Shinobi Quest #12

Shinobi Quest #12

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH
(Has been updated!)

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime met General Doto of the Land of Snow, Talked to Danzo about business and politics, and brought him along to the chunin exams. She charmed her way into her own booth, and watched the semi-final round fight between Neji Hyuga and Hyo Arashi, of Yukigakure.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SneJOp9yzjI
youtube.com/watch?v=eOvuKyTDi_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

As the four of you interact, you hear the crowd murmuring again.

Neji has left the arena, and Hyo has been collected by the medical-nin.

You here the proctor announcing once more.

Naruto Uzumaki!

VS!

Sai Hatake!

The next round is starting….

The first person you see is Nori’s brother- wearing his trademark jacket. It looks really silly- Neji did call it garish, and you’re inclined to agree. It’s also quite worn- it must’ve been through quite a lot.

The second boy comes out- this must be Sai, the third member of Neji and Naruto’s squad. He’s very pale, and wears dark, muted colors- very different from Naruto’s bright clothing.

Naruto smiles- and assumes a combat stance. You can’t quite make out Sai’s face from here to see if he returns the smile.

BEGIN!

The fight has begun- is something you’re going to focus on observing?

1. Just watch the fight unfold.
2. Focus on Naruto, and his abilities.
3. Focus on Sai, and his abilities.
>Write-in

>3. Focus on Sai, and his abilities.
Gotta scout Haku's competition

Hiya Wargle! Doin' well?

>2. Focus on Naruto, and his abilities.

He's the one who will be fighting Neji, after all.

>Focus on Sai and his abilities

>Ask Danzo for a play-by play and his opinion and observations

I concur

Seconding

backing additional Danzo commentary

2, with Danzo's commentary.

Writing.

Sai is our ROOT husbando

Lee or bust.

Correct

Thats not Shikarmaru

No, you don't understand. Sai is like our mistress. We come to him in secret, on cold, lonely nights.

Lee is still worst husbando

YES!

Lee is best.

Shikamaru is also good, but I like Lee better.

why take anyone at all?
Also, reminder, Tsuki's fucking 12.

I'm holding out for an OC husbando. Or maybe Naruto, just so we can mess with Nori.

Lee is best husbando.

Sai may be acceptable, depending on how he acts here.

and Neji in that case. But still holding out for Haku being not a dumbass/bitch

I haven't spent much time reading or watching Sai, so I don't have as much affection for him as some other players.

Neji a shit

Meant that it would mess with Neji AND Nori

Pretty that was "and [also mess with] neji" not "and neji [as a husbando]"

Think autist with magic painting skillz. Also insults everyone, either on accident or on purpose.

Looks a bit like Sasuke.

I know what he's generally like.

I just haven't gotten to know him well enough.

Immediately, Sai jumps back- unfurling several scrolls as her does so. You see him splash a bit of int on each as he does so- and the drawings come out of the scrolls!

Three painted lions, now in front of Sai, are in a formation around him.

Naruto hasn’t moved. He just stands there, smiling.

“Feh, my brother isn’t taking this seriously, ya know?” Nori growls, peering over the edge of the booth.

“Inaction doesn’t mean he’s underestimating his opponent, young lady. Especially if they are familiar with one another’s techniques.” Danzo says, sitting, but still paying close attention.

Finally, as Sai and his lions begin to inch closer, Naruto begins making a series of handsigns-

“He’s using the shadow clone technique-” You, Danzo, and Nori all say at once.

The three of you look at each other, surprised.

“Look!” Hinata shouts.

You turn back to the fight- Naruto has summoned three shadow clones, and is using them to fight off Sai’s lions. The real Naruto has taken off- directly towards Sai. You can see him wielding two tri-pronged kunai.

In response, you see Sai pull out two tanto, and charge.

The two clash, surrounded by the clones and lions. Both of them are very proficient in kenjutsu- each being able to keep up with one another, with blindingly fast slashes, stabs and parries. Sai’s weapons are particularly interesting; one is giving off white streaks of chakra as it moves, while the other seems to be coated in a black substance- ink, maybe?

Dat white chakra dagger of the Hakate clan

Danzo speaks up again. “That would be Kakashi’s blade- the White Light Chakra Sabre. Belonged to his dad, Sakumo, before he passed. I’m not surprised he lent it to his adoptive brother, though. The other blade, I have no idea.”

The two continue to exchange blows- though you can see Sai beginning to pressure him further. Maybe they weren’t so equally matched, after all?

Eventually, Naruto jumps back- throwing the three-pronged kunai as he does so. Sai deflects them as he changes. Naruto, however, is ready.

“Wind Release! Gale Palm!” he shouts, clapping his hands together.

