The Official MTG Snowstorm Thread

Welcome to the flake thread!

Previously:
REMEMBER TO SEND ME A DESCRIPTION OF YOUR CHARACTER IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY DONE SO. See Elsewise: Color Pie debates. Alternate color pie . Daily reminder from our lord and savior that all our flakes our shit. Other snowflakes need exposure. Flake ball. A new friend for Serena. Debating on the nature of the Mending.

Previous thread: Writefagging last time:

The flake ball part 1: The flake ball part 2: Alternate flake ball (sample): REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come.
>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Don't respond to troll posts, including this one.

Will do, Señor Jackass.

Desnak does sound like a good name for a villain, tho.

If you love Avacyn, let Nahiri go.

Eh?

Fuck you, Nahiri. I can't wait until Sorin rips your heart out.

Forgive Nahiri.
It's what Avacyn would have wanted

Working on my new mantis flake from a few threads back. I have no idea what kind of cards to give him or what deck mechanic he should use. Ideas? Thoughts?

Also, that user who wanted to do some team-ups with this guy, let me hear from ya.

Is it? Regardless of why she did it she caused a horrible amount of pain to Avacyn and her entire plane, a friendly reminder for you that Avacyn has killed angels for things far, far less horrible than this.

The avacynian church isn't big on forgiveness beyond giving the werewolves a chance to live something like normal lives. I like to imagine she did at least lay Mikeus back to rest.

Of course, as we have seen, not all the werewolves were grateful for Avacyn giving the ones who wanted to stop being murderbeasts a second chance, but that's neither here nor there.

There's no real room for forgiveness in a world like that, the humans of Innistrad are horrible and constantly work cause their own problems. Justice needs to be dealt swiftly to those who upset the balance else order could never be kept, how else could a plane full of so many horrors and so many different groups of asshole survive this long? Avacyn is just but harsh and Nahiri has upset the balance immensely, I have no doubt that if she was alive and knew what we did she'd kill Nahiri herself.

Nice try though

What do we know for sure.

Mantis people are by default just "insect" creature type, and green has the most of them. Not to say you can't do it in blue, just that it's going to be, like, real hard.

We know that regardless of her intentions or reasons Nahiri did this to Innistrad and I see no evidence that she's been corrupted by anything. She did this of her own volition to get revenge on Sorin, Avacyn would definitely kill her for this there's no way she wouldn't, Avacyn genuinely cares for and enjoys protecting the humans and Nahiri made her kill them.

New flake. I took your suggestion on a pic and rolled with it.

Also, I hope you get the theme of the character.

And Angels are naturally white. Doesn't mean we don't have black ones. And really, if it's sentient and became a planeswalker, then it could just have a mentality to have an affinity to blue.

>Increased planeswalker abilities
ehhhh, nowadays planeswalkers only be default have the ability to walk, all other bells and whistles were removed during the mending, so if the curse is boosting anything, it'd have to be something other than his ability to walk. You could probably just replace "planeswalker" with "untapped magical power" or something to get the same effect though.

It's not boosting anything besides being able to planeswalk with a group. It's reacting to his spark and giving him additional abilities. So, really it's the curse itself being boosted by his spark.

nono, I'm not trying to dissuade the color, just giving him a head's up. I will stand by dissuading the creature type though, insect. A claim could be made for nagas being more snake than kamigawa's snakes, but even mark has admitted this is a questionable call. Change the race, but it's fine otherwise, they just happened to choose hardmode for building something that fits both their narrative and race.

not sure why those would interact, but fuck it, fair enough

just to clarify, I wasn't calling you insect, I was stating what the race should be.

I know what you were meaning. So, no worries.

Ok, I'll add an insect subscript on its race type.

As for the color identity, I was originally going to make it UG, but the more I thought about its personality and actions, I just didn't see green there at all. So monoblue for now.

At least you have innistrad for secret bees, but what kind of cards are you actually looking for in your character?
There are a bunch of gain/pursue knowledge cards out there, but those are all pretty bland on their own, what you visualize your flake using most often spell-wise?

>The Dread Pirate
I can't stop hearing "THE DREAD PIRATE ROBERTS TAKES NO SURVIVORS"

Prisoners. But, yes. I'm happy that you caught the theme.

Hmmm, probably illusions. Mind tricks, mostly. And telepathy. So all or almost all mental-based abilities. I'll start looking at some cards and get some ideas.

Sheeet my bad.

It's been too long. I should watch that movie tonight.

Such a great movie. You have no idea how happy I am that you caught onto the theme of the character. It's like finding someone who knows about something that was such a treasured part of my youth.

I like it. It's like having an interplanar Flying Dutchman.

No.

Heh. I love the old actual lore of the Flying Durchman, but yes that was the idea.

Don't provide criticism. If you don't like that guy's snowflakes, just don't comment on them.

It's a lost cause. Just ignore it and if you can't, leave the thread and let this project's horrid half-life drag on without your presence.

