Board Games General /bgg/ - 2 Cool 4 School Edition

The old General is nearly retired... Say hello to the new general - same as the old general.

Pastebin-o-goodness:
pastebin.com/PkAVzU3T

> How large is your current board game collection?

> If you are still expanding your collection, how often do you buy games?

> What is your typical gaming budget / amount spent when shopping for new games?

> If you back games on KS, how often / how many do you typically back at one time?

> What is that one game that you really like and why, even if it isn't the best example of that type of game? Alternate: What is the best deal you've ever gotten on a game you really like?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.401games.ca/catalog/7513481/eldritch-horror---signs-of-carcosa-expansion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>> How large is your current board game collection?
Big.
>> If you are still expanding your collection, how often do you buy games?
Yes.
>> What is your typical gaming budget / amount spent when shopping for new games?
Lots.
>> If you back games on KS, how often / how many do you typically back at one time?
Many.
>> What is that one game that you really like and why, even if it isn't the best example of that type of game? Alternate: What is the best deal you've ever gotten on a game you really like?
Duke.

About 135 games - not counting expansions, etc.

I was buying monthly / bi-monthly, but I've slowed down.

>> What is your typical gaming budget / amount spent when shopping for new games?

When I was buying frequently I was spending about $100 - $120 per order.

>> If you back games on KS, how often / how many do you typically back at one time?

I usually don't back more than 2 or 3 at once and I'm not backing anything now.

>> What is that one game that you really like and why, even if it isn't the best example of that type of game?

I really like 7 Wonders - I didn't think I'd like a resource management / drafting mechanics game, but I do.

>How large is your current board game collection?
Not very large, about 10 games. Group I play with has maybe 50-60 together?

>If you are still expanding your collection, how often do you buy games?
When a game I'm interested in, and I judge others in my group also will be interested in, I'll buy it (if it's available).

>What is your typical gaming budget / amount spent when shopping for new games?
$60-$100 or so I guess.

>If you back games on KS, how often / how many do you typically back at one time?
Haven't done so as of yet.

>What is that one game that you really like and why, even if it isn't the best example of that type of game?
Like the previous poster probably 7 Wonders, for the same reasons.

Nice, throw up a bunch of pics of it when it gets delivered, it certainly looks well-produced!

About 30 games

every month

> What is your typical gaming budget / amount spent when shopping for new games?

at least 50€ / month

> If you back games on KS, how often / how many do you typically back at one time?

NEVER AGAIN

> What is that one game that you really like and why, even if it isn't the best example of that type of game? Alternate: What is the best deal you've ever gotten on a game you really like?

I like C&C: Napoleonics for simple, fast-playing rules with historical feel

Hey /bgg/, I have a question for you all.

About 20 years ago, my folks gave me a board game whose name I cannot remember. It had a dual sided board filled with a variety of fantasy locations - towns, mines, mountains, lairs, etc - and in the middle was a portal of some type that would allow you to flip the board if entered. It had several colored adventurer playing pieces, and one black playing piece that was twice as large with a horned helmet that I believe was supposed to either represent the big bad or pursue the players.

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what it was, but too much good living has filled my brain with nonsense. Does any of that sound familiar?

Key to the Kingdom. One of the trashiest of old ameritrash games. All substance and no style. But damn if that board wasn't awesome.

>All substance and no style
Erp, all style and no substance. But you get what I mean.

Well fuck me, that was quick. Thanks.
Some serious nostalgia - I dont think I ever actually played it, just leafed through the box a bunch.

Very small. I only started a year or two ago. 22 if I count expansions, which I do.

Usually when I have some money to spare. Though no matter how hard things get, that seems to be every 4-6 months. I generally spend $100 to $150 at a time though, as CSI gives free shipping and I can enjoy all the new games at once. I JUST bought:
-Kemet Ta Seti expansion
-Exodus Proxima Centauri
-Federation & Empire (2010 reprint)

Minimum $100, which is why I buy them rarely. I don't want to lose valuable game money every time I have to pay shipping. I also try to grab things on sale and use discounts.

Never happen. I've never backed and I never will.

