want everything that happened with you to go on screen anyway. You assure her that you'll go see it.

After spending a bit longer in the Land of Waves, you move on. Catching a ship, you and Roshi head to the Village Hidden in the Mist.

>A.Speak with the Mizukage

>B.Go see someone else here (Specify)

>C.Other

>Kon becomes the Jackie Chan of Naruland.

I'm okay with this.

>A. Speak with the Mizukage
chat about things, how's the village doing, any places she recommends visiting, all that.

>Kon's not dating the famous actress
See, this is how I know things went wrong a LONG-ASS time ago. Kunoichi be crazy man, shoulda found someone more down-to earth. More real.

Like an actress, or a politician.

>B.Go see someone else here (Suigetsu)
Where'd you run off to Puddle Boy!

Say, Hi, ask the Mizukage how things are going, mention the wedding of our friend, say we better be invited to hers (should be a nice thing to say to her because we are implying she WILL hookup)

This pretty much, a swinging visit.

>implying a kage isn't a politician

We should also visit restaurants and get recipes for the cuisine of the places we visit to cook ourselves or give to our uncle. Cooking Shinobi shall make a comeback.

Alternate reality Kon had that ramen girl.

I vote for events in this order.

>>A.Speak with the Mizukage
Ask if we can take Chojiro with us and turn him into an awesome ninja!

You don't plan to stay too long, but you go see the Mizukage nonetheless.

You and Roshi are invited into her office, where you find the woman herself at work behind her desk, with Chojuro and Suigetsu nearby.

"Hey, Kon! What's up?" Suigetsu waves to you. You notice he's lugging around three of the seven swords on his back. "I heard about what happened. Not sure I could have done much by staying, but I still feel kind of bad."

"Suigetsu here came back with three of our seven swords." Mei tells you. "Said he'd hold onto them since we keep losing them. Anyway, we let him back. He's a skilled ninja, and he didn't desert by choice in the first place. Another talented shinobi can only help our village. Things are looking up, after all. Public opinion of our shinobi is back on the rise."

Suigetsu sidles over to you to whisper in your ear as the Mizukage gets back to work.

"Man, I thought I had it bad before, but I am walking on eggshells all the time, here." he tells you, his voice nervous. "So I do a lot of convening once I'm back to get off the hook, right? Well, the Mizukage has a little sister, Fuuko. Total babe, and she's got the hots for me. Not too surprising. Anyway, the Mizukage is about ready to boil me alive every time we so much as meet. Not a fun lady to work under. She needs to do something about that jealousy before she kills somebody."

"What are you whispering about, Suigetsu?" the Mizukage turns from her work again. "You know you're on thin ice, don't test me."

"Of course not, Lady Mizukage." Suigetsu backs away, waving it off and forcing a laugh. "Just catching up on some personal matters, you know."

He seems to be having his own difficulties, but Suigetsu is managing to reintegrate back into the Mist.

>A.Ask the Mizukage about something (Write-in)

>B.Tell the Mizukage about something (Write-in)

>C.Talk to someone else (Specify)

>D.Move on

>E.Other

>>A.Ask the Mizukage about something (Write-in)
Could I possibly borrow Chojiro so we can bro it up and become better ninja together?

>C.Talk to someone else (Chojiro)
Hey if you get the Mizukage's Permission wanna take a little wander around with me and Roshi, could be a good chance to advertise the Mist to, to sayin.

Yes, this.
Consider it: We could have a group of ninja from each of the villages, traveling, doing good shit for the people, generally getting gud. It'd even add more drama for Kon when intervillage relations collapse as they are wont to do!

I KNOW RIGHT? Get hyped for giving underutilized characters more screen time. If Chojiro says no we could always ask Utakata

>>A.Ask the Mizukage about something (Write-in)

Ask her if anybody wants to join 'Roshi and Kon's Excellent Adventure' around the world to visit Monkey Mountain.

The Traveling Vanguard, Kon of the leaf, Chojiro of the Mist, Roshi of the Stone, Onmi of the Cloud and Gaara of the Sand. Together they wander the world righting wrongs and if you have a job that needs doing...and if you can find them.. you can always call them

We should defiantly bring Gaara along, show him the world a little, give him time to make friends and experience things. Could be good to see the kakokage while we are there.

While we are traveling can we work on fire control with Roshi? The Jutsu to manipulate flames, even those of others?

>Onmi of the Cloud
>Omni
>kakokage
Anons please
Training votes come later

Before you leave, an idea crosses your mind.

"Chojuro." you turn to the young man in glasses. "Would you like to join us on our journey? I think it might be a good way to build up relations between the villages if we can get some ninja from each village to train together. Didn't you say you wanted to do joint training exercises, Lady Mizukage?"

"I did say that..." Mei taps her desk with her finger. "Alright, I can have Suigetsu fill in while he's gone. This can be a test run for joint operations in the future."

"It does sound like fun." Chojuro admits. "Any time I've left the village before, it was always so serious. I'll do it. I don't want to pass up this opportunity to train, anyway. If I'm going to have a hot at being the next Mizukage, I've got to get a whole lot tougher."

With the Mizukage's permission, Chojuro joins you and Roshi on your travels after a few days waiting and relaxing in the Mist.

You then all head out, catching a ship North to the Cloud. The three of you arrive at the somewhat familiar village high in the mountains after some time and are let through. A lot of people are surprised by your team's composition.

>A.Go to the Raikage

>B.See someone else (Specify)

>C.Other

>>A.Go to the Raikage
ayyy

Also errands, back in a while

>A.Go to the Raikage

Might as well check in with all of them

>>A.Go to the Raikage
Hey Raikage, how ya doing! We're getting an internatonal Ninja roadtrip coming, Onmi wass come? how about you C? How was the hangover?

