Shinobi Quest #11

Shinobi Quest #11

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime spent some time with her new sensei, Itachi Uchiha, and got poked. We also initiated the timeskip, got some training done, and further developed the Stellar Release.

Other urls found in this thread:

naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Dotō_Kazahana
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We join Tsuki the morning of the final day the chunin exams- the Semi-Final and Final matches will be available for the public to watch- a huge event, both for the Leaf, and allied shinobi across the many smaller villages.

Maru came early in the morning to wake you- Father was expecting guests. Not just any guests, either, but important dignitaries from the Land of Snow. Maru wasn’t sure who exactly they were, though.

Internally, you groan. Not only were these people depriving you of sleep, but you will be expected to be with father during the visit. You doubt it will take that long, though, as the timing of the visit implied these Snow people were here to watch the exams as well. It made sense- the Land of Fire and the Land of Snow were military allies.

You…

1. Dress up as expected- flashy, frilly and formal.
2. Something nice, but functional.
3. Don your Konoha shinobi uniform.

>3. Don your Konoha shinobi uniform.

>1. Dress up as expected- flashy, frilly and formal.
Full princess mode.

We're not here in any official capacity, so might as well go full tsukihime

>1
We looking fine today

>3. Don your Konoha shinobi uniform.
We're attending as a young genin hoping to learn some tricks by watching the Chunin examinations, and in doing so see what we're expected to be capable of as chunin.

>2. Something nice, but functional.
sorry, i'm not sorry

deception ohohoho

Why not we rarly get the chance, though lets ask dad what would be most appropriate hmm?

Full princess mode~

Writing.

still a princess

Go 1 so that when we go watch Neji vs Naruto while Nori screams support for naruto, we can be elegant princess looking down towards neji from behind our fan, letting our elegance and approving gaze do the work. With his 360 degree vision he couldn't look away even if he wanted too

>Give him a handkerchief to mark him as our champion
>It has the Main Branch emblem lovingly embroidered on it, just to fuck with him

He's an ass, he's not getting cheered for.

YES

No, we just act like a distraction so he gets beaten.

pft! ha that might be fun but I don't know where we'd get such a thing on such short notice... unless Hinata has one?

We ain't cheering, that's unladylike like, we are merely watching. If he inturprits it that way thats his call. Don't forget if we're a dick he'll take it out on Hinata.

We're made of money, we'll PAY someone to do it quickly.
A lot, if we need to.

but we're here to see him go all out, no point in distracting him, yet

Ah, well I'm not sure how much elegance and approving gaze would be distracting. would work but the gig would be up too early. If we wanted to fuck with him during the match I think the best shot would be exclaim support and than extreme indifference, barely even paying attention to the match.

Well being distractable would surely hurt his shot at chuunin, which with luck and us possibly being in the NEXT chuunin exams might even give Hinata a shot at beating him to chuunin for the ultimate fuck you.

or just like fake kissing hinata or something... or more seriously just get buddy-buddy with naruto since neji seems to hate his guts.

It will be interesting to see this world's version of Naruto.

19% less homoerotic attraction to Sasuke

Best to dress to impress. Especially since you don’t know anything about these dignitaries. Normally you’d ask father, but you expect him to be busy preparing for their arrival himself. You opt to wear a flowing gown of flowing silver, with blue accents to match your hair. You figure it might remind them of the their homeland- and besides, you think it complements your skin quite nicely.
Two hours pass, and finally you hear the telltale sounds of guests arriving- right on time. Punctual, these Snow diplomats. You meet father in the hallway, with him dressed up rather handsomely in a 3-piece suit. Father rarely dresses up, but you’re happy to see him all cleaned up.

“Tsuki, my princess! You are truly a vision to behold!” He bows and presents his hand-

He’s playing at chivalry. Again.

You take his hand. Best to humor him before his big meeting.

He kisses the back of your hand, then gives you a little twirl. You laugh, despite yourself- Father always knows how to brighten your mood.

Interrupting your moment, Danzo appears in the hallway- looking the same as ever.

“Yoru-dono, your guest, General Doto, and his attendants have arrived.” he reports, smiling at the two of you bonding.

“Ah, very well. Come, Tsuki. General Doto is a longtime client of mine- and the leader of the Land of Snow, to boot. He hasn’t seen you in many years- I appreciate that you’ve dressed up for this reunion.” Father says, his goofy smile only half gone.

General Doto… the name was familiar, although you weren’t sure why. Admittedly, you haven’t studied much of the outlying lands beyond those of the 5 Daimyo.

I'm not sure that would do it. Though, Hinata should know him better than we do, we could ask her what she thinks the best shot at fucking up his match would be.