A great gale surges forth, stopping Sai in his tracks. Eventually, the wind knocks him over, and he flies back towards the arena wall just beneath your booth. You hear him hit it- hard.

Naruto releases the technique, and seems to already be preparing something else- he seems to be trying to form some sort of chakra ball…

But as he does so, black snakes, the color of ink, begin to wrap around him, biting him in places. You figure Sai must have released them as he was flying backward?

The chakra in Naruto’s hand dissipates- you can see he’s having issues trying to remove them

“When facing a superior opponent, you must gain an advantage- outwit them, bind them, hamstring them-” Danzo says, listing off various methods.

You see Sai step forward back into view- unrolling a rather large piece of parchment.

You’ve never seen anything like it’s drawing, which you can clearly make out from your seat-

A Giant Nine-Tailed Fox.

>he seems to be trying to form some sort of chakra ball…

>A Giant Nine-Tailed Fox.

well then

Well, it'sin ink, at least. Probably ain't shit.

Well these boys are baling hard ball aint they. So far my strats are as follows

Have Hinata sucker punch Neji in his branch Line nuts from below the ground before beating him while he's down

Still workin on Naruto

You know Sai is actually not a bad option from a CK2 perspective. That painting is definitely a clever trick to pass on, Kakashi would have tons of stuff for nieces or nephews, the Hatakes aren't SO important that it'd basically be getting absorbed.

SAI BEST HUSBANDO

“I hoped not to need to break this out so early, Naruto. Forgive me” you hear Sai say below you.

You seem him flick his tanto- ink hits different pieces of the giant parchment- and a deafing roar fills the arena.

“Fear,” Danzo finishes, “is also a wonderful tool.”

The large black fox begins pulling itself free of the parchment, slowly. It’s eyes are a searing red- and it howls repeatedly in anger.

Nori immediately pulls away from the window- you see her squat down and face away from the arena, covering her ears.

“No, no, no. It isn’t him. It couldn’t possibly be. It’s just a trick. A dirty trick….”

Meanwhile, Naruto’s face has gone white. The beast finally finishes pulling itself out of the parchment, growling ferociously towards Naruto, and the crowd at large.

“Quite the rendition.” Danzo says, stroking his chin. “You’d think the boy had seen it himself.”

Naruto, finally, seems to have freed himself from the ink snakes, just narrowly avoiding the swipe of the multi-tailed monster.

His face has changed- the smile he wore, long gone. He looks furious.

It seems claws are not this beast’s only weapons- it’s tails, swinging wildly around the arena, also fail to hit the dodging Naruto, but are pockmarking the arena with all sorts of holes.

“Release it! This creature doesn’t belong here, or anywhere!” you hear Naruto yell over the roars of the fox.

“Not until you give up, Naruto. I’m sorry, but this is the way it has to be.” Sai responds, barely audible over the commotion.

The crowd, meanwhile, is in an uproar- some of them seem to be breaking into a panic.

Well, this is a development innit.

Hey, Hyuga can expell chakra from their chakra points. right? If so, can Hinata be trained to blast out chakra needles or something to protect against Neji's gentle fist? It would be a pain to block her chakra points if he got stabbed in the hand for each one.

Sai, you dick
That's genius, but motherfucker might as well have summoned the Twin Towers

youtube.com/watch?v=SneJOp9yzjI

Mood Music.

Its best not to engage a Hyuga in CQB , we could just teach her how to create a clone then have her snipe him in the back. If you engage Neji in melee your boned.

$25 says Naruto punches him from below having subbed out for a clone

Can we vote to hug Nori?

wait, Sai already in chunin exams? wtf OP

At the same time if she strays too far from the hyuga ideal the win would lose some of its meaning.

He's got kakashi teaching him not just as his jonin but before that as family.

Reminder

Pull out the image of something many people in Konoha loathe. This won't backfire on Sai not one bit. WTF Kakashi although he is a shit sensei in the show as well.

>Kakashi although he is a shit sensei

Truly a great man.

suddenlty feathers start falling from the sky....

Fear is a fabulous weapon, he wields it well, however not well enough as he has simply enraged his foe.

Fear causes a flight or fight response, and Naruto ain't running.

youtube.com/watch?v=eOvuKyTDi_I

Meanwhile, the fox hasn’t stopped it’s enraged assault, Naruto only barely managing to dodge the strikes of the beast’s tail and claws.

Nori is still in the back of the booth, muttering to herself….

Eventually the two of them land on the beast’s back, still exchanging blows. The melee continues, with Naruto having to dodge underneath the fox at several points.

As Sai chases him, you see it- Naruto has left a clone on the fox’s back. As Sai returns, seemingly losing track of Naruto for just a moment. The clone choses this time to make it’s move, lunging towards Sai. He turns, quickly engaging it, and eventually dispatching it. However…

Naruto is underneath them, charging up that same attack from before.
You hear him yell- echoing throughout the arena.