Xia Legends of a Drift System is a game I'm in love with but doesn't very well represent the pick up and deliver genre as it spreads itself out into other "adventurey" things, though it doesn't accurately represent an adventure either since you'd have to have your own narrative. However it's an excellent game and straight up replaces Firefly the Board Game all things considered.

52 base games on hand according to BGG, not counting duplicates / standalone expansions. Many, possibly even most, of those have expansions and promos mixed in.

Way more often than I should. I keep saying that I need to slow down but it never seems to take. Maybe this will be the time, though.

Gotta get that free shipping. No, really; I could pay $20 for shipping or $40 on more games and get free shipping. It's really a no brainer.

I seem to back a game every month and a half or so. More often than I should, definitely. I do my research, though. Of the 14 KS campaigns that have delivered to me to date only one has been actually disappointing. A couple haven't gotten played like I would've liked, mostly due to me having too many two player games while simultaneously never playing two player games, but 13 of the 14 games I've received have been good games.

I really enjoy Loop Inc. It got panned pretty hard by reviewers, but for me it's just got this nice mix of lighthearted theme and what-the-fuck-have-I-done-with-my-life gameplay. It's not for everyone, and it's not something you want to sit down and math out and 'solve' like some people are wont to do, but it's a lot of fun if you just go by the seat of your pants and decide to figure things out as you go.

Not too big, only really got into the hobby in January:
Zombicide Black Plague
Roll for the Galaxy
Splendor
Pandemic + On The Brink
Mysterium
Neuroshima Hex 3.0
King of Tokyo
Codenames
Sushi-Go
Good Cop, Bad Cop
Space Alert
Battlecruisers
Once Upon A Time
Cards Against Humanity
(KS) Xenoshyft: Dreadmire
(KS) Dark Souls
(KS) Anachrony

I'm trying to limit myself to 1 big purchase a month. Maybe 1-2 smaller purchases.

>What is your typical gaming budget / amount spent when shopping for new games?
I want to stay under $100 CAD per month.

>If you back games on KS, how often / how many do you typically back at one time?
I factor in my KS backing into my budget, so I've only backed a game once a month so far. It really depends on how large the investment is, I'd be willing to back multiple smaller games if I like them.

>Alternate: What is the best deal you've ever gotten on a game you really like?
I really like Xenoshyft:Onslaught, which I got for free after getting Tabletop Simulator when it was 50% of Steam.

current games i own:
dominant species
specter ops
fury of dracula
pandemic
game of thrones the board game + expansions
headbandz
doomtown reloaded base set
sequence
chess
scategories
monopoly
the gallerist
betrayal at the house on the hill + expansion on preorder
scabble
numble
dixit
rook
phase ten
the resistance avalon

i want sushi go party when it comes out, as well as a bunch of other games but ill have to wait before i can spend more $ on this

Pic related. 3 or 4 not pictured.

1-2 cheaper ones/month or a larger pack every 3 or 4 monhs.

$50-$100 per month.

I don't back them, mostly because of how stupidly expensive and shitty delivery outside the US is.

I like Catan, sue me. No other game combines its mechanics into such an accessible game like Catan does, I've introduced more than a few people to boardgames with it. If only there were a way to mitigate the RNG, people wouldn't hate it as much.

Has anyone else played Colosseum? I played it last weekend and it was a blast. It has a lot of mechanics and surprisingly enough they work well together.

Something like 65 games. Healthy, but not ridiculous. Yet.
Right now I think I'm slowing to maybe six games a year as a goal.
I tend to spend in $100 increments, what with free shipping from online retailers kicking in at that point, probably like most people.
I try to keep it to > What is that one game that you really like and why, even if it isn't the best example of that type of game?
Chaosmos is probably just a hair too random (and it's art a hair too hokey) to be a GOOD ameritrash, but it's unabashed embrace of that nature and it's unique mechanics make it more than worthwhile.

>specter ops
>fury of dracula
How's Specter Ops compare with Fury of Dracula? I'm torn between the two.

Specter Ops is faster, less fiddly, has more interesting player powers.
Fury of Dracula is more tense, less random, and is probably a little tighter mechanically.

Games I own.

