Pen and Paper Podcasts

>listening to a D&D podcast
>fictional sexism/racism/etc occurs
>players proceed have meta discussion about sexism/racism/etc

This has happened several times
Can anyone recommend some decent podcasts where this doesn't happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiPYKrTYAxqnsSCeD2cSPxT6MP_ED-WxJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

google ones from before 2012

The guy was an idiot for asking what she was wearing as the first question out of the gate, he should've asked how she was feeling or what she was thinking before going for looks.

The utter submissive attitude he had when she got angry just confirms he's a weak-willed dork that tried to get his jollies and got called out on it.

This. He was a fuckwit trying to be funny and it blew up in his face.

What podcast? Only just getting into listening to them and I need to know which to avoid.

K
>As per your request you are a high elf noble going to a fancy ball
>What are you wearing to the fancy ball
I don't know where humor fits in there, or how this is somehow an unreasonable question just because she was a woman (other male elf characters I've listened to tend to describe their clothing in great detail), but I will agree that he tucked tail and ran.
The worst part is that he left it in the podcast at all when it's so clearly and heavily edited then defended her 6 minute diatribe at the end of the next podcast.

So how about some podcasts where people have fun in a fictional world and don't LITERALLY refer to the meta as a "post-gamergate world"

Godsfall

Podcasts? Ew.

I don't really have anything to contribute, but I'm always interested in podcasts so I'll hand a bump

>LITERALLY refer to the meta as a "post-gamergate world"
Jesus christ I thought these kinds of people were a myth. Everyone here told me that shit doesn't happen in real life.

So I've studied socio anthropology for years and gamed for years. I've thought of doing a podcast where interspersed with gameplay would be pauses where explanations of certain social structures/systems. Essentially how and why they develop and how they fit into a gaming world. As well as discussion of the implications of a fantasy setting on societal development.

However I do not think there is much of an audience for it.

So far the only ones I've found worth a listen are
Adventure Zone: Goofy fun. Rules light but still a good listen
Board With Life: Breddy gud so far. Nice editing and ambience. Every once in a while someone shouts RACIST or something like that but more of a joke than anything else

Sounds interesting to me, I love that shit.
As long as the explanations are clinical and there are no shots from the peanut gallery about how morally superior they are to the fictional Orc savages.

Did any of you actually listen to the podcast after that episode? Because it sounds like none of you realize how fucking great it is past that one moment of cringe.

don't listen to these people. because yes, that happens a single time in the beginning of episode 2 or 3 or something, but everything after that is great. it's run by a fantastic DM that misjudged how his friend would react, and rolled with it instead of being a confrontational asshole to someone that's new to tabletop games. sometimes I really hate how quick Veeky Forums and other boards jump on hating something because they don't have the decency to look past a single moment of discomfort. Perpetuating discomfort, sure, that's a solid basis for judgement. But when they all call it shit because they stopped listening after one 6 minute interaction, it saddens me because people will then not listen to a great thing.

>post-gamergate world
wh
I need to hear this for myself

>5E podcast
>post-gamergate world
Nu-gamers continue to prove the stereotype of easily offended politicals I guess.

>>As per your request you are a high elf noble going to a fancy ball
>>What are you wearing to the fancy ball
Wait
there are people who complained about this?
But it's so fucking innocuous. How could that ever be construed as offensive? What kind of mental gymnastics allows for such a leap to retarded conclusions?
What the fuck?

How can I sponsor euthanasia for these poor misguided botched abortions?

>6 minutes of the worst drek humanity has to offer
>"Why aren't you giving it a second chance user?"

which episode is it? I don't want to have to sit through all of them

Do the world a favor and hang yourselves you miserly crotchety humorless fucks.

Puritanical sodomites

>can't deal with 6 minutes of something uncomfortable
man, I'm really sorry for the life you live. I don't know what's wrong with you, but I'm sorry for whatever you have to put up with that has turned you into such an entitled little asshole. Feel better, friend.

