Character Art : Hinterland

Village folk, people in the wilds, maybe even wild folk, travelers, entertainers, traders. Caravans and perhaps even art of the wilds themselves.

Opposed to the last times, I can't think of much to say. Thats probably life. I mean fine. What a slip.

Maybe theres not much to say about the pictures related here - they're more of people than places after all.

I like the closeups, they seem easier to use for character art. When it comes to something with setting, I like the movement to be less than more. The sense of suspense here is really cool.

Be wary.

I need to work more witches into my setting
witches, crones and wise women in general are freaking awesome. evil, indifferent or otherwise fringe of society casters of whatever power range always make for fun world flavor.

I'll see what I can find.

Unless that wasnt a request, but it looks like im posting stuff anyways.

I cant find anything with quite the same flavor as the first one. At least these are vaguely on theme.

This one is not as subtle as the others.

"Juana Galana" is either the artist name, or the historical name of this witch. Or maybe I'm completely off.

It might be useful to have wise men with a similar feeling, but the female witch thing feels cooler as a trope.

Not quite a witch, but it would be neat to blend those tropes. Obviously not benevolent, but I wonder about Gorgons the same way I wonder about Minotaur. Wasn't there some interpretation or discovery that the Minotaur was actually the king's son, and that the Labyrinth was constructed to protect, not trap him?

I'd like to request medeival era old men dressed for battle and still looking competent despite their advanced age.

Think Cohen the barbarian.

I haven't read much Pratchett but the reference is helpful.

Is this the sort of thing?

I like his hat.

Let's see what we can do.

While i keep posting, I'd like to request landscape shots, colossal buildings ideally but really anything is fine.

Yes, just like that.

Not dressed for direct war, but it looks like he's taking a part of some kind.

He has kind of an "ugh" look on his face.

Sorry, i know these aren't terribly relevant to what u want.

Don't have much medieval.

Solemn - perhaps this is after combat? Or maybe he knows his side will lose.

I feel inclined to share this whenever I come across it.

And a related one

I dont see a lot of painted/detailed orcs. He looks somewhat angry/annoyed/disgusted. I guess all those emotions are pretty close. Or maybe thats just his neutral face. That'd suck.

Hope you can use some of this

Quality thread. Especially earlier part.
I don't remember a character art thread I saved so much pictures since a while, and it's only at 40 now.

Old fighting men are over, returning to the main theme of the thread

Does anyone have light rogue-ish types with a bandana covering their mouth?

Sorry, nothing like that in my folders

Looking for a ace/pilot type of portraits. Mostly cyberpunk/wh40k type of stuff but I would gather other ones aswell. Much appreciated guys

Also a nope I'm afraid

oh, I found something. Not REALLY roguish by rpg meaning though

Must be a knight with Stannis

He looks pretty smug with his scarf-hood-bear.

Saw post late, also I can't say I have a lot. Doesn't feel entirely relevant.

So I think this isn't technically cyberpunk. I dont know if it has a better distinction though.

Might be fitting for the next topic. Hmm.

im looking for a Goblin Portrait, preferably if the goblin is either on fire or in a suit of armor or both

What kind of goblin? And what kind of armor?

Shiny/Holy Armor if possible, aiming for a werid Goblin Paladin

Anyone got any glaive/naginata wielders?

I NEED ART OF BLOOD KNIGHTS, OR THINGS THAT LOOK LIKE THEM

VAMPIRE D00DS IN 15TH CENTURY PLATE ARMOR.