“RASENGAN!”

He flies upward, the spinning ball burrowing through the ink monstrosity. He surfaces just underneath Sai’s feet- who tries to jump away and block…. But is isn’t entirely successful.

The attack clips him, and you see him go spiraling down into another one of the Arena’s walls.

The giant ink monster begins to melt, and Naruto lands, panting.

You also see Sai, struggling to get to his feet. As he does so, Naruto readies himself once again-

Only for Sai to speak.

“I give up. Summoning that thing took most of my chakra. I’m sorry, Naruto.”

Immediately the proctor appears-

Naruto Uzuamki wins by way of forfeit!

The crowd, now worked up, erupts in applause.

You….

1. Need to confer with Danzo
2. Check on Nori
3. Talk to Hinata.

Choose only one.

>2. Check on Nori
We can talk to Danzo about what we saw later, but Nori is here right now.

>2. Check on Nori

>2. Check on Nori

Check on Nori, duh

>1. Need to confer with Danzo
You said seen it himself, you know what that thing is, spill.

>2. Check on Nori

>2. Check on Nori

>2. Check on Nori
Anything that can scare HER is some serious shit.

>2. Check on Nori

Slap her!
Get yourself together, bitch!
You're a goddamn princess, now act like one before you embarrass me!

Being a good friend.

Writing.

>2. Check on Nori

You run over to Nori, concerned.

“Hey, it’s over! It’s ok, your brother won!” you say, trying to snap her out of it.

“...huh? He won?” Nori asks quietly.

“Yeah, he took out that big ink monster- Sai gave up after that.”

“I see….” she murmurs.

Suddenly, she stands, smacking her face with both hands.
“Snap out of it Nori! You can’t be afraid of him! Brother wasn’t afraid!” she chants, smacking her own face a few more times, for good measure.

Finally, she sighs.

“Sorry about that, Tsuki. I got a little worked up. I’ll be alright.” Nori says- although she still looks rather concerned.

You…

1. Let the subject drop
2. Ask about her brother’s technique
3. Ask about the monster

>3. Ask about the monster

>1. Let the subject drop
for now......
>2. Ask about her brother’s technique

>1. Let the subject drop

Ask Danzo about it later.

>1. Let the subject drop

1. Let the subject drop
She probably doesn't want to talk about it.

>1. Let the subject drop

>1. Let the subject drop
Joke with her a bit.
"Are you sure you're okay? I can give you a few smacks myself if you need it."

Yeah let's do that.

You decide to change the subject- get her mind off of… whatever that was.

“So, your brother used this jutsu- it was this whirling ball of chakra! It totally tore through everything! Do you know what it was?” You ask, trying to be emphatic about the topic change.

“Huh? Oh, that was probably the rasengan, from how you described it. Dad developed when he was younger- took him nearly three years to develop it. Although, I’m not surprised he taught it to Naruto….” Nori says, looking a bit dejected.

“Hey! Cheer up! Need me to smack you around some? I’ve got a quite the slap, as you know! Ohohohoho!~” you say, poking Nori’s cheek & laughing.

Nori just smiles.

“Never change, princess.”

Meanwhile, it seems one of the proctors is making an announcement.

“There will be a brief intermission while the contestants recover. Please use this time as you wish. We will reconvene in one hour.”

Seems like you have some time to kill.

How you will kill the time?

1. Walk with Hinata back to Hiashi and the Hyuga- they’ll want her back for the finals.
2. Spend more time with Nori
3. Chat up Danzo about the things you just saw
4. Do something else (What?)

>1. Walk with Hinata back to Hiashi and the Hyuga- they’ll want her back for the finals.

>4. Do something else (What?)
get some food.

>1. Walk with Hinata back to Hiashi and the Hyuga- they’ll want her back for the finals.

1. Walk with Hinata back to Hiashi and the Hyuga- they’ll want her back for the finals.
Can we get some snacks for Danzo and us as well when we head back?

Seems good.
Feed the Danzo.

Then Walk back and
3. Chat up Danzo about the things you just saw

Best of both worlds

backing with
>3. Chat up Danzo about the things you just saw

Snacks and ninja talk

These are good drop her off brief chat then head back and bring some food to Danzo while we chat about the Ink-Tails

Deliver a Hinata and acquire snacks for your loyal pet Danzo

Writing.

>3. Chat up Danzo about the things you just saw
Keep up appearances and be nice to the Hyuga then retunr to Danzo for proper strategy talk.

We need to hang out with Nori more

agreed.

Truely Tsuki's best friend

I keked

Y U DO DIS
I love you

Dogzo, former leader of the disbanded ROOF.

Bark with me if you're my dog.

>Checking those digits and a hearty kek for you