Betrayal at House on the Hill
Sushi Go
Superfight
Bad Medicine
Bang!
Last Night on Earth
Barbarossa
Patchwork
Hull Breach (Corporate Wars)
Escape: Curse of the Temple
Red Dragon Inn 1-3
Pandemic
Love Letter
Cheaty Mages
Puerto Rico
Ninja Dice (KS'ed)
Zpocalypse (Ninja Dice reward)
Vast: The Crystal Caverns (KS)
Crimson Creek (KS)
Dethroned (KS)
Dark Souls (KS)

So what recent releases doesn't suck?

51st State Master Set is pretty baller.

About 50 titles, in about a span of two to three years.
Little less then befor but about a title a month maybe.
I often get a nicfe deal from a second hand trading group or from one of the many retailers localybut I don't really have a set budget.
I haven't done many and I usually only do them with a friend spliting the postage.
>> What is that one game that you really like and why, even if it isn't the best example of that type of game? Alternate: What is the best deal you've ever gotten on a game you really like?
I've gotten a few favorits at 30% to 50% off. Recently got Kemet for 20% off and that's shrink wrapped not second hand.

>51st State Master Set
I'm a sad panda that I didn't get the pre-order version.

>So what recent releases doesn't suck?
Ashes: Rise of Phoenixborn and Star Wars: Rebellion seem to be popular in my Facebook feeds.

>i want sushi go party when it comes out
Me too. Sushi Go have been a hit to get females to play games at work and with the board game club so I hope it'll bring a bit more to the game as I myself is a bit tired of Sushi Go by now.

hell yeah!

too big

too often

100 Euro

one at a time.

Starcraft. Almost never ever hits the table but the one summer it did. damn it's the best strategy game EVER!

OKAY!

Can anyone give me a reson to not buy Rebellion, then?

>Can anyone give me a reson to not buy Rebellion, then?
Star Wars

Given the success of previous games in the COIN series I'd assume Falling Sky will "not suck," so long as you're interested in that type of game.

>tfw CSI still doesn't have Falling Sky in stock
>my preorder is just sitting there taunting me
I wants it. I wants it bad.

I have a dozen or so games, pruned down from ~30

>>If you are still expanding your collection, how often do you buy games?

I rotate games rather than expanding the collection. I'm not in a "buy lots of new stuff" phase at the moment - pretty content with the stable. Though I do have my eye on a few things.

Budget isn't a consideration. If a game offers interesting mechanics and quality components, I'll pay the price. If there is a high-quality collector's edition available, or aftermarket component upgrades that significantly enhance the experience, I'll go that route.

>> What is that one game that you really like and why, even if it isn't the best example of that type of game?

Reef Encounter.
It's just good. It blends an interesting area control abstract with an interesting draft mechanic and interesting scoring/endgame mechanic.

Maybe there are euros which do what it does better, but I don't know of them.

I like Specter Ops more than Fury due to a few reasons.

Everyone can start anywhere in Fury of Dracula, but the first few turns for the hunters will always be the same in order to foster success, they will have to spam Mina's ability and try to block choke points to ding as many sections as possible to try and narrow the net to even have a chance.

In Specter Ops, the starting positions are set but you have a wider range of things you can do early game to change the way things will play out.

Specter Ops also has much better support for differing player counts. It supports the full 2-5 relatively well while providing some differences for every player count(love the traitor mode at max players), while Fury is incredibly inflexible as there are ALWAYS 4 hunters and one dracula and you'll have to divvy up the hunters between players.

Additionally Specter Ops can be explained in just a few minutes while Dracula will take quite a while to fully teach how it operates. Your first game of Specter Ops might take 1.5-2 hours (like the box says) so long as you don't have serious AP people and will quickly shrink down to a more fast paced thrill ride. But there is absolutely no change at getting Fury to sub 3.5-4 hours until you've played a good 4 or 5 games. The 2-3 hours on the box is a bold faced lie.

TL;DR To me, Fury has an inflexible play style, is bloated with way too much interlocking systems and rules, and is insanely long for what it does. While Specter Ops has a bit more freedom is strategy, has only just as many rules as it needs, and can be played nearly three times in a row for each game of Fury.