I'm sorry you weren't fortunate enough to develop fully cognitively and acquire discerning taste.
I hope you never stop enjoying eating shit, someone has to do the rough jobs after all.

I can deal with far more than that.
I'm not going to spend my free time on the kind of cancers to the hobby that American politicals are.
>entitled little asshole
That would be people like you, who demand others to support your twitterella friends because you enjoy them so everyone else should be forced to as well.

That podcast is hot garbage with an insufferable pretentious cunt as a DM. I listened to the first season because it was nice to hear a podcast with good editing and session 0s for the characters. He literally gates the players by a "superpower" he decided for them, and tells them how it works and if it does... And his story that he brags about so damn much is railroaded garbage that he claims isn't a railroad. It reminds me so goddamn much of Titansfall. The DM, the story, the players; all of it is just terrible outside the production.

As for the girl's reaction? It was the highlight of the podcast. She calls him out on it, he admits he asked none of the characters the same question, they talk for a few minutes (out of a 1 hour podcast) and move on. Then the cancerous fucks out there can't stand to listen to it and declare all sorts of garbage like the chimps throwing shit they are.

Fuck I hate that I am making this post more than once.

Do you genuinely think that you have a fully formed opinion after 6 minutes of something as expansive as an entire campaign? I'm highly opinionated on anything that I feel I have a good grasp on. 6 minutes of something isn't enough for that. You don't write off an entire movie as shit if it has an awkward scene. You don't turn off a game if it has a lame tutorial. For the same reason, you don't stop listening to a podcast because a player has an unfavorable interaction with the DM. I understand that in today's day and age, it's "cool" to hate on things without actually knowing what you're talking about because not having an opinion is lame and having a non-negative opinion is even more lame, especially on Veeky Forums. And if this weren't something that I feel so strongly about, that it's a very good podcast once you get past that one interaction, I wouldn't have responded in the first place. It's a good podcast. People that talk about it like they've listened to it all and judged it from a sound, well rationed state of mind when they haven't bother me. That bothers me in all forms of media, really.

I genuinely enjoy your opinion because you've actually consumed enough of it to make a well formed opinion. Your thoughts don't seem to me like gut reactions. That's all I ask. I'm totally fine with people listening to it and disagreeing with how I feel. But for fucks sake, listen to it before you judge it. So thank you, really.

>what you can't DEAL with enduring shitty awful content?
>what's fucking wrong with you dude, you are so entitled for not spending your free time eating shit

what did he mean by this?

I did give it a second chance and then the sadboy GM had to tack his 2 cents on it in a later episode.
Does it ACTUALLY stop after that? Because if it does I'll give it yet another chance.
But even if it does I'll always have that first impression in the back of my mind.
All the while our persecuted heroes fight for what they think is right (pfft) I won't be able to be rid of the idea that the person playing the elf is a cunt and the gm is a little bitch who's probably cutting the edges off his characters to spare some sensibilities.
Or maybe I just won't waste my time then
Episode 3, the very beginning of the one on one session with "the only girl"

I like the adventure zone. They're pretty laid back and Griffin (the dm) creates some really unique adventures for the players. My favorite arc was the murder mystery on the train

I always thought it was dumb for players to get stuffy over being asked what their character looked like or was wearing. It's a good way of subtly describing something about their character. Scruffy thief wearing oversized, grubby clothes? Well, if you know that his stats are good, then maybe the player is indicating his tendency to fade into the crowd. If it's a level one character, they might be signaling an interest in having their thief start at the bottom and work their way up.

