MtG favorite flavor text

Post em and rate em.

;^)

Came here to post this

French version of Grim Backwoods instead
"I love it ! What's the name of their gardener ?" - Liliana Vess

/thread

That's kinda sad.

What seems like a simple flavor text represents everything Phyrexian perfection stands for.

Brilliant

Why is Green the best mana color?

Why did they choose to write it like that? Hella cool tho

"I too shall be brought low by death, but until then, let me bring glory!"

i miss it, when they quoted text from literary sources

its reminder text not flavor text

That is great. I didn't realize they substantially changed flavor texts between languages like this. Anyone have more examples of that?

based giant waifu

It is very flavorful reminder text

This one is one of my favorites

LOVE ISNT ALWAYS ON TIME

WOAH WOAH WOAH

The cards name and flavor are hillarious

>This is trying too hard
>This is comedy gold

Remember goofy flavor text is only okay when it is on pre-8th edition bordered cards.

goofy flavor text is fine whenever its actually funny

neither werebear nor mortify have funny flavor text

Honestly, Goblin flavor texts always warrant a chuckle.

>decent pun vs. heh nothing personnel kiddo

Are you enlightened by your own intelligence?

What is this? Loss: the Prequel?

"Don't mourn for me, it's my destiny."

Kamigawa has the best flavor.

World Cup Promo.

man, Sensei Hisoka is a real bummer to talk to, huh

Countless lives were lost and the war ended in a crushing defeat for the samurai. Hisoka was completely right.

card named "death stroke" i think (BB, destroy target tapped creature) the picture of a warrior dressed in black and gold striking down an angel. lead me to read about the adventures of the weatherlight, fell in love with the love story and tragedy of the Guardian angel Selenia, and the young noble named Crovax.
I have my Crovax the accursed edh, and in currently on the hunt for a Selenia to complete the set, so they can at least battle forever together...
probably want to make a Selenia and ascendant evicar. and that white time spiral one.

It's either this or Fall of the Gavel.

I've been trying forever to get my hands on a German Worldly Tutor for EDH solely because of the flavor text.

You mean your Crovax is looking for Selenia? Fitting I guess.

The whole card's flavor is just perfect to me

>scared.jpg

Yeah but you don't gotta be a dick about it

No storm crow?

this is why it's going to have to be a trade. not going to order that shit no matter how bad I want it...

Lim-Dûl always had something cool to say.

The Seer's Parables in general was a great read.

I see you are a man of taste.

This, at least before they made Eldrazi just simple giants weak to friendship fire :^)

This one is so badass. The art and effect together make it fit the flavor perfectly.

It's interesting to note that the two card combo that took down Kozilek and Ulamog would be completely ineffective against Emrakul.
I think what they did is smart - they killed off the two Eldrazi no one really cared about, set up the third one to wreck shit on a fan favorite plane where it's powers and effects can really shine and even fit in with the theme.

Damn that's a good one.

Like, even now, the land keeps burning. Really shows you how intense and magical those flames are.

Hmm. Sunlight?

it's wind actually

Ah, sure. That works

>tfw Emrakul was my least favourite
Ulamog had the best pose, Kozilek has the best looking drones and Emrakul's just the most powerful card so of course it's popular.

Emmy a cute! Cute!

Posting some of my favorites

>not posting the best one

that flavor text is a better read than the original one

I like your style, but I prefer the one about watching the gates being watched by gatewatchers keeping an oath to watch the oathwatched gate.

wind

>Oh right. The Oath. The Oath of the Gatewatchers. The Oath takn specifically by the Gatewatchers. The Gatewatchers Oath.

Fuck that's hard.

My favorite part about this is how the flavor texts changes in one edition.

Excellent art, flavour text is even better.

>Emmy the aeons tsundere

They're coming

kek

This is my favorite (at least among the non-comedic ones) because of how well it works with the card's abilities and lore.

My favorite as a child.