You're a fucking asshat, you know that? I've always taken criticism well and do often make changes when need be. Just look at my last flake. Why do you act like this? It's like you live just to be an asshat to people who share the same interests that you do. Also, you tossed in a lot of bitching in response to an user who simply said "no".

I know it's useless to say anything, but it feels like if you aren't following the rules, then what's the fucking point?

Ok, who were your other flakes. My problem is the taking others on a trip through the blind eternities.

How do you know it's just one guy?

What was deleted?

Yeah, I'm curious, too.

Don't spare the juicy details.

I don't get it either but at this point, everyone else has just accepted him as a part of the 'community' and if you criticize any of the snowflakes he makes, you're the troublemaker and the rule-breaker, not him.

So all you can do is ignore him and accept him like everyone else or leave. Saying anything about him will just get you accused of being a troll.

Go ahead and pick my flake apart. I'd like to hear your concerns. This far, I feel like you don't like the fact that he can do things that no one else can, right? And if so, I just wanted to make something more fantasy based in the theme of the Magic universe to represent old pirate themes. And I didn't want it to just be a rehashing of some other set's guidelines.

It was this . He deleted it because it was a double post.

It's been done before. Look at Baron Sengir.

Don't waste your time with it. He'll just cite examples from fifteen years ago and pretend that the Mending never happened and that the rules haven't changed.

Just don't bother. He makes the rules of his daily snowflakes and no one else does.

Again, you are crying about something that I just said is false. I got heavy criticism for my flake Miyja and I changed her accordingly to what was pointed out.

Let me put it this way, who do you think my flakes are that I've apparently made problems over?

Wow, you're really on a snowball of antagonizing. What's your problem kid? I mean seriously.

Can anyone think of a blue card that is good for illusion magic? I'm blanking.

This guy just killed the thread. Thank you guy. Thank you for being a Sour Sally.

In what regards? What do you want the card to do? Buff illusions?

There's loads but here's the basic one.

I haven't actually planned on ever giving out which flakes, I kind of like anonymity. But, why not?

Vronak
Vontrask
Emir
Sephren
Lord Æon
Íreth
Miyja
Zulkaz
Andromeda
Raioh
Graveborn

That should work. I wanted a card to reflect Myxxzzikt's illusion magic. I found plenty for mental manipulation, but not illusions.

It doesn't help that I never play monoblue, either.

Search for cards with the subtype 'illusion' or card text 'illusion' and you should find what you're after.

I know using legendaries is a bit of a faux-pas, but what about weird older legends like Mistform Ultimus, which don't really seem like legendaries? I'm not mantis user, but they did inspire this question.

Speaking of mantis user...

Here's the updated sheet. Yay? Nay?

The people who make a big deal about summoning duplicates of "legendaries" are pretty caught up on the concept that a legendary creature is somehow more powerful than a non-legendary creature. Or that legendary even exists in the lore what so ever. Literally every single creature in MtG is legendary. In card wise, Legendary is a summon that particularly summons a specific individual, while non-legendary can be any individual of that type.

Which that's not how it works in lore as there is literally no difference.
For instance:

Non-legendary summon: I summon a Elf Ranger. Jim the 1/1 Elf Ranger appears.

Legendary summon: I summon Jim the Elf Ranger. Jim the 1/1 Elf Ranger appears.

That's literally the difference between legendary and non-legendary. If you are making a duplicate of something, you don't need to have some special bond with it, or have gotten to know it intimately. You just have to know what it is and understand how summoning works.

Jesus, please don't bring up this topic. Don't even talk about the topic. Don't respond to anyone making any arguments. There are no faux-pas, there are no disagreements. Everyone, no matter what they believe, is absolutely 100% right about whatever they're talking about. Please don't discuss this because it's just a massive fucking waste of time for everyone and just gives the troll another reason to rant and rave.

So who's up for an ending that's not three months later for the flake ball?

Dear god, please.

Reading that shit in the morning right when I wake up has been fucking brilliant.

Again with this? If you're so antagonistic about everything, why are you even here? It seems like you automatically assume everyone is the same person and no one can have a decent conversation. Seems like a pretty shitty perception of the digital world.

well, while I'm not that guy, I will say he has a pretty fair 1/8 chance with this thread specifically.
Who all is here anyway?

angerfish here, I would like to know more

I'm Vronak-chan.
Gaia-chan is still here.
I believe Serena-chan is also here.
Nishal-kun might still be here.
And Ka'-kun might still be here too.

Not totally sure.

Annanon

Yeah, I'm still around. I'm a bit... distracted at the moment though, please someone stop me.

>mainer
please no

This isn't the age of oldwalkers anymore.

Please, don't discuss this with that guy. It's not worth arguing over.

Ka'-kun is here for he asked the question
so that's 6/9 people
How active is the IRC?

To be fair, Mercy fits into every team, it's not like I'm maining Genji or something.