The average female player being asked what their character is wearing to a formal event is more likely to speak to her character than asking your average male player. If a female player says, "Oh, she's wearing a gown of red silk, dripping with gold and diamonds and almost floating across the room as she smiles and flirts... and uses her fan to conceal her frequent sharp looks to check on the locations of the guards." then the character is a grifter type, right? If the player says, "Well - Valda is wearing a dress. It's about a half size too tight, three inches too short, and has a bow on the bodice that she keeps yanking at to keep it off her skin. She looks incredibly annoyed as she finds a chair and tries to use the table to hide that she's kicked off her shoes as she stretches out and lounges like a man would." then the character is clearly not used to wearing girlie things, has no interest in them, and probably has never even heard of the word 'etiquette'.

Your average male player? "I'm wearing the outfit on page 23 of the Players Guide 1st edition."

In one of my longest lasting gaming groups, players were encouraged to describe what they were wearing. Partly this was because we had a mostly artist population and it facilitated art being made later. Everyone wanted a piece of that sweet sweet art. So we'd trained even the guys to at least say, "Wearing his usual boot, vest, and long-sleeve combo. Today he has a beanie on."

I've been posting an actual play of a Mech rpg to YouTube. I intended people to just download them as mp3s but idk if people didn't get the idea.
Battle Century G: Blood Red Moon: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiPYKrTYAxqnsSCeD2cSPxT6MP_ED-WxJ feedback is appreciated.

Aw yea nigga

Just listened to it. Holy shit. That girl is exactly the reason why some players don't like the idea of inviting girls into their groups.

Her smug tone throug the whole discussion made me wish that he would just be like "Fuck this" and just threw her out.

So here's the thing: she does describe what she is wearing and everything else. She just calls the DM out for it being the very first thing he asks about the character that is currently being introduced to the audience.

Fuck you for not recording the battlemaps live. I love me some hexmaps.

Imagine a giant bowl of unknown-flavor soup in front of you. You try a spoonful and think it tastes like shit.

Are you going to choke down the rest too just to make sure, or are you going to trust your sample? After all, there's thousands of other soups that might be more to your taste,

Titansgrave is only mildly cringe-inducing and you can probably just rip the youtube audio and put it on your iPod. I tried the Adventure Zone but couldn't get past the first story arc. Fair warning - the railroad is strong with this one.

I haven't listened to many more but I recommend you find ones that aren't based on D&D or Pathfinder, or really anything that relies on grid-based combat. Try World of Darkness or 13th Age if you need a fantasy fix, or something else that doesn't come to mind with me right now.

The first Adventure Zone arc is bumpy in terms of quality, but it really hits its stride during the second arc's Murder Mystery.

>Titansgrave wasn't bad
>Adventure Zone is an unlistenable railroad
Where do people get such terrible taste? Titansgrave is such a railroad the actual adventure oath has no deviation from the show, while the Adventure Zone was literally first time players following the starter set.

And 5e has a lot of streams using no maps... You know, on all of the D&D's channel's games. Curse of Strahd OK because of Chris Perkins, and the next stream has fucking Matt Mercer as DM for Chris Hardwick, Brian Posehn, Ashley Johnson, and whoever the fuck else - it shouldn't even matter at that point.

Maybe so, but I don't enjoy sitting through several hours of bad content in order to get to the good stuff. I also don't find them very funny.

Agree to disagree then. Titansgrave was occasionally entertaining while I didn't enjoy any part of the Adventure Zone.

Not the guy you're talking to, but that's a really bad analogy.

A soup will stay the same flavor no matter how much you try it. Some shows, music, etc change in quality from episode to episode, season to season.

There's a reason people tell you not to watch the Simpsons past season nine.

Nerd Poker. Nothing else.

The Iron Tavern podcast was/is pretty great. It's a DCC RPG Campaign starting at about a year into the campaign with most players being at level 4-5.

So, if I were wanting to check out the murder mystery, how much could I skip to get to the good part without being lost?

I'm just jumping in here, but I'm gonna say I knew exactly what podcast OP was talking about before he said it because LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING PERSON who listens to it will inevitably react with "Why the fuck are they having a 30 minute discussion about feminism in the first episode?"