Christ our dad loves associating with bad guys. At some point we need to tap into him to give his opinion of notable potential allies of the leaf so we can do the opposite of whatever he suggests.

I know right?

Fucking arms dealer Dad.

>naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Dotō_Kazahana

we damaged neji's composure just by bringing naruto up in conversation in a vaguely positive tone, but yeah hinata would know the best ways to mess with him.

He probably just sells weapons or something

Part of that was he had laid on the charm and then we responded exactly the opposite of what he'd been aiming for, rather than just Naruto himself. If he'd just managed to not be an ass to Hinata in front of her friend for one minute he would've managed fine, too.

Wait, guys, Dad is NaruTony Stark.

Yup.

Just selling all sorts of murderous stuff to people.

I wonder when we'll hear of a special plan code named Jeriko.

>flowing gown of flowing silver
That's a lot of flowing. Is it Tsukus time of the month?

and I couldn't be prouder, Imagine the puppets he could make for us!

Ah fuck, that could be some awesome shit right there

So is anyone expecting our dad to NOT be in bed with Akatsuki at this point?

Tsuki's. Fucking spell check.

The two of you walk down the central stairway into the foyer- standing there, near Maru, are a group of four people. Three of them look like shinobi- two men, and one woman. On their foreheads, you see the headband of what you assume is Yukigakure- the Village Hidden in Snow.

The fourth man, though, looks nothing like the rest. Tall, and broad of shoulder, wearing what looks to be a military uniform. He wears his hair long- as both of the male Yuki shinobi do, as well. The female has nearly iridescent pink hair, cropped short.

“Ah, General Doto Kazahana! It’s been too long, my friend!” you father greets the group. They all turn to look in your direction.

“Yoru Norihime. It’s good to see you as well. You don’t look like you’ve aged a day in these last 10 years- I don’t think I can boast the same.” Doto says, laughing- his voice is deep, his laugh a thunderous boom.

“I can only imagine this is your precious daughter? She was so small when I saw her last….”

“Why yes! Tsuki, please introduce yourself to the General.” Father says, turning to you.
You….

1. Introduce yourself politely
2. Introduce yourself curtly
3. Don’t say anything.

I think it's more...who cares, we do need a puppet teacher after all

>1. Introduce yourself politely

Derp. One of these days I'll proofread my shit better.

Remember Tsuki, be friendly with customers.

1. Introduce yourself politely
Never be rude to a potential ally

It really has been a long time, a pleasure to be reacquainted i'm sure. curtsy just a little

>We will win the Game of thron...Hats

Lay on that Norihime charm. And curtsy.

>1

It's M. Night Shamalama-sama-kun!

>1.Introduce yourself politely.

Being polite to the nice customer.

Writing.

Quick question how many of the movies are ya going to use?

Case by case basis. You won't be reenacting them, in any rate. I just feel it fleshes out the world more.

all them at the same time

Okay cool. Just curious as now that's two? so far out of 8??

Raiga wasn't in a movie, just a filler arc. Did I mention something out of another movie that I didn't notice?

I thought he was! Sorry my bad. I know about naruto up until the timeskip and the quest threads.

This is why no one likes you sleepy. You are only good for the occasional good roll.

“Tsuki Norihime, General Doto. It is nice to see a family friend again after so long.” you say, curtsying.

“Haha! Family friend indeed! Your father has raised you well, little Norihime. I can only hope you take after your father’s genius.” the large man responds with his booming voice.

“How are things in the Land of Snow, General?” your father asks politely.

“Secure. Prosperous. As always, Norihime, your inventions have never let us down. Worth every ryo we paid for them. Speaking of which, it’s related as to why I’ve stopped by. One of Yuki’s shinobi has performed well enough to be in the semi-finals, and it was a good enough reason as any to see you. I was wondering if that little project of yours has bore any fruit.” Goto says, his last words piquing your interest.

“The ship? No, unfortunately not. I’ve yet to find a reliable way to power the thing without overburdening it. Conventional steam engines are simply too cumbersome. I haven’t given up, mind, but the project itself is on the backburner for now. Contracts with the Fire Daimyo keep me busy enough.” your father says, rather flatly.

“Shame. If I knew of such a resource, I would share it with you- for access to the prototypes, of course.” Goto laughs- although you don’t think he’s joking, either.

The two men exchange more words- pleasantries mostly, with occasional prodding from Goto into your father’s work. But as is normal, your father is mostly tightlipped. This doesn’t seem to irritate Goto, though.

“Very well then, Norihime. We must be off- although I expect to see you both at the exams?” He inquires.

“Tsuki will be there- she is a genin, after all. I cannot promise that I will attend- whole thing is a bit noisy for my tastes.” your father responds.