Also I find Specter Ops more tense as it's easy to lose the 'tense' sensation when you're three hours in and looking at a whole 'nother hour. While Specter Ops ends quickly enough to preserve the tension to the last few turns.

I already bought Liberty or Death

I've yet to play a game of specter ops with the traitor that didn't make said traitor feel very confused and useless - have any advice for me to pass on other than "try to cover areas the other hunters aren't covering so maybe the agent can slip through, but don't be too obvious about it"?

Well I know I wont like it but not everyone shares my taste in game so..?

Anyone got the Star Realms app? Let's play

>anachrony
>every leader box but salvation got 1000-1500 backers
>salvation got 500 backers
Of course I got Salvation just to be a hipster. Any reason why people wouldn't like it?

I got Salvation as well, user. I actually like their color scheme. Dark ruddy brown master race. The Pilgrimechs are cool too.

Repostan from ded thred.
When is Amazon gonna get the Signs of Carcossa expansion? Why do CSI and FFG have it and no other retailer?

Very nice collection

I was a big fan of Tropico for the PC, think I'd enjoy Junta?

>religious faction
It's cool to hate on religion.

If you're in the US or Canada, these guys have some in stock:
store.401games.ca/catalog/7513481/eldritch-horror---signs-of-carcosa-expansion

>store.401games.ca/catalog/7513481/eldritch-horror---signs-of-carcosa-expansion
Cheaper and quicker to use CSI.
Fugg, I'll just wait for Amazon to stock it. Thanks anyway.

>Fugg, I'll just wait for Amazon to stock it. Thanks anyway.

Why? Do they offer better prices than CSI? I know there are occasional sales, but most of the time CSI beats their prices.

I had no idea Kemet got an expansion. Worth it? I've been playing with a new group and it hasn't gotten a lot of play lately but I love the game.

>Do they offer better prices than CSI?
I share a Prime account, and the two-day shipping often makes up for an extra couple bucks, especially when ordering under $100 means I usually don't save on CSI at all, and I'm not spending $100 just to justify getting Carcosa.

I like everything it adds quite a bit, but. . . it does make the game feel a little like it ate too much. One of the great things about Kemet is how quick and light on it's feet it is, and as a whole the expansion definitely impacts that a little. But if you find yourself wishing there was a little more meat on it's bones or a little longer, you absolutely need it.

>Worth it?
The expansion, if it were a standalone, would be better than the main game, that's how good it is.

Just the battle cards, the DI cards, and the dawn phase are worth it, you don't have to use the new pyramids and Ta-Seti.

Petersen Games (guys who made Cthulhu Wars) appears to be making a game based off of either the Divine Comedy or the Book of Revelations (possibly both). They posted pic related, which apparently contains the symbol for the "Second Circle", and their website teaser includes the text:

>"They have taken the way of Cain…
>Wandering stars…for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever.
>…and I heard the noise of thunder…"

The quote, I forgot to mention, is portions of Jude 1:11 through 1:13. So, yeah, definitely biblical.

First ever play of Mansions of Madness yesterday. One experienced Keeper vs 3 total newbs, victory for the Keeper, who had this devious little grin all game long, and gloated a bit after the game...
...which woulda been fine in any other circumstance, except I was already frustrated and in a bad mood cus my investigator did nothing but run around the mansion squealing like a stuck pig.

I get horror is the main element of the game's theme, but seriously, I can't deal with not having control of my own character, and bad rolls only amplified the frustration.

The maniac is after you?
Roll for horror.
The lights are out?
Roll for horror.
You hit something?
Roll for horror.
Something hit you?
Roll for horror.
Nothing eventful happened?
Roll for horror because fuck you, the keeper can do that kinda shit.

It was fun in a masochistic sort of way, but I'm not itching to repeat the experience again.

They also posted that on 06.06.16 which is the closest you can get to 666.

I hope it's not a reskin of CW, I'm a sucker for themes like that.

There's so much Pathfinder Card Game stuff, what do I get? What's good beyond the base game?

Hello page 10 my old friend

faction leader looks like quasimodo
colour scheme is boring
faction backstory is rubbish "religion is useful for brainwashing retards" (well no shit)

>What is the best deal you've ever gotten on a game you really like?