Well, let me tell you why; Aram, the DM, is a huge fucking SJW. Trust me, I'm forced to interact with him sometimes.

You know who else is a huge fucking SJW?

LITERALLY EVERYONE IN FUCKING RPGS. Every developer, every person who works at Paizo and WotC, every podcaster, every streamer, every female fan, and every cling-on male. ALL OF THEM.

Jesus fuck, I wish I picked a better job...

I think the first Lunar Interlude would be a good starting point. If you're still lost, just go back one episode at a time until you feel like you've sufficiently caught yourself up.

As someone who has a D&D livestream channel and records everything, I'm kind of embarrassed to share it.

Because even though I keep doing it, holy fuck am I supremely aware that it's unwatchable shit.

>LITERALLY EVERYONE IN FUCKING RPGS.
Only the parasitical ones living off the system and fluff work of others like Paizo/Catalyst/Onyx Path/Evil Hat/Indie garbage.
You'd be hard pressed to find even one in the OSR, GURPS, Chaosium, Traveller etc communities.
>every podcaster, every streamer, every female fan, and every cling-on male.
Attention whores who youtube/twitch/podcast and go to conventions are universally shit people. What else is new.

Do you live in San Francisco? One thing I've learned these past few years, is that that city is just filled with this kind of mind cancer.
Also stay strong bro. Their bullshit will all start tumblring down soon. If it isn't because of the public increasingly becoming aware of their disgusting behaviour, it'll be because they are literally incapable of not eating themselves alive.

System Mastery is pretty great.

Not an actual play podcast, but they review shitty RPG core books. I love it, and if anybody else can reccomend similar podcasts, that would be awesome.

>You'd be hard pressed to find even one in the OSR, GURPS, Chaosium, Traveller etc communities.
You wanna bet? Go on Twitter and look up the #NotAtMyTable. See how many people involved in/related to your favorite game were in with that shit.

>Attention whores who youtube/twitch/podcast and go to conventions are universally shit people. What else is new.
Well, I mean, I can't really evaluate people I have no exposure to. But somehow I doubt that the percentage of SJWs in home games that aren't broadcast online is any different.

I live in Manhattan.

And no, SJW shit isn't losing steam in RPGs, it's picking up.

You know a guy I work with published a 4-part article on "Women in RPGs" on his website? And it's major conclusion was "If you have a girl in your livestream game, some people in chat might say 'hey its a hot girl playing', and that's wrong. Also, we banned fist-pumping, because it reminds people of fisting, which is sexual violence perpetrated against women."

The worst part? People share the fuck out of it. This isn't going away.

I personally enjoy The Film Reroll. It's a rather new show that plays through films using a GURPS system. I think it's really fun.

>Go on Twitter and look up the #NotAtMyTable.
That was roundly mocked almost immediately from what I recall. TheRPGSite people had a field day with it pointing out what socially maladjusted retards they have to be to push political codes of conduct on what ought to be a group of their friends.
>But somehow I doubt that the percentage of SJWs in home games that aren't broadcast online is any different.
That's because you've made the fundamental error of mistaking the personal with the real.
Go to cons and you find that it's nearly a 50/50 mix of men and women licking the scraps off of whoever is present with a booth.
Get sales data and realize 95%+ of the hobby is made-up of straight white men who think tweeting is something birds do and have never once set foot in an RPG convention and likely never will.

>Also, we banned fist-pumping, because it reminds people of fisting, which is sexual violence perpetrated against women.
Regressive, sex negative feminists will never not get me to laugh out loud. You do realise that any regular girl who knows about/likes fisting will immediately be thinking "what the fuck?". I'm not saying it's not gonna get worse before it gets better, but these people are incapable of holding onto this power forever. They are disgusting hateful individuals, they will eventually destroy themselves if no one else does.

>People share the fuck out of it.
People who don't play RPGs share political horseshit.
>This isn't going away.
It's already dying back down since they started facing more mainstream blowback.