>B.See someone else (B and Yugito-nii)
if no one else wants to come offer it to one of them. Just see how they are doing, happy to be home, say hi to the beasts via name.

>B.See someone else (Specify)
>B and Yugito!

We gotta come up with a good rap for B!

>Onmi
user PLEEEASEEEE. It's Omoi.

>>B.See someone else (Specify)

See B and ask him to join us.

Sorry user, apparently i'm to lazy to look it up. I shall however refrain from mentioning him again

>Go to the Raikage

Oh no I want to invite him, it was just really bothering to see the constant misspelling of his name.

Omio?

I wonder if Kon can learn as many jutsus as Kakashi without using a sharingan. He can use all the elements and Impact and Sage stuff means we can access even more from those jutsu.

We could have Kon be the Million Jutsu Ninja.

>Invite Opie

Omoi?

>invite OH MYYYYY

Omuai?

I agree Ommo could possibly come along if B don't take his spot

I hope you all get cancer.
I like you.
This one I find funny for some reason.

Damn, Oppai would be a really great addition to our group

Indeed. I'm wholly in support of bringing Momo along.

I think our group does need some Oppai in it thought, lil bit of a sausage fest atm, unless we all gonna did the clubs together and bro the fuck out of the ninja world, have a ninja version of the Hangover in the Rain Village

We will all die. I fully support this idea.

We need to be the one to provide the ninja roofies for our new wolf pack.

If you're going to see anyone, it's only natural you'll go see the Raikage. The three of you make your way to his office, and are let in.

You find him behind his desk, accompanied by Darui, C, and Omoi. Chojuro notices the swords on Omoi's back.

"Ah, those are the twin swords, Kiba." he notes. "You have them..."

"Ah. Yeah, sorry." Omoi apologizes. "You probably want them back, but I can't give them. I made a promise to hold onto them until I pass on. Then you can take them again. Now, that's not to say I want to die soon or anything, like if I tripped on the stairs and snapped my neck. That's just be embarrassing to tell her, and I don't think it's a good demonstration of keeping the promise either, it's like cheating, cutting it so short. Then again, I don't really want to hold onto them as I get super old either, since there would probably be years and years I didn't use them, and then I'd just be holding out, and I don't want to do that, either. However, I'm not in a hurry to go die in battle with them either, since that could look bad if I lost with them, plus you guys might not get them back, and you were already missing them for so long, so I don't want to cause even more trouble than I already am. There's probably a best way to do this where I live a good amount of time without sitting on them too long, and I think-"

"Omoi, stop." A says sternly. Omoi complies, and everyone looks to the Raikage. "I'm surprised to see you all here. What brings you to the Cloud?"

>A.Ask the Raikage something (Write-in)

>B.Tell the Raikage something (Write-in)

>C.Speak to someone else (Specify)

>D.Other

>A.Ask the Raikage something (Write-in)
"I'm on a pilgrimage to gather the Villages best ninja on a mission to fight off boredom at Mt. Monkey! I'd love to have B, Omoi, or Yugito come along if you'd let them. I understand if you can only spare one of them. In the meantime we'll be training, and I hope to learn as much as I teach."

>B. You mean besides our match? I'm visiting all the major villages and picking up a ninja from each. A few minor ones too, and some regular vacation spots, and writing the whole thing off as both a joint training exercise and a village relations event, when it's really just a road trip. Speaking of, can I borrow Omoi or C for a month or three?

Ayy this sounds good. Way to word it user. We are gonna roll up in the last like a group of monsters, it is gonna be fucking sweet.

Excellently said user

You lay out your idea for the Raikage.

"I'm on a journey to gather ninja from every village and train on Kakazan!" you explain. "The objective is to all learn from each other and hopefully bring our villages closer together. Do you think you could spare Yugito, B, or Omoi?"

"Well that's an interesting little proposal you have there." A rubs his chin. "For now, B and Yugito are trying to ween Samehada off of B's chakra. Since Omoi will not part with those swords, we need to try and do what we can to maintain positive relations with the Mist. Anyway, that may take some time. This may however, be a good opportunity for Omoi. What do you think, Omoi?"

"It could be a good thing." Omoi says thoughtfully. "I think I could make a really good impression if I get skilled enough with the swords, and-"

"Good. That's settled. Maybe you can work something out while you're out and help save me the trouble." A interrupts. He sighs. "I'm starting to feel my age, you know. What with the new Kazekage and Tsuchikage, I'm the oldest Kage now. I wonder how long until I'll be thinking of retirement."

"You've still got a few years in you yet, Lord Raikage." Darui responds. "And don't forget you have us, too."

You spend a few more days relaxing in the Cloud, then leave with Omoi added to your group. You head down the isthmus, past the site of the war, and to the Land of Hot Springs, for a nice relaxing stop before moving on. You next travel to the Land of Rice, and the newly legitimately established Sound Village.

The village itself is still being built, and only a few buildings are even finished. It doesn't seem bad though, as there are ninja here and there hard at work. Nothing shady going on as far as you can see. You notice Aoba perched in a tree keeping a lookout, and he waves when he sees you.

>A.Find Orochimaru

>B.Look around more closely

>C.Things seem fine here, move on

>D.Other

Sage Mode.

Are any of our gathered allies sensors? Ask any of them if they notice anything unusual.

I want to believe Orochimaru is doing the right thing but...old habits die hard. Orochimaru may not think some things he's doing are extreme.

>>B.Look around more closely
Lets see what Aoba is doing. Would it be cheating if that when we train with these guys we take them all to monkey mountain and get Emna some new sages? Do you think the other summoned beasts would be pissed?