Anyone else starting to see some depth to board games being offered at the local 'big box' store? I was surprised to find copies of 'Blokus' for $20 and nice copies of Mancala for under $10 with a folding wooden board. They've also had other 'party' games like Telestrations, etc.

Was nearly 200 games but I'm selling about 30 right now.

Whenever I see something I really want. Simple as that. Could be twice a month, could be a lot less.

Once again, very dependant on what I'm looking for. I'm a pretty big spender when I want to though.

I don't believe I've ever backed more than one at a time. I don' see this happening unless one of the games is very cheap. I tend to back monster games that end up costing 200 dollarinos.

> What is that one game that you really like and why, even if it isn't the best example of that type of game?

I really love Ghostbusters, even though as far as coops go, it's kind of weak. Bustin' makes me feel good. What can I say ?

>What is the best deal you've ever gotten on a game you really like?

I once found copies of Roadzters for under 3 euros. so I bought three copies, painted the cars an assortment of different colors and BOOM, 12 player RoadZters on hueg tracks. Makes the game even better than pitchcar/carabande in my humble opinion.

I really wish our local stores would pack more board games other than Monopoly, another version of Monopoly, a movie tie-in version of Monopoly, a locally produced knock-off version of Monopoly, and Scrabble.

>math trade results come in
>organizer declares them final
>see that I'm getting a copy of Star Trek Fleet Captains
>look at the expansions, I know from past research that they've been out of print and hard to find for a long time
>learn that WizKids found some stock of the expansions in a warehouse somewhere a month ago
>Amazon has one copy of each left, CSI has one copy of one of them left
>drop $100 on two expansions to a game I don't even have in hand yet
I've got a problem.

On the upside, four players games of Star Trek: Fleet Captains are now possible.

I'd say you made the right decision.

I'm going to Dice Tower Con in July, should I try and marathon a Kingdom Death game while I'm there?

If so, you figure I should just use tokens or markers, or say fuck it and bring enough plastic to draw attention?

Also, I've never had a room in the hotel proper before. Should I load up all the stuff I might play, or just the rarer or more expensive games? I've got about three bookshelves worth.

Lastly,anyone else from here planning on going?

tfw I've had both expansions for 18 months and still haven't played with either because everyone would rather play 4-player TI3 than 4-player Fleet Captains.

> Board Game Crack-dealer
> Gets junkies hooked on TI3-crack
> Complains junkies to busy getting crack to try Fleet-Captains-amphetamines.

First world problems...

>I've got a problem.

No, what you'll have is a complete collection and that's what really matters. ;)

I sold half a dozen at UK Games Expo... but then I bought a bunch more, but they're a lot smaller, space-wise!
Every couple of months - depends if there's anything I really like on sale for a good price.
£20-30 when buying online, about £80 at UK Games Expo
Two at the very most.
Ankh Morpork has quite a bit of set-up, but it's also my favourite game ever.

Just over 100 games not counting expansions.

I'll usually make a purchase every month of one or two games. My collection has gotten to the point where I can start rotating things out and am looking at selling some games that don't get played.

I budget for around $100-150 a month.

Too often and too many. I've got about 2k USD out on about 10 projects. Just waiting for them to deliver. Realizing I've got a b
it of a problem, I'm going to hold myself to a '1-in-1-out' sort of deal. Not going into any more kickstarters until one delivers.

Thunderstone: Advance is my favorite deckbuilder, and favorite game in general. It's got the perfect level of competitive and interaction for me. You can't really be boned that hard like you can in star realms/ascension from buy row draws as the items and heroes are always out there and available. Trains would be a close second for its cool mechanics of train building, but I like the theme in Thunderstone much better.

>tfw Americans think their box art of KttK was perfect
You guys don't know shit

Anyone played Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower?

I'm close to pulling the trigger but concerned that it lacks complexity and is too simple.

Thoughts?

The US version would have been better without the pics of the kids. That version looks good, but in a nes box art kind of way.

First board game I ever played. Lost it ages ago, then someone up and decided to sell it for like 10 bucks nearby. Got it for nostalgias sake. Holy shit that game is bad. Beautiful, but bad.