>That was roundly mocked almost immediately from what I recall.
By who? I mean, sure, I saw some people responding, but by and large all I saw on my end (and like I mention, I deal with a ton of streamers/podcasts, so I see all their shit), is nothing but approval.

No, trust me, I'm with you. I know it's retarded beyond belief, and I sincerely wish I didn't rely on these people for money. I had one guy, in regards to the "NotAtMyTable" shit tell me "You gotta take a stand sometime" specifically because I refused to retweet or respond to it (because in reality, if I spoke my mind, I'd pretty much lose my job).

>Go to cons and you find that it's nearly a 50/50 mix of men and women
I have a booth at NYC ComiCon every year, I know the demographics.

This hobby attracts beta nu males.

>By who? I mean, sure, I saw some people responding, but by and large all I saw on my end (and like I mention, I deal with a ton of streamers/podcasts, so I see all their shit), is nothing but approval.
I opened up the hashtag now.
Easily 9/10ths of it for pages back was people bashing it and SJWs.

>"So i was talking to the new guy-" "THE REPUBLICAN?" "I mean...he might be on-" "YEAH I'M SURE"
This on top of her grilling the fucking DM for asking what she's wearing to a ball. You want people to listen to a podcast featuring Cuntilda the Wicked Bitch of the West and her bullshit agenda? It could be the greatest thing humanity has ever created and I still wouldn't listen to it.

HAHAHA I totally forgot that part!
Jesus christ some people just never turn off.

Why the fuck would you listen to an RPG podcast?

I can think of nothing less interesting.

Either play an RPG or consume a narrative media that isn't other people doing something you could literally be doing.

Even Let's Play shit is more understandable, there's a chance you might not have the game or the person is better at it than you are.

Yeah, why the fuck do people watch things when they could be off doing it themselves.

Like, why would you willingly go listen to stand-up comedy? I can just tell jokes to myself.

There's a fucking difference you absolute cunt.

Not everyone is good at jokes. Not everyone is good at video games. Not everyone is good at driving. Not everyone is good at sports. These things have legitimate merit to watching others do them.

To be 'bad' at Roleplaying to the point you have to watch other people do it, you have to be fucking braindead.

Some people have jobs user
Boring jobs where they can listen to music
And they require hours and hours and hours of mild entertainment to distract them from their horrendous lives.

Yeah, and there are countless topics far more interesting than listening to /other people/ roleplay.

I don't get your dichotomy.

If you listen to podcasts or watch livestreams of D&D, that somehow means you're...not capable of doing it yourself?

Because I'm pretty sure no one watches people play or listens to podcasts because they're "bad" at it, and thus "can't do it themselves". I don't know if you're aware, but RPGs aren't like video games, I can't just call up some bros at 2AM and get a game going if I want some fantasy escapism.

I have no idea what your point is other than "lol watching other people do things is dum", which has been a fucking retarded thing to say ever since people started saying it back when Let's Plays became a thing.

Yeah, and?

Is your issue the fact that they're listening/watching other people do ANYTHING, or is it that they're listening/watching other people do things that YOU DON'T FIND ENJOYABLE?

>Puritanical sodomites
u wot m8

I find RPGs enjoyable. I just don't understand why someone would find listening to other people do an RPG enjoyable.

It removes the player input side of the thing, which just makes it a less well-done book or tv show with no visual component.

Let's Play is more understandable to me because there is something to be gained from watching someone better at it than you play, or someone who owns a game you don't.

Obviously you can't play at 2am with your bros, or whatever, but I don't see why that makes listening to other people play an RPG you have no input in any more palatable.

Why not listen to a podcast about /any other subject/? One that wouldn't have a player input you're MISSING OUT ON because of the fact that it's other people doing what you could be doing.

Personally i do it because i enjoy stories. RPG podcasts are people collaboratively creating a story and listening to it makes me feel as if i'm part of that story. Yes i could play but my play and my story will be so different from theirs because i'm not them.