“Of course. Keep in touch, Norihime. I won’t have the Land of Snow be anything less than what it was destined to be.” Goto says, with some matter of finality.

Eventually, General Goto and his shinobi leave, presumably to head to the exams.
You…

1. Ask Father about Goto.
2. Ask Danzo about Goto.
3. Go ahead and head on to the exams.

>1. Ask Father about Goto.
Then Danzo as we head to the exams.

>2. Ask Danzo about Goto.

Definitely Started calling him "Goto" instead of Doto. Maybe I should crack into that red bull, already.

>2 Ask Danzo about Goto.
He has his ear to the ground on everything, right?

Asking Danzo about Doto.

Writing.

He seems pretty cool desu.

>3. Go ahead and head on to the exams.
He seems like a man whom rules with an Iron fist, nothing wrong with that, but I sense a strong feeling of personal preference, he is doing this for him..not his village.

I had a dream that Tsuki married Shika. They had four kids. Their eldest son had a drill pompour and was the leader of a gang of Greaser ninjas. It was weird.

>drill pompour
>drill
>pompour

user, that's fucking awesome

Who ever we marry, Except Lee cause fuck Leewe must have a son with that hair style.

So we want to have Josuke as our son

As soon as Doto and his men leave, Father exhales loudly.

“He’s a good customer, but he’s a bit stiff. I’m surprised he asked about the ship, though. Haven’t worked on that schematic in a while….”

-and like that, he’s off, walking towards the office, talking to himself. The jacket of the suit is off before he reaches the top of the stairs.

Same old Father.

Once he’s out of earshot, you turn to Danzo.

“So, who exactly was that? We don’t exactly hear much news out of the Land of Snow.” you inquire.
Danzo begins to speak, while still staring at the front door.

“General Doto Kazahana, uncontested ruler of the Land of Snow.” he starts. “Ten years ago, he used a large amount of ryo to buy large amounts of your father’s machine technology- some that hadn’t even been perfected yet. Using these weapons, he armed his men and overthrew the old Daimyo- his older brother. The whole situation was quite violent, really. But it was classified as a civil war of a sovereign nation, and no other Shinobi nation interceded. Once he took power, Doto spent even more money rapidly industrializing the Land of Snow, making great use of it’s swathes of mineral resources. It’s become quite the marvel, so I hear. Steamships, trains and the like. Things the other Daimyo have only sampled with, at best.”

“What about the shinobi village? Yukigakure?” you say.

“Yuki had been on the decline for a very long time. Part of why Doto was so successful was because he didn’t need to rely on them- your father’s weapons were easily usable by peasants as well as shinobi. Although, I do understand that they’ve begun modernizing as well. In a way, one of their genin making it this far in the exams is a big development.”

I was honestly thinking more Kuwabara from YuYu Hakashou. Except not useless. And with better grammar.

Very interesting.

This information….

1. Concerns you. Father is selling weapons and technology to warmongers?
2. Doesn’t apply to you. You aren’t from Yuki, and the Land of Snow is an ally.
3. Interests you. You had no idea father’s contracts were so in demand.
4. Are more interested in the skills of the Yuki ninja than father’s business ventures.
>Write-in

Lee is best husbando.

>Do you think they will be a threat to the leaf?

>4. Are more interested in the skills of the Yuki ninja than father’s business ventures.

>3. Interests you. You had no idea father’s contracts were so in demand.
>4. Are more interested in the skills of the Yuki ninja than father’s business ventures.

Impressed by father's technical skill and business acumen, and also curious at what the Yuki ninja can do.

Lee looks goofy as fuck and would probably have like a 50% chance per child of producing a dud that can't even use our Kekky or any ninjutsu.

>1. Concerns you. Father is selling weapons and technology to warmongers?
Though my flavor for 1 is less warmongers and more foreign countries in general. Shouldn't that be some form of treason?

>3. Interests you. You had no idea father’s contracts were so in demand

Daddy's mechanical expertise would be awesome for building puppets.

were so in demand.
4. Are more interested in the skills of the Yuki ninja than father’s business ventures.

>Lee looks goofy as fuck

That's why I like the idea of him and Tsuki.

Total opposites, but they'd be cute together.

It was mentioned that the Snow is a military ally.

also
3. Interests you. You had no idea father’s contracts were so in demand.

>1. Concerns you. Father is selling weapons and technology to warmongers?
I mean sure that's what weapons DO but ideally you're not selling to someone who immediately proceeds to start up a civil war.

Also good for them. Nice that even with out a strong ninja village they can defend themselves.

It's fascinating stuff Danzo-sama, now I better go get changed to go to the exam and watch the matches