There's an IRC?

yeah, Rizon.net, #mtgwaifulore
Back in the old snowstorm I went there a couple times, but didn't make too great a first impression and haven't been there since. I was wondering if activity picked up with the new storm.

It's cool. I just spotted a simple open-and-shut thing and commented. If that poster's causing trouble, I won't continue any of that line further.

It's a discussion that has been had with that guy countless times. There's no convincing anyone so there's no point discussing it.

Not really, neither karada or rav are keen on it this time around

neat

well, I guess new blood to the IRC to help keep it alive then?
I'll probably log on later to see who all is there.

Also, apparently we had a lurker, the posters in this thread went up by one in the last few replies.
Hello lurker-friend, whoever you are!

Rolled 48, 64 = 112 (2d109)

Time for some Snowflake Team ups!

> Kinraker and Cadros have to team up to ssve Innistrad.

The Snowflake Ball final 1/2
Belloski had managed to perch on top of the hotel when Dyna wasn't looking and was watching as his grand hall collapsed from a distance. “Well that was a shitshow,” Albin said, perched next to the manlet dragon.
“Not entirely,” Belloski grinned and he watched people climb out from the windows before the hall collapsed in on itself, “I had that hall insured, and you got to play hero, and we got a friend.” Albin let Rock go from one of his claws. “Such hostility, just remember who saved your life,” he laughed a little after the pause, “yes, your life isn't the bargaining chip I need it seems. What about, his life?” He pointed with a claw to the squawking cock in front of the building. “That's what I thought. Albin, return him to his friend.”
“Yes sir,” Albin said and picked Rock up.
“Make sure it looks like you came from the ruins.” Belloski added as the aven flew off.
Albin flew low until he was behind the ruins before coming up over them and flying over to Razorcock, dropping Rock off at a safe distance. “Is that everyone out of the building?” he asked.
“Rock, holy shit!” Razorcock ran over, hugging his partner with both his wings. “I thought I lost you man!”

2/2
Early in the morning DIOMEDES opened his eyes, he was in a very fine bed and alone. “What, what's happening?” His armor, loincloth, and spear cast aside. The last thing he remembered was talking to Gaia before everything got fuzzy. “GAIA?” He called out getting out of the bed, walking naked over to the window before looking to take in the rest of the room. “ANYONE?”
Gaia stuck her head out of the bathroom “Are you still here?” She asked, clothed in his undershirt.
“GAIA... WHAT HAPPENED?” DIOMEDES asked, very confused.
“Looks like you're good with more than one kind of spear,” she grinned, “fucking later, Dio.” With that, she planeswalked away and Diomedes was left in the room, alone except for all the questions.

>Diomedes walks out of the building to find mountains of weird fish around Ka'Koarm and Rakkan asleep in eachother's arms

>Ka'koarm is the little spoon

given the nature of his power, determining which spoon who is may become difficult

Uzumaki...
You fiend...

Spiral power goes both directions, friend, and angerfish has poor navigation skills

Don't die on me!

so
uh
what are you guys up to?

Still writing a story for Anna, want to write a story about Starke and The Cathar.

ehh, I'm not too determined when it comes to writefaggin, so I tend to avoid it unless demanded it's a part of my courses. What's the story you're writing about? I don't know it.

Anna's is her fighting the guy responsible for her amnesia.
The Cathar will basically be his year in hell, ripping and tearing across the planes.
Starke will be her origin story.

It's up to your flake to save gossamer. Can they do it?

Anyone with the ability to redirect or counter can stop the spell.

If you mean to prevent a lamb from being taken and eaten by a giant monster, I'm sure there are some flakes that would be up to the ask... but which ones would bother?

Ka'koarm would accomplish this task!
No longer would the lamb feel fear under the subjugation and predation of beasts and demons, for Ka'koarm would bestow unto Gossamer the might and body to prey on demons herself!
>Inb4 Ka'koarm's "generosity" is what Gossamer needs saving from.

>After the deed is done, Gaia pulls out a cigarette and lights it
>Diomedes tries to cuddle
>"Fuck no, none of that. Look, you want me to call you a cab or something?"
>Diomedes runs out crying

I'd watch it.

Yes, and that's the point of the curse reacting to the spark's power. This is what allows him to transport his ship and crew across the Blind Eternities. Without it, he wouldn't be able to do so.

Stop being so antagonistic. It's like you have the need to respond to everyone who makes a comment towards criticizing another flake. How about you actually act like a decent human being for a change and stop acting like a tween who doesn't want anyone to talk to someone they don't like? Hmm?

I've never had a discussion over a walker taking more than himself through the Blind Eternities before. How can it possibly be "countless times"? You sure do like talking poorly about me A LOT. Like, seriously a lot. Also, they have already stating that the more the focus, the more they can transport. If the curse is amplifying that ability, then why would it be inconceivable to have him a transport a ship?