Could you be with a girl if she's smart, beautiful and funny...

Could you be with a girl if she's smart, beautiful and funny, but doesn't care about your Veeky Forums hobby at all and there's no way she will?

No, I'm gay.

is your Veeky Forums hobby a big part of your life? does she disapprove of it? do you want someone who partakes in your Veeky Forums hobby to be your long term partner?

If she doesn't mind it she's worth it.

Considering a large number of my hobbies and interests intersect with Veeky Forums it would be a definite warning flag. We'd have to be very compatible on every other level and she'd have to be at least understanding of my need to partake in such hobbies even if she doesn't understand or care for them.

As long as she respects that I care for it, yeah.

As long as she'd understanding that I enjoy it, and occasionally will be doing a gamer's night out/in, I really wouldn't care.

Is she a snek? Then yes, yes I could.

Easily.
A romantic partner doesn't need to be into every single thing you are to be compatible, as evidence by practically every fucking couple who ever got together.

Change "girl" to "boy", then.

I would. I have other interests.

If she doesn't mind my hobby I can get back into some of my non-Veeky Forums hobbies so we have something to talk about. Probably be an improvement for me, I'm hopeless at the moment.

>Change "girl" to "boy" then.

Sorry, not into trans.

Yeah thats my wife. We share a lot of interests, tg/ isnt one of them. Maybe a little.

Only if she respects my choice in hobbies. It's one thing to not be into it and another when you blatantly look down on it, become abrasive when it comes up, and always (keyword is always) see it as competition for my attention.

Same here. My wife isn't in to Veeky Forums stuff. When we first started dating, I tried to play D&D with her and she just doesn't "get" it.

So long as she doesn't try to make me drop it.

Hell she could make me miss some sessions if there's compensation but I'd never make her give up something she enjoys doing so I hope she would respect that I would wish her to pay me the same respect.

Wife has no interest in rpgs or board games, but understands that I've always done them with my friends, we have some similar interests elsewhere that we share.

Yeah, it isn't a requirement a couple shares all of their hobbies. Hell, I've seen it fuck up an otherwise happy couple.

People need space.

yes. my life doesn't begin and end with Veeky Forums related things.

Depends as you entirely missed the biggest relationship make-or-breaker ever: is she an interesting human being?

This. I love Magic but if I met a girl who didnt care about it and was my perfect other half I would be fine with only playing a few times a month and only being able to talk about it on a message board that hates its own users as much as I hate brussel sprouts.

Preferable, actually. I like to keep parts of my life separated.

And this it Veeky Forums related because?

My girlfriend has no interest in roleplaying in a group setting or in Magic. That's fine though, I'm not interested in saving the kitty-cats or in gemstone collecting.
She is cool that two nights a week I'm spending time with my friends and enjoying myself, just as I am happy that she volunteers down at the cat shelter on a Saturday.
Just because we are lovers does not mean we are joined at the hip, nor does it mean that we can't have interests of our own. Especially as plenty of our interests do intersect, like science-fiction, history and cooking.

Already am and it's okay, the upside is that she's Hinata-tier of submissive and codependant.

I am.

My girlfriend has no interest in Veeky Forums hobbies. Overall we're not that compatible in terms of our interests, I just make her laugh and she makes me laugh. It's all about being caring and considerate to other human beings.

You hate brussel sprouts? What the hell is wrong with you? I bet you boil them you cunt.

I have tried many different ways of cooking them. None can mitigate their foul flavour.

I feel bad for you because in my experience a roasted or stir-fried sprout is a good time.

if shes that submissive and codependant, why don't you just make her play until she likes it?