>I just don't understand
Well, that's just you, mate. I like seeing other people play and enjoy themselves is all.

I guess that's fine.

Though what i've read in this thread, there's more than enough "6 minutes of ranting diatribe because someone asked what a character was wearing" to offset any fun.

>I just don't understand why someone would find listening to other people do an RPG enjoyable.
Which means, by definition, you cannot possibly understand why people would find listening to the radio, watching TV, or reading a book enjoyable.

Because all of them involve no input from you.

>because there is something to be gained from watching someone better at it than you play
The fuck could you possibly gain by watching someone play a video game?

>Why not listen to a podcast about /any other subject/?
Because I like RPGs?

>One that wouldn't have a player input you're MISSING OUT ON because of the fact that it's other people doing what you could be doing.
Why do you keep coming back to this? They're not doing something I "could be doing", because I CAN'T be doing that with that group of people, at the time I choose to listen/watch it.

I already play D&D, quite a lot. And in my free time? I like to listen to entertaining and interesting people talk about and play it.

At this point, you literally cannot be anything but a Poe.

Same reason people listen to radio dramas, entertainment.

The only actual-plays I've found worth listening to.

I was listening to the whole thing trying to get some context for the thread, maybe the dm was being a dick or something, but no. She's just a rabid wominnist who has to inject her opinions everywhere and if you disagree you're a fucking enemy and fuck you. "DID YOU ASK ANYONE ELSE WHAT THEIR CHARACTERS WERE WEARING?" I would've responded with "None of them wanted to be a prissy daddy's little High Elf Princess who was at a rich reception so no, I didn't."

Can I get a link to the specific session where she said this?

My girlfriend would probably smack them across the teeth for saying that, she loves fisting...

It would be interesting to be part of a podcast, but eh. I don't know how to approach it.

>Can anyone recommend some decent podcasts where this doesn't happen?
Try podcasts that don't include women. You'll be surprised how many problems are solved by excluding women. It's almost like there are real mental differences between the genders or something.

No gays or trannies either. I'm all for equality and all that jazz, but I have yet to see any of the above not try to shoehorn their political agenda into a podcast

I tried listening to nerd poker and the people are great but they hardly talk about the game and I don't get all the shit they reference because I'm not murican.

I also tried watching the one that's really well presented with the host with the long hair and the voice actors. Christ almighty though I don't actually know how those people can make the premise of that campaign so fucking boring, I can feel my eyes turning to stone and my skin pealing off and they talk. There's something horrendous about it.

Also I think those guys are the one's who hang out with Wil Weaton or however you spell his name, now I play in a Titansgravs campaign and my GM loves him and links me his shit on youtube but the guy completely lacks the ability to be funny also he has videos where he is literally just swearing and spitting venomously about how evil men are.

Seriously why, you look like a nerd, you make passable nerd content, and you into nerd shit ok, why do you have to fuck up the only likable things about your unfunny ass by being a raving man hater.

How does that even work? He talks like a 40 year old woman who never got over daddy issues.

Are there any podcasts like the one hosted by the guy with long hair that aren't going to stop my heart from how boring they are?

Is this pasta?

What do you mean?

>You'd be hard pressed to find even one in the OSR, GURPS, Chaosium, Traveller etc communities.

This.

Were you trying to say that image example was bad? If so that's not even a 1 on the social justice scale. It'd probably piss off that crowd with that first paragraph highlighted.
Remember that SJW's arent people that believe in equality like regular people do. They want equality of outcome, not opportunity. They'd think some crazy shit like "Since historically women have been discriminated against with the -2 str rule they should now have appropriate bonuses to stats they choose as reparations."

>play a womanizing, schmoozing bard
>doesn't actually know how to deal with return affections, is more used to being turned down
>one of the female party members tries to flirt back
>he spills the spaghetti
>they begin aggressively "pursuing" him as he panics
>lols are had around the table
>character development is had on both ends and it settles into a normal friendship with bickering

I don't partake in podcasts too frequently, but I'd be interested in something like that.