In other news, someone was selling their black plague kickstarter in the local area for 160 bucks. Was thinking of jumping on it, but was like, nah, maybe if it doesnt sell and i can get him down to 100 maybe. Get a notification that someone in another group is selling the same knight pledge for 400 bucks, laughed heartily. If people are stupid enough to buy games at that kind of gouging, I wonder how worth it it would be to get extra pledges for AAA games and undercut other sellers.

Also also, anyone see that new dungeoncrawler from fantasy flight games? Am I the only one who thinks they kind of said "Hey guys, the new zombicide board setup really works, lets make another descent game with a different name and use a board!" I mean, a lot of board games kind of follow the same setting and story line, but that...ah, massive darkness, seems incredibly uninspired

Erm, cool mini or not, not fantasy flight. So i guess it's not a complete rehash, but still comes across as really bland.

I was about to say that, but yeah. It's basically Zombicide with a campaign system. If that's something you like then woo, but the rest of us can just sit this one out.

Just seems like they could have done SOMETHING besides making it that generic. I was sold on The Others 7 Sins because it's descent, but with a world of darkness setting, which I can absolutely get behind. Not so much "high fantasy dungeon romp #738"

Page 10 begone!

>"high fantasy dungeon romp #738"

I think I've played that RPG...

If you're not using the models for something else it's a MASSIVE waste of money.

My Eldritch Horror box doesn't close and I don't even have the Mountains of Madness expansion yet.

either take the insert out or leave mountains in its own box.

Thats entirely subjective, and related to ones personal income.

The cost is not important to me, and is literally the same price as 1 hour with Candy, so whether I spend it on time with her or on Silver Tower I'm going to be getting fucked either way.

The question I asked is regarding complexity.

>Thats entirely subjective
Not when you compare the marginal utils per dollar to the utils provided by the game.

The game is bad.
If you like the minis, there is value in the game.
If you don't like the minis, there is no value in the game.

>Its not subjective
Of course it fucking is.

>the game is bad
Expand please

>take the insert out

Everytime I see Cmon kickstarters go into 100Ks it just boggles my mind. I mean they're clearly nothing but an excuse to just shit out a bunch of miniatures and yet people keep gobbling them up.

At least Cthulhu Wars and KD had a bit of depth or quality behind them.

In their defense, I think most of the cmon stuff are good intro games for people not really into board games. Simple rules, nice components & mini's, easily understood themes, etc. They don't hold a candle to anything beyond intro tier, but they have their place and I'm not surprised they keep having 6 figure kickstarters.

That being said I'd never back one due to all the exclusive content bullshit.

I recently found the old ICE board game Riddle of the Ring in my cupboard, which I've not played since I was a small child. Is it any good?

I'm looking for games to play with my gf. She isn't that into boardgames, but will play with me if I prepare everything else (find games, learn rules), and I need more suggestions.
I like games with hidden roles, but I guess it's hard for 2p games to have that. I also like asymmetrical gameplay. She isn't receptive to heavier games yet.

So far we played and enjoyed
>Carcassonne
>Hive
>Blokus 3D, normal Blokus is okay if overplayed
>Splendor

Hit and miss
>MTG. We got some 30-card intro decks at some event. She thinks that learning to play Adventure Time: Card Wars was a gateway to MTG. But MTG wasn't enjoyable all the time because she felt it was too verbose (English isn't our native language)

Yet to tried
>Ticket to Ride (we're going to try USA, Europe, Nordic Countries)
>Small World (it's the only lighter asymmetrical game I know of)
>Stone Age (possibly the heavier one we're going to try first)
>Pandemic, Hanabi (she thinks she won't like co-op games, but we don't know that yet)
>Sushi Go
>The Duke (we both play Xiangqi and Chess periodically)
>Dominion

Imperial Settlers is a good 2-player game. It can be played with up to 4 people, but the play-time gets too long by that point.

I think you might like Neuroshima Hex too.

>Imperial Settlers, Neuroshima Hex
Reading up on them right now, how do they compare with each other and Small World?

We're probably going to print-and-play The Duke, Onitama and Santorini next week too

That's a key, it doesn't do SHIT! Use the sword you idiot!

