How would you make Stands work in a game?

How would you make Stands work in a game?

A justification/power source and a thematic push towards weirder and more unusual sorts of powers.

By fucking off with your faggot jojo shit.

OR

Sticking to the Super Sunday Stand general thread, you utter faggot.

Any popular supers system and some refluffing.
Next question?

I mostly ask because just stating something would be easy but most stands have specific powers that seem hard to balance.

GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURPS
or mutants and masterminds, come to think of it

GURPS is like the worst possible system for that, and I say that as a huge fan of GURPS, since everything has to be codified, and statted out in every possible application, before the game. Not only does that defeat the fun of improvising new uses of Stand Powers, it also inflates point values hugely, even if most of them are alternate abilities.

go back to /a/

Stands are a neat idea even if...especially if you divorce them from all the gay shit.

Stat them up as familiars if running Anima.
Hell, ZA WARUDO's Timestop power is as simple as taking the Innate Spell ability, grabbing the Stop Time spell from the Time Subpath, and adding in the addendum that Dio, as the master of it, is able to act during the stopped time.

GURPS supers details options for creating new abilities on the fly.
My favorite being wildcard powers, which might handle this pretty well, but asks for some system knowledge to run smoothly.

I haven't run GURPS without wildcard powers in a long time...

>Rule-heavy system
>For a setting where fast-paced everything is ideal

>GURPS fags being GURPS fags
literally the WORST system, its basically FATAL without the magical realm.
way too complicated, makes no fucking sense half the time, and has the WORST player base of any rpg.
I do not understand why so many people can even play that system.

Make it only cost a move action.

It's just a meme at this point. Post "GURPS STRONK!" in a "What system would be good for __?" thread, get loads of replies to the tune of "No, it really isn't good for that."

It's fine to dislike things, user, but coming in to a thread to throw a tantrum about how much you dislike a thing isn't going to convince anyone to stop talking about the object of your disgust.

Filters are a thing, just FYI.

I genuinly fucking mean it when i say GURPS is the worst system.
if you want freedom. play pathfinder, its GURPS without all the autistic math.

>If you want freedom, play pathfinder.

SHut the fuck up GURPS fanboy, just admit your system sucks despite it taking practically a college coarse to run.
at least Pathfinder doesnt make you like it through Stockholm syndrome alone.

Fuck yeah, Anima!

I've actually done something similar a few years back. A friend of mine posed a challenge to pull off Personas (You know, those things that are based off of Stands), and I did it in this system. Familiars would be the way to go, if you want them around all the time, just tweak the stats to suit each Stand's powers. The only thing that would hold you back would probably be the at times shoddy translation.

Wild Talents

>at least Pathfinder doesnt make you like it through Stockholm syndrome alone.

Correct. It also banks on nostalgia for DnD 3.5

>make Stands work

First, I'd call them "Powers" since English already has a definition for the term 'stand' - and that definition is NOT 'power.' Then, I'd realise that since almost all Western systems ALREADY have rules for making supernatural powers work, I'm probably just a tremendous boy-molesting fruit with a vaguely homoerotic jap cartoon obsession who shitposts about it on Veeky Forums, and kill myself.

There's that sorted.

Jojo's Bizarre Tabletop.

Stands a shit, everything after Battle Tendency was dumb.

Most systems with much mechanical depth don't really have room for wildly varied custom spells with specific strange effects while still having methods of making sure they are balanced.

>if you want freedom. play pathfinder