You mean a *joke*? user, your skin is thinner than any feminists.

I like to have something to listen to while playing grindy games. Music simply doesn't cut it for me.

Like what? Every informative podcast I've ever heard of his been bland, entry-level popsci. Every good podcast or radio show boils down to just listening to interesting people talk, I don't know how that's somehow "above" listening in on an RPG session.

This, she was the only one the DM subjected the "what are you wearing" question to at a time when he had a million better questions to ask her.

And she STILL answered it after pointing out how dumb the question was! Meanwhile you has the DM just getting all giggly and bobble-headed as he agreed with everything she said, more interested in getting her approval to move on with the game than even attempt to defend his position.

This confirms , which is supported by the terrible railroad qualities of the campaign. You shouldn't be defending this DM, because he got exactly what he deserved.

just because the DM was a fap-ready idiot, this does not justify political shoehorning. If you feel someone Ia oppressing you, or sexually harassing you, then either show proof and take it to the approriate channels, don't stoop to their level and harass them back. Rights for blacks were not won through violence and and outrage, but through appeal to the good of men

Because you're a GM who wants to see how other people run a game.

If you think something as innocuous as "So you're at the ball, what are you wearing to it?" is a raunchy joke, you're probably a 17th century pilgrim.

>The utter submissive attitude he had when she got angry just confirms he's a weak-willed dork that tried to get his jollies and got called out on it
This right here.
I didn't listen to the podcast and would totally ask that question, maybe first, maybe not.
But if someone got upset over it, I would explain why I asked, not cower.

I literally haven't even heard the podcast, I'm just infuriated you would make a flippant sarcastic insulting remark based on such an asinine standpoint.

I've made it a hobby of mine to react to passive aggression with actual aggression. Works wonders in real life to set faggots straight, as it were.

What the other Anons said is that they filtered away the podcast because the presence of something that absurd in an otherwise heavily edited podcast indicates that it was something the caster was not unwilling to air. This is evidence of absolute retardation and the rational thing to do is to stop wasting your time because time is precious and there's thousands of other things to be doing at any given time.
Not everyone has the time to waste to play FFXIII for 13 hours before "it gets good". There are other games that start better and never need to "get good" and bothering with acquiring a taste for it is counterproductive for someone who doesn't waste his time.

Again, I haven't even heard the podcast, I simply found your response to the other Anons completely insufferable.
posting on Veeky Forums would sort of indicate that there is time to spare I agree so I'll concede a +1 to you for hypocrisy

>Not everyone has the time to waste to play FFXIII for 13 hours before "it gets good".
>tfw enjoyed FF13 the whole way through

I think the opposite, he was trying to give an example of GURPS being a super reasonable system which includes concessions to fun from simulationism while still understanding that reality is what reality does

I hope so, but you can never tell when an idiot hears that SJWs are bad and think that actual equality is also somehow bad. SJW's are bad specifically because they don't actually want equality, they want Orwellian doublethink bullshit dressed as "equality".

>can't deal with 6 minutes of something uncomfortable

>Thinks I'm this easy to manipulate.

I can keep hearing THIS shit podcast, or I can switch to a better one. Why would I stay?

Political shoehorning? She was pointing out the hypocrisy of him asking that question to her alone while pointing out it was probably because she was a woman. The DM didn't bother defending his position because what she was saying was absolutely right.

She reacted with outrage because not everyone can react like Gandhi at an act of harassment by some thirsty-ass DM out of left field. The DM was setting up this big-ass gala event and then suddenly asked "what are you wearing?" I'd be a little miffed too.

This podcast sounds like shit and I have no urge to listen to it but
>eat a peanut/raisin/whatever your least favorite part of trailmix is
>trailmix is shit why would I eat it when there are better things to eat.