Fun 2-player games I own that I recommend

Jaipur - easy to teach, easy to learn, no text whatsoever.

Blueprints - same as the above, but could leave you wanting a little more.

Realms series - again, few amount of text and easy to learn, playing a chain of card effects can be a little fiddly(?) though. Try it on your phone first for free.

Memoir 44 - most of the rules are given in the cards, and only some of the command cards are text heavy. Plenty of plastic figures to play around with too.

Netrunner - probably a miss if you find MTG too verbose, but as an asymmetrical game with hidden information, it's a great upgrade from other card games, even with just the core set.

Galaxy Truckers (fun, if a bit random)
Patchwork
Castles of Burgundy

These three are great
I like Neuroshima better than Small World, though I'd pick Small World when playing more than 2 people.

Imperial Settlers is a heavily card driven game when you're trying to make your empire prosper. There are 4 different nations that you can play, so there's plenty of replayability. You can make many amazing plays and combos in this game. Player interaction is a bit limited, mostly in form of razing opponent's buildings. Expansion adds some more player interaction. The game is fun without it, but I recommend it nonetheless.

Neuroshima Hex is a unique tactical game. The objective is simple - either destroy the enemy HQ or make sure that it took more damage than yours. There are 4 armies (decks made out of titular hexes) and each match-up plays a little bit differently, so again - plenty of replayability. The rules are simple, but it might take a match or two to full get it - I really couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I can't move my deployed unit tiles whenever I wanted. There are plenty of expansions, each adds 1 additional army to the fry and each of them is unique too. I love it how many different match-ups are there with the extra armies.

Small World I really wouldn't recommend for 2 players. If you have at least 4 players then the map really starts to feel small.

If you really like asymmetrical games, then I also recommend Neuroshima: Convoy. It's a bit more complex. Not hard to learn, but at times you really need to use your head to make the best play. One player is the Moloch - a rogue AI controlling a massive army of deadly robots trying to reach post-apocalyptic New York and blast it from the face of earth. The other player is Outpost - mankind's last hope against the machines. Moloch has strong units, but can't use all of them before he reaches New York. Outpost prefers guerilla warfare, with many special effects and abilities, but their units are lacking in pure power.

>Realms series
i.e Star Realms, Cthulhu Realms?

>Netrunner
Just to be clear, is it Netrunner Or Android: Netrunner?

Thanks for all the suggestion /bgg/!
Are board games paper crack?

>i.e Star Realms, Cthulhu Realms?
Yeah. Both of them play similarly, but Cthulhu Realms uses only icons for effects, with their meanings explained on the player board. It also has a more complex combo system than Star Realms I feel.

>Just to be clear, is it Netrunner Or Android: Netrunner?
Both of those usually refer to the LCG produced by FFG, but Android: Netrunner is probably more accurate.

Android: Netrunner. It's my favorite card game and I successfully taught the base set to my mother (she also plays magic, hearthstone and a few different video games though so she's been into the hobby for a while).

You'd be hard-pressed to find a copy of the Cyberpunk 2020 (original) Netrunner nowadays.

There's actually a pretty healthy supply of original netrunner cards on ebay.
Not that I'm entirely sure why anyone would want them other than maybe some of the art - the original game had some pretty huge problems.

There was a CP2020 supplement that let you convert ONR cards into CP2020 things, so people might want them for that as well.

I suppose with enough time, dedication, and absolute madness you could convert from ANR to ONR to CP2020 and make an Android RPG that way, but I don't know enough about the mechanics of the two games to have any idea how hard that would be.

>Expansion adds some more player interaction
The "Why Can't We Be Friends" expansion?

Thanks for the clarifications!

Not getting any replies in my thread so...

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on CMON's published games? I just backed Massive Darkness on Kickstarter and picked up Zombicide Black Plague. I'm a mini painter as well as a board gamer and it seems like their games are a good intersection on my hobbyist venn diagram. There are plenty of zombicide painting tutorials and they seem to have a lot of good content on their channel and a wide variety of games and video content. Kind of surprised, did they really make a jump from just being a miniature showcasing website to being a Veeky Forums publishing powerhouse? You guys have any of their games you like more than others? Any kickstarter nightmare experiences or have they been pretty good?